Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
    Yea I'm pretty much done defending Romo, the guys just chokes in tight games. It's happened too many times now for it to be coincidence. He might make some 'wow' plays from time to time but at the end of the day he's going to lose you the game in crunchtime with a boneheaded play.

    We should have won tonight, I don't care if the Jets were favored, our team outplayed them. Romo gave the game away with those 2 turnovers.

    And Dez needs to stop getting nicked up all the time, he has the ability to be the most dominant offensive player in the league if he can just stay healthy. It's extremely disappointing watching him gimp around out there.
    He really doesn't make wow plays. His WRs make wow plays.

    He makes throws that most avg NFL QBs are capable of making. His decision making is not good.

    There are worst QBs, but this guy is a joke in crunch situations. The INT highlighted his ridiculous carelessness, but the fumble was worse. All we needed was a FG.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      You'd still like to see him have faith in short yardage situations at the goal line. It's not like he even tries them. Passing three times in a row is just silly.
      Ya because running it on 3rd and 1 at the end of the game worked so well for us....we haven't had a Ol that can win at the POA in a few years...pretty bad when unbalanced line can't even get a push. We don't run in goal line because we see time and time again our inability to succeed over the course of the game. Goal line just gets magnified because it directly leads to points. I'm sick of watching us not be able to get one yard because of our lack of execution.

      Comment


      • I may sound delusional to some, who have their minds made up about the guy...but I'm not worried about Romo. If he was going to do this (the INT), it happened at maybe the best point in the season, during week one.

        Tony works hard, he puts in the work and is a film rat. This is obviously going to eat at him all week long. And you've heard it before, but I do expect him to get better from it, especially with this coming in week one. He looked amazingly sharp for someone who has missed as much football as he has this past year, and the guy has improved a lot over the years. I still have a **** ton of confidence in him. And perhaps Garrett will re-think his goaline strategies after that fumble as well.

        As for something else...it figures that as soon as one corner is on schedule to return (Newman), we lose one. (Scandrick) Pretty ridiculous. At a position with zero depth, no less. This used to happen to us at corner, back in the day. Cant keep any of them on the field. I still cant believe Church was forced to play nickel corner. May want to drop one of those luxury guys (4 RB, 6 WRs, 4 TEs) and add a corner, because this current situation really sucks.

        At the very least...for being banged up, in and out, and not practing for a long ass time, Jenkins looked great. A lot more like sophomore year Jenkins. Still way too early to say he's back to form, but for missing all that time, he played surprisingly well.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-12-2011, 01:14 AM.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thule View Post
          Ya because running it on 3rd and 1 at the end of the game worked so well for us....we haven't had a Ol that can win at the POA in a few years...pretty bad when unbalanced line can't even get a push. We don't run in goal line because we see time and time again our inability to succeed over the course of the game. Goal line just gets magnified because it directly leads to points. I'm sick of watching us not be able to get one yard because of our lack of execution.
          We ran a toss in with Felix, no problem for a TD today at the goaline. Could have dialed that right back up, you have a young, athletic o-line. Garrett is way too pass friendly at the goaline. Everyone talks about us getting stopped in short yardage situations, but it's not like we even try them at the goaline. Might want to actually try to pound one in, before you go abandoning it. Conventional playcallers will sometimes attempt three straight runs down there, we would never do that. It's a higher percentage play. I just dont like his mentality down there. Regardless of O-line play, it has always been his "style" to throw it in, rather than run it in. And I personally, dont agree with that mentality.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-12-2011, 12:57 AM.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            We ran a toss in with Felix, no problem for a TD today at the goaline. Could have dialed that right back up, you have a young, athletic o-line. Garrett is way too pass friendly at the goaline. Everyone talks about us getting stopped in short yardage situations, but it's not like we even try them at the goaline. Might want to actually try to pound one in, before you go abandoning it. Conventional playcallers will sometimes attempt three straight runs down there, we would never do that. It's a higher percentage play. I just dont like his mentality down there. Regardless of O-line play, it has always been his "style" to throw it in, rather than run it in. And I personally, dont agree with that mentality.
            Yeah, those are the types of short yardage plays we can only run. We don't have a beefy OL or strong power backs. What we have is a mobile OL and RBs who do well in space. I'd like to see more of that. Kinda sad though that we need to run 10 yards sideways to gain 1 yard forward. hah ha.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I may sound delusional to some, who have their minds made up about the guy...but I'm not worried about Romo. If he was going to do this (the INT), it happened at maybe the best point in the season, during week one.

