X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bradie LB

Originally posted by chrlopez1
    I think we have to many LB and we are not going to be drafting any LB in the draft. We could go for Thomas from Baltimore and take OL in round 1. What about Hurd and Austin...........It usually takes 2-3 years for WR to come around. I think we need OL help...but I would go after round 1. I did suggest earlier about Burnett....being traded...........about 2 months ago. I would keep him...............Round 1 who would u want to target..give a reason and why.........
    Good question. Tell me just 1 position we get in FA and I give you the answer.

To me, OG and OT can be solved round 2.
    To me, backup QB and NT can be solved around 3-4.
    To me, Austin is ready next year. If Colston why not Austin.
    To me, Kicker after round 5.
    To me, after 4 go best athlete.

So, I say either CB or WR or rushing OLB. I provided a mock earlier.

Comment

• Re: Round 1

Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by cowboysforever
      I am not a big poster, but read most of them.

1st thing...... I think we are either going to pay very good against Seattle and win or get our A....wuped..................

Here are 8 players who will might have a shot at.....Who would be best and who might not be avaible.. Opinions..please

Reggie Nielson....S ...I think Davis is out.....
      Landry......S....People wanted him last year if he would have come back
      Lynch..RB... a reach...but maybe j.jones traded for a 3....JJ...hasn't shown much....
      Jarrett...WR...wide card..I like him, but would we go WR in round 1...if they release TO..it is possible
      Griffith....S Could he tamdem with Williams?
      Tyle...DT....Solid..but not spectular position....???
      Brown or Blalock.............OL help.....

Anybody now our Salary Cap forcast for next year....any site were all players salaries are shown and cap relief if we cut
      Depending on the Juniors, almost all of those guys will be round late 1 to 2. So, practical list.
      Sometimes I don't know about you cowboysforever...you honestly think those guys are late first-second rounders :shock:

Nelson 14-30
      Landry top 15
      Lynch top 15
      Jarrett top 20
      Griffith 20-32
      Tyler 22-40
      Brown 20-40
      Blalock 15-32

We have no shot at Landry or Lynch. We are doubtful to have a chance at Nelson. Jarrett would be very lucky to fall to us...would have to run bad.
      Uh, Thule -- I said late 1 to 2. You don't know how the juniors are going to alter this draft. Thule, I sometimes don't know about you either.

And if you read your own debatable list -- 5 of the players you "mock" are averaging after 20.

So you are essentially agreeing with while being disagreable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
        Originally posted by Staubach12
        I say Zimmer out, and TO out. We sign Ken Hamlin and Derrick Dockery in Free Agency. Trade up for Jarrett (1st and JJ for a higher 1st). Craig Davis in the 2nd. Crosby in the 3rd.
        In my heart, I truly believe Watkins or Henry can play with skill the FS position. Leave Hamlin for elsewhere and don't spend on medicore talent.

Dockery? We need a RG not a LG. Aint Dockery a LG?
        Dockery is a LG but I think he can make the transition. It wouldn't be a huge problem. You need to give it up, Henry will never, never be a FS. OK? It won't happen. He's our #2 CB, and that's it. He's not a FS. As far as Hamlin, he's good, and he's a very good compliment to Roy. We would have one of the best safety tandems in the league.
        You guys bash me but you are projecting Burnett as an ILB now?

Not that he can't but everyone tells me BP needs 299 lb ILB with 6.2 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888
          I think we have to many LB and we are not going to be drafting any LB in the draft. We could go for Thomas from Baltimore and take OL in round 1. What about Hurd and Austin...........It usually takes 2-3 years for WR to come around. I think we need OL help...but I would go after round 1. I did suggest earlier about Burnett....being traded...........about 2 months ago. I would keep him...............Round 1 who would u want to target..give a reason and why.........
          I think you have to target Blalock...a mauler as a guard who can either step in immediately or when Rivera retires.

I've put some serious thought recently about drafting a WR. Here's what I think:

-I think that either Hurd or Austin will become a reliable receiver. Maybe not #1 or #2 but definitely a #3.

-I don't think Crayton will be anything more than a 3.

-I don't want to stunt Austin or Hurd's growth by drafting another receiver and relegating them to 4 and 5 on the depth chart.

-I don't know what to think about TO. I think a couple of playoff wins and he'll be fine. But on the other hand, if we don't win a couple of games, we could see a collossal TO collapse. Anyone know what the cap hit would be if we released him?

-Terry Glenn can be a #1 receiver, but for how long?

-On the other hand, if Jarrett or Ginn were miraculously available, I would certainly be willing to draft either of them (although that is extremely unlikely with the Pats drafting right ahead of us).

-If we release TO, what about a veteran to step in and be a #2 while we see how Hurd and Austin develop?
          Rice or Jarret will fall. Just depends on what happens in FA and with TO.

Comment

I think you have to target Blalock...a mauler as a guard who can either step in immediately or when Rivera retires.

I've put some serious thought recently about drafting a WR. Here's what I think:

-I think that either Hurd or Austin will become a reliable receiver. Maybe not #1 or #2 but definitely a #3.

-I don't think Crayton will be anything more than a 3.

-I don't want to stunt Austin or Hurd's growth by drafting another receiver and relegating them to 4 and 5 on the depth chart.

