Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit
    It's all coach talk. Teams like us don't get this lucky. Remember when Ryan Petitte was practically declared Mr. Awesome by Parcells?
    Ahhh yes. We thought we lucked on our RT for the future in the 6th round. I'm pretty sure he's been bounced out of the league.

    Comment


    • Now that was coach talk...anyone with a pair of eyes could tell you that Rob Petitti was ****. lol. I absolutely hated that scrub, but Parcells gave him the benefit of the doubt for longer than he should have. And his liking toward him, and those words, got fans on the guys side. They took that and ran with it, but in reality he was terrible.

      One of my first NFLDC memories was me getting into an agrument with like 8 Cowboys fans on here about that loser. HA.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • OK how about this for fun... James Marten, Stephen Peterman, Jacob Rogers, Robert Brewster, Pat McQuistan, EJ Whitley... I hella don't believe in Sam Young. I don't care that the coaches liked him last year.

        Color me skeptical about David Arkin and Bill Nagy. I actually do like Arkin, but expecting him to be a reliable starter as a rookie is more than being nice and optimistic. IT'S DARN RIGHT CRAAAAAZY.

        Comment


        • I wouldnt expect Arkin to be ready yet, either. Any good news from an outside source looks good right now, though. We'll have to see things for ourselves when he gets on the field.

          As for Sam Young....it's not looking too good anymore. He hasnt gained any strength since last year, so he's still getting tossed around. But it seems like he's doing much worse than he did a year ago. Started camp off looking good, but he's been horrible since then. Sadly...he's pretty much all we have. And the team seems invested in him as our top tackle off the bench.

          I'm with you on the O-Line...our depth looks pathetic any way you look at it. I never would have expected Nagy to even be on the final 53. We're never really known for having offensive line depth...but this has to be the weakest depth we've had since we had the likes of Petitti and Torrin Tucker.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-08-2011, 12:57 AM.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I wouldnt expect Arkin to be ready yet, either. Any good news from an outside source looks good right now, though. We'll have to see things for ourselves when he gets on the field.

            As for Sam Young....it's not looking too good anymore. He hasnt gained any strength since last year, so he's still getting tossed around. But it seems like he's doing much worse than he did a year ago. Started camp off looking good, but he's been horrible since then. Sadly...he's pretty much all we have. And the team seems invested in him as our top tackle off the bench.

            I'm with you on the O-Line...our depth looks pathetic any way you look at it. I never would have expected Nagy to even be on the final 53. We're never really known for having offensive line depth...but this has to be the weakest depth we've had since we had the likes of Petitti and Torrin Tucker.
            It really is too bad Jerry can't stay consistent. I really liked the way we were addressing OL with veterans, and used the draft for developing. True, it hasn't always worked out... Marco Rivera got hurt, the draft hasn't been too kind outside of Free... but it has worked as far as Kosier, Colombo, Davis went. Their windows were never too long to begin with, but replacing them through FA should've been the backup plan had our draft picks not panned out as it's turned out. Replacing them with rookies is the wrong answer. He should've hit up FA. This is nightmarish. ...I mean... just look at the defensive lines in the NFC East alone... they've all gotten better...

            Comment


            • Issue has been over paying for talented players with question marks. Davis and Williams both came in with huge contracts and lots of doubters. The dead cap for 11 and 12 are mainly a result of these signings. Williams was the worst of the bunch. Particularly given how cheap WR were moved for before and after Roy.

              Sensy, Kosier, etc were much more conservative and in the long run players without big deals rarely sit around and rest. They play with more attitude.

              Comment


              • maybe with a little more cap space after restructuring, jones is holding back to see how things shake down with cuts and preseason injuries before boosting the line.

                it does look pretty scary. Only lineman I'm not concerned at all about is Free. There is a rookie at RT, Gurode isn't yet healthy, and Kosier gets nicked up from time to time. I never thought Holland was an actual option as a starting lineman, but I guess Jerry thinks he can pull it off. Arkin could be a good guard down the road, but putting two rookies next to each other could get Romo killed. And Sam Young is a serious option at Swing tackle? God forbid something should happen to Free or Smith.

