Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnegan is back at camp, I believe. Says his contract stuff was overblown. But anyway, why would a team with Chris Johnson even want Tashard Choice? They dont even use their backup RB.

The Lonyae Miller hype machine seems to be in full blast right now. He's quickly risen to near the top of my list, of guys I'm most anxious to see in the preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Finnegan is back at camp, I believe. Says his contract stuff was overblown. But anyway, why would a team with Chris Johnson even want Tashard Choice? They dont even use their backup RB.

The Lonyae Miller hype machine seems to be in full blast right now. He's quickly risen to near the top of my list, of guys I'm most anxious to see in the preseason.
      I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the pre-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
        could be. guess they'll just have to roll with Young for the time being.
        I really dont want to roll with Young, though. haha. That said, I dont want any of our old veterans back either.

Sound like a broken record, but it's really stupid not to address the O-Line via FA. Even if it's just for added depth. We could use a decent T behind Free/Smith, and Nick Cole is still freaking out there for G. He can play two positions, and he could start if you needed him to. I was actually hoping that we'd sign him and start him full time. But you could also just sign the guy for added depth behind Kosier and Holland. How they can look at that line and say "we're good", baffles my mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I really dont want to roll with Young, though. haha. That said, I dont want any of our old veterans back either.

Sound like a broken record, but it's really stupid not to address the O-Line via FA. Even if it's just for added depth. We could use a decent T behind Free/Smith, and Nick Cole is still freaking out there for G. He can play two positions, and he could start if you needed him to. I was actually hoping that we'd sign him and start him full time. But you could also just sign the guy for added depth behind Kosier and Holland. How they can look at that line and say "we're good", baffles my mind.
          I'd take Cole at league minimum as a back-up only. I don't see him as a serviceable starter, but a back-up yes.

Comment

• More on our young O-linemen per ESPN Dallas

SAN ANTONIO -- The Cowboys held their Blue-White Scrimmage on Sunday afternoon with a mix of some good and bad.

There were players that stepped up to the challenge that needed to prove to the front office and coaches that their spots on this team are either secure or a maybe a move was needed. Letís start with how the young right side of the offensive line played. Tyron Smith and David Arkin impressed with what they were able to accomplish in the scrimmage.

Smith was matched up against Anthony Spencer and was solid with his ability to get movement in the running game and as a pass protector. The more I get the opportunity to see Smith play live, the more I understand why he was the top-rated tackle in the draft by teams across the league. His ease of movement and patience is impressive.

Usually rookie offensive linemen will struggle with technique, overextend and have problems keeping their balance. Smithís play has improved each day.

Arkin doesnít have the prettiest technique, but he shows the ability to play on his feet and stay after his man. He has an advantage in this scheme over Montrae Holland because Arkin can pull, trap and get on the edge. With him in the lineup, the team is more athletic on the front.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              I'd take Cole at league minimum as a back-up only. I don't see him as a serviceable starter, but a back-up yes.
              Nick Cole is certainly capable of providing a Kosier like impact or stability. The guy is perfect for our blocking scheme. He's really not bad at all...he was just let go because he no longer fit in the Eagles offensive line scheme. They brought in Mudd, who is all about the more athletic lineman, opposed to the bigger bodies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• You guys see Garrett say the "Razorback" formation wasnt dead? I wish it was. That should just go away, or at least try to run it with someone other than Choice, because it doesnt work at all. Felix, Murray, Harris...try one of them. haha. If it doesnt look too pretty, throw it in the trash.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                  yeah i noticed he was out there, but i remember when the cowboys shredded him when he was forced into action as a Center when Jamaal Jackson went down right before the 2009 playoff game. I can't say i'd want him as anything more than a backup guard, though we already have that in Montrae Holland.

I hear they are trying to move Arkin over to LG now and move Kosier over to the right, which sounds smarter playing him beside two veterans.

Comment

• Interesting development in Cowboys camp. Arkin getting reps at LG, while Kosier plays RG. Now that aint too bad of an idea, if Arkin really is playing well.

edit...beat me by seconds. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
                      yeah i noticed he was out there, but i remember when the cowboys shredded him when he was forced into action as a Center when Jamaal Jackson went down right before the 2009 playoff game. I can't say i'd want him as anything more than a backup guard, though we already have that in Montrae Holland.

I hear they are trying to move Arkin over to LG now and move Kosier over to the right, which sounds smarter playing him beside two veterans.
                      That actually sounds brilliant. Especially since Arkin projected long term as a LG anyways. You go from a young and very questionable right side to a balanced line where our young guys don't have to learn a new position from what they played in college. Plus, we play them in between the vets. Good good.

Comment

You guys see Garrett say the "Razorback" formation wasnt dead? I wish it was. That should just go away, or at least try to run it with someone other than Choice, because it doesnt work at all. Felix, Murray, Harris...try one of them. haha. If it doesnt look too pretty, throw it in the trash.
                        Isn't it the greatest when we pull out this formation in the middle of a drive that's working brilliantly. We've executed a few 1st downs, moved the chains, picked up a bunch of yards as we approach the redzone only to pull out this formation on 2nd and 7, and end up with a 3rd and 16 out of FG position.

I've seen that happen so many times thinking about it makes me want to throw my tv.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Isn't it the greatest when we pull out this formation in the middle of a drive that's working brilliantly. We've executed a few 1st downs, moved the chains, picked up a bunch of yards as we approach the redzone only to pull out this formation on 2nd and 7, and end up with a 3rd and 16 out of FG position.

I've seen that happen so many times thinking about it makes me want to throw my tv.
                          Yep. Idiotic in every sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            want to throw my tv.
                            Did this two nights ago. Wouldn't recommend.

Comment

• Two good years from Davis but his deal was what 7???

Just, in general, big, multi-year contracts to guys with personality issues is not a good idea. I don't care how good they are or could be.

Look at Haynesworth.

Guys who are not fanatical workers and great teammates should not get long term contracts. And Davis, Williams, Haynesworth were never known for this. I would never give them more than 1/2/3 years at most and make them always work.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                                Two good years from Davis but his deal was what 7???

Just, in general, big, multi-year contracts to guys with personality issues is not a good idea. I don't care how good they are or could be.

Look at Haynesworth.

Guys who are not fanatical workers and great teammates should not get long term contracts. And Davis, Williams, Haynesworth were never known for this. I would never give them more than 1/2/3 years at most and make them always work.
                                All those guys are always signed to big deals, and cut mid way through them without any problems. It always happens, Davis was an elite guard when we signed him, and we cut him rightfully so.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information