-I don't know what to think about TO. I think a couple of playoff wins and he'll be fine. But on the other hand, if we don't win a couple of games, we could see a collossal TO collapse. Anyone know what the cap hit would be if we released him?

-Terry Glenn can be a #1 receiver, but for how long?

-On the other hand, if Jarrett or Ginn were miraculously available, I would certainly be willing to draft either of them (although that is extremely unlikely with the Pats drafting right ahead of us).

-If we release TO, what about a veteran to step in and be a #2 while we see how Hurd and Austin develop?
            FA WR corps is bare this year. There isn't one guy out there I like...even as a number 2 guy.

I agree with you it has to be a WR with #1 potential...aka Ginn Jarrett Rice.

The more I think about it the more I think we could see Crayton moved. He is a RFA this year...I wonder if anyone would bite.

My random note for the day. Darren Sharper apparently isn't sure if he will be in MN next year.

I don't know how many of you were around...but he was my main target for FS and he has played great....and is a very good ball hawk. If for some reason he is cut (signed through 2008) he is our solution to the problem. Lets remember he signed right away with MN because that is where he wanted to go...we never even got a shot at him...this time I have a feeling his options are more open. He could be great for Watkins to develop and contribute to our team.
            I know he signed for big money in MN. But aint he a SS?

Comment

• I heard CJ blew up today for GT?

Anyone see him or else that impressed?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                I heard CJ blew up today for GT?

Anyone see him or else that impressed?
                Oh yeah...shows what he could of done with a real QB all along. Jarrett blew up also; I think Johnson, Jarrett and Rice are all coming out. I think one of them will drop to us, and personally I would accept any of them. Our WRs are old and there's nothing we can do about that.

I either want Nelson, Wilson, Blalock and/or one of the WRs.

Comment

• I'm kind of going through the same thought process about FS as with WR. Again, my thoughts:

-I do like Watkins potential. I'm not sure if he's ready to start now

-I don't think Keith Davis is starting material. Great special teamer and solid backup, but not starter. Especially at the level we want.

-I don't want to stunt Watkins' growth by starting someone ahead of him.

-Perhaps, similarly to WR, we can sign a veteran to share snaps with Watkins.

-I don't think Roy should be playing in Nickel and Dime packages, at least as a safety...that's where Parrish could come in for the playoffs.

Comment

• Hello Trips, how's Siberia?
                    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
                      Hello Trips, how's Siberia?
                      Siberia's much better than Vermont...at least we have snow this year, rather than stinking freezing rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                        Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
                        Siberia's much better than Vermont...at least we have snow this year, rather than stinking freezing rain.
                        Yes, slippery roads are rather annoying.
                        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

I tried to sleep outside last night and was impaled by wind and very very cold freezing rain. And I was on a covered porch covered completely by 2 sleeping bags.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                            I tried to sleep outside last night and was impaled by wind and very very cold freezing rain. And I was on a covered porch covered completely by 2 sleeping bags.
                            Sounds like fun, I might have to try it sometime...
                            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Sounds like fun, I might have to try it sometime...
                              It would've worked on any other night, but the wind was just blowing the wrong way. Yesterday was a bad day.

Comment

• Re: Round 1

I am not a big poster, but read most of them.

1st thing...... I think we are either going to pay very good against Seattle and win or get our A....wuped..................

Here are 8 players who will might have a shot at.....Who would be best and who might not be avaible.. Opinions..please

Reggie Nielson....S ...I think Davis is out.....
                                Landry......S....People wanted him last year if he would have come back
                                Lynch..RB... a reach...but maybe j.jones traded for a 3....JJ...hasn't shown much....
                                Jarrett...WR...wide card..I like him, but would we go WR in round 1...if they release TO..it is possible
                                Griffith....S Could he tamdem with Williams?
                                Tyle...DT....Solid..but not spectular position....???
                                Brown or Blalock.............OL help.....

Anybody now our Salary Cap forcast for next year....any site were all players salaries are shown and cap relief if we cut
                                Depending on the Juniors, almost all of those guys will be round late 1 to 2. So, practical list.
                                Sometimes I don't know about you cowboysforever...you honestly think those guys are late first-second rounders :shock:

Nelson 14-30
                                Landry top 15
                                Lynch top 15
                                Jarrett top 20
                                Griffith 20-32
                                Tyler 22-40
                                Brown 20-40
                                Blalock 15-32

We have no shot at Landry or Lynch. We are doubtful to have a chance at Nelson. Jarrett would be very lucky to fall to us...would have to run bad.
                                Uh, Thule -- I said late 1 to 2. You don't know how the juniors are going to alter this draft. Thule, I sometimes don't know about you either.

And if you read your own debatable list -- 5 of the players you "mock" are averaging after 20.

So you are essentially agreeing with while being disagreable.
                                Well you say that the Jr. are the ones affecting the draft...but which jr. ar eaffecting it...Baker/Long/Lynch/Jarrett/Nelson

Notice 3 of the 5 names are names of people you are saying are late firsts to second round. Bottom line Jarrett is now probabally a top 15 pick after his dominating performance the past couple of weeks. Nelson likely won't be there when we pick and neither will lynch. But yet you say they are late firsts...I don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information