This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    In the Aso situation, we can. We went as far as we could and offered 10million, which then Philadelphia countered with 12. Jerry didn't want to match 12 million. But we kept Newman for 8M/..
    ... Widely reported that Dallas outbid Philly and that he chose to play for less with them. Tired of the Aso complaints to be quite honest. Dallas made a HARD play at him and did everything they could to lure him. When he turned us down and went elsewhere you guys complain that we signed other people. Should be of just whimpered in the corner and refused to sign anyone because Aso wouldn't come to Dallas?

-_- The situation was the exact opposite of Neon Deion back on the day. We signed him for a astronomical number but Deion admitted later it wasn't his highest offer. He picked us. Aso picked the Sheagles despite us offering more. Should we of ejected Newman even though we couldn't sign Aso? Makes no sense.
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• You guys were right about Stephen Bowen. I went back and watched him closely for the past 2 Redskin games and the guy is a beast in the making.

Really dropped the ball on letting him go. He's going to be a very good player. Was he worth 20 million? Debatable. But he's a good player.

The guy is strong. He has a nasty bullrush. The Skins have a very solid front 7 now. They're really only a qb, wr, and cb away from being a complete team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
        ... Widely reported that Dallas outbid Philly and that he chose to play for less with them. Tired of the Aso complaints to be quite honest. Dallas made a HARD play at him and did everything they could to lure him. When he turned us down and went elsewhere you guys complain that we signed other people. Should be of just whimpered in the corner and refused to sign anyone because Aso wouldn't come to Dallas?

-_- The situation was the exact opposite of Neon Deion back on the day. We signed him for a astronomical number but Deion admitted later it wasn't his highest offer. He picked us. Aso picked the Sheagles despite us offering more. Should we of ejected Newman even though we couldn't sign Aso? Makes no sense.
        Yep. This is all I'm saying. Could Jerry have made a bigger push? Obviously....but he was under the assumption that they already had a deal in place. Stop this. We all know T.New isn't the healthiest cowboy at the Ranch, but you guys are just crying over spoiled milk. They tried to address what we knew to be an issue in FA, and ultimately failed.

Obviously the draft is a different subject...you'll have no qualms from me taking them to task for not targeting CB harder in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post

Everybody wants to play with the Dog Killer. People still thinks he is a SB type QB. Not me.

Great athlete but he has not refined his craft much. Great arm but wild. He always hits a speed bump and to expect him to play 3-4 great games versus great teams is still too much for Dog Killer. Kind of the same problem Romo has. Can he give you 3-4 amazing games in a row versus quality teams???? Not just 1 or 2.

But, black football players (in particular) love Michael Vick. He was a total draw for Philly this off-season and is viewed by some as a hero with some serious credibility. Good for him and good for Philly.

I will always loathe him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            You guys were right about Stephen Bowen. I went back and watched him closely for the past 2 Redskin games and the guy is a beast in the making.

Really dropped the ball on letting him go. He's going to be a very good player. Was he worth 20 million? Debatable. But he's a good player.

The guy is strong. He has a nasty bullrush. The Skins have a very solid front 7 now. They're really only a qb, wr, and cb away from being a complete team.
            Maybe so, but I can't complain with the play of our DL so far. Hatcher has taken his game to a new level. Had the best game of his career against San Fran. ...and Kenyon Coleman is a Rob Ryan guy. Has been solid so far. His play has been noticeable against the run.

I'm mostly pissed that we didn't attack FA better for interior OL help and DB help. The Spears extension bothered me 100%. The amount on Scandrick's extension bothered me too, but at least he has real upside.

Comment

• Yeah, luckily our DL looks good. But LL and I have been pimping Bowen for a while. His bullrush is damn near unstoppable, the guy is a load, but he's also a very good athlete. He's got tons of potential. I was looking forward to him starting a full season for us. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Dockery looks to be out with a sprained MCL.

Comment

• Here's the thing though: I heard reports from Sal Pal on the radio that the Eagles desperately wanted Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator and threw alot of money at him, but Ryan had a handshake agreement with Jerry Jones and thus went instead to the Cowboys. Juan Castillo, Philly's offensive line coach, was their "panic move", so to speak, after they realized they couldn't outbid Dallas for Ryan.

So maybe the Eagles stole Asomugha, but the Cowboys stole Ryan away.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
                    Here's the thing though: I heard reports from Sal Pal on the radio that the Eagles desperately wanted Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator and threw alot of money at him, but Ryan had a handshake agreement with Jerry Jones and thus went instead to the Cowboys. Juan Castillo, Philly's offensive line coach, was their "panic move", so to speak, after they realized they couldn't outbid Dallas for Ryan.

So maybe the Eagles stole Asomugha, but the Cowboys stole Ryan away.
                    Hmm interesting. Never heard that. I'd rather have Ryan than Aso.

But Jerry still should've had a back up plan to missing out on Aso.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                      Dockery looks to be out with a sprained MCL.
                      Good grief. Might as well cut him.

So who's gonna play? Arkin?

Comment

• robphillips3: Dockery Has Fractured Tibia, Sprained Knee: IRVING, Texas -- Add Derrick Dockery to the Cowboys' growing injury ... http://t.co/2O8j6h1C

Comment

• Some good news though. Scandrick looks like he might be ready to play next week against the Lions.

It's imperative we split here before the bye...3-1 would be a thing of beauty! I hated the early bye when I first saw the schedule, but at this point in time I don't think the boys could field enough players to play if they had a later bye.

Comment

Some good news though. Scandrick looks like he might be ready to play next week against the Lions.

It's imperative we split here before the bye...3-1 would be a thing of beauty! I hated the early bye when I first saw the schedule, but at this point in time I don't think the boys could field enough players to play if they had a later bye.
                            If we split before the bye aren't we 2-2?

Comment

• Hey now, I was the first person to pimp Bowen way back in 2009. Okay I wasn't pimping him, but I thought he was good enough to not get pissed at passing up ends in the draft.Where's mah e-cookie?
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

robphillips3: Dockery Has Fractured Tibia, Sprained Knee: IRVING, Texas -- Add Derrick Dockery to the Cowboys' growing injury ... http://t.co/2O8j6h1C
                                I shouldnt be surprised with all the other injuries. But I mean, seriously? I'm not saying anything that you all dont already know...but we're in some freaking trouble here. It's hard to be optimisitic when your whole team is injured.

It doesnt even sound the greatest for having Dez this week. sigh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information