This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Wellllllllll... he can make plays by making people miss in open space... but he doesn't make plays as far as breaking tackles for a big play or going for the extra effort that turns a short gain into a big gains... he needs an OL to open up for him or he's like every other avg back.
    He got into a groove last week, maybe his shoulder felt better. At one point you brought up how he was getting brought down by 1st contact and arm tackles everytime, and then the announcers brought it up. Just running right into the hole without any vision.

Then his whole attitude changed and he looked like a different RB for a span. That's always been my frustration with Felix. That game epitomized how you can see two different players at different times, which is why this year consistency is so important.

Whether or not everything is his fault for not producing is not my concern after 4 years. The great RB's don't need everything to be perfect for them to succeed. Let's see how Felix handles 2011. Last week was a big start for winning me over, running hard and explosive, and still topping 100 yards on only 14 carries with a bum shoulder.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I think I may start Laurent Robinson in fantasy this week. lol.

These Dez updates are pretty damn frightening.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Wellllllllll... he can make plays by making people miss in open space... but he doesn't make plays as far as breaking tackles for a big play or going for the extra effort that turns a short gain into a big gains... he needs an OL to open up for him or he's like every other avg back.
        He's an open space runner though. I don't think he's the type that's going to be a big tackle breaker, nor does he really need to be. He's a guy that needs some space to operate, and when he does that he's dangerous. I think he has been running a bit too tentatively this season so far, but it doesn't really help that the line is playing horribly. You can run well if your line is sucking, and I can't fault Felix for that when he has no room to hit the hole.

Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        This is on various boards. Not sure if you guys saw this. Mind you this is for people with a sense of humor.

This is funny!

I literally lol'd.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Remind Ogletree what a slant route is and draw it on your hand, had me busting up. That's some funny stuff! lol.

Comment

• That gif is actually pretty accurate though lol. Thinking about Ogletree, Martellus, or Choice touching the ball makes me want to rage. I can deal with injuries, what I can't get over is why our team will CONTINUALLY put someone out on the field who is a liability.

Holley got in 1 series vs the Niners and caught 2 1st downs to him, then a huge play in OT. Ogletree did everything he could to lose the game last week, among now knowing plays, to dropping TD's, to fumbling, to causing INT's, to running bad and wrong routes, but he's our starter though.

Yep. Makes perfect sense right?

This kinda stuff makes me think Jerry is still making starter decisions. It's not like we drafted Ogletree. He was a UDFA too, just like Holley. So frustrating. But yea, let's keep starting him and throwing fades to Marty B in the end zone. It's obviously a recipe for winning the game.

Comment

• It's the Romo-Witten show with reoccuring guest stars for the week: Austin, Dez, and others. But every time Romo drops back, I figure it's going to Witten. LOL. I am surprised when it doesn't though. Not a knock on Austin and Dez's talent, but more so that Romo and Witten have a good connection, and best friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                It's the Romo-Witten show with reoccuring guest stars for the week: Austin, Dez, and others. But every time Romo drops back, I figure it's going to Witten. LOL. I am surprised when it doesn't though. Not a knock on Austin and Dez's talent, but more so that Romo and Witten have a good connection, and best friends.
                That's not really true, though. Now on 3rd downs you have an argument...but in Romo's last full season (2009), he did a fantastic job of spreading the ball around. He always does a fine job of that, really. 2009, Witten had 94 receptions, 81 for Miles, and then Crayton and Roy both had about 40 grabs. Witten and Miles actually tied for targets that year, too.

Witten just has such a high reception rate.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Sooo...The lions are starting Barbie Carpenter. I'm sure we're all familiar with his body of work. I hope Garrett decides to run the ball, especially with Dez still iffy. I think we can do some real work running the ball, keeping the Lions offense off the field, they're allowing RB's like 5 ypc. Combine that with the defense playing well and I think we win another close game. At least I hope....Garrett lives and dies by the quick strike....7 play drive. He needs to be patient, run the ball and throw quick routes out there...Long 10-15 play drives that eat up the clock. With the injuries we don't have the ability to go deep too much
                  Last edited by FreshBoy!; 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                    Sooo...The lions are starting Barbie Carpenter. I'm sure we're all familiar with his body of work. I hope Garrett decides to run the ball, especially with Dez still iffy. I think we can do some real work running the ball, keeping the Lions offense off the field, they're allowing RB's like 5 ypc. Combine that with the defense playing well and I think we win another close game. At least I hope....Garrett lives and dies by the quick strike....7 play drive. He needs to be patient, run the ball and throw quick routes out there...Long 10-15 play drives that eat up the clock. With the injuries we don't have the ability to go deep too much
                    I agree! Their DL is over rated. I remember talking it up on their board on scout.com. They thought they had the best DL in the league. To be the best you need to be able to get sacks, and pressure the QB, AND..AND stop the run. Their fan base seems to forget that last bit because their DL stinks at stopping the run. They did last year and surprise, surprise, they stink this year.

