This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
    As much as I want both Jenkins and Smith to play, I'd almost want to air on the side of caution and sit them this week.
    I'm tired of coddling players. If they are injured, they should sit. If reports are true that the MRI is negative, then they should play. There's a difference in being hurt and being injured.

I get the feeling that too many have conceded this game and have pretty much marked it down as a loss. I say BS. Dallas has a distinct advantage at the QB position. It's always foolish to discount a team with the advantage at the most important position on the field. I agree they should be underdogs, but I think it's BS that most folks have basically written this game off.
    Last edited by Macarthur; 09-08-2011, 09:10 AM.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• THey both have hyper--extended knees. Do serious damage. They both are not yet ruled out. I think they play...

It's game time boys. Forget the jets. Suit up. Jenkins needs to prove himself. He better play.

Do you guys think they play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        I get the feeling that too many have conceded this game and have pretty much marked it down as a loss. I say BS. Dallas has a distinct advantage at the QB position. It's always foolish to discount a team with the advantage at the most important position on the field. I agree they should be underdogs, but I think it's BS that most folks have basically written this game off.
        I personally feel we can win this game. It's a very winnable game and believe we can do it w/o Jenkins and Smith. On paper some might say we cannot do it, but if we can control their run game and run effectively on our end, we can win this. Watch for us to run a lot of screens to Felix and bubble screens to Bryant.

Comment

• Yea it's kinda funny how everyone has written us off. It sucks that Tyron and Jenkins might not be able to go but we still have a ton of talent on this team. Our biggest advantage is that we're a team that's loaded with homerun ability at the skill positions that the Jets just can't match.

If I'm Garrett I go max pro play action deep to Dez on the first play, shut the crowd up. The Jets are expecting to walk right over us, we need to come out swinging.
          Cowboys Mock:
          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Homer glasses on.......

I'm getting more and more excited about this game, the more we're written off the more I think the Boys pull off a W in a close game.

24-20 Boys.

Comment

• Madden simulation has Jets winning 13-10 on a game winning FG by Folk. We know he won't nail it when it's on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                Madden simulation has Jets winning 13-10 on a game winning FG by Folk. We know he won't nail it when it's on the line.
                The Jets will score at least 17.

Cowboys 24 - Jets 20

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  The Jets will score at least 17.

Cowboys 24 - Jets 20
                  I like your thinking.

Cowboys 23- Jets 20

Comment

• Cowboys 24-17

Felix goes off, the defense bends but comes up with big plays in crucial moments.
                    Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                      Cowboys 24-17

Felix goes off, the defense bends but comes up with big plays in crucial moments.
                      I like this thinking. I know our defense won't shut them down, but their offense tends to bog down and they settle for a lot of FGs. I think we can make enough plays on defense to make them kick mostly FGs.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        I like this thinking. I know our defense won't shut them down, but their offense tends to bog down and they settle for a lot of FGs. I think we can make enough plays on defense to make them kick mostly FGs.
                        That's our biggest advantage IMO. Their offense is built around the run game and sustaining long drives, they don't have homerun ability. All it takes is 1 or 2 good plays from our D to force them into some 3rd and longs, and Sanchez is too inconsistent to convert those on a regular basis. Especially with Rob dialing up some exotic looks. He's mistake prone, turnovers are still the most important stat in football.

Special teams and field position will be huge too, Dez is a potential swing everytime he gets a chance to return one. The Jets lost Brad Smith who was HUGE for them last year in the return game, but no one talks about that. It's nice to have Mac back there punting it away too, gives them a long field and that's what we're gonna need.

We need to be aggressive on offense and put points on the board early, the more they put the ball in Mark Sanchez's hands the better.
                        Last edited by TheFinisher; 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM.
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Cowboys Pass Offense vs Jets Pass Defense - wash

Cowboys Run Offense vs Jets Run Offense - Advantage Jets

Jets Pass Offense vs Cowboys Pass Defense - Advantage Jets

Jets Run Offense vs Cowboys Run Defense - Advantage Jets

Homefield - Advantage Jets

Injuries - Advantage Jets

Weather - Advantage Jets (Cowboys are built to better succeed indoors)

Everything on paper says the Jets will win based on the way I analyze the situation. ...but the fan in me won't give in, and I just want to believe that anything is possible. Cowboys WIN!!! GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Comment

• Jenkins practiced today and Tyron Smith was dressed out but just watched...

THERE'S HOPE!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              Jenkins practiced today and Tyron Smith was dressed out but just watched...

THERE'S HOPE!
                              That's very positive

Comment

• Jenkins will play imo. I think Smith won't. The drop off between Jenkins and Scandrick isn't as big as Smith to Parnell. I'm talking about over the whole season.

Plus reports say that Jenkins was practicing today and Smith was just watching...Smith needs to practice tomorrow to play. And if I'm not mistaken isn't friday practice just walk-thru's?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information