X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    The BARE minimum needed for this team ...

Get rid of Julius Jones.
    Get rid of Bradie James
    Get rid of Marco Rivera
    Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Addition by subtraction. I'll keep TO and Roy Williams for now but those cast of clowns above really are horrid.
    Julius has value....Should be a mid 2nd-3rd rounder
    Bradie will be here like it or not.
    Marco Rivera is definately cuttable....curious to see his cap number to see if its worth it to keep him for his leadership.
    It will be interesting to watch the Zimmer situation develop. Parcells has never really came out against him...I'll personnally be surprised to see him leave but it would'nt be because I thought it was bad decision.
    Thule, if we are really smart we also find a place for Burnett before we lose him to FA.

Funny b/c when I saw the contracts for Bradie and Roy I almost puked earlier this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
      I want TO gone. I want Zimmer gone. I want the 3-4 gone. I want an O-Line. I want a running game. I want Teddy Ginn!

How much of this will really happen? Probably 75%..
      Well lucky for us...looks like Rice's bowl performance might let him declare. I don't care which one it is...but I really like the idea of Ginn/Rice/even Shark if Crayton leaves.
      I would waste a 1st rounder for Rice... as long as TO goes and we sign Adlius THomas

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Originally posted by thule
        The BARE minimum needed for this team ...

Get rid of Julius Jones.
        Get rid of Bradie James
        Get rid of Marco Rivera
        Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Addition by subtraction. I'll keep TO and Roy Williams for now but those cast of clowns above really are horrid.
        Julius has value....Should be a mid 2nd-3rd rounder
        Bradie will be here like it or not.
        Marco Rivera is definately cuttable....curious to see his cap number to see if its worth it to keep him for his leadership.
        It will be interesting to watch the Zimmer situation develop. Parcells has never really came out against him...I'll personnally be surprised to see him leave but it would'nt be because I thought it was bad decision.
        Thule, if we are really smart we also find a place for Burnett before we lose him to FA.

Funny b/c when I saw the contracts for Bradie and Roy I almost puked earlier this season.
        Bradie can stay. Teach him to long snap and play Special Teams. It is all he is worth athletically.

Comment

I have my official list of important changes. To all the 3-4 BP apologists I am sorry there is a major flaw in the 3-4 as configured.

1) New D Coordinator -- Zimmer is not a good coach. The Glenn TD was a perfect example. Williams on Glenn 1-on1? Players techniques and reads are horrid.
          2) Two new Guards -- sick of seeing Rivera and Kosier on the floor behind the LOS. Seems every running play is blown up over the guards.
          3) A new ILB with speed -- get rid of James. He sucks.
          4) Pass rushing classes for Canty and Spears and Hatcher.
          5) A new CB nd move Henry to FS.
          6) Get rid of Roy Williams. He really sucks.
          7) Get rid of TO -- let Austin play.
          8) Romeo Crennel if fired.
          You don't give players like Roy and James contract extentions to get rid of them. I don't understand what you don't get about that. They have brand new contracts....not even 6 months old. They will be hear next year regaurdless. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and you don't give players lots of money to move them because your fans don't like them. Lets think abou tit man.
          Thule -- both guys suck. What more do you need to see.

Has either Defensed a pass this season? Lemme answer maybe 2 each.

They both suck. Take the cap hit and move on.
          Let me add to how much Bradie sucks..... when is the last fumble he forced?

Let me add to how much Bradie sucks ... when is the last negative play behind the LOS?

Compromise, keep Roy. He has some redeeming qualities but Bradie James? Bradie James may be the worst ILB in the NFL.
          This is what you don't get. It' snot what we want. Personally I think Roy is a waste on this team if he isn't playing the box. But even if he plays all year in the cover 2...my opinion carries no weight....which is why you don't see me proposing situations to get rid of him. Because you don't give players contract extentions to get rid of them I don't care how slow they are....they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad you and whoever else wants them to go.
          Thule, sunk cost is sunk cost. If you can sign a 1 or 2 year guy for less than Roy's base salary or Bradie's base salary then you win.

Once again, Jerry Jones has shown what a horrid GM he is by signing flawed players to long deals for no reason whatsoever. Why?

Because he systematically over value the talent on this team. Particularly his draft choices and the guys he likes.

The talent on this team only proves to me two things: BP needs to adjust his LB philosophy next year and Jerry Jones should be barred from GMing. He is the George Steinbrenner of football.

Every time George gets involved in plays acquisition -- disaster. Same with Jerry. He is the worst GM in the NFL bar none.
          Take your GM arguement to the Lions or Redskins board. I think both GM's are considerably worse the Jerry.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree about the Roy and Bradie situation. Because our view of the salary cap is completely opposite.

Comment

• I'm so freaking pissed off right now, I can't even begin to articulate my anger and dissapointment. That was in all likelihood my last game to watch live at the stadium and they left me with that as a lasting memory. I think we just gave up and played like the game had no significance at all. If you didn't know any better you'd swear we were the team playing for the #1 draft pick. A performance like this two weeks in a row particularly this week against the worst team in the entire leauge just indicts our entire organization. I wouldn't be surprised or dissapointed if Jerry fired Parcells. I've been pretty supportive of Parcells generally speaking but we've choked and or collapsed at the end of the season three years in a row now and ultimately the blame has to fall on the head coach. Having said that though I don't know that there's anybody out there that would neccessarily be better. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I have my official list of important changes. To all the 3-4 BP apologists I am sorry there is a major flaw in the 3-4 as configured.

