This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
    We were down 3 corners. I thought Rob Ryan called a hell of a game and the backups played OK. I mean, they only looked bad when the rush was poor.
    That's not the point. They still surrendered the yards. That's what we had to work with, and they didnt play well in the 2nd half. So you can't really say the defense is without fault. There were plenty of mistakes made by the defense.

Once they heal up and become more entrenched in the system, they look like they should be fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      Man this was an infuriating loss. WTF Romo? I thought he was over this ****. The D played well considering injuries, but the corners need to get healthy fast. O-Line took lumps, but they have promise.
      This is the same Romo as the one who fumbled the FG snap against Seattle. Nothing has changed. He fumbled on the goalline again today.

I hope Garrett learns now that he can't put the ball in Tony's hands. He must turn Tony into a bus driver and not a gun slinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        That's not the point. They still surrendered the yards. That's what we had to work with, and they didnt play well in the 2nd half. So you can't really say the defense is without fault. There were plenty of mistakes made by the defense.

Once they heal up and become more entrenched in the system, they look like they should be fine.
        No one is saying the defense played without fault. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Our secondary sucked going into this game and injuries made them worse. They played as well as you could've hoped for and the mental plays they make are reactionary...which are way easier to make mistakes on, unlike the offense who dictates plays. Also, you can't discredit the Jets offense so easily. They have one of the best OL's in the game and their weapons equal ours.

The offense is supposed to carry this team this year. That's where we invested our resources and picks at. That's where our leadership is. That's where we made our WORST mistakes. I'm not saying our defense didn't make mistakes, but they did their job applying pressure, getting turnovers and stuffing the run.
          The Jets offensive weapons cannot touch ours. I dont what you're talking about there.

You said, all the mistakes came on offense, initially and that is just flat out wrong. Even if they're backups, they dont get a pass for making coverage mistakes. The defense did some good and they did some bad. I'm very happy with the run defense and the blitzing, but there is no denying the coverage problems we just saw, and they lead to points.

There were mistakes on both sides of the field. That said, there was a lot to be encouraged about as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Romo to CINN for Palmer.
            That might be the only QB more stupid than Romo. No thanks.

Comment

This is the same Romo as the one who fumbled the FG snap against Seattle. Nothing has changed. He fumbled on the goalline again today.

I hope Garrett learns now that he can't put the ball in Tony's hands. He must turn Tony into a bus driver and not a gun slinger.
              He did that in 09, and we had a great year. I thought he was over that, but last year, he played like his old self before he was hurt and this year it's 08 all over again.

Coming into this game, I just wanted to be competitive, I figured a 31-20 loss with Romo getting beat up and our D looking like crap. This is so much worse. haha

Comment

Not saying they played well but given the circumstances....

Fact is the Cowboys lost because

1) Witten went pu**y and could have EASILY scored.
                2) Romo went stupid and fumbled.
                3) Romo got sloppy and threw a pass to a kid who was not playing hard.
                4) Garrett does not understand how to close game out with his offense.

I also don't understand why Austin is not targeted 10-15 times per game.

Comment

• Yeah, mistakes were made on both sides of the field but ultimately the defense came through for the team the last two drives the Jets had.

Also, ya'll are forgetting that we also couldn't convert a ******* 3rd and short on a goal line formation dive play.

Comment

No one is saying the defense played without fault. LOL.
                    The whole point to my post, was in response to you saying....

This mistakes are everywhere.... ALL ON OFFENSE though and I didn't expect that.

Blocked punt.... WTF, I thought those were extinct.
                    I was just pointing out, that the defense did infact make a bunch mistakes as well, that's all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

The Jets offensive weapons cannot touch ours. I dont what you're talking about there.

You said, all the mistakes came on offense, initially and that is just flat out wrong. Even if they're backups, they dont get a pass for making coverage mistakes. The defense did some good and they did some bad. I'm very happy with the run defense and the blitzing, but there is no denying the coverage problems we just saw, and they lead to points.

There were mistakes on both sides of the field. That said, there was a lot to be encouraged about as well.
                      OK, the STUPIDEST mistakes came on offense. I stand corrected. LOL.

If Jerry is not gonna go out and invest in the defense properly, then this is EXACTLY what I expect. This is NOT what I expect from us on offense. The defense played as well as they could have.

Comment

I was just pointing out, that the defense did infact make a bunch mistakes as well, that's all.
                        I think you are making a point which is not important. Yes, D made mistakes but the reason we lost was Romo and Witten with a mix of Garrett. Period.

Comment

• God the Boys are a stupid team.

Comment

Yeah, and you just decided to skip the rest of my arguments because you wanted to glue in on some hyperbolic statement. Nice.

Comment

God the Boys are a stupid team.
                              I fully expect a new contract extension for Tony Romo tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, and you just decided to skip the rest of my arguments because you wanted to glue in on some hyperbolic statement. Nice.
                                Yeah, he was grabbing on to a point which was very minor indeed while ignoring the elephant in the room

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information