Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've always been a fan of D-Unit as a poster..I've lurked here for a while before posting....over the past few weeks though, I've seen him become literally one of the most one-sided and delusional posters here. Everything is Romo/Garrett's fault...none of the fault is due to Rob Ryan he's always has a built in excuse(no offseason, new package, no talent on defense).

    Wade had exactly the same issues in Houston, and he's turned that team around. Without their equivalent of Ware...D-Unit is remarkably see through these days. It's not a good look.

    Jerry tried to bring in Nmandi...but yet we still fault Jerry for not doing anything in the offseason to help the defense.

    Romo hangs 30+ on teams week in and out, yet we still somehow let the defense off the hook for allowing teams to come back from double digit deficits.

    Come on man...You're so biased and one-sided you're not even thinking logically. The ENTIRE TEAM has issues....Offense has struggled, Defense has struggled, Players have struggled, Coaches have struggled....fact of the matter is the Cowboys are a average team, with average talent, that will go as far as Romo will take them. They'll have to outscore teams and hope the Defense will hold. Rob Ryan hasn't held up his end of the bargain, especially considering how much he's talked this season.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
      We'll just have to agree to disagree. Miles adjustment was very late. He even said he lost it in the lights. Do you not believe him? It's not like the throw was 5 yards beyond him; that's a throw most NFL WRs make the adjustment and get to.
      Oh I believe him, and his reaction I think lends credence to this as well (looking up towards the lights). I just think Romo could have made a better throw, the fact that he had to make an adjustment was the issue.

      Comment


      • Cowboys need Play makers on D. They have none really.

        JPP made plays for the GMen. You need a few of those guys.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Damix View Post
          Oh I believe him, and his reaction I think lends credence to this as well (looking up towards the lights). I just think Romo could have made a better throw, the fact that he had to make an adjustment was the issue.
          Well, hell, you could say that about every throw. A ton of throws are complete because the WRs make an adjustment. Notice how there is a free rusher bearing down on Romo. He had to get rid of the ball quick.

          Remember the long completion Eli made to Nix has he was scrambling to his right? He threw that ball 900 feet into the air. There is no way that should have been complete, but Sensy was 30+ yards deep (and I'm not exagerating). That was freaking rediculous! That ball could have easily been picked. How about the ball into the endzone that Ball knocked down? Good grief, if he reaches two hands up, that should have been an INT. Elii could have VERY easily had 4 INTs last night. Eli is playing pretty well but he's also got some luck, mojo, whatever you want to call it going for him right now.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


          -Douglas MacArthur

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
            I posted this in BeerBaron's weekly thread and it's pretty much how I feel about this team right now.


            Dallas just needs to clean house and rebuild from the ground up. Their current group of core players has been together since 2006 and they have shown time and time again that they can't rise to the occasion on the big stage. There are some serious mental issues in that locker room and it's getting to the point where it's spilling out to the field where everyone watching the game can't help but see it. Players play scared because no one wants to be the guy who makes the big mistake and gets ripped by the media all week, there's no accountability and that includes the head coach. Garrett was in a state of denial all last week saying he would of handled the end of the Arizona game the exact same way if he had to do it over, actually trying to persuade people that he did the right thing.

            They lose games in improbable fashion and have become a laughing stock. I'd rather have a team of street FAs who have zero talent and get blown out every week but at least showed some pride in the process.

            /endrant
            He is 100% right.

            Cowboys, as a team, are weak and have been for years. Parcells knew it and actually talked about it before leaving. About guys in the locker room owning it and the results. A no excuses mentality where each guy knew what he need to do.

            Talent? Yes.
            Brains" Rarely.
            Heart? Not once yet.

            And that falls on the Vets who have been there from the mid-00s. The young guys can still be molded but when you are managed by softies .... nothing comes of it.

            Comment


            • And I didn't even mention Newman's dropped pick 6. :(
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


              -Douglas MacArthur

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                Well, hell, you could say that about every throw. A ton of throws are complete because the WRs make an adjustment. Notice how there is a free rusher bearing down on Romo. He had to get rid of the ball quick.

