This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    Okay, I'm as pissed at Tony as anyone, but this is simply not true. Romo does make some amazing throws. He does things sometimes that nobody in the league does.

But there's no question this one is on him.

My hope is that he will use this like he did after the first game in 09 against the Giants. If you remember, he threw like 3 picks and lost that game. The rest of the season he went on to throw only like 6 INTs the rest of the season and had a great year.

Those calling for him to be benched, so you ready to completely give up on the season after one game? Good grief. It's one thing to be frustrated, which I am, but it's another to be irrational.
    I highly doubt we are even close in that game with Kitna at the helm much less Stephen McGee....

People want to blame someone and Romo is the easy target when we should be blaming whoever messed up on that blocking scheme that got the punt blocked.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• The strength of this offense, like it or not is the passing game. We have very good WRs, an All Pro TE and a Pro Bowl QB. Our track record with the short yardage game is pathetic at best. Garrett called a play that played to the strength of the team. The QB blew it. Period. And this isn't the first time. Nor will it be the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
        I haven't been this upset over a loss since the Seattle playoff loss. With Wade, you sort of expected this crap but....
        Well that loss was Parcells, not Wade.
        It happened with Wade, before Wade, and now after Wade.
        It's always Romo, amazingly. And I like the guy. But he keeps pulling playoff-Favre's late in big games.
        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Dez was equally as horrible after his run ended in the 1st quarter. His effort was ZERO. That's a fact. He played like a lazy WR.
        No doubt about that. If he was that injured, then he should have been pure decoy. Jets still stuck Revis on him, so you need to go to Austin and the TE and RB then, not Dez. Blame Dez, the coach, and Romo for still forcing it to the gimpy/lazy/tired Dez.
        Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
        And Witten for not running over Leonard but trying to tip toe in. Dear god. 260 versus 185.
        These are the small things that matter.
        Bingo. Not even "small thing", but somehow Witten didn't get hammered in the media for this, which IMO is far worse than Romo's attempt to score in which he was stripped. At least he laid it out on the line, risked a big shot. I lost respect for Witten there. You HAVE to score. HAVE to. I can remember a Packers playoff loss in 2003 at Philly when Ahman had a long run and should have scored, but Dawkins got him down the same way short of the goalline. Packers ended up getting stuffed on 4th & goal final play of first half, ended up losing the game and season in OT. You HAVE to get in on those types of plays.

Dallas will bounce back, unlike last year when they collapsed in Washington week 1 on NBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
          I highly doubt we are even close in that game with Kitna at the helm much less Stephen McGee....
          No doubt. 100% correct.

People want to blame someone and Romo is the easy target when we should be blaming whoever messed up on that blocking scheme that got the punt blocked.
          I agree that the punt block was the key play in the game.

I actually think the worst play Tony made was trying to score and fumbling. That took points off the board. That's a play you have to throw it away and go to the next play. That one hurt more than the INT, imo.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I just want to say after watching some of the replays from last night I believe as long as Dez can stay healthy we will win multiple superbowls. He's the closest thing to unstoppable as I've seen in the NFL, he's just better than everyone else on the field.

I get so disappointed when he goes down with an injury because I know he has the ability to take over a game by himself when healthy, like 200+ yards a game dominance, things we've never seen before on an NFL stage.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• When it's all said and done it's going to be funny thinking back to the reaction to this game. Dallas has a very good team that played a well coached game. JG and Rob did very well last night.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                I just want to say after watching some of the replays from last night I believe as long as Dez can stay healthy we will win multiple superbowls. He's the closest thing to unstoppable as I've seen in the NFL, he's just better than everyone else on the field.

I get so disappointed when he goes down with an injury because I know he has the ability to take over a game by himself when healthy, like 200+ yards a game dominance, things we've never seen before on an NFL stage.
                Dear god. How can you think this in a rational world?

