X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
    Have a spare WR? Ours went on IR as of today.. : (

We are taking on water faster than the Titanic!
    That's too bad. Don't like seeing guys get injured. You have to think that all these injuries are a result of very little off season work and the rushed nature of camp.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Anyone see this article about Spears? I didn't even notice that he wasn't starting anymore.

Defensive end Marcus Spears said he has accepted the idea that hes not a starter.

ǣIve been a starter for six years in the league. This year Im not, he said.

The Cowboys re-signed the veteran free agent in July to a five-year contract, expecting that he could help fill the void created when Stephen Bowen left in free agency. But a strained groin on the last day of training camp slowed Spears, and Jason Hatcher started in his place in the season opener.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said Friday that Hatcher has earned the starting spot.

ǣYouve just got to step up in your role, Spears said. ǣI have a different role now. ... When my number is called, youve got to go in the game and try to contribute and do what you can do. Hes the coach. Jasons the coach. They make those types of decisions. All you can do is go out and know your role and be in it.

-- Carlos Mendez

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1Yc0IXVjC
      Cowboys Mock:
      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        Have a spare WR? Ours went on IR as of today.. : (

We are taking on water faster than the Titanic!
        Not at all. Even Dez is "iffy" for Monday night.

Means Ogletree and Holley would be starting. :/ And that may even be with Kitna at QB. We're starting our JV squad on Monday night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          That's too bad. Don't like seeing guys get injured. You have to think that all these injuries are a result of very little off season work and the rushed nature of camp.
          Yeah I think so. ACL injuries seem to be a lot this year. I am actually wondering how many guys sat on their butts and didn't workout as hard as they probably should have. The rest I blame on the turf monster, with 5 % blame goes to the fans who sold their souls for the superbowl win.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Not at all. Even Dez is "iffy" for Monday night.

Means Ogletree and Holley would be starting. :/ And that may even be with Kitna at QB. We're starting our JV squad on Monday night.
            We have that on defense! At least Tuck came back though and played. We have basically no CB depth, and Osi is probably going to milk his injury until he gets paid. So I don't count on him coming back soon, unless we pay him, then watch him come back ASAP. And Prince should be coming back soon, so that's the one good thing. I want to see how good he can be without mini camp or OTAs OR training camp, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
              Anyone see this article about Spears? I didn't even notice that he wasn't starting anymore.
              I noticed him not doing anything...

Looking like more dead money in the pot if we cut him after the season. It was a stupid signing yesterday, today and tomorrow. *shakes head in disgust* When will Jerry ever learn?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I noticed him not doing anything...

Looking like more dead money in the pot if we cut him after the season. It was a stupid signing yesterday, today and tomorrow. *shakes head in disgust* When will Jerry ever learn?
                Who says we're going to cut him. We still need bodies for the rotation; just because he doesn't start doesn't mean he's worthless. And don't forget, Hatcher has had problems in the past staying healthy. Spears will play a role before this thing is over.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Who says we're going to cut him. We still need bodies for the rotation; just because he doesn't start doesn't mean he's worthless. And don't forget, Hatcher has had problems in the past staying healthy. Spears will play a role before this thing is over.
                  Ehhh... just my wishful thinking. He gets paid like a starter, but doesn't start. That makes him overpaid. Overpaid players are often the ones who get cut. There's my logic.

Comment

• I'm glad we saved that extra $2M from Aso and gave it to Newman and Spears instead!

:(

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      I'm glad we saved that extra $2M from Aso and gave it to Newman and Spears instead!

:(
                      Par for the course at Valley Ranch.

Comment

• Hahaha, you cannot look at things in hindsight like that...especially in considering the circumstances around ASO. Jerry thought he had him signed...stop it...Newman wouldn't be here if ASO had a star on his helmet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                          Hahaha, you cannot look at things in hindsight like that...especially in considering the circumstances around ASO. Jerry thought he had him signed...stop it...Newman wouldn't be here if ASO had a star on his helmet.
                          In the Aso situation, we can. We went as far as we could and offered 10million, which then Philadelphia countered with 12. Jerry didn't want to match 12 million. But we kept Newman for 8M/..

Comment

• Can't wait for the game on Monday, I think it would be nice to reignite this rivalry which has gotten better over the past couple of years.

Really looking forward to see Kerrigan vs Tyron Smith. Kerrigan has been great so far and by all accounts so has Smith, should be a good one.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                              Hahaha, you cannot look at things in hindsight like that...especially in considering the circumstances around ASO. Jerry thought he had him signed...stop it...Newman wouldn't be here if ASO had a star on his helmet.
                              It's still a pretty royal screw up IMO. Aso is still covering at an elite level, and by the way our front 7 is playing 1 guy like him would have done wonders. Look at how much cap space we have cleared up right now, you'd have liked to think we would be 500k under or something.

He already admitted Aso wasn't in our original plans which I never understood. He wanted to come here, and the 5 million dollars in difference between him and Newman was well worth it. I wouldn't of cared if Newman stayed after that or not, most likely he was gone but having 1 corner take away a side of the field for Rob Ryan would have been incredible.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                                Can't wait for the game on Monday, I think it would be nice to reignite this rivalry which has gotten better over the past couple of years.

Really looking forward to see Kerrigan vs Tyron Smith. Kerrigan has been great so far and by all accounts so has Smith, should be a good one.
                                I talked about Kerrigan a few pages ago, he's a monster and a great counter to Orakpo. Looking forward to that match-up also.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information