This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fairness to Elam...I've loved his play this preseason. :D

Aside from that Mcnabb bomb that he somehow misjudged and couldnt ******* pick off. He should have had it.

As for Coleman...he's already better than Igor. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I feel JJ is putting a cOmpetitive team on the field this year. However, it's not a championship team. Hes got a youth movement on offense that I like. Maybe we won't win 11 or more games, but we will be very competitive. The defense is the real unknown. We shall see

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I'm having a hard time trying to keep defending my stance...because it's just common sense. Starting three inexperienced lineman...this is something most coaches in their right mind would never do. Just saying, it's an odd move, that you just dont see. Normally you'd like to have a nice balance and transition younger guys in at different times. You're just asking for mistakes, lapses, penalties, and just flat out beatings. And in a year where your GM constantlty preaches about being competitive, it's an incredibly akward decision. We have the type of O-Line makeup that one would expect from a heavily re-building team.
        Yes, in an ideal situation we would have Eric williams at T, Stepnoski at C and Larry allen to surround these young guys but thats not the case. We got old all at the same time. All Im saying is I rather take my chances with these young guys than to throw out those guys from last year. We KNOW what we had with Davis, Colombo, Gurode...OLD OVERWEIGHT UNDER ACHIEVERS. We don't know what we have with the new guys yet, but IMO its gotta be better even while we are taking our lumps

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Here's hoping heart and hustle lead the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
            Yes, in an ideal situation we would have Eric williams at T, Stepnoski at C and Larry allen to surround these young guys but thats not the case. We got old all at the same time. All Im saying is I rather take my chances with these young guys than to throw out those guys from last year. We KNOW what we had with Davis, Colombo, Gurode...OLD OVERWEIGHT UNDER ACHIEVERS. We don't know what we have with the new guys yet, but IMO its gotta be better even while we are taking our lumps
            I agree with you on this. Only way the young guys get experience is by playing.

Comment

• *Thumbs up* Pocketaces...I think that's all anyone is saying. We know what we've had with the Oline, they've gotten Romo knocked around year after year. If we're going to continue to let him get knocked around, it might as well be the cheap young guys...right?

Nobody is saying there's no risk, and that the odds are against the Line in succeeding...Everyone agrees there.
              Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
              Over the hill? LOL Right now we may have the best OL in the division. We have stability for the most part, and the Oh'ara who was older and Richy are cut. Not only that, we have one of the best OL coaches in the league.

I am more interested for Baas and Beatty. They need to gel. Remember we moved David D inside, and playing our 3rd round pick from couple years ago.
              I guarantee the Giants OL will be worst than the Cowboys by the end of the year.

Comment

• Gurode isnt even bad...he had to carry Davis' fat ass last year. He'll probably go sign somewhere and make another pro bowl. As I said in one of my previous posts, it would have been better keeping Gurode or signing a veteran LG to start, either or. That way, you're not throwing three kids to the wolves all at once. We have a pro bowl QB caliber to protect back there. And a veteran addition or keeping Gurode, would at least in theory, backed by I dont know, the history of the league...have given us a better chance, and would have been better for the transition of the line in the long run. I just hope this doesnt bury us. The fact that some fans seem unconcerned is mind boggling, because it's a completely unconventional and a chancy game they're playing right now.

I dont want to keep talking about, really. We're just going in circles, we all have our stances. I like all these young players...but I dont agree with this latest move.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-29-2011, 07:57 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Here's hoping heart and hustle lead the way.
                  I really thought you'd be thrilled that JG has taken control of this team. All these moves are JG not JJ. It will take a couple of years, but cant you see the kind of team JG wants? I'm sure next years draft will be all about the D. Igor will be gone, Newman will be gone, and if these other vets dont perform JG will cut their asses too. Younger, smarter, faster, more athletic, I Love the direction were heading, but thats me and my rose colored glasses :-/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                    I agree with you on this. Only way the young guys get experience is by playing.
                    Wait, wait, wait...O-Line is typically a position where players need to sit and learn. They'd still be inexperienced in the sense that they havent actually played...but more skilled, technique savvy, and knowledgable of the position and their assignments itself.

Young O-lineman that play early, tend to struggle...a lot. Strength and technique issues can be ironed out by sitting, without hurting the team, or getting someone injured. Doug Free is a perfect example.

Lets even factor in the whole lockout thing...the timing for this is all off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                      *Thumbs up* Pocketaces...I think that's all anyone is saying. We know what we've had with the Oline, they've gotten Romo knocked around year after year. If we're going to continue to let him get knocked around, it might as well be the cheap young guys...right?

