This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    No cause we went after Nnamdi and Jenkins and lost out on both. That just says he lost. No signs of caution there.

Even after signing Spears and Coleman, Jerry said we was still looking at improving DE. That tells me 2 things. 1, the signings he made did not satisfy him completely and 2, if we don't bring in anyone better than he just got beat by the competition.

I can't believe how incapable we've been in pursuit of Safeties. There were PLENTY of guys that could've helped us and we've done nothing. Elam is a stop gap. If we get him, it better be for less than $3M per year and shorter than a 4 year deal.
    I think it was a stab, we didnt pursue them hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
      I think it was a stab, we didnt pursue them hard.
      Then it means his backup plans are weak.

Overall, Jerry just played his cards very poorly this offseason. He started it off with a BIG BANG making BIG TIME cuts, clearing cap, pronouncing "there isn't anybody we want that we won't be able to afford" type stuff.

He's come out of this with his tail between his legs.

It's been years since the Cowboys have brought in a single big name FA. The last one being Terrell Owens. lol

Comment

• I just want them to do something in FA. I really hate seeing Jenkins go for that kind of money, and Coleman and Elam aren't bad but they've been here before. I want to see some new people that haven't been here. Is Pool still available? What about some guards? I understand not wanting to make a big splash after the lockout, but I don't like the idea of standing pat when there are some good players out there to fill the huge holes in the secondary.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas): It sounds like Jason Hatcher is coming back. Our guys are working on confirming and getting details of the deal.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• The whole Bowen thing messed with our plans at End. Really, Spears and Hatcher probably weren't coming back before FA started. This is the most disappointing part of FA so far for me. I know LL agrees, too. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
              Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas): It sounds like Jason Hatcher is coming back. Our guys are working on confirming and getting details of the deal.
              Can't say this surprises me. I mean geez... we resigned Alan Ball for cryin' out loud. There's no logic that explains the moves we've made. Just waiting for the news that Jaques Reeves and Bobby Carpenter are coming back.

Comment

• Ball was expected back before FA even started, though. He was restricted and he's moving back to corner. He's been pegged as our 4th corner for a while.

That said, I still dont like him as a player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Ball was expected back before FA even started, though. He was restricted and he's moving back to corner. He's been pegged as our 4th corner for a while.

That said, I still dont like him as a player.
                  Rather play Thomas or McCann over Ball at corner. Rather find some UDFA than Ball.

Comment

• Well.... Someone tell Andrew Luck not to get hurt this year we are going to be rebuilding next year by the looks of things.

Jerry generally goes out and signs SOMEBODY to a large contract every year not wanting to be outshined by Daniel Synder but both have been shown up by any of the Eagles signings so far.

Yes, that is drastic that we will be rebuilding but we have some large holes yet to fill.

#3 Receiver... Ogeltree (I'm not as high as others on him), Jesse Holley (Mr. 4th and Long Himself???), Dwayne Harris (My personal favorite) or do we go with Felix or Murray as a Slot Receiver?

Interior O-Line: No one seems to be as concerned about Gurode being hurt as I seem to be because he has had his struggles even when he is healthy so i'm concerned about him not being 100%. Then you have Koiser and Holland at Guard which makes me cringe.

RT: I like Tyron Smith as much as anyone, but we all have seen numerous Tackles get drafted and be overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL, we are throwing a young kid out to the wolves i'm just thankful it will be will Romo can see him coming.

DE: I've been a huge fan of Spears for a long time and I think Kenyon Coleman plays great and knows his role for what he is. I don't think Olshansky and Spears as starters is the answer but I can easily be proven wrong.

S: Obvious concern here..... We have currently....... Wait.... Who do we have? McCray, Church, AOA and Sendejo (Sure add Alan Ball to the mix since we resigned him)... No idea who these guys are? Thats ok your not alone there.... Here is a breakdown of them for you.
                    McCray (Didn't start in college is purely a Special Teamer so anyone with pipe dreams of him starting is nuts.)
                    Church (Undrafted, though he shouldn't have been, was one of the last roster spots on the team last year but hey he looked good on special teams didn't he?)
                    AOA (Well.. He's Fast thats about all we have been able to tell seeing has he has been hurt for the majority of his time wearing a star not to meniton hasn't seen this competition level ever before)
                    Sendejo (Heck, I had to look him up, Looks like he had a great career at Rice (A Doormat in the C-USA) and was on the Practice Squad at the end of the year.)
                    Alan Ball (The guy got thrown to the sharks last year and we saw what happened, he was way over his head trying to play out of position, but let's be honest he wasn't getting any help from an experienced safety in Sensabaugh which you need if your going to break in a new safety in this league; Had he been with Darren Woodson or even Roy Williams I think the kid could have been much better but he was overthinking the entire process.)

