Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took a peak at our remaining schedule and it's pretty favorable.

Rams
    @Eagles
    Seahawks
    Bills
    @Skins
    Dolphins
    @Cardinals
    Giants
    @Bucs
    Eagles
    @Giants

We should run the table during these next 7 games, putting us in a good position to make the playoffs heading into the first Giants game.
    Cowboys Mock:
    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      I just took a peak at our remaining schedule and it's pretty favorable.

Rams
      @Eagles
      Seahawks
      Bills
      @Skins
      Dolphins
      @Cardinals
      Giants
      @Bucs
      Eagles
      @Giants

We should run the table during these next 7 games, putting us in a good position to make the playoffs heading into the first Giants game.
      I do like the looks of the schedule over the next 7 weeks. I think we can go 6-1 and the one loss being in Philly. Andy Reid is just too damn good after a bye week.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Brady had plenty of pressure both when we blitzed him and when we didn't. He just picked us apart. Dude is a master surgeon and when he's as accurate and smart with the ball as he was on that last drive in the no huddle offense, no defense in the NFL can stop him. There is absolutely NO blame on the defense in that game. If not for them, we don't have a chance in hell.

The blame goes back to Jason Garrett in his horrible decision on trusting this misfit interrior OL. It's that OL that we knew would have troubles that is now in the thick of troubles. It's that OL that has given Romo a punctured lung and in a constant state of turmoil. It's that OL can can't get a push in the run game. It's that OL that is really the reason for this team not being able to take advantage of the weapons available.

We have all the fancy weapons, but no OL to make it all work. The good thing is that our main problem is a relatively easy one to fix in the offseason. Secondly, we are so damn close to beating these good teams. We know that we are at least in the same class. If we were getting our asses wiped every weekend, then there would be cause for much more misery.

So I am actually happy with where this team can go from here on out. The schedule looks good for us to get on a run if all we do is the same thing we've been doing.

I think you bring up good and valid points. Perhaps the play calling could have been better. But your defense had lead, and then choked it away. I was on NFL.com just checking videos out, and found this segment on the cowboys, and Sapp articulated what I am trying to say too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ontinuous=true

I guess we can disagree in that regard. I think JG is at fault too, but it's not all on him is what I am saying. Like I said, if it was us I'd be shaking me fist at our DC just like I have in the past.

Comment

• Defense hasn't been able to put a team out of its misery when it's counted. For as great as they played on sunday....(and they played GREAT!!!!), they should've been able to seal the deal...They've only been able to do that against a turnover prone Rex Grossman and Mark Sanchez this season. They'll get better I think as the year goes on, and Hatcher comes back, and the CB's play together, but fault only goes so far on Garrett. Romo throws a pick in that situation and we're calling for his and Garrett's head all over again.

Defense played well all game, I don't fault him for relying on them to play well one more series.

Comment

• Montrae Holland is back. Its been a couple of weeks since he's been cut. Hopefully he doesnt weigh 400 pounds.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Montrae Holland is back. Its been a couple of weeks since he's been cut. Hopefully he doesnt weigh 400 pounds.
              Read that....also read he's been working out. Hopefully he can give a push to help the run game. And really...He can't be any worst than Nagy. Who's been graded as the absolute worst OL in the league as far as run blocking.

Comment

• One thing I did read said he has lost weight. Hope so.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Playcalling was pretty damn bad... wish Garrett would learn from his mistakes sometime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    I think you bring up good and valid points. Perhaps the play calling could have been better. But your defense had lead, and then choked it away. I was on NFL.com just checking videos out, and found this segment on the cowboys, and Sapp articulated what I am trying to say too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ontinuous=true

I guess we can disagree in that regard. I think JG is at fault too, but it's not all on him is what I am saying. Like I said, if it was us I'd be shaking me fist at our DC just like I have in the past.
                    Can't watch that vid at work.

I actually didn't have a lot of problems with the playcalling in this game other than when we were in the red zone. The way Garrett called the game was in direct correlation to "putting the reigns" on Tony Turnover. ...and that's what I wanted him to do. I believe after Tony's early INT, that Garrett decided that he definitely had to call a conservative game.

What I'm learning is that Garrett can't call an effective conservative game. His natural approach is aggressive passing, which is a double edge sword with Tony Turnover as the QB and a patchwork OL. So I believe that our low scoring was more of a result of Garrett pulling the reigns back and calling a safer, more conservative game, than NE's defense actually being as good as the score tries to suggest. Once we went no huddle, the offense looked good.

I see how you want to suggest that our defense collapsed and "choked" the game away because they couldn't stop Brady on that last drive, but there wasn't any defensive playcall that they could've done differently that would've changed the outcome. Early on you wanted to suggest that we should blame Rob Ryan for the collapse. That simply wouldn't be fair and justified. The defense played outstanding all game long. When was the last time you saw Brady get intercepted twice in a game? The number of hits and pressures we had been getting on him were excellent. You don't just hold the Pats at home to 13 points for 59 minutes without doing a damn good job. They were averaging 33 ppg going into this game.

