This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
    Objective? You are asking everyone else to be objective on Tony...

I don't know what to tell you. We point to the fact that he is top 4 in passer rating this year. Top 5 all-time. He is going to break every Cowboy passing record. His escape ability leads to our offensive line looking only terrible as opposed to the worst in the league. He's been efficient and the best human (Robo-Rodgers doesn't count) QB in the league the past 6 weeks. Yet those points are blind homerism and your baseless "Tony Romo will never win one" lane which can't be defended unless you are a fortune teller (if so can I have the powerball numbers?).

Sigh. Not sure what to say D. Super bowls are won by teams. If you can honestly take a step back and look at the Cowboys and point to Romo as the reason we can't win a Superbowl... I find myself severely questioning your ability to comprehend football.

Our offensive line is putrid. They cannot block well enough to establish any sort of pocket/running lanes against teams strong up the middle. This would be a solid place to start when saying "We cannot win a SB because.."

If you'd like another our MLBs (aside from Sean "Bruce" Lee) are slow, decrepit and extremely poor tacklers. On top of that their idea of coverage is akin to having AT&T in the middle of the ocean. This again would be an excellent place to point the finger of "We cannot win a SB because..."

Counting this season as a whole: 64.7% completion, 3,325 yards, 22 TD - 9 INT and been sacked 24 times.

The last 6 games? 67.7% completion; 11 TD - 2 INT;

I 100% buy that we're all frustrated and need somewhere to loss the rage. That just doesn't point to Tony. Ask Santa for a competent pass rusher, interior olineman, or a capable MLB to pair with Sean Lee before asking for a new QB to toss behind a wretched line.
    All I read there was that it was everybody else's fault except Tony's.

Let the excuses flow. Let it flow....

So what? When we fix the rest of our problems around Tony and he wins it all, then he'll get most of the credit right??? But until then, it's not his fault and it's the fault of his teammates. Ah gotcha.

If we fix everything outside of QB, Jamarcus Russell could lead that kind of team to the SB. It's Tony's job to take us there NOW despite being an unperfect team! That's what great QBs do. I could give a crap that he has a Top 4 QB rating. Those ratings are ridiculous and it doesn't factor strength of schedule. LOOK WHO WE PLAYED!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      All I read there was that it was everybody else's fault except Tony's.

Let the excuses flow. Let it flow....

So what? When we fix the rest of our problems around Tony and he wins it all, then he'll get most of the credit right??? But until then, it's not his fault and it's the fault of his teammates. Ah gotcha.

If we fix everything outside of QB, Jamarcus Russell could lead that kind of team to the SB. It's Tony's job to take us there NOW despite being an unperfect team! That's what great QBs do. I could give a crap that he has a Top 4 QB rating. Those ratings are ridiculous and it doesn't factor strength of schedule. LOOK WHO WE PLAYED!
      I don't mean any disrespect, but to be honest D-Unit, I thought you knew more about sports than this.

Stop overreacting and being an idiot after one lose. Sure, it was terrible. I have no trust in this team either. But who expected to win the super bowl this year? Nobody. Is this team headed in the right direction? Hell yes. This team is on its way to being a perennial contender, we just need a few more pieces.

These last 3 pages or so of posts are a joke. Stop.

Lets talk about the match up with the Giants please.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        I don't mean any disrespect, but to be honest D-Unit, I thought you knew more about sports than this.

Stop overreacting and being an idiot after one lose. Sure, it was terrible. I have no trust in this team either. But who expected to win the super bowl this year? Nobody. Is this team headed in the right direction? Hell yes. This team is on its way to being a perennial contender, we just need a few more pieces.

These last 3 pages or so of posts are a joke. Stop.

Lets talk about the match up with the Giants please.
        OK, I'll try to stop being an idiot after one "lose".

I don't know what makes you think it's appropriate to insult anyone else on this board.

Comment

• D. I'm not making the argument that we need to fix everything in order for Romo to win. I'm saying unless you are talking about Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning (when healthy) I'm not buying that they lead this team to a SB. Our problem with winning isn't Romo it is the points I made above.

If your running game is struggling because they have no running lanes do you draft the best RB because it will fix the problem? No! You draft a better line to maximize the talent running behind it.

Check out BtB's latest article ("Beyond Passer Rating: Comparing the NFC East").

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...nning-Grossman

Tony Romo is the best NFC East QB when under pressure, with Manning taking up the second spot. Michael Vick, who less than three months ago told Yahoo's Michael Silver, "You can't design a defense to stop me", is particularly susceptible to pressure. Vick threw nine of his eleven interceptions while under pressure. Pressure Vick and he'll fold; give him a clean pocket and you'll be down 21-0 five minutes into the second quarter.
          Romo is covering up a glaring problem with our offensive line (and he always has...). My point is can you imagine giving him a reliable pocket? He's proven he can be a top NFL QB with a porous line I'm just saying fix the line before questioning his ability to lead the team.

