This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    It has become very clear that Miles is very important to this offense.
    It has become very clear that our OL sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      It has become very clear that our OL sucks.
      That too. If you check my post on the draft thread I mentioned that we MIGHT want to go heavy on interior OL. :)

Seriously though, I went back watched quite a bit and our WRs got no separation at all yesterday. Those that thought Peterson wouldn't be that great of a CB would be very wrong. And they were playing very physical. Gotta hand it to AZ;they played well.

I do think that if Miles had been out there, they would not be able to bracket Witten as much, therefore opening things up for everyone.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Why? What happened to your boy Robinson? He makes you miss Miles that much?

You seem to think we'd trade Miles for nothing. Yes, Miles helps us. That's not being ignored. What's being ignored is you thinking that Miles gets us nothing back in return. If Miles can get us help in other areas that we have weaknesses at then maybe we'll be better off. Especially cap wise.
        Robinson is a good player, but teams still don't pay him respect. They play him one on one.

Miles is a beast. He commands attention. Dez and Witten will benefit so much from Miles coming back, let alone Robinson who will hopefully be matched up on scrubs.

If anything, this team needs to throw on big boy pants if they want to make the playoffs. We'll see if they are men or not, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          Oh and for all of the people who were for trading Miles, you can all admit you were wrong now. It's ok though.
          How is that?

I love Miles and always have. From the first time I saw him touch the ball and run.

Nevertheless, all assets are for sale -- just a function of price. I think Miles could help us pug up some holes via the draft to the right team. I also think Dez needs to step up and be a number 1 -- run your damn routes!!!!!

Much the same way, I was for trading Witten at the right price and forcing MB to play and produce.

I am a believer that young players, and particularly stupid ones as those two, do actually improve when they are told "get the job done, no excuses." I think guys like Dez and Bennett are so easily demotivated when they are not spoon fed the ball that their performance can collapse at times.

My opinion.

Comment

• I have seen Miles play the best CB and no one was able to take him 1-on-1. Even the Jet game, he got open versus Revis.

Austin's only limitation is he does not extend well for the ball like a Fitz or Dez or Calvin. Austin need the ball in his hands without having to jump or extend much. So in that sense, he taxes his QB somewhat but it also forces him to be precise with his routes. Many ways like Jerry Rice -- Jerry had no elevation or sretch but one smoothe route runner with good lower body strength.

But with Miles lower body and power -- he runs through most corners without really slowing down. Most WR get hit and they kind of freeze for a split second. Not Miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
              How is that?

I love Miles and always have. From the first time I saw him touch the ball and run.

Nevertheless, all assets are for sale -- just a function of price. I think Miles could help us pug up some holes via the draft to the right team. I also think Dez needs to step up and be a number 1 -- run your damn routes!!!!!

Much the same way, I was for trading Witten at the right price and forcing MB to play and produce.

I am a believer that young players, and particularly stupid ones as those two, do actually improve when they are told "get the job done, no excuses." I think guys like Dez and Bennett are so easily demotivated when they are not spoon fed the ball that their performance can collapse at times.

My opinion.
              No one is giving two 1st rounders for Miles Austin, and that is the least I would take for him. Therefore, it IS a stupid topic.

As for shipping out veterans when you can, that isn't smart. I'm all for getting younger, but you do still need some veteran leadership on a team. Trading Jason Witten wouldn't be a smart thing.

I'm not selling a tree for a couple of seeds. Period.

Comment

• Garrett really screwed the pooch again yesterday huh? Think we get an OC out of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                  No one is giving two 1st rounders for Miles Austin, and that is the least I would take for him. Therefore, it IS a stupid topic.

As for shipping out veterans when you can, that isn't smart. I'm all for getting younger, but you do still need some veteran leadership on a team. Trading Jason Witten wouldn't be a smart thing.

I'm not selling a tree for a couple of seeds. Period.
                  All a function of price so don't say it is stupid.