A WR?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  If there is one thing that may become a bit of a problem with Tony...it may be the fact that he may start to tunnel into Dez too much. We saw some of this yesterday. It's tempting when you have someone that talented over there, but he's just got to remember he's got plenty of other options. You dont need to force feed it to him, especially if he's hobbling around out there.

That said, he still hit 8 different receivers...but I'm more talking about close games like this, down the stretch.

As for that pick...something also could be said for their overall chemsitry right now. (Dez/Romo) They havent had many of these situation together. This is actually only their 7th regular season game together because of Tony's injury. They obviously werent on the same page on that INT. I still wont discredit the throw, because it looked ugly...but Romo and Dez def. werent thinking the same thing there.

Against popular belief...the sky actually isnt falling. I'm more excited moving onto the next one. Funny I start to jump on the bangwagon a bit after this loss, but I was wary of some things and Dallas for one game at least, answered a few of those questions. (Namely the pass protection and rush defense) Not crowning either unit just yet, but they each did exactly what you want to see them do.

If we lose to the Niners...you guys can all jump off a bridge, if you so feel the need. But I think we should all be a little encouraged by a very young team's play, heading into a game against a lousy San Fran team.
                  Yeah, I don't think we can start to build any trends based off this game. This team typically seems to change week to week anyways.

I know you didn't think we'd beat the Jets, but expecting us to beat the 9ers isn't an automatic by any means. A win would be a good win.

Comment

• Well D, I'm all in against the Niners. If we lose to them, we have some problems. I dont expect a close game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                      After having a chance to sleep it off...Still a bad decision by Tony....but he should've never been in that position. Run the ball JG...run the ball.

Really worried about our CB's...I think we have something special here defensively if we can get them all on the field.

Oh and say it with me......3 times.

Sean Lee
                      Sean Lee
                      Sean Lee

When him and Bruce Carter are wreaking havoc on offenses next year it's going to be a beautiful thing!
                      Yes, JG is a stubborn muther who refuses to trust the run in the redzone.

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
                      Sean Lee!
                      Sean Lee!

Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Well D, I'm all in against the Niners. If we lose to them, we have some problems. I dont expect a close game.
                        Don't get me wrong. I expect to win, but I don't think it's right to talk about them as if they are a lousy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Don't get me wrong. I expect to win, but I don't think it's right to talk about them as if they are a lousy team.
                          If you say so...but they really dont look like they're going to be any good at all. They should be overmatched in this game, for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.

Also, even his nickel back snaps aside...anyone actually notice how much Barry Church actually played? A great deal of the time, we had him in at LB with Sean Lee. Bradie James snaps really took a hit last night, and I dont think he even had a tackle.

Saw Vic Butler play more end than LB it seemed, too. I wish we saw a little more of him, Spencer wasnt bad, though. I like the subs, at least...it's something different. No reason for this defense to get tired. All the DL played, Mccray got in there, even Albright got in there. I think all our defensive players played a real snap on the defense.
                            I was proud of our front 7 yesterday. ...and I didn't notice what you just pointed out about Bradie's snaps being low. I knew Brooking's snaps took a hit because of Lee. But didn't notice that about Bradie. Bradie was a beast in the preseason, so I thought Rob's defense was going to lead to him having a big year. This is an interesting development. If our front 7 continues to do this well without Bradie... hmm....

As for the subs, keeping people fresh, and putting our best players in position to succeed.... Rob is really proving to be a defensive guru. Ware blitzing from the middle was a thing of genius. Brilliant call. Loved seeing Sensy on a safety blitz. If we had strong, healthy corners I'm sure we would've seen some CB blitz packages too.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Yes, JG is a stubborn muther who refuses to trust the run in the redzone.

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
                              Sean Lee!
                              Sean Lee!

Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.
                              Don't go to sleep on Bruce Carter.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I think the fact that Lee is turning out well, they should get the benefit of the doubt on Carter. Let's see him play first.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information