X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJJ888
    Will you ever get a new Sig?

Comment

• Henry's best asset is his ability to play physical press coverage. His biggest liability is he gives up some big plays.

How does that make you want to move him to safety?

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
        Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        Listen, I'm going to respond once to you once and then be done.

In the first place, it is readily apparent by the way that you express yourself that you are either a very young boy, or someone with a maturity problem. This comes across in two ways : 1) the way that your posts are structured, in reference to the rhythm and flow of your speech and 2) the way that you quickly degenerate into name-calling and malicious accusations when confronted about the inanity of your posts. Don't think people can't tell.

In the second place, it has been obvious from the day that you signed on (not even a month ago, and yet you are throwing yourself around as if you are a 10-year vet) that you simply do not understand the way that personnel is evaluated for NFL purposes. For example, the way that you are so in love with the idea of Roy Williams moving to LB, which is one of the most common assertions for the novice evaluator. The line of reasoning goes like this : "Roy Williams is a safety, yet he hits really hard, plays the run very well, and often struggles in coverage.......why don't we just move him to LB?".

Well, the consequences of doing something like that are far reaching, and not nearly as simple to implement. The biggest thing is body frame. Every person has what you call an "ideal weight", where their body operates at its most premium level. This is determined in large part by the skeletal frame of the individual, as well as the body mass and muscle level....in addition to the person's metabolism. Roy Williams optimum weight is between 215-225, which is about 25-35 pounds below the mark that a player needs to be at to play LB in our scheme. In addition to that, he is a player that relies upon building up a head of steam, and is used to working in space....as opposed to taking on OGs and TEs like he would be required to as a LB.

Needless to say, it's a stupid idea. Parcells has enumerated on more than one occassion to that effect. Roy has the ability to be a great safety, but he would be out-manned at LB. So, this is the type of crap that you push off as being the off-the-cuff, "hey, this is a good idea" course that you propose this team should take, but in reality is something that would only work in the world of Madden. This goes for your idea of moving Henry to FS, as well as some of your other even crazier ideas. It is not as simple as you make it out to be, and that is why I advised that you should stick to your day job.

Again, no rudeness intended.
        I never wanted, or want to, move Roy to LB with this D. Please show me the post cuz it don't exist. Are just another liar or delusional? Have other thoughts but not that one.

No rudeness intended.

Henry played some FS last week, so I guess the Cowboys D staff is crazy too. Still don't understand why Henry to FS is crazy. Not like CB to FS has not been done. Regardless, have yet to hear any analysis as to whether he can or he should. Just blanket statements with no analysis or facts. Got facts?

Again, no rudeness intended.

Don't let your wordy posts and gravitas tone fool you -- you are frustrated GM on a message board with very little to say.

Again, again, no rudeness intended.

Darren Woodson went from LB to FS, Tedy Bruschi from NT to ILB, Junior Seau from OLB to ILB, Trevor Pryce from OLB to NT, Davis in Carolina from S to OLB -- and YES, Roy, in a 4-3, could play WOLB. But Dallas does not run that Defense so he will never do it in this type of D -- by the way that is called circular reasoning which is what you are using with the Roy argument.

Again, again, again, no rudeness intended.

I suggested actually that Roy could be one of our nickel linebackers...he worked there in camp...obviously his coverage skills are not spectacular but he can hit and tackle like a linebacker, which is what is really important in the nickel. Doing that would allow us to pair 2 better safeties in deep patrol while alleviating some of the problems our linebackers are having...
        Not a bad idea. Don't know how it would work but it is a way of trying to use Roy better. Roy as a Rover / Freelancer on passing situations.

Comment

• Yeah anyone who wants to move Henry to safety is dumb. Pat Watkins is our starter there and I like him. A 6-5 ballhawk, we were all gettin a boner off him last year. Why can't we be patient with some of these guys? Watkins and Carp will be starters for the Cowboys so get used to it.
          "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdallas
            Henry's best asset is his ability to play physical press coverage. His biggest liability is he gives up some big plays.

How does that make you want to move him to safety?
            Well if we play more 2 Deep Zone to cover up for Roy and Watkins then Henry is also not being used to his best.

So what is the solution? Go back to Cover 1 in order to play into Roy and Anthony's strengths but pray Watkins develops or a pash rush develops????

To me, there is philosophy that need to emerge here on what kind of D makes sense. Based on selecting a strategy, personnel moves make sense.

I assume this team is moving towards a predominately 2 Deep Zone coverage scheme. So Press Corners are not as important. Everything I have read is this where teams are moving b/c of the way the rules have changed to benefit receivers.

But tell me the D we want and I have some ideas on personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Yeah anyone who wants to move Henry to safety is dumb. Pat Watkins is our starter there and I like him. A 6-5 ballhawk, we were all gettin a boner off him last year. Why can't we be patient with some of these guys? Watkins and Carp will be starters for the Cowboys so get used to it.
              Henry played some safety last week. Glenn played some safety versus Indy.

So what you say to that?

But, I think any Cowboy fan would prefer, pray, hope wish Watkins to develop. That is the best hope but .......

I think he can and his play last few weeks is proof of improvement and potential .... potential still.