I find it infantile to say "something is stupid if I don't think it will happen but it might happen if ......"

Better to use the words "I don't think it likely ....... but, i this did happen then ...."

Comment

Except for Tony. He's still great. It's everyone else that sucks, right?
                    He's not even playing bad at all. People are ridiculously fair weather when it comes to Tony.

You wanna blame Tony for the o-line play yesterday or Dez dropping two passes? Or how about Garrett's incompetence? Cool story. The guy played pretty damn well yesterday, considering our line was outclassed all game.

What do you want from the guy? He only put the team in a position to win another game late, before he gave way to the kicking game.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      On a scale of 1-10, how bad does Newman suck. This ************ here. GOD
                      He has been just awful the past month. 12 was abusing him all day yesterday, and it looked like he was making minimal effort on all other plays. Giving huge cushions, not running down tackles, just complete minimal effort. I've never seen a CB play so bad, much less one that makes ******* $8M a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        He's not even playing bad at all. People are ridiculously fair weather when it comes to Tony.

You wanna blame Tony for the o-line play yesterday or Dez dropping two passes? Or how about Garrett's incompetence? Cool story. The guy played pretty damn well yesterday, considering our line was outclassed all game.

What do you want from the guy? He only put the team in a position to win another game late, before he gave way to the kicking game.
                        He's good, but not consistently good. I'm not talking about consistently as in 5-6 games in a row. I'm talking consistently year to year. His problems are all mental and he hasn't shown me that he's gotten past that yet. If we ever got a chance to prepare for the future with a solid QB prospect, I wouldn't pass it up. I know he's still got decent years left in his tank.

I admit part of it is Garrett too. We NEED to get the clipboard out of his hands. He can help game plan... that's fine. But calling the shots is something he simply has to give up.

Comment

• Typed this up last night after the game and forgot to post it.

TheFinisher's 2012 Off-Season Plan

Cuts/Don't Resign:

Terence Newman- Father time has caught up to Newman and this should be a no brainer at the end of the season. He's been making way too much money for such sub-par play the past 2-3 seasons.

Keith Brooking- Another one who's declined at an alarming rate the past 2 seasons, Brooking might retire before we even have a chance at cutting him.

Bradie James- This is a tough one because Bradie has been a mainstay for a long time but he's just a liability in space and can't be depended on anymore. Maybe we bring him back if he agrees to restructuring his contract.

Anthony Spencer- Spencer hasn't necessarily been bad, but when you look at his overall body of work the past 4 seasons coupled with his comments over the past off-season about "mailing it in" last year he's just not worth the money. Plus it gives us an opportunity to upgrade a position that has been awfully average.

Martellus Bennett- Don't let the door hit ya on the ass.

FA:

Cortland Finnegan- He should be a mid-upper level FA this off-season and fits the mold for what kind of players I want to see added to our defense. As far as Corners are concerned he's as tough as they come and he's still in his prime. A guy like Finnegan who loves to play physical and to compete is just the kind of guy we need to set an example for our younger guys at the position, I think he'd be a great mentor for Mike Jenkins.

D'Qwell Jackson- Knows the system and still has lots of mileage in the tank. He'd be one of those underhyped FA signings that winds up paying off big time.

Nick Hardwick- Phil Costa is close to being the Alan Ball of this season, he has no business being a starter in the NFL. Hardwick has kind of fallen from the Elite status he gained just a few seasons ago but he's still fairly young(30) and would bring much needed stability to the interior line.

*I wouldn't mind some roster churning at the back end of WR.

*May have to sign a low priced ILB depending on Albright and what we think of him, or if we plan to continue development of Barry Church as a nickel backer that should suffice.

*Safety may be added to this list but I'm hoping we bring back both guys on the cheap.

Resign:

Abram Elam/Gerald Sensabaugh- It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds, I really like the way these 2 have complemented each other and would be willing to invest in this combo for a few extra seasons as long as the price is reasonable. Hopefully we can get this done, stable safety play has been a rarity around here.

