This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
    Based on what? That's just you being biased because you're a cowboys fan. So all those new faces will be better than 3 veteran guys? You could be right, but I think it's just your die hard fan in you talking.
    It is. Every move we make works. Don't you know that by now?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      It is. Every move we make works. Don't you know that by now?
      LOL. If it works cool, then it's an asset for you guys. But I'd take our OL over any other team in the division until proven otherwise. But hey, if you guys made a good move and your OL becomes like our 2007-2008 god like OL, then more power to you guys.

Comment

• We can only hope for a god like line. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• So since we cut major salary I was hoping for some big signings, but we got none. Instead we continued to overpay our own guys... Spears... Scandrick... If the plan was to overhaul the OL, then I would've been a lot more comfortable signing a more proven G or C in FA. It's bad enough starting a rookie 1st round RT. But a 7th round OG and UDFA with 4 games under his belt is asking for trouble.

Comment

Based on what? That's just you being biased because you're a cowboys fan. So all those new faces will be better than 3 veteran guys? You could be right, but I think it's just your die hard fan in you talking.
            I think the Giants OL suffers from the same fate that the Cowboys OL suffered from....age and injuries.

That's not bias, just odds....If healthy, you're 100% right...best line in the NFC East....but I remember reading the Giants had the oldest(or top 3) lines in football. I just don't see that line staying healthy all year.

D-Unit...step down off the ledge sir.

Comment

LOL. If it works cool, then it's an asset for you guys. But I'd take our OL over any other team in the division until proven otherwise. But hey, if you guys made a good move and your OL becomes like our 2007-2008 god like OL, then more power to you guys.
              Sorry, I think you missed my sarcasm. I didn't mean truthful about those last 2 sentences. Our fan boy excitement has gotten control of our fan base here. I'm trying not to believe that we have a playoff team. I know we don't...barring a miracle.

Comment

• We have playoff caliber skill position players on offense, an extremely unproven offensive line, a once good, now struggling, veteran heavy defense, who happen to be learning a new scheme, and 5 kickers.

Championship. :D

I really cant wait to start this season for sure, though. I'm excited to see how this plays out. I dont expect a week one win, however. At least we start against Sanchez, though. I just wish it wasnt the Sunday Night game...I hate having to wait around all day on opening night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Sorry, I think you missed my sarcasm. I didn't mean truthful about those last 2 sentences. Our fan boy excitement has gotten control of our fan base here. I'm trying not to believe that we have a playoff team. I know we don't...barring a miracle.
                  Lol, This is what I'm saying, the hyperbole is ridiculous...I've already said pages back that we need to reassess our expectations for this season. I don't think the Cowboys are a playoff team whatsoever...They're rebuilding. I'm content with that, I'm not naive enough to expect to go into the season with a limited offseason, a new DC, revamped line, and the same issues as last year, and magically make a SB run. I don't think anyone is saying that whatsoever.

My excitement is in seeing the Front office make tough decisions and cut players that aren't playing up to their contract. Could they have done it with a better transition? Absolutely...but the boys are in cap hell, and need to get under to build a contender in a ever closing window, you can't do that and still pay high priced over the hill players at the same time.

Point to one person in this thread that has said that the O-Line isn't going to struggle? And that some of these decisions may not have some huge short term consequences. Point to one...You're confusing posters understanding the rationale for the cuts as blind fanboyish behavior, when it's not even close to that.
                  Last edited by FreshBoy!; 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                    I think the Giants OL suffers from the same fate that the Cowboys OL suffered from....age and injuries.

That's not bias, just odds....If healthy, you're 100% right...best line in the NFC East....but I remember reading the Giants had the oldest(or top 3) lines in football. I just don't see that line staying healthy all year.

D-Unit...step down off the ledge sir.
                    Well we are not that old. Like I said, O'hara and Richy are gone. And injuries was last year! Now we moved on to Cb! Plus we have great depth so I am not worried from that perspective. Oldest, but two old guys are gone..

LT - 26
                    LG - 30
                    C - 29
                    RG - 29
                    RT - 32

That's not an old offensive line.

Comment

• I dont even like Madden...but I'm actually a little anxious to see how they rate our starting line, in the first roster update. lol. Their ratings suck in general, but it should still be funny.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                        Lol, This is what I'm saying, the hyperbole is ridiculous...I've already said pages back that we need to reassess our expectations for this season. I don't think the Cowboys are a playoff team whatsoever...They're rebuilding. I'm content with that, I'm not naive enough to expect to go into the season with a limited offseason, a new DC, revamped line, and the same issues as last year, and magically make a SB run. I don't think anyone is saying that whatsoever.

My excitement is in seeing the Front office make tough decisions and cut players that aren't playing up to their contract. Could they have done it with a better transition? Absolutely...but the boys are in cap hell, and need to get under to build a contender in a ever closing window, you can't do that and still pay high priced over the hill players at the same time.

Point to one person in this thread that has said that the O-Line isn't going to struggle? And that some of these decisions may not have some huge short term consequences. Point to one...You're confusing posters understanding the rationale for the cuts as blind fanboyish behavior, when it's not even close to that.
                        I agree with all of those bolded statements. So why are you upset with me again? I'm saying the same thing.

Comment

• I am just wondering how good the game is. With the media and PR hype, I am thinking fans may say it's better than it actually is. I am not a fan of the scouting feature from what I read. There should be no ??? in the ratings number. In real football, all teams have measurables. Accordingly to what I read, someone said they scouted until they got all the grades, but during the draft other cpu teams drafted the players, leaving the guy to draft players with a lot of ??? in various skill set categories.

Comment

• I didnt get it last year...and all I know about this year's version is that all the Qbs are way too fast and they put a timer on individual FA signings. It doesnt feel like football to me, the gameplay is just awkward, imo. That said, I tried this year's demo and it feels better than past Madden's, aside from the QB speed. I think I'm getting this year's just because my dad wants it. lol. But if I had my way, I'd probably wait until the new consoles come out in a few years, before buying another Madden, because I dont expect much change as things currently are.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• That loser, JJT, has said as much. No team goes into a season with three inexperienced lineman with a contending mentality, or championship aspirations. It's a move that screams re-build. It's also the first Cowboy team in team history that will start the season with two rookies starting along the line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• This cut is about performance and more than a few players got very lazy under Bum Phillips kid.

What I have seen is JG going back in time to JJ and BP -- Vets need to not only be better but they need to be MUCH better or be just as cheap.

The guys cut were all over-rated and there are still a few left that need to be cut .... under Camp Cupcake were he was worried about Jones' opinion these guys simply got old.

Guys, Gurode, in 2007 broke down in the GMen game. He could not deal with the pressure of the line calls. Flo and Colombo broke down in the 2009 playoffs versus Minnesota after going in the "hot" team. For all the flack Kosier got about not being able to man up Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers the line always played much better with him b/c of his brains and the fact he was in the right place at the right time. 90% of OL play is being on your assignment if only to stand in front of him -- you don't need road-graters when you have great offensive personnel.

So, count me as one EXCITED to see the team FINALLY stop investing in Vets who always disappoint and starting to invest in younger guys. If the Coaches are right -- by the end of the year the line will be very good and very young. Too bad we burned through some youg, talented players under Bum's reign who might be starters right now.
                                Last edited by yanksknicks; 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information