This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    If Miles pulls up lame again versus the Giants i'm personally going to Arlington to curb stomp his ass.
    I just laughed. Haha. Touche. I'll help.

Comment

• I have said for some time that it is hard for me to think Tony Romo can string together 3 (less yet 4) good-enuff games versus Playoff Caliber teams to win a SB.

I also think along with D-Unit that Garrett is doing everything in his power to make sure Romo does not lose us games. From play calling on the Offense to how the D is told to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        My eyes have just been opened. While we've been talking all this Miles Austin trade nonsense... here's what we need to do...

TRADE TONY ROMO.

Bigger return and a better way forward. Let's get Matt Barkley!
        I am totally for trading both guys, using this draft to restock positions in need.

QB, ILB, OG/C, DE, Safety.

I also think that a Matt Barkley with a better run blocking OL, Dez, Martellus, Murray and the D ... can be just as 9-7 as Tony Romo.

Comment

• Cleveland would give up the ranch for Romo. Minnesota would. Seattle would.

All teams desperate to be good now.

Heck even add the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
            Cleveland would give up the ranch for Romo. Minnesota would. Seattle would.

All teams desperate to be good now.

Heck even add the Jets.
            Seeing Tony get traded on draft day and us landing Barkley would make me so happy that I would probably cry.

This of course after seeing Garrett get the axe.

Comment

• The only problem is that there are quite a few star players on the Cowboys that would be too old to be a part of any winning Barkley teams. Ware, Ratliff, and Austin would probably be wasting their prime years during Barkley's development.

Of course, they could always draft new stars to surround Barkley in ensuing years, but that's never a guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
                The only problem is that there are quite a few star players on the Cowboys that would be too old to be a part of any winning Barkley teams. Ware, Ratliff, and Austin would probably be wasting their prime years during Barkley's development.

Of course, they could always draft new stars to surround Barkley in ensuing years, but that's never a guaranteed.
                See, I disagree there. Having guys like that will help the new guy out all the more. If we had a new rookie QB with a bad surrounding cast, THEN our franchise would be set back for years. I just don't feel like that's the case with us. I think a new rookie QB would have a great surrounding cast to enable him to take off right away.

Comment

• We could always just trade Romo, draft a QBOTF, and sign Peyton Manning for a few years.

:)
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Too many people playing too much Madden around here.

Comment

• Listen, the best option right now is go into attributes, bump up Romo's accuracy,speed and awareness to 99. We're good to go. Also putting the league on 'Rookie' difficulty will help us out as well. Leggo.

Comment

• Jerry isn't trading Romo unless someone offers him a Herschel Walker deal. Like it or not, even at his worst Romo is a top 15 QB in this league and top five when he is on. The issue is inconsitancy with the offensive line, the combination of a center who can't snap the ball, a Left tackle who cant defend a bull rush, and aging guards are a recipe for mediocrity. At this point I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another tackle in the first round, moving Doug Free to guard and signing Carl Nicks to nips this in the butt once and for all.

On another note, I would seriously consider taking a look at Calais Campbell, he has been a beast all season and he made Free look like he was signed from the practice squad.

Comment

• Doug Free is not a G. All you'd really have to do is flip-flop Tyron and Free.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Doug Free is not a G. All you'd really have to do is flip-flop Tyron and Free.
                            I disagree, Free could make a solid guard imo. His ability to get out in space and trap block could make him a valuable asset inside.

Comment

• Free doesn't have the strength to go toe to toe with 315 pound mauling DT's, he needs to stay at tackle. He has always had good feet, it's his strength at the point of attack that has been a problem.

Comment

• Free really is all feet...we could use some maulers inside. Free would be just fine on the right side again. And if he continues to **** the bed for whatever reason, at the very least, he's not guarding Tony's blind side.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information