Laurent Robinson- No brainer, give this kid a legit #3 deal.. he's earned it.

Tony Fiametta- I don't know what's going on with Fiamette and that flu thing he's been dealing with but he's a heck of a lead blocker and I'd like to bring him back if it's possible.

*Wouldn't mind bringing back Coleman if the price is right. If not then I'd replace him with another cheap vet to play limited snaps. Unfortunately we blew our load on Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher so I don't want to get pricey along the DL this offseason.

*Montrae Holland is welcomed back if he's willing to accept a reserve/spot-duty level contract.

Draft:

1. Courtney Upshaw- Spencer hasn't panned out but that shouldn't stop us from continuing to search for a competant player opposite Ware. Plus I love Saban coached players.

2. Kevin Zeitler- I've had Zeitler penciled in as our 2nd Rounder for a while now because it just makes too much sense to me. He's a Day 1 starter at a huge position of need, and I'm much more a fan of drafting interior OL in the 2nd as opposed to the 1st.

3. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M- Signing Finnegan would be a great start to fixing the secondary but that's just the tip of the iceberg in this plan. Judie is someone who could challenge for playing time right off the bat and provides much needed depth to a previously thin position.

4. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame- LOVE the way he's played this season. Smith has all the physical ability to become a longterm starter in the NFL which is just what I'm looking for in safety prospects at this point. Team captain and RKOG so you know Red will love him.

5. Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly- This is another guy who I really like and have followed all season long. I know some may get turned off after we took AOA just 2 years ago but you gotta take risks if you want to reap rewards. He's got talent out the ass both as a cover man and return man, I just hope he doesn't run too fast at his pro day so he stays in the later rounds lol.

6. Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

7. James Brown, OT, Troy

TC Depth Chart:

QB- Romo, Kitna, McGee
                          RB- Murray, Jones, Tanner
                          FB- Fiametta
                          TE- Witten, Phillips, Ellison(R)
                          WR- Austin, Bryant, Robinson, Ogletree, Holley/Harris
                          LT- T. Smith, Parnell
                          LG- Kosier, Nagy
                          C- Hardwick(FA), Costa
                          RG- Zeitler(R), Arkin
                          RT- Free, Brown(R)

5T- Hatcher, Lissemore
                          5T- Spears, Coleman
                          NT- Ratliff, Brent
                          ROLB- Ware
                          LOLB- Upshaw(R), Butler
                          MLB- Lee, Carter
                          WLB- Jackson(FA), Albright?
                          LC- Finnegan(FA), Judie(R)
                          RC- Jenkins, Jackson(R), Walker/Ball
                          Slot- Scandrick
                          FS- Elam, Smith(R),
                          SS- Sensabaugh, Church, McCray
                          Cowboys Mock:
                          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                            Typed this up last night after the game and forgot to post it.

TheFinisher's 2012 Off-Season Plan

Cuts/Don't Resign:

Terence Newman- Father time has caught up to Newman and this should be a no brainer at the end of the season. He's been making way too much money for such sub-par play the past 2-3 seasons.

Keith Brooking- Another one who's declined at an alarming rate the past 2 seasons, Brooking might retire before we even have a chance at cutting him.

Bradie James- This is a tough one because Bradie has been a mainstay for a long time but he's just a liability in space and can't be depended on anymore. Maybe we bring him back if he agrees to restructuring his contract.

Anthony Spencer- Spencer hasn't necessarily been bad, but when you look at his overall body of work the past 4 seasons coupled with his comments over the past off-season about "mailing it in" last year he's just not worth the money. Plus it gives us an opportunity to upgrade a position that has been awfully average.

Martellus Bennett- Don't let the door hit ya on the ass.

FA:

Cortland Finnegan- He should be a mid-upper level FA this off-season and fits the mold for what kind of players I want to see added to our defense. As far as Corners are concerned he's as tough as they come and he's still in his prime. A guy like Finnegan who loves to play physical and to compete is just the kind of guy we need to set an example for our younger guys at the position, I think he'd be a great mentor for Mike Jenkins.