Comment

I agree! Their DL is over rated. I remember talking it up on their board on scout.com. They thought they had the best DL in the league. To be the best you need to be able to get sacks, and pressure the QB, AND..AND stop the run. Their fan base seems to forget that last bit because their DL stinks at stopping the run. They did last year and surprise, surprise, they stink this year.
                      If you think Detroit's O-line is overrated I don't even know what to tell you. They don't even have Nick Fairley and they are already one of the leagues best, that sentiment is echoed throughout the league as well. They will have their way with us, we have to get creative in how we attack them, we slid our line vs Washington a few times and it worked brilliantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        If you think Detroit's O-line is overrated I don't even know what to tell you. They don't even have Nick Fairley and they are already one of the leagues best, that sentiment is echoed throughout the league as well. They will have their way with us, we have to get creative in how we attack them, we slid our line vs Washington a few times and it worked brilliantly.
                        They are very over rated, and this goes back to last season. They stunk last year stopping the run! I don't care who they have or isn't playing! It's not like they were godly last year and stink this year. They can't stop the run either last year! And guess what, they can't this year? So Fairly, a rookie with no mini camp or OTAs will magically fix this line? Perhaps, but come on man, you relying on a rookie just because of the name or potential. That's BS in my opinion.

Let them prove it first before they have the media get on their knees and unzip their pants.

How can you be called one of the best if you can't stop the run? How? They blew last year, and now again, they stink. It's not even that their avg. What were they 24 or 21 in the league stopping the run last year? And now they are about the same position with teams getting 5 yards a carry.

I am not mad at you, I am just saying I went back and forth on their board with this. Apparently, stopping the run can get swept under the rug, because they get sacks and have top picks on the OL.

Comment

They are very over rated, and this goes back to last season. They stunk last year stopping the run! I don't care who they have or isn't playing! It's not like they were godly last year and stink this year. They can't stop the run either last year! And guess what, they can't this year? So Fairly, a rookie with no mini camp or OTAs will magically fix this line? Perhaps, but come on man, you relying on a rookie just because of the name or potential. That's BS in my opinion.

Let them prove it first before they have the media get on their knees and unzip their pants.

How can you be called one of the best if you can't stop the run? How? They blew last year, and now again, they stink. It's not even that their avg. What were they 24 or 21 in the league stopping the run last year? And now they are about the same position with teams getting 5 yards a carry.

I am not mad at you, I am just saying I went back and forth on their board with this. Apparently, stopping the run can get swept under the rug, because they get sacks and have top picks on the OL.
                          +9000. As much as people talk about Suh watch him on Sunday. He blows into the backfield for one of two options 1) Positive (for the Lions): He stops the play in the backfield; 2) Negative: He burst away from the play allowing a MASSIVE hole to run through. Next to him is journeyman Corey Williams. Are they a formidable dline against the pass? Hell yes. Are they overrated as hell when talking a complete (meaning stopping the run as well)?
                          Yes.
                          Originally posted by D-Unit
                          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                            +9000. As much as people talk about Suh watch him on Sunday. He blows into the backfield for one of two options 1) Positive (for the Lions): He stops the play in the backfield; 2) Negative: He burst away from the play allowing a MASSIVE hole to run through.
                            So you wouldn't want Suh on the Cowboys? How many DT's would you rank above him? He's in his 2nd season in the NFL lol, I'm pretty sure he has a ton of things he needs to work on being that he's barely played 16 games in his career, but if we want to discredit his play just because he plays on a rival team then I guess so..

I'm just a realist about things, if a team has an elite player and he's a stud then rightfully so, if Suh played for us and we heard someone say anything negative about him we would probably blow a gasket(meaning all of us as a whole). I want the Cowboys to win more then anything but I don't think any less of a dominant player in Suh just because we have to play against him.

As far as their entire D-line, or how they fare vs the run, I'm not basing my assertions on stats so I couldn't tell you how they fared, but I have watched every game and seen how they controlled the line of scrimmage in every game.

