This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Yeah, they said he got hurt on that 1st quarter punt return, and he battled cramps all game, that's why he was in and out so much. Got an IV and all that good stuff. He has a bruised thigh. He'll be fine, but the nagging injuries are incredibly disappointing for Dez right now. He is never at full health.
    They really need to limit his touches on anything but route running. I get that he's a physical freak, but his playing style and body just don't mesh well. He's gonna be injury prone his whole life if we keep having him return punts, or running him on reverses, and it sure doesn't help that he refuses to be tackled. I mean, you love that in a player, but not when it's gonna put his health constantly at risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      I think the fact that Lee is turning out well, they should get the benefit of the doubt on Carter. Let's see him play first.
      Lee definitely gets the game ball for yesterday. I admit I am faulting Carter for not being able to play right now.

Comment

Well, it's impossible to know at this point but I do think you're one comment about him being undersized is a bit misleading. This was a kid that was a QB/S prospect coming out of HS. He's still growing. I think it will be fairly easy for him to play around 240. He's less than 10lbs from Brooking's playing weight.

I also question your comment about his stats being unspectacular. What would you consider spectacular.

You mentioned the name Mayo; let's compare their college stats:

Mayo - In 36 games at Tennessee, Mayo started 24 contests. He recorded 236 tackles (137 solo) with six quarterback pressures, 6.5 sacks for minus-51 yards and 21 stops for losses of 82 yards. He recovered and caused a fumble, as he deflected three passes and intercepted another for a 34-yard touchdown return.

Carter - Carter started 44-of-49 games at strong-side outside linebacker for North Carolina...Recorded 215 tackles (145 solo) with 9.5 sacks (70 yards) and 24.0 tackles for loss (115 yards)...Caused and recovered a pair of fumbles...Deflected nine passes and gained 162 yards with two touchdowns on three interceptions...Blocked seven kicks (six punts, one field goal) and returned four blocked punts for a total of 31 yards (7.75 avg.)...Carter's seven total blocked kicks established a school career-record...His five blocked kicks in 2008 tied the Atlantic Coast Conference season-record...His three blocked punts vs. Connecticut in 2008 are one shy of the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision game-record of four...His two interception returns for touchdowns tied the school career-record.

Again, it remains to be seen if he amounts to anything and I agree that it would sure be nice if we had that 2nd round pick playing and contributing right now. But let's tap the breaks a bit.
        If those stats are true, then that is somewhat uplifting. But it goes against this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...e/bruce-carter

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          They really need to limit his touches on anything but route running. I get that he's a physical freak, but his playing style and body just don't mesh well. He's gonna be injury prone his whole life if we keep having him return punts, or running him on reverses, and it sure doesn't help that he refuses to be tackled. I mean, you love that in a player, but not when it's gonna put his health constantly at risk.
          Yeah, I'm starting to agree. We should limit his punt returns unless we are down and really need a miracle.

Dwayne Harris did ok with his chances at returning kicks. Maybe put him in at all punts and Demarco Murray on kickoffs.

Gotta admit, I got a little excited when we saw Miles Austin back there at the end of the game. But that was definitely not what I'd like to see too often.

Comment

• I LOVE that fact that some sportswriters are questioning the lack of penalties on the Jets while pointing out that Witten ran his route and was impeded hence not a 'pick'. We did our fair share to lose that game but having the cards stacked against you isn't right.
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              What makes you think he's good in coverage? Line him up at Safety?

The dude has 0 pass deflections in 4 years at UNC. Did he try to do that? I mean even a terrible player could get at least one. Why do I hear people talking about how good of a coverage guy he is? Because of his 3 INTs in his entire college career? Jeez I hope not. That's relatively a pedestrian number... definitely not something to gloat about. Most solo tackles he's had in a season? 49. What a big wowzers, eh?. How many forced fumbles did he have in 4 years? 1. Does that sound like a playmaker to you?