So feel safe with our SAFEties? I sure don't and an Abram Elam isn't going to make things a whole lot better.

We thought last year was rough, let's just pray that Romo doesn't get killed again.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• I've never seen so many negative nancy's. This is largely the same team that won it's first playoff game(ken freakin hamlin anyone), with a better offensive line, with a new coach, and new d.coord. Are they SB contenders? I'd say no....are they talented enough to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs...definitely. There's largely no team in the league without holes....

Eagles have the weakest LB'ers in the NFC east, a QB that can't stay healthy, and still a up and down line.

Giants are rebuilding their line, have a weak LB'er core, key injuries at receiver, and a QB that's come off his worst season on record.

Redskins have Beck and Grossman battling...a weak oline, no names at WR/RB.

That's just in our division, they have a 3rd place schedule, and just a few bounces their way can be the difference between a win and loss. They had some REALLY bad bounces last year...flukey turnovers(T.Choice fumble, Roy Williams fumble, buncha interceptions bouncing of Austin/Witten into defenders hands).

The Cowboys strength is going to be their offense, we know this. If Jenkins reverts to form,Spencer plays ANYWHERE near his '09-10 season, T.New stays somewhat healthy(Not a copout, but I think his rib injury was a huge reason why he struggled), we upgrade the secondary(even with Abram/AOA is better than last year).

I really think folks are underestimating the team and coaching. The difference in the defensive schemes and moving Rat/Ware around will do wonders.
                      Last edited by FreshBoy!; 08-01-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Here's a little quote from Rob Ryan today which is thought to be a jab at the Eagles.

Rob Ryan: "I don’t know if we win all-hype team. That might have gone to someone else, but we’re going to beat their *** when we play them."
                        So awesome.
                        Last edited by TheFinisher; 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I heard that quote on ESPN radio, exactly why I wanted him as a DC. Think Wade ever says anything like that? I just wish we had given him more personnel to work with. Our DE's are flat out trash. Hatcher is solid, good rotational player but it makes you question what were doing when we re-sign Spears and let Bowen go. I'd love to say the guys who do this for a living know better then I do but Bowen has been better then Spears for at least 2 years now.

I'm just sick of looking at Spears playing DE for us. I would have been a bigger proponent for JJ Watt if I knew we were going to trot out with this group of ends. Be nice if Brent-Price ended up a stud DE, or a stud NT and Ratliff was a DE, that would make some sense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Yea that kinda sucks, re-signing Spears and Hatcher almost guarantees we won't be in the market for drafting a DE early for at least 3 to 4 years... *sigh*
                            Cowboys Mock:
                            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                              Here's a little quote from Rob Ryan today which is thought to be a jab at the Eagles.

So awesome.
                              Rob Ryan is my hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                                I've never seen so many negative nancy's. This is largely the same team that won it's first playoff game(ken freakin hamlin anyone), with a better offensive line, with a new coach, and new d.coord. Are they SB contenders? I'd say no....are they talented enough to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs...definitely. There's largely no team in the league without holes....

Eagles have the weakest LB'ers in the NFC east, a QB that can't stay healthy, and still a up and down line.

Giants are rebuilding their line, have a weak LB'er core, key injuries at receiver, and a QB that's come off his worst season on record.

Redskins have Beck and Grossman battling...a weak oline, no names at WR/RB.

That's just in our division, they have a 3rd place schedule, and just a few bounces their way can be the difference between a win and loss. They had some REALLY bad bounces last year...flukey turnovers(T.Choice fumble, Roy Williams fumble, buncha interceptions bouncing of Austin/Witten into defenders hands).

The Cowboys strength is going to be their offense, we know this. If Jenkins reverts to form,Spencer plays ANYWHERE near his '09-10 season, T.New stays somewhat healthy(Not a copout, but I think his rib injury was a huge reason why he struggled), we upgrade the secondary(even with Abram/AOA is better than last year).

I really think folks are underestimating the team and coaching. The difference in the defensive schemes and moving Rat/Ware around will do wonders.
                                No one is saying we can't compete. It's the fact that our competition got better while we remained the same. There's no giving our offseason an A+. Why not? Why do we have to settle for anything less? Should we just be grateful because they are our team? That's too homeristic for me. I feel like an honest fan can be both complimentary and critical of their team when the situation calls for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information