This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul
    Oh god CowboysForever is at it agian. Just leave it man, Bradie and Roy are staying, get rid of this obsession of yours. Jesus its really getting old.
    QFT

****, man.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• This is the sort of day that makes it hard to be a fan. I have never felt more helpless or lost than I have over the last 4 weeks, watching a previously dominant defense turn into a turnstile. Absolutely, unbelievably, and totally heart-rending.

There's not much to take heart in, and it's easy to point the finger and say "this must go, that must go, he sucks, they need to do this"...but the plain fact here is that we aren't qualified to make that kind of declaration, because we don't know enough of the specifics. All we can really say for sure is that something has to change, or we will never stand a chance to compete. That is the truth, as BP would say.

The problem I have with jack-asses coming on here and starting to put people's heads on the chopping block is that they don't hold any accountablility for their ideas.

Say we did get rid of all those people, and then their replacements sucked, and they went elsewhere and started playing at a Pro Bowl level somewhere else, the person who was advocating such a measure would not be here on the board saying "I'm an idiot, don't ever listen to me again, I was so off on the last one that I shouldn't ever be able to give commentary on this type of thing again". No, they would just move on to the next knee-jerk reaction and stupid rush-to-judgement commentary.

Bradie, Roy, Julius, Spears, Canty, Ayodele, Rivera, Kosier, and others all played at a very high level at some point or another during this season. The thing that needs to be determined is what were the prevailing factors in the times when they performed well, and what were they in the times when they performed badly. Next, it needs to be determined if there is a course of action that can be take to assure that they will be put in a favorable enough position to where they can perform at that high of a level on a consistent basis. Only then can it be determined whether or not one or all of them should be gotten rid of.

I know the easy route here is to call for a house-cleaning, to blow the whole thing up and start over, or to axe the people that played the most prominent role in us fallinga apart like this, but that is not the answer. Remember my analogy from the other day, about the 2004 Seattle Seahawks. This is exactly how they looked that year. Unimpressive, uninspired, and ultimately lacking what was needed to compete at a high level. The next year, they come out like gang-busters and dominate the conference. Please, try to be reasonable. And above all, don't p!ss people off by spewing all over the board.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• If we can't beat the Lions we're gonna get crushed by the Seahawks, I'm predicting 68-24. I hope they can prove me wrong though.

The only good thing I can take from today is that the Mavs won in Denver and improved to 24-7. The Mavs are the only team in Dallas that has a chance to win a championship in the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
          If we can't beat the Lions we're gonna get crushed by the Seahawks, I'm predicting 68-24. I hope they can prove me wrong though.

The only good thing I can take from today is that the Mavs won in Denver and improved to 24-7. The Mavs are the only team in Dallas that has a chance to win a championship in the next few years.
          Aren't the Stars NHL power house? I could be wrong, I haven't watched a full Stars game since the Stanley Cup days.

Did ya'll see Parcells after game conference. I'd swear someone in his family just died, he was tottally out of it. He doesn't seem to have the energy he used to have.

Comment

• What a game! Another disappointment. Cowboys collapse in December once again. We all know the problems of the team, it's the same stuff every week so there's no point for me to rant about that. I don't like this team's chances against Seattle at all. Holmgren is a great offensive mind, he is going to take it to the defense just like Payton, Reid, and Marinelli/Martz took it to Dallas. Parcells hasn't gotten this team ready for a big game in like a month so I don't think he'll do anything this week either.

On a good note, DeMarcus Ware with 3 sacks today, putting him at 11.5 for the season. First Cowboy in 10 years to get 10+ sacks so props to him. The only problem with Ware right now is that he is just relying on his athleticism to get to the QB now. He definitely needs to work on his pass rushing moves but he's still young and there's no doubt that he'll get it soon as he gets older.

Comment

• My RANTS///////

IF anyone is going to leave its going to be Zimmer.

I honestly don't think that Parcells is going to win a Superbowl.

WE need a coach with more energy and enthusiam instead of the SHOWME speech.

Terrell Owens will STAY

Our PLay calling is too conservative

Julius Jones needs to go to a vision doctor. The guy is one hit down.

Bradie James is staying. He played with a passion and had some great stops.

