Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles and Fiammetta returning should help our offense immensely.

On the bright side, we are getting healthy at the right time. I still don't have any trust at all in this football team though.

Just by the feel of the season, I doubt we beat the Giants sunday night.
    Last edited by CDCB14; 12-05-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• LL, beautiful post. You're right. I do think the reason why he didn't call a timeout was because he was afraid to let Romo run a play where he'd mess it up. He probably felt it was close enough to put the game on the shoulders of the kicker rather than risk another play that would result in yet another Romo collapse.

Comment

• My eyes have just been opened. While we've been talking all this Miles Austin trade nonsense... here's what we need to do...

TRADE TONY ROMO.

Bigger return and a better way forward. Let's get Matt Barkley!

Comment

• There's a good way to set your franchise back years. Lets trade our star QB for a rookie! haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            There's a good way to set your franchise back years. Lets trade our star QB for a rookie! haha.
            Better for the long term. Tony ain't taking this team anywhere. He really isn't. Division titles, some playoff wins... but never a SB win. That's way too much to ask of him.

Rookie QBs are coming in the league and doing better than ever. It doesn't mean setting your franchise back for years anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Better for the long term. Tony ain't taking this team anywhere. He really isn't. Division titles, some playoff wins... but never a SB win. That's way too much to ask of him.

Rookie QBs are coming in the league and doing better than ever. It doesn't mean setting your franchise back for years anymore.
              LOL epic. Posts like these make me wonder if people watch football or simply play Madden. GTFO with that **** D.

Tony played extremely well against the 'Cards with no time. He's been playing well and still doesn't get his due. If we win it's the team if we lose it's Tony with you. Top 4 this season in passer rating with some ELITE company and the worst offensive line in the group. Tony's fault the oline can't keep a pocket though. 100%.

Rookie QBs are rookies. Gabbert has done amazing! Hell the more "sure thing" this season was trading for Kolb... who is playing wonderfully!

I am glad we have Jerry Jones as owner/GM and not you D because I'd have to become a fan of another team :P To your credit you'd have at least 30 draft picks every year to go along with a losing record. :D
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• If we had a backup or there was a free agent available that could instill some fear into defenses...I'd take a package like Oakland gave up for Carson for Romo...but then you're conceding the next 2-3 years, and the primes of quite a few SB capable players.

Romo's fully capable of winning a SB. I'm not even sure why he's brought up after what he's done the past few weeks.
                Last edited by FreshBoy!; 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• D, you're insane.

Even if Garrett is afraid of Romo, which I think is wrong, he could have called a running play. Again, the error wasn't the TO; the error was in not calling the TO after Dez's catch and trying to get a little closer.

After hearing more of Garrett's presser last night, I'm very very concerned about Garrrett. It has reinforced my belief that he has to get an OC in here so he can manage the game on this team.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I know how hard is it take guys. ...because Romo is better than a lot of other QBs. But I honestly don't think he's a guy that will win a SB.

Comment

• Yeah. Don't know about that D. What's with you and the QB obsession lately?

Comment

• I don't believe in any of that "this QB can and this QB can't win a superbowl" garbage. Football is the ultimate team sport and it is all a matter of circumstance.

If you put the patriots in the superbowl and swapped out Romo for brady, I'd have the same confidence that they would win the game depending on who they were playing.

I'll say it again, football is the ultimate team sport. To much blame is given to the QB. Romo played great against the cardinals, it wasnt his fault that the interior OL never got off the bus...

QB is not an issue. Romo has moxy. Your wrong D-Unit.

Comment

• I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I'll be right until it happens, but it's not really about being right or wrong. It's believing what's in front of my eyes and I just can't see it. How many excuses will you give him? From my standpoint, his excuses from you guys will be endless. You will blame the HC, OC, the OL, the DC, the defense, the GM... you'll blame everyone but him. I don't get it.

In a perfect world, I fire Jason Garrett, promote Rob Ryan as HC and hire Norv Turner as OC. Then I trade Tony Romo for 2 first rounders and other picks to get Matt Barkley and upgrade the defense and OL. I go heavy in FA to fix C and ILB. I would almost guarantee a SB in 3 years. Something I can't believe in with Tweetle Dee (Garrett) and Tweetle Dumb (Romo).

Comment

• I'm with you man, it's tough to have confidence down the stretch when your QB has failed time and time again when the lights get bright. As a fan you have to roll with it because he's our QB but in the back of my mind I just know he will fail us when it matters most.

It also doesn't help when your HC/OC constantly sets him up to fail. It's just not a SB recipe.

I hold out hope every December that this will be the year we take that next step and rise to the occasion but it's beginning to get old... losing like we did Sunday isn't very reassuring.

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post

If you put the patriots in the superbowl and swapped out Romo for brady, I'd have the same confidence that they would win the game depending on who they were playing.
                            lol, COME ON MAN! You can't expect to be taken seriously with a statement like that.
                            Last edited by TheFinisher; 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM.
                            Cowboys Mock:
                            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• You have guys like Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer that have won a SB. I'd argue that Romo is better than any of those guys. It would be stupid to trade him IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Norm Hitzges goes in on Garrett.

http://theticket.com/Portals/2/UserF...-5-podcast.mp3
                                Cowboys Mock:
                                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information