Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're not missing Roy at all...but I dont see anything wrong with being nervous about the WR situation. Given that they're all unproven, and no one looks ready to step in as a starter if we lost Dez or Miles, either. Losing one of them is a scary thought and both have had to deal with injuries in the past as it is. Harris is a slot guy, Oggs hasnt proven a damn thing, and Holley isnt even good.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-16-2011, 02:46 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
      Oh yea, I am not nearly as nervous about WR as some. I think between Oggs, Harris and Holley that someone will rise. All three of these guys speak to me.

There are some that say losing Roy Williams is bad because all we have is Oggs, Harris and Holley left. That is funny to me. My question is "How will we ever find someone that will replace Roy's 38 catches a year?"
      I am am available for $500,000 per.

And I will never fumble.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        We're not missing Roy at all...but I dont see anything wrong with being nervous about the WR situation. Given that they're all unproven, and no one looks ready to step in as a starter if we lost Dez or Miles, either. Losing one of them is a scary thought and both have had to deal with injuries in the past as it is. Harris is a slot guy, Oggs hasnt proven a damn thing, and Holley isnt even good.
        I'm not worried about the 3rd WR just because of Witten there anyway. Witten, Austin, and Dez are basically the three main targets in the passing game. All three(Dez if he is what we think he is) have Pro Bowl ability, so whoever is the third wideout isn't going to be a major factor unless an injury happens. Even if an injury happens then they would still be third fiddle at best with a lot of screens going Felix and Murray's way.

Now with that being said, I do think it's a good thing that there is a good competition for the 3rd spot. I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on it, but that they should be okay considering you've got some serious Pro Bowl talent on offense.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• We're talking about the wrong concerns here. The offensive talent we have is enough to put up points if the OL can buy Romo time. Big IF right there on the OL.

The problem is our defensive ability to stop the Giants and Eagles. Let's start a discussion on the Giants first. How do you think we match up against them?

Comment

• Yeah. My big concerns this year is OL depth and defense. Offense is stacked as long as there are no Cory Proctor like situations. Defense on the other hand still has me a little unnerved. Newman's injuries, Jenkins' inconsistency, and just the secondary in general worry me. I have faith in Rob Ryan, but he's got an uphill battle with the stupid lockout taking up a lot of valuable time.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• When I look at the Giants, I don't see a ton of weapons outside of Nicks, Jernigan and I think Beckum will start to come on strong this year. Their RBs don't scare me, but Eli has always been able to extend plays long enough to make important conversions and move the ball against us despite their lack of big playmakers at every position. I think there will be give and take when their offense matches up with our defense.

The problem I fear is that their defense will be able to shut down our offense bettter than our defense can shut down theirs. If we can't score more than 21 points against their defense, then I think we're in trouble.

Comment

• FYI - This is BASE we are talking about.

calvinwatkins Igor Olshansky is backing up Kenyon Coleman: ARLINGTON, Texas

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...medium=twitter
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• I saw that earlier...the guys on twitter kept flip-flopping as to what they were actually seeing out there. That young kid who works for DC.com...who's name is escaping me.

But anyway...Igor is as good as F'd if he was passed on the depth chart. I could care less, though. He's nothing special. Guy is one of the strongest players in the league, in the weight room. But it doesnt always translate to the field.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• apparently Dallas is about 6 mil under the cap right now.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...2011-cap-space

As far as the Giants I think we match up well. Their offensive line is going through transition right now just as ours is and Will Beatty is a big question at T. Factor in the loss of Steve Smith and Boss that team lost a good blocking tight end as well as 2 nice passing options for Eli. Of course Manning can make plays and move the ball, but he also has his tendencies to turn the ball over and in general isn't as accurate as Tony. Their defense could be stout this year if they are healthy. God knows their defensive line always looks good on paper and the secondary should be decent, but that team hasn't performed down the stretch as of late. I imagine we'll at least probably split the head to head with them, but I just don't think they are up there with the teams that I am worried about on the schedule. I'd say New England, NY Jets, and Philly are the only four games I feel we are going to have to pull off a great performance to get a win. All other games should be within our grasp.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG
                      What happened to your OL? I don't really recognize any names. You guys have a lot of turnover in that department. What do you realistic expect from your OL this season or at least first couple games?
                      LT Doug Free (only 1 complete year as starter)
                      LG Bill Nagy (7th round, rookie)
                      C Phil Costa (UDFA, 2nd year)
                      RG Kyle Kosier (new position change)
                      RT Tyron Smith (1st round, rookie)

For a team that ignored defense in the draft and FA, and invested so much on offense, I think we've set ourselves up for failure with this starting 5 OL.

If this unit ulimately becomes the future of the Cowboys OL, then in 3-4 years time, this offense can hit it's peak. That's not to say this offense won't be good. It just won't be at it's best.

Comment

• When the majority of your line has one career start among them, 4 games total (all Costa)...you may have a problem on your hands. lol.

A lot of teams take lumps with one rookie starting...we essentially have three starting. I'm excited to see them play for sure, but at the same time...it's easy to recognize how much of a risky move this. And really, it's a stupid one, just based on the odds themselves. You have teams with veteran lines that suck...and we're throwing out three youngins out there. "Lumps" may be taking it lightly.

I really hope I'm wrong...because I actually have no problems with this as a "future" starting line. But to throw them all out there together, at the same time, seems...careless.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-29-2011, 06:50 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Message sent boys.
                          Dumb players need not apply at Valley Ranch.
                          Message received.
                          Last edited by yanksknicks; 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy!
                            Eagles are doing the same thing. Going young, except they're contenders, and their young guys are arguably worst than ours. The line will take their lumps, but after what you saw from the very same veteran players, how can you be upset at this. You guys are throwing hissy fits... The best players are playing, if gurode was still a contributor there's no doubt in my mind that he'd be retained.

Giants have an over the hill line and are getting abused as I type this.

Lol redskins may have the best line in the NFC East.
                            Over the hill? LOL Right now we may have the best OL in the division. We have stability for the most part, and the Oh'ara who was older and Richy are cut. Not only that, we have one of the best OL coaches in the league.

I am more interested for Baas and Beatty. They need to gel. Remember we moved David D inside, and playing our 3rd round pick from couple years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              LT Doug Free (only 1 complete year as starter)
                              LG Bill Nagy (7th round, rookie)
                              C Phil Costa (UDFA, 2nd year)
                              RG Kyle Kosier (new position change)
                              RT Tyron Smith (1st round, rookie)

For a team that ignored defense in the draft and FA, and invested so much on offense, I think we've set ourselves up for failure with this starting 5 OL.

If this unit ulimately becomes the future of the Cowboys OL, then in 3-4 years time, this offense can hit it's peak. That's not to say this offense won't be good. It just won't be at it's best.
                              You guys have a lot of toys on offense, but without an OL you guys may struggle. You guys have so many good weapons, but you guys need to get that whole line to gel.

Plus, our division can get to the QB, so that is a concern for us and other OLs in the division like the Eagles line and Redskins.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                Our line is nothing like the Eagles line...

They have established veterans and former higher round draft picks all along that line.

The situations are completely different...it's not that we're going younger. It's that you're going younger, with inexperienced first and second year players. Three in one year, no less.

You keep saying that but in your above post you said the run blocking is much better than last year and they are giving Tony a clean pocket. I would think younger and better is a good thing. Also have you noticed our penalties are way down as compared to last year? Another plus!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information