This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally some good news!

@AdamSchefter: WR Dez Bryant and RB Felix Jones are back practicing today for the Cowboys. QB Tony Romo is not.

Comment

• Romo, Dez, and Felix are all one good shot away from missing a lot more time with those current injuries. At least Tony gets to wear a kevlar vest. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Hahaha look how bad it's gotten.

IRVING, Texas -- Akwasi Owusu-Ansah could be making a position switch from safety to wide receiver.

Owusu-Ansah was wearing No. 11 at Friday’s practice and went through the pat-and-go session with the offense catching passes. With injuries to Dez Bryant and Miles Austin as well as practice squadder Teddy Williams (ankle), the coaches could be looking at Owusu-Ansah as a temporary fix to get through practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
          Kowalski looks fine to me. LG is easily the worst position on the line whether it's Nagy or Dockery so I'm not sure makes a difference. Romo looks almost 100% to play.

Quote from BSPN (ESPN):

Felix has already stated he will be playing. Same with Newman. So not really our JV... our major question mark going in is Dez. Keep in mind we are playing the Redskins defense and not the Lions this week. I think Romo + Tree/Holley/Harris is workable this week.
          Yeah, I've been saying this... but I like Kowalski better than Costa. Granted, it's been a small sample size, but so far, he's looked better imo.

If Nagy is starting, then Romo better fear for his life.

Comment

• Jason Garrett's games with the media are a refreshing change from Wade. Everyone is questionable and pessimistic talk all week and come Thursday everyone is practicing and Romo's lung has completely healed.

Sky isn't falling and I still LOVE our match-ups on the outside of both lines (Free/Smith and Ware/Spencer(Butler)).
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
              Jason Garrett's games with the media are a refreshing change from Wade. Everyone is questionable and pessimistic talk all week and come Thursday everyone is practicing and Romo's lung has completely healed.
              Now just imagine how effective it'd be if Jerry didn't run behind him and unravel everything Garrett says(or doesn't say)

Comment

• The way the season is shaping up for the Giants and Cowboys, I almost feel like Philly can sleep walk through the division and still win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  The way the season is shaping up for the Giants and Cowboys, I almost feel like Philly can sleep walk through the division and still win it.
                  I don't feel this way. I am certainly bias, but I think Garrett will prove to be the best coach in the NFC East. I also do not think Vick will finish this season. I think the Eagles are incredibly weak up the middle - interior OL, LBer & S. I do think the Giants are in trouble because of injuries and Eli. Wash is a very solid team, but still has Grossman as the QB.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• The patriots center is out for the season. Didn't Gurode go to the pats?

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                      The patriots center is out for the season. Didn't Gurode go to the pats?
                      Went to the Ravens who are using him as a backup C and G.
                      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Comment

• We only sign OL when they are over-hyped and over priced. A 32 year old Vet who can still play, and cheap, need not apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                          We only sign OL when they are over-hyped and over priced. A 32 year old Vet who can still play, and cheap, need not apply.
                          ... Really? We've been down this same road multiple times: Montrae Holland and Marco Rivera say hi. While you can rightfully be angry about our ability to scout, draft, and sign lineman (until this year) you can't fault them for throwing money at the problem.

The curve for playing ability of offensive lineman looks more like a cliff after they hit 30. Exceptions are certainly there but if you are telling me the Chiefs left him walk when he was a capable player I have a bridge to sell you good sir.

Comment

• Dez was dressed out for practice but didn't participate, he worked out on the side with trainers. Garrett says "He was certainly limited" in his press conference.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...eturn-practice

I still believe that it was a dumb move by the coaching staff to keep him in the Jets game and it only made his injury worse.
                            Last edited by TheFinisher; 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM.
                            Cowboys Mock:
                            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                              We only sign OL when they are over-hyped and over priced. A 32 year old Vet who can still play, and cheap, need not apply.
                              Seems like you're talking about Kosier, Colombo and Davis...

no wait... they came cheap and their hype was terrible. Who exactly are you talking about?

Comment

• Hahaha, he's just typing to type I think....Especially since they JUST signed the very player he described...Derrick Dockery.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information