                Well I think Flozell is still out there and so is L. Davis. Maybe Jones can bring one of them back for depth at cap friendly price.
                Last edited by bluebonnet78; 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                  Issue has been over paying for talented players with question marks. Davis and Williams both came in with huge contracts and lots of doubters. The dead cap for 11 and 12 are mainly a result of these signings. Williams was the worst of the bunch. Particularly given how cheap WR were moved for before and after Roy.

                  Sensy, Kosier, etc were much more conservative and in the long run players without big deals rarely sit around and rest. They play with more attitude.
                  I agree that players with big deals hardly take a rest, but I'm also not fooling myself about how good Kosier has been during his career here. Kosier has been decent, but we've had to endure some terrible play as well. His best asset really is his play calling since Gurode is completely inept.

                  ...and Sensy last year was hardly an asset. There's a reason why NFL teams didn't rush to sign him and a reason why he only got a 1 year deal from us. He needs to play with more attitude if you ask me. I would've loved a guy like Bernard Pollard. Too bad the Ravens got him while we sat and watched.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
                    maybe with a little more cap space after restructuring, jones is holding back to see how things shake down with cuts and preseason injuries before boosting the line.

                    it does look pretty scary. Only lineman I'm not concerned at all about is Free. There is a rookie at RT, Gurode isn't yet healthy, and Kosier gets nicked up from time to time. I never thought Holland was an actual option as a starting lineman, but I guess Jerry thinks he can pull it off. Arkin could be a good guard down the road, but putting two rookies next to each other could get Romo killed. And Sam Young is a serious option at Swing tackle? God forbid something should happen to Free or Smith.

                    Well I think Flozell is still out there and so is L. Davis. Maybe Jones can bring one of them back for depth at cap friendly price.
                    I hope you're right about Jerry doing something along the OL. But I hope you're not right about Flozell and Davis coming back.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                      Issue has been over paying for talented players with question marks. Davis and Williams both came in with huge contracts and lots of doubters. The dead cap for 11 and 12 are mainly a result of these signings. Williams was the worst of the bunch. Particularly given how cheap WR were moved for before and after Roy.

                      Sensy, Kosier, etc were much more conservative and in the long run players without big deals rarely sit around and rest. They play with more attitude.
                      Davis certainly got an enormous contract...but at least we got two amazing years out of him. There was a very short period of time, where he was the best G in football. You're certainly right about Roy's contract, though. That one was a killer.

                      I'm not too fond of Olshanky's contract either, really. It's not even that lucrative...I just dont think he's worth $4 million+ a year.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I hope you're right about Jerry doing something along the OL. But I hope you're not right about Flozell and Davis coming back.
                        maybe not. i could just be looking back with rose-tinted glasses. I will say that releasing Colombo may not have been the smartest move Dallas made. perhaps they panicked in order to open cap space, but He was costing something like 2 mil on the cap i think. I'm sure they could have found a way to restructure or work him in just in case Tyron gets hurt. I guess they thought highly of Sam YOung that they could get by.

                        Comment


                        • I really doubt Colombo would be fine with a backup role in Dallas, after starting for 5 consecutive years with us. It doesnt really work that way. Guy has been having a bad camp with Miami anyway, apparently.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            I really doubt Colombo would be fine with a backup role in Dallas, after starting for 5 consecutive years with us. It doesnt really work that way. Guy has been having a bad camp with Miami anyway, apparently.
                            could be. guess they'll just have to roll with Young for the time being.

                            Comment


                            • Saw some random trade rumor...Choice to Titans for Finnegan. I'd take it in a heartbeat, but don't see it happening. We don't have the cash to resign him now and we'd be renting him for the year.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                                Saw some random trade rumor...Choice to Titans for Finnegan. I'd take it in a heartbeat, but don't see it happening. We don't have the cash to resign him now and we'd be renting him for the year.
                                Why worry about resigning him now? We're not resigning Choice so at least you get an upgrade in depth for a player that you will probably cut anyway.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                                -Douglas MacArthur

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information