Also, with a little perspective... this defense was supposed to be a larger concern than the offense going into the season. Last year our DBs were dressed as ushers inviting people into the endzone. Our pass rush relied on the production of one man. ...and speaking of our pass rush, Cowboys nation was confused on who's to be at fault for the secondary woes... Was it the lack of pressure??? People who said that were Robert Quinn fans at draft time. Or was it really that the 2ndary was that bad??? Definite confusion because our defense played so poorly. Our front 7 ... and let me really stress this one... Our front 7 couldn't stop the run to save their lives. So bad that Jerry thought the reason might be because Spears had missed time, so he gave him $19M to stick around. I crucified Jay Ratliff for his pitiful run defense and our old man duo of James/Brooking was the butt of many jokes.

Many hoped we'd use the draft and FA to make significant upgrades. But alas, Garrett (the definite man in charge of player acquisition) went with a heavy offensive loaded draft, and left Rob Ryan with chump change to sign a couple of ho-hum vets (Coleman/Elam), while overspending on the guys who couldn't make an impact last season (Spears/Scandrick), but now are supposed to because they have a new contract? Needless to say, the job that Rob Ryan has done is nothing short of miraculous. If I had a choice, I'd make him the HC over Garrett. His players respond to him. They know he hast their back. Garrett is a robot. Gives mechanical answers, hides his emotions, hasn't yelled at a ref in his life... probably uses the same exact number of toilet paper squares every time he wipes his ass too. I'm tired of Garrett. He doesn't do anything extrordinary that separates him from his competition. He's just fortunate that he had family ties to Jerry Jones. I don't think he ever earned what Jerry gave him. Jerry gave first and then hoped he'd earn.

Comment

• Sounds like someone is getting a case of the negative nancy's again.

Comment

• Boys released Dwayne Harris:(

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                          Boys released Dwayne Harris:(
                          You gotta be kidding me............ GRRRRRRR

Comment

Sounds like someone is getting a case of the negative nancy's again.
                            Nah, you just didn't understand what I was saying correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Nah, you just didn't understand what I was saying correctly.
                              I absolutely do...and agree with most of what you said.

It's the last paragraph that I don't agree with and is a knee jerk reaction. Coaches aren't even given half a season to prove their worth anymore. Garrett is obviously catching quite a bit of flack from the fans, media, and even the owner for the last 2 weeks, but you make it sound like he's dragged this team down into a top 5 pick. There's numerous issues on the team....too many to really name. Going back to when he took over. Since he's been the head coach... He's had an aging line, a season ending injured and turnover prone QB, numerous injuries to every position on offense, etc, etc, etc....Yet the boys have been competitive. It's frustrating...I know..I agree. It's more frustrating to see us lose these tough games than to see us get blown out. I just think you're SERIOUSLY undermining what Garrett's been able to do. He has his warts(redzone playcalling specifically)...but let's try to remember he's a first year coach with a team that probably shouldn't be in these games as much as they are. A brand new young o-line that can't run block to save their lives, a WR tandem that has played a total of 5 QTRs together, a RB that can't stay healthy to save his life, a fumble prone backup RB that's been on the trade block since training camp, a QB he can't trust with a 20+ point lead....and with all that said...They've have a team that's been within a touchdown either way in every one of the last 10 games.

I love Rob Ryan just as much as the next guy...and always thought he was the type of DC that could put some fire into this D, but he's had 5 games to prove his mettle in Dallas, and he's done a great job with some faults(This same defense gave up 300+ yards to Mark Sanchez). Let's not be quick to crown him. There's a reason he hasn't been promoted to HC through all these years. Being brash and over the top can be quite a turn off at times.
                              Last edited by FreshBoy!; 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I absolutely do...and agree with most of what you said.

It's the last paragraph that I don't agree with and is a knee jerk reaction. Coaches aren't even given half a season to prove their worth anymore. Garrett is obviously catching quite a bit of flack from the fans, media, and even the owner for the last 2 weeks, but you make it sound like he's dragged this team down into a top 5 pick. There's numerous issues on the team....too many to really name. Going back to when he took over. Since he's been the head coach... He's had an aging line, a season ending injured and turnover prone QB, numerous injuries to every position on offense, etc, etc, etc....Yet the boys have been competitive. It's frustrating...I know..I agree. It's more frustrating to see us lose these tough games than to see us get blown out. I just think you're SERIOUSLY undermining what Garrett's been able to do. He has his warts(redzone playcalling specifically)...but let's try to remember he's a first year coach with a team that probably shouldn't be in these games as much as they are.
                                Nah, you think you do, but I can tell... you don't. Maybe what you think "Negative Nacy" means is different from me. I think it relates to feeling down about the team, which I don't at all. In fact, several posts ago, I said I like where this team is at and how close we have been to beating these good teams. Negative Nacy's are guys being down without being to see the other side of the story. I see both sides pretty clearly.

...and what's so knee jerk about calling Garrett out on his obvious faults? I guess you don't like anyone talking bad about your team, even if it's the truth. Yeah, he does some good things. But what? Are you saying that no one else qualified can do good things with this team? Let's look at the big picture here... There are a lot of coaches out there that could probably do a better job than Garrett is doing. Garrett never earned being the highest paid OC when Jerry gave him the job. Garrett never earned being our HC. Let's be real... Garrett could've gone winless as interim HC and he would still be our HC today. He got the job because of his family's close relationship with the Jones'. He'll probably have the job for a very long time too. I hope he gets better because, "We go as Garrett goes".

If Rob Ryan leaves next year for a HC gig. God help us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information