Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did play Carpenter, Spears, Hatcher and Watkins against Detroit?

The game against the Saints has disrupted our confidence. I think that if we had won that game now we would be a 12-4 team. We have to re-find the team that played against Indy, we got th potential to be the best team in the NFC, but we've lost our chemistry...
    Now we have to hope that Parcells, and his experience, could make us step up for the playoff run.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
      How did play Carpenter, Spears, Hatcher and Watkins against Detroit?

The game against the Saints has disrupted our confidence. I think that if we had won that game now we would be a 12-4 team. We have to re-find the team that played against Indy, we got th potential to be the best team in the NFC, but we've lost our chemistry...
      Now we have to hope that Parcells, and his experience, could make us step up for the playoff run.
      Carpenter made a couple plays, but no great overall play. I don't remember hearing Spears name all game. Hatcher always looked like he was going to disengage his blocker to get a sack or stop the run but is always a split second to late, but I still like him. Watkins made a nice pick on deep ball, but kitna pretty much threw into triple coverage, but he didn't give up a big play I don't believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
        Originally posted by Modano

Carpenter made a couple plays, but no great overall play. I don't remember hearing Spears name all game. Hatcher always looked like he was going to disengage his blocker to get a sack or stop the run but is always a split second to late, but I still like him. Watkins made a nice pick on deep ball, but kitna pretty much threw into triple coverage, but he didn't give up a big play I don't believe.
        You know, the more I see of Hatcher, the more I like him. They said going in this year that he was raw and a project, but he's flashed some real potential. I think once he gets a full off-season to work on his strength and technique he could very well push Spears out of the starting lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
          Where the heck is D-Unit?
          He must be on a really great, long vacation. However, since he evidently lives in Hawaii, I can't imagine where he would go that would be better. Perhaps he takes winter vacations in places like Cleveland or Detroit. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
            Originally posted by Paul

You know, the more I see of Hatcher, the more I like him. They said going in this year that he was raw and a project, but he's flashed some real potential. I think once he gets a full off-season to work on his strength and technique he could very well push Spears out of the starting lineup.
            Well it'll be interesting to see. Coleman is actually our best DE right now :?

Comment

Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Where the heck is D-Unit?
              He must be on a really great, long vacation. However, since he evidently lives in Hawaii, I can't imagine where he would go that would be better. Perhaps he takes winter vacations in places like Cleveland or Detroit. :D
              He's around...not hard to believe this thread lost its swagger :|

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                Ward, when I said I thought Parcells was a little overrated with player/talent evaluation I was thinking more about guys like Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman and Marcus Spears and Bruce Thornton and Skyler Green etc. Having said that though he's also made some really good and some great draft picks since he's been here as well. I guess I'm just dissapointed with the inconsistency in that regard but I guess that's just the way the draft is.

As far as FA signings, Marco Rivera was one of the worst I've ever seen, even before the back injury he was obviously an aging player with declining ability.
                One of BP's biggest critique's is he over-values "his guys" and under values raw talent. I think this is true but it is an idea that has worked well n NE.

Second, do not under estimate Jerry's role and his son's in this debacle. It was only two years ago that BP got Jeff Ireland in there.

I have said several times that BP's first two draft where not his. The first, he was a newly minted coach and the second (coming off a 10-6 miracle season) was also a Jerry run special (Peterman, et al).

To me this is why BP is really only in his second season of the turnaround and hopefully entering his third.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  Couple of quick points I wanted to make

- The different schemes you guys ran against the Lions...I liked it. Why didn't it work? 2 reasons.

1. Guys are just not winning their individual matchups. For whatever reasons, the LB blitzes are getting picked up all the time.

2. The safeties can't cover at all. Roy Williams is really being exposed out there.

- You guys are similar to us in a sense that mistakes is what is costing you games. I think that will go away in the playoffs though, because the stakes are higher and players will be more conscious of their actions.

- This team will be better next year than they are this year. You gotta hope BP stays and possibly replace Zimmer. But this is a young team, and I think that if you can BP, youre making a mistake. Honestly, who on the market would you rather have than BP right now? We'll gladly take him if you don't want him anymore.