If you love him so much, give me a reason to join you.
              I think he's good in coverage because every scouting report on him I saw had that down as a strength of his, I'm no expert so I'll trust that until I get to see him play here. I do know that his speed and athleticism was something that stood out to me when I did see him play. He closes in a hurry and is awfully fluid moving in space. Butch Davis had said that Carter might be the best LB he's ever coached so that's something else that excites me. I'm not in love with him, but I'm confident that he'll bring more speed and athleticism to the defense, which is probably why Rob wanted him. He's not your typical 3-4 ILB but like I said in my previous post we are not your typical 3-4 defense. Lets wait and see how it pans out before anointing him as Jason Williams 2.0
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                I LOVE that fact that some sportswriters are questioning the lack of penalties on the Jets while pointing out that Witten ran his route and was impeded hence not a 'pick'. We did our fair share to lose that game but having the cards stacked against you isn't right.
                No kidding. You telling me that as physical as Reavis was all night, he didn't earn a flag or two?
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                  I think he's good in coverage because every scouting report on him I saw had that down as a strength of his, I'm no expert so I'll trust that until I get to see him play here. I do know that his speed and athleticism was something that stood out to me when I did see him play. He closes in a hurry and is awfully fluid moving in space. Butch Davis had said that Carter might be the best LB he's ever coached so that's something else that excites me. I'm not in love with him, but I'm confident that he'll bring more speed and athleticism to the defense, which is probably why Rob wanted him. He's not your typical 3-4 ILB but like I said in my previous post we are not your typical 3-4 defense. Lets wait and see how it pans out before anointing him as Jason Williams 2.0
                  I wonder how much of a say Rob actually had. Was it... "I want you guys to draft Bruce Carter for me." or was it.. Rob, do you like Carter? "HELL yeah, I'll take any defensive guy you get me and we'll kick some ass! ROAAAR"

Comment

No kidding. You telling me that as physical as Reavis was all night, he didn't earn a flag or two?
                    Not just Revis either. Cromartie was holding ALL GAME LONG. There were holds on the Jets OL that even Collinsworth pointed out should've been called against Ware.

This was a game that was gift wrapped by the NFL to the citizens of NYC.

Comment

• Maybe Tony threw that pick on purpose...NFL conspiracy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Maybe Tony threw that pick on purpose...NFL conspiracy.
                        Nah, the refs weren't involved in that one.

Comment

Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.
                          He's really starting to force us to take notice, huh.

Nice sack and FF off the blitz yesterday!

Comment

• Gotta hand it to Jenkins, played with a hyperextended knee and a sprained ac joint, sucks that he keeps getting banged up. But you gotta like that he kept coming back in there. And he played great, too. May be a while before the guy is actually 100%, but he's good to go against San Fran. Hopefully he'll keep playing well, he really didnt give up anything all night. Tight coverage and he stuck his nose in there for some solid tackles, despite the pain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Gotta hand it to Jenkins, played with a hyperextended knee and a sprained ac joint, sucks that he keeps getting banged up. But you gotta like that he kept coming back in there. And he played great, too. May be a while before the guy is actually 100%, but he's good to go against San Fran. Hopefully he'll keep playing well, he really didnt give up anything all night. Tight coverage and he stuck his nose in there for some solid tackles, despite the pain.
                              Yeah, he shut down Plax. Once NY saw McCann on Plax, they threw to him like there was no tomorrow. McCann had that nice deflection, but gave up the TD on the next play. :(

Nice to see Jenkins show toughness. As if that neck tackle he made wasn't sore enough, that block Plax made on him was brutal, but he came back in the game anyways and shut him down again.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Yes, JG is a stubborn muther who refuses to trust the run in the redzone.

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
                                Sean Lee!
                                Sean Lee!

Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.
                                He woulda been the only LB with the speed to stay with LT last night...LT killed us on 3rd downs. He hasn't stepped on the field yet...and yet you are already calling him a waste of our 2nd round pick? Please...just because it isn't the direction you wanted to go...doesn't mean you need to write off the pick before seeing any return on it. Makes you look childish.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information