I know they are holding teams to less then 16 points a game and it's certainly not because of their CB's and Safeties. Besides it's still early, there are teams in the top 10 for rushing D right now that will finish in the bottom 25, it's only been 3 weeks of samplings. Their line isn't even playing as well as it's gonna be as the season goes on either.

Im not trying to make that out to seem like they can't be beat, hell the Chiefs almost beat them. We have to attack Stafford and especially Backus, that's a huge liability for them with him vs Ware. It can control the game. But IMO their line is as advertised, and that's just the conclusion I came to by watching them each game.

Not to say either of you wrong, but that's just my opinion of their play after a few weeks. It's still early.

Comment

• I am not a big stat guy. But whenever I watched games they attack the QB very well. Reminds me of our DL. However, these guys are so aggressive and perhaps undisciplined in their gap control, that opposing offenses can run against them

I am not saying any individual, but the whole DL as a unit. Going back until last season, seems like any team can run on them.

I judge DL on pass rushing, sacks, pressures, and ability to play the run. Specifically, holding the blocks, reading the RB, and then shedding the offensive player and making a play. However, these guys don't do that very well.

Maybe they well get it as they progress. If that's the case, then I will give them props when they become elite. I have no qualms in that department. But this whole they are one of the best DL thing is not accurate.

Best pass rushing DL. Yeah they are up there. Best complete DL. Not even close. Sad thing is they are not even avg, or in the teens in their rankings. Those guys are back in the 20s. That's horrible! This is for last season, and very early this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                So you wouldn't want Suh on the Cowboys? How many DT's would you rank above him? He's in his 2nd season in the NFL lol, I'm pretty sure he has a ton of things he needs to work on being that he's barely played 16 games in his career, but if we want to discredit his play just because he plays on a rival team then I guess so..
                                Easy captain hyperbole. I didn't say I woudln't take him on Dallas. I simply pointed out a weakness since you claimed they weren't overrated. Talent doesn't dictate the best player at the position. Being in position is part of a defensive lineman's job not simply making the flashy play. My insight had nothing to do with the fact we play them I have been calling Detroit's vanilla defense overrated all season. If your lone source of information is the talking heads then fine.

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I'm just a realist about things, if a team has an elite player and he's a stud then rightfully so, if Suh played for us and we heard someone say anything negative about him we would probably blow a gasket(meaning all of us as a whole). I want the Cowboys to win more then anything but I don't think any less of a dominant player in Suh just because we have to play against him.
                                Really? We're not objective in our forum? -_- Unless the Lions simply tell him on every snap to just penetrate and not care about holes left behind him he plays out of position. Can you imagine if Ware ignored the flats on his blitzes? Instead of peeling off and taking away the RB he just went for the flash every play... It's the mark of an undisciplined player. Will he become the Warren Sapp of the generation? Yes. Since we were talking about the CURRENT Lions defense and not what they will become... RIGHT NOW the Lions are overrated. Project as hard as you want but the fact remains they are porous against the run.

As far as their entire D-line, or how they fare vs the run, I'm not basing my assertions on stats so I couldn't tell you how they fared, but I have watched every game and seen how they controlled the line of scrimmage in every game.

I know they are holding teams to less then 16 points a game and it's certainly not because of their CB's and Safeties. Besides it's still early, there are teams in the top 10 for rushing D right now that will finish in the bottom 25, it's only been 3 weeks of samplings. Their line isn't even playing as well as it's gonna be as the season goes on either.

Not to say either of you wrong, but that's just my opinion of their play after a few weeks. It's still early.
                                If you can objectively watch their games and not see the massive running lanes they give up I don't know what to tell you. You are treading in dangerous waters again by projecting. Base it on what they have done. Crowning paper champions is dangerous as a Dallas fan we've all been through it. They have IMMENSE talent up front but PLEASE allow them to prove it against the run because as pointed out they are not there yet.

Im not trying to make that out to seem like they can't be beat, hell the Chiefs almost beat them. We have to attack Stafford and especially Backus, that's a huge liability for them with him vs Ware. It can control the game.
                                Fully agree. Their offensive line is not very good and Backus is going to have fits. Expect a lot of deep safety help though because we cannot give up the big play and expect to win. Drop a lot in coverage and force Detroit to try and run the ball since so far this season they have done very poorly with it. If our running game is actually called we cannot abandon it. The Vikings are shelling them averaging something like 5 yards a carry before asking McNabb to lead them to the promise land (we've seen how that plays out...).
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information