- Get rid of TO in the offseason. While he's a great player, his antics are just too much for a team to handle mentally. Even if its not his fault, he brings too much scrutinity to the table, and that wears a team down. He's also notorious for his 2nd year explosions. Remember the "rat" that he plans on unveiling later? Be ready to hear more TO in the offseason because of that. And thats exactly what he wants.
                  Telling a Cowboy fan that Roy stinks is like worse than death. But yeah, he is horrid. He has no change of direction ability and forever bites on every fake.

TO does need to go but tell folks that here too. Funny cuz I heard he would be trade bait for Atlanta for one of their WR bums and a mid round pick.

On the D Scheme stuff, the blitzs are picked up b/c they are not timed right and everyone knows they are coming. That is the result of horrid coaching and horrid players not making any adjustments.

Also on D, these Cowboys don't understand what zone coverage is. The players are caught reading receivers moves, over-reacting, getting out of place in the zone and not tracking the QB and the ball.

I saw one play where Bradie almost broke his ankles trying to cover a cross pattern in the hash b/c he over commited to the first guy in his zone and then the QB went the other way for 16 yards. It was a symbol on film of what is wrong with the players on this team. Not a patient group of guys.

And as you know BP and Belichick Defenses are all read and react. This team can't read and over reacts.
                  You always say you hear stuff...yet you never provide a source...please bring in some evidence when putting out such a bold statement.
                  An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul

Jason Hatcher will be a very good pass rusher. Work his upper some. He gets twisted quite a bit when engaging. With that said, I think he is better than Williams.

Comment

• Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                        Originally posted by thule

- The different schemes you guys ran against the Lions...I liked it. Why didn't it work? 2 reasons.

1. Guys are just not winning their individual matchups. For whatever reasons, the LB blitzes are getting picked up all the time.

2. The safeties can't cover at all. Roy Williams is really being exposed out there.

- You guys are similar to us in a sense that mistakes is what is costing you games. I think that will go away in the playoffs though, because the stakes are higher and players will be more conscious of their actions.

- This team will be better next year than they are this year. You gotta hope BP stays and possibly replace Zimmer. But this is a young team, and I think that if you can BP, youre making a mistake. Honestly, who on the market would you rather have than BP right now? We'll gladly take him if you don't want him anymore.

- Get rid of TO in the offseason. While he's a great player, his antics are just too much for a team to handle mentally. Even if its not his fault, he brings too much scrutinity to the table, and that wears a team down. He's also notorious for his 2nd year explosions. Remember the "rat" that he plans on unveiling later? Be ready to hear more TO in the offseason because of that. And thats exactly what he wants.
                        Telling a Cowboy fan that Roy stinks is like worse than death. But yeah, he is horrid. He has no change of direction ability and forever bites on every fake.

TO does need to go but tell folks that here too. Funny cuz I heard he would be trade bait for Atlanta for one of their WR bums and a mid round pick.

On the D Scheme stuff, the blitzs are picked up b/c they are not timed right and everyone knows they are coming. That is the result of horrid coaching and horrid players not making any adjustments.

Also on D, these Cowboys don't understand what zone coverage is. The players are caught reading receivers moves, over-reacting, getting out of place in the zone and not tracking the QB and the ball.

I saw one play where Bradie almost broke his ankles trying to cover a cross pattern in the hash b/c he over commited to the first guy in his zone and then the QB went the other way for 16 yards. It was a symbol on film of what is wrong with the players on this team. Not a patient group of guys.

And as you know BP and Belichick Defenses are all read and react. This team can't read and over reacts.
                        You always say you hear stuff...yet you never provide a source...please bring in some evidence when putting out such a bold statement.
                        An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.
                        Thats not a reputable enough source for me to buy into. I mean come on all they are doing is line-ing up the dots...they don't actually have any validity behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano

I thought Carpenter played well. I know this much he is more athletic than Singleton, Ayodele and James. See the Pass Break-up? Nice.

He will be good next year I feel. Team needs to give him a spot and stick to it all off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.
                            I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.

Comment

Originally posted by thule

Thats not a reputable enough source for me to buy into. I mean come on all they are doing is line-ing up the dots...they don't actually have any validity behind them.
                              Thule, I am not assigning probabilities. Just repeating.

With that said, do I like the idea. Yeah. I think TO lives there anyway so not so far fetched.

Will it happen if folks think we are going to cut him any ... no.

Comment

Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.
                                I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.
                                I also would seriously look at the NE staff, particularly the DB Coach. With the talent they have lost ... wow. To still be this good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information