              Tony works hard, he puts in the work and is a film rat. This is obviously going to eat at him all week long. And you've heard it before, but I do expect him to get better from it, especially with this coming in week one. He looked amazingly sharp for someone who has missed as much football as he has this past year, and the guy has improved a lot over the years. I still have a **** ton of confidence in him. And perhaps Garrett will re-think his goaline strategies after that fumble as well.

              As for something else...it figures that as soon as one corner is on schedule to return (Newman), we lose one. (Scandrick) Pretty ridiculous. At a position with zero depth, no less. This used to happen to us at corner, back in the day. Cant keep any of them on the field. I still cant believe Church was forced to play nickel corner. May want to drop one of those luxury guys (4 RB, 6 WRs, 4 TEs) and a corner, because this current situation really sucks.

              At the very least...for being banged up, in and out, and not practing for a long ass time, Jenkins looked great. A lot more like sophomore year Jenkins. Still way too early to say he's back to form, but for missing all that time, he played surprisingly well.
              Good point about Jenkins. I feel the same way.

              I'm super pissed at Tony today. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he has shown no improvement. I'm losing faith in him fast.

              Comment


              • My wife just tells me...

                "Oh well, that's your team. Sad thing is, you'll be cheering for them next week."

                Sad, but true. lol

                Comment


                • I agree that most of this blame needs to be shouldered by Romo and his carelessness with the football, but calling for his head and asking to play Jon Kitna is ridiculous, lol. He wouldn't have been able to make half the throws Romo did in tonight's game, and we sure as hell wouldn't have had a chance to win. Throughout the years he has gotten better at not wanting to force things so often, but as soon as the game started getting tighter, he wanted the home run instead of the opposite field single and he struck out. For 3.5 quarters he played pretty damn well, i'm sure Garrett and the coaching staff will work on figuring out a way to keep him from choking himself again.

                  Comment


                  • If there is one thing that may become a bit of a problem with Tony...it may be the fact that he may start to tunnel into Dez too much. We saw some of this yesterday. It's tempting when you have someone that talented over there, but he's just got to remember he's got plenty of other options. You dont need to force feed it to him, especially if he's hobbling around out there.

                    That said, he still hit 8 different receivers...but I'm more talking about close games like this, down the stretch.

                    As for that pick...something also could be said for their overall chemsitry right now. (Dez/Romo) They havent had many of these situation together. This is actually only their 7th regular season game together because of Tony's injury. They obviously werent on the same page on that INT. I still wont discredit the throw, because it looked ugly...but Romo and Dez def. werent thinking the same thing there.

                    Against popular belief...the sky actually isnt falling. I'm more excited moving onto the next one. Funny I start to jump on the bangwagon a bit after this loss, but I was wary of some things and Dallas for one game at least, answered a few of those questions. (Namely the pass protection and rush defense) Not crowning either unit just yet, but they each did exactly what you want to see them do.

                    If we lose to the Niners...you guys can all jump off a bridge, if you so feel the need. But I think we should all be a little encouraged by a very young team's play, heading into a game against a lousy San Fran team.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-12-2011, 07:06 AM.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • That game was the best way to lose for this team. It was a collective loss..

                      OFF: Romo - TERRIBLE throw. Not blaming him for the fumble getting the ball kneed when in shotgun formation on the goal line isn't something to predict. That was all on Garrett. Up by 7 and controlling the game. Run. The. Damn. Ball. If Bryant was injured enough to not run 100% he shouldn't be on the field. That half run, half jog thing reminded me of Jenkins not trying to tackle last year.

                      DEF: played well but gave up WAY to many easy looks. EXCELLENT pressure despite the massive amounts of uncalled holds for both D. Ware and Spencer (surprisingly).

                      ST: Once again our weakness. Gunners looked good and even our kicking game looked solid. Punt blocking? The one guy on the field we need to account for and he goes untouched for a block. Major game changing play that should NEVER happen. I hate to say it but McBriar should of been able to adjust and pooch it.

                      We take the film and IMHO undeserved loss and build on it. Garrett needs to stop out-thinking himself and call a better game. Rob Ryan's scheme fits us well even when we are starting our 4th string corners.
                      Originally posted by D-Unit
                      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


                      Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

                      Comment


                      • After having a chance to sleep it off...Still a bad decision by Tony....but he should've never been in that position. Run the ball JG...run the ball.

                        Really worried about our CB's...I think we have something special here defensively if we can get them all on the field.

                        Oh and say it with me......3 times.

                        Sean Lee
                        Sean Lee
                        Sean Lee


                        When him and Bruce Carter are wreaking havoc on offenses next year it's going to be a beautiful thing!

