Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thing I like about Finnegan is I think he is a future FS anyway.

Comment

• Excellent....always thought Finnegan was a punk(on the field, fiesty, not a knucklehead off the field), but a damn good CB. Didn't realize he was only 27.

Comment

• Finnegan is the exact type of swag and demeanor we need in our secondary and defense overall. Love the signing.

Not a bad plan overall, but I'm getting a big body at NT. Ratliff has been balling of late, but a true NT with Ratliff and Hatcher at DE would be such and upgrade.

Comment

• I don't know about y'all, but I don't think Lissemore has done a bad job at NT...and think we may be able to get away with leaving NT off the draft board.

Basically on the defensive side of the ball I look at:
          CB, Spencer's replacement, Safety or NT. I think Safety is more important right now.

Offensively:
          OL, OL....TE....QB

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
            Finnegan is the exact type of swag and demeanor we need in our secondary and defense overall. Love the signing.

Not a bad plan overall, but I'm getting a big body at NT. Ratliff has been balling of late, but a true NT with Ratliff and Hatcher at DE would be such and upgrade.
            I do think NT is somewhere on the needs list but you have to take everything into account. If we let Spencer walk and cut Newman there are much bigger holes at CB and OLB, and then you have to address the OL in some form or fashion... I just don't see us bringing in a high priced NT. Sure you can draft one but there's not really a standout NT in this draft class, at least not one that I'm drafting over an impact LB like Upshaw or a reliable Guard prospect like Zeitler in Round 2.

Let's not forget about Brent either, he's been out with a knee injury for a while but he showed promise as a rookie... and like FreshBoy said, Lissemore has played well. We already have young guys on the roster we can groom.

I get that you want to see Ratliff kicked out to End, it makes sense based on his physical makeup... it's just the team has never really shown interest in making that move. And to be honest, our run defense hasn't been too bad this year.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Finisher, I like your plan.

I really like the idea of pass rusher or CB in the first round and then interior OL in the 2nd.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Fiametta is back....he's a real difference maker it seems:

IRVING, Texas ‘«Ű A key component will return to the Cowboys‘«÷ suddenly sputtering running game this week.

Fullback Tony Fiammetta, who missed the last three games with a mystery illness, said he has been cleared by doctors and will participate in Wednesday‘«÷s practice and play in Sunday‘«÷s NFC East showdown against the New York Giants.

‘«£It‘«÷s going to be awesome,‘«ō Fiammetta said. ‘«£I‘«÷ve been waiting for it. I feel great. It‘«÷s a good time to come back, big game, and I want to make a difference.

Comment

• That's good news. I guess Chapas is back to the PS.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• :/ I hate praising Garrett because I know he'll call a bad game to balance it out.

Excellent article on blogging the boys out the game strategy and some questions for Garrett. -_- Like abandoning the run and only giving Murray 12 carries. Removing a botched play and a scramble we had 4.3 yards per carry. 'Zona was blitzing the hell out of the middle and yet we never broke out our screen game. *sigh*

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...owboys-in-loss
                    Originally posted by D-Unit
                    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• What do you guys think about the Cowboys signing DeSean Jackson in free agency?

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
                        What do you guys think about the Cowboys signing DeSean Jackson in free agency?
                        Want nothing to do with him. Our money can be better used. His attitude is the worst I've ever seen from any player at any position in the history of the NFL.

Comment

• I'd pass on Desean. As long as he is out of the NFC east, I'll be happy.

Comment

• How big is Lissemore?

Comment

• 6'4 300

He's shown some sparks here and there. I like him.

Comment

• Disclaimer: Maybe a bit long, I haven't talked about the game yet.

I usually try and wait a day or so until after the game's over if it was a loss to discuss it because I'm always so pissed, maybe it's just the way our team tends to lose that does that to me.

So, all that being said let's get straight to the obvious.

While there could be a laundry list of reasons we lost to Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals, it has to start with how the end of the game was butchered. Garret can beat around the bush in press conferences all he wants to(it's clear he'll never answer a question without being a robot and giving off a programmed response) but not only did he slaughter the end of this game numerous ways, but actions speak louder then words and once again he's showing he has absolutely no trust in Tony Romo what so ever.

When Dez catches the pass we have roughly 28 seconds left and two timeouts, in what scenario, ever in the history of football, would you catch the ball there and not call a TO? I bet every single 1 of us who watched it were screaming to take a timeout, yet were just fans, so something like that doesn't sit right with me.

That's not even getting to what decision to make yet, but the only decision to do there is call a TO, I'll give you a 5% ratio that says spike it and even that was better then what we did.

On what planet do you settle for a 49 yard fg when you have nearly 30 seconds and a TO to make it anything closer? Even 5-7 yards is a huge help to get it near a 40 yarder.

Then, to compound all those issues even worse, he decides to run off clock, spike it at an odd time, then rush Bailey out there to kick it after that. Why not just call a TO there in the 1st place instead of spiking it? It's like we didn't know wtf we wanted to do. If you want to wait and kick it you call a TO with 4 seconds, get everyone set up properly, and kick it.

Instead Garret was prepared to go home with 2 TO's in his pocket for some reason, until he decided to call a TO without looking to see if Bailey had enough time to kick, which again never happens if you call 1 in the first place.

That's just unacceptable from a HC for me, and what pissed me off is I listed to the presser this afternoon and there was absolutely no accountability from him like you'd like to hear. Know what makes me admire Rex Ryan? He's steps up after a loss, and puts everything on him. He says it was him, he uses words like "I", says he needs to do better, owns up to his mistakes, the whole 9 yards.

All Garret referred to was "we", and didn't own up to anything. I really think there is a huge disconnect going on with our team we don't know more about, because the way this game, and the Patroits game ended is baffling to me. This was like it was his first game coaching.

Now I know the running game stalled and wasn't working, AZ played great, line sucked, all that jazz, but if you get Bailey within 40 yards he's automatic. I even posted back in training camp when it was a battle that if there was a knock on Bailey that's it, even in College. He's not a good long ball kicker at all and his accuracy is very spotty, 50+ yard kicks it'll look alot like we saw.

Inside of 40 he's money, he just doesn't have a very strong leg. Maybe that was why we kept Buehler around I don't know, but not worried about him at all. I'm just sick of this team pissing away games, it'd be different if we just flat out got beat but we always find a way to do something mind blowing.

Garret is afraid to put the ball in Romo's hands late in games now, he can say he isn't a thousand times but you can go back to the old attage 'actions speak louder then words'.

Then to make matters worse they had to put A-Rod on after just to show everyone how it's done. Can you imagine Green Bay ending a game how we did? New Orleans? We are good enough to win a playoff game this year, but were not even close to being good enough to beat those teams. /rant

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information