Not to beat a dead horse but...

Texas lore holds that the legendary UT football coach Darrell Royal once said, "Three things can happen when you pass the football, and two of them are bad."

Obviously, there is no stat that measures a QBs decision making. However, in today's pass-heavy NFL, the passer who can pass effectively while minimizing his mistakes is going to be the more succesful player. In the NFC East this year, despite all the headlines to the contrary, that is Tony Romo. He has the fewest interceptions per pass attempt, remains the most effective under pressure and is right up there in terms of accuracy and deep ball passing skills.
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy!
            Not bad...His play has been decent...still want a young Safety opposite him, but we have more pressing issues on OL and CB....
            That's how I feel. I an ok with Sensy and Elam for now while we upgrade CB's, depth at ILB, and O-line. I want two more CB's that are worth a damn next year. I wish Grimes would be available.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur
              Another site is reporting the Cowboys and Sensibaugh are close to a 5 year $22m extension.
              Too much for a JAG.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                Too much for a JAG.
                4.4 mil/season for a starting safety ranking top 10 for the season (PFF). For those keeping track at home that's ahead of all the super insanely pricy FAs this last summer (including the "steal" of Otogwe). Also can't look at the terms yet to figure how much of it is actually guaranteed.

Sensy is having a great season it's Elam who has been the question mark (aside from his excellent leadership). Having a solid partnership of Elam/Sensy lets us splash in places we actually need to spend money on (OLB opposite Ware, future CB, and interior offensive line).
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• No matter how much it would've been, it would've been "too much" for some posters. I think it's a pretty good deal. Am I content with Sense? Sure...he's played well...That doesn't mean they can't continue to try to hit on Safety in the draft to upgrade both spots. It's just one less thing to worry about going forward. Much more pressing needs.

Comment

• Well this should be a great game! I am counting it as a win already. In fact, I think our 3 man rush will do wonders! Imagine, 3 players, not getting any pressure on the QB. Giving Romo so much time it may actually confuse him! Imagine that! Maybe he won't see Witten wide open due to a blown coverage like we do every week. Does he miss wide open people with 10-45 seconds of time? I can't tell. The past QBs haven't missed wide open people.

Don't worry though! We won't adjust, it's all part of our plan. It's called the rush 3 and drop 8 scheme. You haven't played us yet so you guys will see it! You will be in awe of how long we can give an opposing QB time in the pocket AND blow a coverage probably on the same play! It's amazing actually!

Comment

• I see what you're doing there!

hahaha, should be a great game. No idea what to expect. I see a scenario where Dallas comes out guns a blazing....and routing the Giants. Everyone crowning them, and Philly eating their lunch again in a couple weeks.

Every other scenario is the Boys losing a close game, and then finishing the season strong. I just hope they can take care of business at home....T.New better come to play..

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                        I see what you're doing there!

hahaha, should be a great game. No idea what to expect. I see a scenario where Dallas comes out guns a blazing....and routing the Giants. Everyone crowning them, and Philly eating their lunch again in a couple weeks.

Every other scenario is the Boys losing a close game, and then finishing the season strong. I just hope they can take care of business at home....T.New better come to play..

Who will he cover? Nicks? The one interesting thing is you guys get to see a more developed JPP and Cruz. You guys haven't seen Cruz yet since he was on IR last year, his rookie year. Now he is a second year guy, or basically his rookie year now, so you guys have yet to see him, expect for on tape.

So I am interested on who covers him. How many CBs do you have?

I think it will be a shootout with us losing. The GB game was good, in terms of the offense. I like it a lot! Perry Fewell is terrible and his side of the ball will cost us the game!

Comment

• Cruz plays in the slot a lot right? Probably Scandrick on Cruz, and T.New on Manningham(Is he playing?)

Jenkins on Nicks on the otherside.

Comment

• Is Orlando S good? I'd take that match up on Cruz. So far no team has been able to really contain Victor Cruz. He is more of a home run threat than Steve Smith ever was. This undrafted free agent signing could be a lightning in the bottle type signing.

Comment

• Scandrick is still mistake prone...but he's having a really good season overall. He can still get a little grabby, miss some key tackles, and he's a penalty machine on ST, but you couldnt really have asked him to do much better this year. He's stepped his game up. He and Jenkins have typically been very good this season. He did a great job on Welker, as well. Jenkins has been the best and most consistent in coverage...when he's playing :(...but Scandrick has been good as well.

Just throw near Newman, Walker, Ball and the middle of the field, and you'll be just fine. We still have some soft ass zones in the middle.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-10-2011, 01:49 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• If Scott's mock really played out like that...I would be all over grabbing another 1st rounder. Adding Ingram and one of Decastro or Cordy would be sick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information