                Remember the long completion Eli made to Nix has he was scrambling to his right? He threw that ball 900 feet into the air. There is no way that should have been complete, but Sensy was 30+ yards deep (and I'm not exagerating). That was freaking rediculous! That ball could have easily been picked. How about the ball into the endzone that Ball knocked down? Good grief, if he reaches two hands up, that should have been an INT. Elii could have VERY easily had 4 INTs last night. Eli is playing pretty well but he's also got some luck, mojo, whatever you want to call it going for him right now.
                I brought this up last night. Ball and Newman win the game if they simply catch 2 balls right in their hands. Sensy if he did not play ridiculously bad coverage on that play mentioned.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Well, hell, you could say that about every throw. A ton of throws are complete because the WRs make an adjustment. Notice how there is a free rusher bearing down on Romo. He had to get rid of the ball quick.

                  Remember the long completion Eli made to Nix has he was scrambling to his right? He threw that ball 900 feet into the air. There is no way that should have been complete, but Sensy was 30+ yards deep (and I'm not exagerating). That was freaking rediculous! That ball could have easily been picked. How about the ball into the endzone that Ball knocked down? Good grief, if he reaches two hands up, that should have been an INT. Elii could have VERY easily had 4 INTs last night. Eli is playing pretty well but he's also got some luck, mojo, whatever you want to call it going for him right now.

                  Not sure how this became an Eli discussion.

                  Anyway, we can agree to disagree as you said. It ends as one of the pivotal plays of the game, so blame usually gets assigned even if sometimes their are just unfortunate circumstances.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    Not sure how this became an Eli discussion.

                    Anyway, we can agree to disagree as you said. It ends as one of the pivotal plays of the game, so blame usually gets assigned even if sometimes their are just unfortunate circumstances.
                    Well, I was trying to make the point that QBs don't always throw the ball right on the money. Sometimes it's the WR making adjustments and sometimes it's because the secondary sucks, like last night.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                      He is 100% right.

                      Cowboys, as a team, are weak and have been for years. Parcells knew it and actually talked about it before leaving. About guys in the locker room owning it and the results. A no excuses mentality where each guy knew what he need to do.

                      Talent? Yes.
                      Brains" Rarely.
                      Heart? Not once yet.

                      And that falls on the Vets who have been there from the mid-00s. The young guys can still be molded but when you are managed by softies .... nothing comes of it.
                      Which is exactly why I hated the Garrett hiring. He's a part of that group and it's almost impossible to implement a change in culture with an in-house guy. He's too friendly with our veterans and is quick to defend them after they **** up, and that's not gonna help anyone in our locker room develop a spine.
                      Cowboys Mock:
                      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                      Comment


                      • Anyone else getting kinda tired of Ware disappearing in big games..?

                        Comment


                        • Here's an old gem from way back in week 2. I'm looking at YOU D-Unit lol.

                          Originally posted by TheFinisher
                          Here's an interesting question I was asked today. If Denver cuts or wants to trade Tebow, would you be interested?

                          I'm personally not a believer in McGee so I would have no problem bringing in Tebow and seeing if we could develop him. Despite the hate he gets from the media, he's actually played pretty well when he's gotten the opportunity. I'd take him for something like a 4th.

                          Anyone else want to chime in on this hypothetical?
                          Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Neg rep for the mere mention of the idea. lol. jk. but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                          Cowboys Mock:
                          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                          Comment


                          • Guys I don't mean to troll here but I find some of your posts hilarious. At least the Cowboys have some hope of making the playoffs each year. Try being a Redskin fan. We have only gotten to mediocre at best over the last 20 years, usually we stink. You have no idea what suffering is.
                            Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

                            Comment


                            • Tebow ******* sucks. He's proving that quarterbacks don't win games like people parrot all the time. You don't win a game with 13 points because your QB is awesome. People should start giving the defense props for making it possible for his sorry ass to "win" games instead of spouting that idiocy that he's somehow magically winning these games for the Broncos.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

                              Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                              Comment


                              • Any chance Jerry runs out and hires Sparano to be OC? Like right now?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information