D'Qwell Jackson- Knows the system and still has lots of mileage in the tank. He'd be one of those underhyped FA signings that winds up paying off big time.

Nick Hardwick- Phil Costa is close to being the Alan Ball of this season, he has no business being a starter in the NFL. Hardwick has kind of fallen from the Elite status he gained just a few seasons ago but he's still fairly young(30) and would bring much needed stability to the interior line.

*I wouldn't mind some roster churning at the back end of WR.

*May have to sign a low priced ILB depending on Albright and what we think of him, or if we plan to continue development of Barry Church as a nickel backer that should suffice.

*Safety may be added to this list but I'm hoping we bring back both guys on the cheap.

Resign:

Abram Elam/Gerald Sensabaugh- It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds, I really like the way these 2 have complemented each other and would be willing to invest in this combo for a few extra seasons as long as the price is reasonable. Hopefully we can get this done, stable safety play has been a rarity around here.

Laurent Robinson- No brainer, give this kid a legit #3 deal.. he's earned it.

Tony Fiametta- I don't know what's going on with Fiamette and that flu thing he's been dealing with but he's a heck of a lead blocker and I'd like to bring him back if it's possible.

*Wouldn't mind bringing back Coleman if the price is right. If not then I'd replace him with another cheap vet to play limited snaps. Unfortunately we blew our load on Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher so I don't want to get pricey along the DL this offseason.

*Montrae Holland is welcomed back if he's willing to accept a reserve/spot-duty level contract.

Draft:

1. Courtney Upshaw- Spencer hasn't panned out but that shouldn't stop us from continuing to search for a competant player opposite Ware. Plus I love Saban coached players.

2. Kevin Zeitler- I've had Zeitler penciled in as our 2nd Rounder for a while now because it just makes too much sense to me. He's a Day 1 starter at a huge position of need, and I'm much more a fan of drafting interior OL in the 2nd as opposed to the 1st.

3. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M- Signing Finnegan would be a great start to fixing the secondary but that's just the tip of the iceberg in this plan. Judie is someone who could challenge for playing time right off the bat and provides much needed depth to a previously thin position.

4. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame- LOVE the way he's played this season. Smith has all the physical ability to become a longterm starter in the NFL which is just what I'm looking for in safety prospects at this point. Team captain and RKOG so you know Red will love him.

5. Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly- This is another guy who I really like and have followed all season long. I know some may get turned off after we took AOA just 2 years ago but you gotta take risks if you want to reap rewards. He's got talent out the ass both as a cover man and return man, I just hope he doesn't run too fast at his pro day so he stays in the later rounds lol.

6. Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

7. James Brown, OT, Troy

TC Depth Chart:

QB- Romo, Kitna, McGee
                            RB- Murray, Jones, Tanner
                            FB- Fiametta
                            TE- Witten, Phillips, Ellison(R)
                            WR- Austin, Bryant, Robinson, Ogletree, Holley/Harris
                            LT- T. Smith, Parnell
                            LG- Kosier, Nagy
                            C- Hardwick(FA), Costa
                            RG- Zeitler(R), Arkin
                            RT- Free, Brown(R)

5T- Hatcher, Lissemore
                            5T- Spears, Coleman
                            NT- Ratliff, Brent
                            ROLB- Ware
                            LOLB- Upshaw(R), Butler
                            MLB- Lee, Carter
                            WLB- Jackson(FA), Albright?
                            LC- Finnegan(FA), Judie(R)
                            RC- Jenkins, Jackson(R), Walker/Ball
                            Slot- Scandrick
                            FS- Elam, Smith(R),
                            SS- Sensabaugh, Church, McCray
                            I'm all aboard that plan. We may differ in the draft, but for me that is always changing anyways.

Comment

• How old is lil ole cortie?

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                                How old is lil ole cortie?

(tenchar)
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Working...