                        Comment


                        • Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.

                          Also, even his nickel back snaps aside...anyone actually notice how much Barry Church actually played? A great deal of the time, we had him in at LB with Sean Lee. Bradie James snaps really took a hit last night, and I dont think he even had a tackle.

                          Saw Vic Butler play more end than LB it seemed, too. I wish we saw a little more of him, Spencer wasnt bad, though. I like the subs, at least...it's something different. No reason for this defense to get tired. All the DL played, Mccray got in there, even Albright got in there. I think all our defensive players played a real snap on the defense.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-12-2011, 07:41 AM.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            He really doesn't make wow plays. His WRs make wow plays.

                            He makes throws that most avg NFL QBs are capable of making. His decision making is not good.

                            There are worst QBs, but this guy is a joke in crunch situations. The INT highlighted his ridiculous carelessness, but the fumble was worse. All we needed was a FG.
                            Okay, I'm as pissed at Tony as anyone, but this is simply not true. Romo does make some amazing throws. He does things sometimes that nobody in the league does.

                            But there's no question this one is on him.

                            My hope is that he will use this like he did after the first game in 09 against the Giants. If you remember, he threw like 3 picks and lost that game. The rest of the season he went on to throw only like 6 INTs the rest of the season and had a great year.

                            Those calling for him to be benched, so you ready to completely give up on the season after one game? Good grief. It's one thing to be frustrated, which I am, but it's another to be irrational.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                            -Douglas MacArthur

                            Comment


                            • Romo's issue is not that he does not play the part of an excellent QB. It is that he is prone to making the most fundamentally, stupid mistakes at key moments which cost you 2/3/4 games per year. He also tends to make these horrid mistakes versus very good teams which is indicative of pressure getting to him.

                              Tony Romo is Mr Second Place. He is the baseball player from Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days. Runner up Mr Wisconsin BB. The dude who at your High School reunion is living in minor past glories from Senior Year but is obviously a failure at life.

                              Tony is not lucky that he has talent. He has that in spades. Tony is lucky Parcells thought he could manage the loser out of him. Parcells is long gone and so are Payton and Lee.

                              To borrow a funny phrase from a Quentin Tarrantino movie -- he is a mexican't, not a mexican.
                              Last edited by yanksknicks; 09-12-2011, 09:03 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Ok, I bit my tounge last night because I have been the biggest Romo hater on here for the past few years but he is our guy so I let stuff go when he makes bonehead mistakes.

                                I find it funny how he makes a mistake at the end of the game and all of a sudden it appears everyone is jumping off the Tony Romo bandwagon and calling for the guy's head. This loss isn't his fault despite how much you all want to blame him. Yes, he made a mistake that ended up leading to the final score of the game and yes he fumbled at the goalline but I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

                                I have been playing football for numerous years and every single coach I have played for talks about how if you get a punt blocked you lose the game about 80% of the time.... Let that sink in for a second.... Now realize that if you get a punt blocked AND they score a TD on the block you lose 92% of the time....If there is anyone to blame it is our Punt team and I don't even think it was the coordinators fault, I'm pretty sure our PP (I think it was Holley) called the wrong protection or whoever was at the RT spot blocked wrong as after watching the replay a few times everyone blocked down except for whoever that was.

                                The blame also falls on Garrett for passing the ball on the goalline, your up by a score, whether you get in or not you run the ball and try to get 3 points if nothing else. Romo did what all of you have loved about him, he tried to make a play when he had nothing to help him, he fumbled, that happens when you get hit from behind. We cut Marion Barber (OUR GOALLINE GUY) with the thought that Choice could do that......Why don't we give him the dang ball?

                                Our Defense played amazing especially if you consider the injuries to the secondary. We had the Jets looking like Chicken's with their heads cut off until we lost Jenkins and Scandrick and then we had to play conservative, that is when they started picking us apart, Marc Sanchez gets paid a lot of money because he can pick you apart if he has time.

                                I think we need to go out and find a Corner on the market especially if Scandrick is really going to miss 3-4 weeks, I like McCann as much as anyone but having McCann, Ball and Church as our 3 corners is asking for someone to beat us. I don't care if it is a practice squad guy from somewhere just for a couple weeks. We need someone.

                                On a happier note..... We were 2 of 2 in FGs so congratulations Dan Bailey you may have the job seeing as Buehler struggles with his kickoffs lately.


                                Just my 2 Cents, feel free to continue hopping off the Romo train because he had one bad game....I've been saying it for years, he is a great QB but he crumbles with the game on the line.

                                Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information