Comment

• Thule, I know you are an ND guy but wow. A few thoughts from the game.

Zibby is not a Day 1 pick.

JaMarcus is a better prospect that Bradie. Bigger, Bigger Arm, Better mobility and more accurate with the ball. If Raiders don't take him -- they are nuts.

Bradie's performance versus the better teams on the ND schedule has been very bad. I know there is an overall talent gap but still. Even if you buy argument then you should then discount his great performance playing the 3 academies and other bottom tier talent.

ND needs some speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                  Do any of yall actually live in the Seattle area, do you know what the weather is supposed to be like for the game? Thanks.

low forties, rainy and breezy

sig by CalBears99
                  Originally posted by yodachu
                  I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

• We'll see what we can do in the playoffs, but even if we lose in the first round, we have not to forget that we have a young and very talented group..
                    We just need to wait and see how they will perform next year.. But we are set for many years, we have not many holes and we can be a very succesful team for a long time..
                    The pass rush problem could be solve this off-season. I still think that's a scheme problem, not players. Look at San Diego, they generate pressure even without Philipps and Merriman and that's because they have a very good 3-4 DC.. That's what we need on defense, because we have a lot of talented players.. I will still pick Nelson, Griffin or Landry if avaible. Watkins has potential, but those 3 have superstar potential. On offense we need a G, maybe a T and maybe a young WR to develope..

I don't want TO to go. He is our best offensive weapon and we have no one on our roster who can be a threat like him.. He's the most important reason why we have a good offense even without an amazing running game.. And no, Austin CAN'T replace Owens. He has potential, speed, size and so on, but he has shown me NOTHING. He went undrafted, and the fact that he is similar to Colston means NOTHING.
                    TO is TO. He makes some drops and so on, but there aren't many players like him. He can dominate a game as only a few WRs can do. I can't see an undrafted FA who has seen zero playing time this year replacing him.
                    I want Dwayne Bowe or someone like him to develope under TO wings..

And talking about the draft I want on of this players in the first two rounds:

Manuel Ramirez
                    Michael Griffin
                    Reggie Nelson
                    Dwayne Bowe
                    Daymon Hughes
                    Justin Blalock

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                      We'll see what we can do in the playoffs, but even if we lose in the first round, we have not to forget that we have a young and very talented group..
                      We just need to wait and see how they will perform next year.. But we are set for many years, we have not many holes and we can be a very succesful team for a long time..
                      The pass rush problem could be solve this off-season. I still think that's a scheme problem, not players. Look at San Diego, they generate pressure even without Philipps and Merriman and that's because they have a very good 3-4 DC.. That's what we need on defense, because we have a lot of talented players.. I will still pick Nelson, Griffin or Landry if avaible. Watkins has potential, but those 3 have superstar potential. On offense we need a G, maybe a T and maybe a young WR to develope..

I don't want TO to go. He is our best offensive weapon and we have no one on our roster who can be a threat like him.. He's the most important reason why we have a good offense even without an amazing running game.. And no, Austin CAN'T replace Owens. He has potential, speed, size and so on, but he has shown me NOTHING. He went undrafted, and the fact that he is similar to Colston means NOTHING.
                      TO is TO. He makes some drops and so on, but there aren't many players like him. He can dominate a game as only a few WRs can do. I can't see an undrafted FA who has seen zero playing time this year replacing him.

Manuel Ramirez
                      Michael Griffin
                      Reggie Nelson
                      Dwayne Bowe
                      Daymon Hughes
                      Justin Blalock
                      Looks exactly like mine. love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                        Originally posted by Modano
                        We'll see what we can do in the playoffs, but even if we lose in the first round, we have not to forget that we have a young and very talented group..

Manuel Ramirez
                        Michael Griffin
                        Reggie Nelson
                        Dwayne Bowe
                        Daymon Hughes
                        Justin Blalock
                        You think it is just a scheme problem?

I think it is good talent acquisition in the draft and training. SD has hit a hot streak with the dead GM and the current one.

Phillips and Merriman are impressive physical talents. 6'3 / 6'4, 260-270, Under 4.65.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                          Originally posted by Modano

Manuel Ramirez
                          Michael Griffin
                          Reggie Nelson
                          Dwayne Bowe
                          Daymon Hughes
                          Justin Blalock
                          Can't argue with the players picked. Looks fine.

I would add a Marshawn Lynch if he falls. Our Tailback situation is not stellar. Need a more instinctive runner with break away speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano

Manuel Ramirez
                            Michael Griffin
                            Reggie Nelson
                            Dwayne Bowe
                            Daymon Hughes
                            Justin Blalock
                            Austin has shown nothing? Wow. Don't ya think that is a little harsh?

He may, or may not, develop but Austin has as much talent as Bowe.

Not only that GMs are starting to come to the realization that so much talent in college is going into the WR position that you can get good value later in the draft.

But both the LSU WR guys are really good.

Comment

• Completed a 2 Round Mock the other day.

I have the Cowboys selecting Levi Brown in Round 1 and Jarvis Moss in Round 2.

Comment

• How would you guys rank your top needs in the upcoming offseason?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information