Nobody is saying there's no risk, and that the odds are against the Line in succeeding...Everyone agrees there.

I guarantee the Giants OL will be worst than the Cowboys by the end of the year.
                      Based on what? That's just you being biased because you're a cowboys fan. So all those new faces will be better than 3 veteran guys? You could be right, but I think it's just your die hard fan in you talking.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post

The Eagles line may be too, they are going to struggle again. I would have liked to keep him, but I also believe they don't see a drop off in talent or else they wouldn't have made this move. They can see the practices we can't. I just think our line is going to end up being a very good unit that can gain some chemistry playing together and continue to get better.

Whatever shuffle we are making on the line, I'll take ours over those two teams by seasons end.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Gurode isnt even bad...he had to carry Davis' fat ass last year. He'll probably go sign somewhere and make another pro bowl. As I said in one of my previous posts, it would have been better keeping Gurode or signing a veteran LG to start, either or. That way, you're not throwing three kids to the wolves all at once. We have a pro bowl QB caliber to protect back there. And a veteran addition or keeping Gurode, would at least in theory, backed by I dont know, the history of the league...have given us a better chance, and would have been better for the transition of the line in the long run. I just hope this doesnt bury us. The fact that some fans seem unconcerned is mind boggling, because it's a completely unconventional and a chancy game they're playing right now.

I dont want to keep talking about, really. We're just going in circles, we all have our stances. I like all these young players...but I dont agree with this latest move.
                          If Gurode was so good, why would the Cowboys get rid of him?

Here are a few good reasons: He was overrated, overpaid and overweight. Oh, and they‘«÷re confident in Phil Costa.

Don‘«÷t be fooled by Gurode‘«÷s five consecutive Pro Bowl berths. He was voted in the last two seasons based purely on reputation. His performance has been a concern for the Cowboys.

Gurode would have made $5.5 million this season. That‘«÷s far too much for a declining player, especially one who reported to camp weighing 334 pounds ‘«Ű 18 more than his listed weight last season ‘«Ű and recovering from June knee surgery.

Per ESPN Dallas

Comment

I really thought you'd be thrilled that JG has taken control of this team. All these moves are JG not JJ. It will take a couple of years, but cant you see the kind of team JG wants? I'm sure next years draft will be all about the D. Igor will be gone, Newman will be gone, and if these other vets dont perform JG will cut their asses too. Younger, smarter, faster, more athletic, I Love the direction were heading, but thats me and my rose colored glasses :-/
                            I haven't criticized the cuts. Only our expectations for this year. You realize that right? You seem to acknowledge that we'll be better in the future for this, and I agree, so long as they don't bust. But I'm not excited about predicting success for this team this year. The wins will be bonus. This is a complete rebuilding effort.
                            Last edited by D-Unit; 08-29-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• pfftttt....I've seen plenty of Gurode, and he's fine. Of course he's over weight, he couldnt work out at all. But he's healthy now. His decline is overblown...Leonard Davis played some of the worst football, I've seen out of one of any of our lineman last season. You really think Gurode isnt going to be starting on someone else's team? Come on. Jerry has made it known that we're cutting those big contracts and they've already committed to two young lineman starters and they like Costa, so they pulled the ole power play on Gurode. But really, this is a stupid move any way you look at it, when you consider that this leads to us starting again...three inexperienced lineman.

And yes, Dallas does have confidence in Costa...I know this. That's not the point...the point is, that you're teaming the inexperienced C up with two more rookies along the same line. Hence why I said, keep Gurode or sign a veteran LG. That way, you're starting two young guys either way, instead of 3. Which is the majority of your offensive line.

The whole point I'm trying to make...is that it's never good to have the majority of your offensive line be this green.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

If Gurode was so good, why would the Cowboys get rid of him?

Here are a few good reasons: He was overrated, overpaid and overweight. Oh, and they‘«÷re confident in Phil Costa.

Don‘«÷t be fooled by Gurode‘«÷s five consecutive Pro Bowl berths. He was voted in the last two seasons based purely on reputation. His performance has been a concern for the Cowboys.

Gurode would have made $5.5 million this season. That‘«÷s far too much for a declining player, especially one who reported to camp weighing 334 pounds ‘«Ű 18 more than his listed weight last season ‘«Ű and recovering from June knee surgery.

Per ESPN Dallas
                                We've been scouting college Centers for some time now. It's not about losing Gurode. It's about replacing him with Costa. Who is hurt at the time Gurode is being cut. You would have zero complaints about losing Gurode today from me if we had drafted Stephan Wisneiwski instead of Bruce Carter. ...or had signed Olin Kruetz in FA as a stop gap and mentor for Costa/Kowalski.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information