Akin Ayodele is REALLY SOLID

Demarcus Ware reached a NEW LEVEL

Roy Williams has lost his confidence

Zimmer is stupid

Miles Austin + Tyson Thomson = Best KR duo

Jason Ferguson is our unsung HERO

Putting a 5-9 CB against a 6-2 WR in the RedZONE is not GENIUS

Bobby Carpenter is NOT a bust

Hatcher is performing very WELL. He is going to be really good.

Spears was very quiet.

Zimmer can't COACH 3-4

Canty stepped up.

Crayton is MORE physical than I thought.

We can't blitz

Our O-Line cant get a decent push.

Romo takes too much on HIS shoulders.

Watkins has POTENTIAL.

I want to see more of PARRISH

WE have no SWAGGER

WE need new Coordinators.

If Parcells doesn't PERFORM in the Playoffs, He is out.

WE GRAVELY NEED IT

Comment

• A lot of us are in agreement about these things.

-Zimmer out.
                -We need the TOP advantage to win games.
                -T.O. is gone.
                -Coverage and matchups are getting mixed up (Example: Newman on Roy Williams, Henry on Mike Furrey, Aaron Glenn in goal line situation against Roy Williams).
                -Julius Jones is trade bait.

Comment

• Dang, the past 4 pages are depressing here, guys.

I didn't get the chance to watch the game (nor have I seen highlights yet,) but just reading through cowboysforever's bs for several pages has me wanting to just avoid the site through the Playoffs. :P

Bradie James and the ILBs aren't fast, but everything I've read here talks about how the ILB's are responsible for stopping the Run and don't necessarily require great speed.

Roy may indeed be a liability in coverage, but since we worked past that his first season+ when we actually had Woody (as in Woodson, not Dantzler) back there with him I'm still going to have hope that we can find the complimentary player to reach that point again. It may never happen while he's still in his prime, but such is the NFL is it not?

I just can't believe we went from 6-5 to 9-5 on such a great tear just to drop 2 in a row, and look so pathetic.

Comment

• 4-5 Game with Seahawks, if we win then we go to Chicago to play the Bears.

Comment

• Well since everyone else is ranting:

When the Furrey become Jerry Rice. That kid was killing us.

Watkins did make a great play on that interception, but he had 2 other cowboys around him, and it was bad choice by Kitna.

Romo held the ball to long, either that or the receivers didn't get open.

I have to disagree with DMW but I don't remember Rivera ever having a good game this season.

Zimmer....blah.

How the hell do we blitz and no one gets through for pressure?!?

I want T.O. gone, I don't care if he gets 5 tds on Sat.

Ware, Hatcher, Fergie and yes even Coleman are studs.

Watkins deserves another year to prove himself. But still bring in competition.

I want Blalock, Bowe, and Man Rameriez.

Comment

• Becoming the 5th Seed, may be a blessing in desguise.

Comment

• This board was the best place to talk about the Cowboys since a couple of weeks ago.. Now every pages there are 5-6 post of cowboysforever" saying eveytime the same borig things..
                          It's not Braide James that sucks, right now is this board that sucks...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• He needs to stop playing Madden.

Comment

• Do we have any more or any less then the normal 7 Picks this draft? Did we trade any away, or did we get any through trades. Anything?

Comment

• ya know i thought TO had a small chance of coming back, but when TO dropped that first slant pass and the crowd booed him, there's no way. he needs attention and affection and he's not getting it in big d. he even made a great one handed catch on a short crossing pattern, and not even a cheer. it's like randy galloway is in the stands everywhere. disappointing, because i think he helped the offense a lot. 2 1000 yd wrs and a 1000 yd rb.

with more time in the 3-4, maybe a better coach hopefully they get better and cut down on the mistakes and allow for more exotic things. nice to see carpenter playing well. just needs to get stronger in the offseason. imagine carpenter playing great, and having ellis in for a pass rush. then they draft a FS. this defense could really become dominant as it was hoped. then get another G for rivera, and suddenly the run game works. magic

next week's game should be fun. seahawks missing their cbs, dallas having no pass defense. a nice high scoring playoff game. dallas def seems to have had good success stopping alexander. i think roy williams can intimidate stevens. but the trio of wrs worries me. they're all fast guys and anthony henry will get torched.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information