1) New D Coordinator -- Zimmer is not a good coach. The Glenn TD was a perfect example. Williams on Glenn 1-on1? Players techniques and reads are horrid.
              2) Two new Guards -- sick of seeing Rivera and Kosier on the floor behind the LOS. Seems every running play is blown up over the guards.
              You don't give players like Roy and James contract extentions to get rid of them. I don't understand what you don't get about that. They have brand new contracts....not even 6 months old. They will be hear next year regaurdless. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and you don't give players lots of money to move them because your fans don't like them. Lets think abou tit man.

Let me add to how much Bradie sucks ... when is the last negative play behind the LOS?

Compromise, keep Roy. He has some redeeming qualities but Bradie James? Bradie James may be the worst ILB in the NFL.
              This is what you don't get. It' snot what we want. Personally I think Roy is a waste on this team if he isn't playing the box. But even if he plays all year in the cover 2...my opinion carries no weight....which is why you don't see me proposing situations to get rid of him. Because you don't give players contract extentions to get rid of them I don't care how slow they are....they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad you and whoever else wants them to go.
              Thule, sunk cost is sunk cost. If you can sign a 1 or 2 year guy for less than Roy's base salary or Bradie's base salary then you win.

Once again, Jerry Jones has shown what a horrid GM he is by signing flawed players to long deals for no reason whatsoever. Why?

Because he systematically over value the talent on this team. Particularly his draft choices and the guys he likes.

The talent on this team only proves to me two things: BP needs to adjust his LB philosophy next year and Jerry Jones should be barred from GMing. He is the George Steinbrenner of football.

Every time George gets involved in plays acquisition -- disaster. Same with Jerry. He is the worst GM in the NFL bar none.
              Take your GM arguement to the Lions or Redskins board. I think both GM's are considerably worse the Jerry.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree about the Roy and Bradie situation. Because our view of the salary cap is completely opposite.
              Hmmm, ok Snyder and Millen are just as bad. At least Millen drafted Sims, Rogers and Williams. Pro Bowl caliber. We don't even have that.

I know how the cap works. The key to making it work is signing a guy for the duration fo the contract at equal or lower value than the base salary you just dumped. Usually a Sam Madison type -- older and experience with a few years left on the wheels.

Not only that if you agree to take the hit for at least the bonus piece -- some teams may find value in Roy. This where the cap messes up lots of teams -- in figuring out how to amortize the bonus against the cap

Comment

• Disappointing is an understatement I guess. I would have never imagined this outcome for this game, but it's happened. I have to think a little more rationally before I make my case for changes.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                  I'm so freaking pissed off right now, I can't even begin to articulate my anger and dissapointment. That was in all likelihood my last game to watch live at the stadium and they left me with that as a lasting memory. I think we just gave up and played like the game had no significance at all. If you didn't know any better you'd swear we were the team playing for the #1 draft pick. A performance like this two weeks in a row particularly this week against the worst team in the entire leauge just indicts our entire organization. I wouldn't be surprised or dissapointed if Jerry fired Parcells. I've been pretty supportive of Parcells generally speaking but we've choked and or collapsed at the end of the season three years in a row now and ultimately the blame has to fall on the head coach. Having said that though I don't know that there's anybody out there that would neccessarily be better. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
                  Well, Jerry Jones is horrid. His only defense is he owns the team. Just review his past 13 years of drafts. Review his trades.

No one has a worst record of achievement than Jerry Jones on this team No one. He should be the FIRST FIRED.

With that said, two years collapsing in December speaks poorly of the players, Bill and his coaches.

Comment

Hmmm, ok Snyder and Millen are just as bad. At least Millen drafted Sims, Rogers and Williams. Pro Bowl caliber. We don't even have that.

I know how the cap works. The key to making it work is signing a guy for the duration fo the contract at equal or lower value than the base salary you just dumped. Usually a Sam Madison type -- older and experience with a few years left on the wheels.

Not only that if you agree to take the hit for at least the bonus piece -- some teams may find value in Roy. This where the cap messes up lots of teams -- in figuring out how to amortize the bonus against the cap
                    Its alot easier to find pro bowl talent when your selecting in the top 10 :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                      I want TO gone. I want Zimmer gone. I want the 3-4 gone. I want an O-Line. I want a running game. I want Teddy Ginn!

How much of this will really happen? Probably 75%..
                      Well lucky for us...looks like Rice's bowl performance might let him declare. I don't care which one it is...but I really like the idea of Ginn/Rice/even Shark if Crayton leaves.
                      Yes I would love Ginn or Rice. Ginn would be my top choice for sure but Rice would be great also. I don't see anyway though that we let Crayton go.

My main thing is I just hope we switch back to the 4-3. Ware and Ellis at the DE spots would put this defense right back in the top ten, no doubt in my mind. I don't even think the Cowboys have to add a secondary player.
                      "Red Ball"

Comment

• I thought it was a good idea at the time but now I think changing to the 3-4 was stupid as we don't have the players to run if effectively. Our ILBs are extremely slow and can't cover anyone. The DEs suck and can't pass rush or stop the run effectively or consistently. I'm starting to question the wisdom of locking up Bradie and Roy with huge contracts. I'm starting to think drafting a CB wouldn't be such a bad idea we can't cover anyone except Newman.

Comment

• 2007 Draft selection

I have figured that we are either 21-22-23-24.....can anybody be more specifie or if you have a link?

Comment

• Oh god CowboysForever is at it agian. Just leave it man, Bradie and Roy are staying, get rid of this obsession of yours. Jesus its really getting old.

Comment

• Re: 2007 Draft selection

Originally posted by chrlopez1
                              I have figured that we are either 21-22-23-24.....can anybody be more specifie or if you have a link?
                              That's in the Blalock range I think.

Comment

• I would love for us to draft Justin Blalock as Kosier and Rivera are extremely average at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information