This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
    The worst part of this team is the big problems have been the same for YEARS ...

1) D can't get stops at the end of games or end of the 2nd Quarter
    2) Our LB in coverage are awful
    3) Our QB makes bone headed mistakes in key games
    4) Our play calling is pass heavy
    5) We have poor gap control on Defense and it starts with a NT that can't 2 gap.
    6) Our pass rush is suspect and it exposes safeties in deep coverage.
    7) Our CB are soft.
    8) We keep drafting guys who look great in shorts but are not great football players.
    Just to further prove my point, here are our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from the last 5 drafts:

2006- 1st- Bobby Carpenter, 2nd- Anthony Fasano, 3rd- Jason Hatcher
    2007- 1st- Anthony Spencer, 2nd- Traded for Roy Williams, 3rd- James Marten
    2008- 1st- Felix Jones, 1st- Mike Jenkins, 2nd- Martellus Bennett 3rd- Traded
    2009- 1st- Traded for Roy Williams, 2nd- Trade Down, 3rd- Jason Williams, 3rd- Robert Brewster
    2010- 1st- Dez Bryant, 2nd- Sean Lee, 3rd- Traded to Pats to move up for Dez
    2011- 1st- Tyron Smith, 2nd- Bruce Carter, 3rd- DeMarco Murray

Therefore, over the past 5 drafts we have drafted one, if you even call Jason Williams a workout warrior, and that was all the way in the 3rd round. Every other player we drafted was a good college football player. Obviously all picks didn't pan out (Carpenter, Marten, entire 2009 draft) but these past 5 classes probably rank in the top half of the league, even including the 2009 draft which we got pretty much nothing from.

You can even throw Dez and Tyron Smith in there, but there both developing into great players so your point is moot.

Yes, our two minute defense is horrific, our linebackers couldn't cover my mom in a phone booth, Ratliff isn't a true NT, we can be pass happy at times, and we could use some improved secondary play.

But claiming we draft to many workout warriors is just dead wrong. We hardly draft any. If anything, after about round 4, you want to draft workout warriors with potential so you can develop them, because odds are your not finding good players with good talent that late in the draft. Sign me up for workout warriors galore in round 5-7.

Comment

Jason Williams
      Robert Brewster
      Bruce Carter
      Stanback
      Dez Bryant
      Martellus Bennett
      Felix Jones
      Mike Jenkins
      Anthony Spencer
      Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

"Blind hate" for an organization that produces lots of mediocrity..... I guess if I have "blind hate" then it makes you a pom-pom b**ch.

And to correct you -- I said "look good in shorts" and that they were not "football players." That is somewhat different then work out warriors.

And let me be the first to say Dez and Jenkins might still get there.
      Jason Williams, Brewster, and Akwasi were all garbage, and they were 3rd and 4th round picks.

Mediocrity? Every team has mediocrity. This is the NFL. 31 teams go home losers every year. Just stop.

How can you say Dez, Felix, Mike Jenkins, Spencer, and Bruce Carter were bad picks because they look good in shorts? Dez is an animal, when healthy felix is a baller, Jenkins has gone to a pro-bowl and is playing a lot better, you can do alot worse than spencer, and Carter is still a rookie. LOL you are something else.

OBVIOUSLY they look good in shorts dude. They are physical specimens. This is the NFL, not high school baseball. They are all 6'3'' 245 pounds running 4.4 40's. What do you want them to look like? Fat and slow? Did Adrian peterson look good in shorts? What about Patrick Peterson? How about Calvin Johnson? Are they bad?

And did you really just bring stanback into this equation? The dude was a flyer 4th round pick 5 years ago.

Get outta here dude. Your not justified at all. This is the dumbest argument i've seen in a while. I know that you hate on everything even if the team won 5 straight super bowls, but get outta here bro. Goodnight Scrooge.
      Last edited by CDCB14; 12-25-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        Jason Williams, Brewster, and Akwasi were all garbage, and they were 3rd and 4th round picks.

Mediocrity? Every team has mediocrity. This is the NFL. 31 teams go home losers every year. Just stop.

How can you say Dez, Felix, Mike Jenkins, Spencer, and Bruce Carter were bad picks because they look good in shorts? Dez is an animal, when healthy felix is a baller, Jenkins has gone to a pro-bowl and is playing a lot better, you can do alot worse than spencer, and Carter is still a rookie. LOL you are something else.

OBVIOUSLY they look good in shorts dude. They are physical specimens. This is the NFL, not high school baseball. They are all 6'3'' 225 pounds running 4.4 40's. What do you want them to look like? Fat and slow? Did Adrian peterson look good in shorts? What about Patrick Peterson? How about Calvin Johnson? Are they bad?

And did you really just bring stanback into this equation? The dude was a flyer 4th round pick 5 years ago.

Get outta here dude. Your not justified at all. This is the dumbest argument i've seen in a while. I know that you hate on everything even if the team won 5 straight super bowls, but get outta here bro. Goodnight Scrooge.
        You are such a damn argumentative idiot.

You ask for example of us drafting guys who are athletic but not great football players -- I give you the list -- then you proceed to excuse away the less than stellar performance these players have given this organization.

Ostrich meet sand. BRO!!!!!! Good night Peter Pan!

Comment

• Did Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, T.O., Randy Moss, Reggie White, Too Tall Jones, Walter Peyton, Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, Gale Sayers, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, OJ Simpson, or Bo mother f*ckin Jackson look bad in shorts?

I don't think so. I bet they all looked pretty damn sexy. So they must have been bad right?

Just stop. Later kid.

Comment

You are such a damn argumentative idiot.

You ask for example of us drafting guys who are athletic but not great football players -- I give you the list -- then you proceed to excuse away the less than stellar performance these players have given this organization.

Ostrich meet sand. BRO!!!!!! Good night Peter Pan!
            How is Dez, Bruce Carter, Mike Jenkins, or Felix not good football players? They are lol. The only one I would downgrade to SOLID would be spencer.

You're unreal dude. But you're right, if you don't have 4 straight lombardi trophies and 2678432 hall of famers on your current roster the team is awful.

You argument in baseless.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ew-york-giants

Here pretty much sums up how I feel.

Comment

How is Dez, Bruce Carter, Mike Jenkins, or Felix not good football players? They are lol. The only one I would downgrade to SOLID would be spencer.

You're unreal dude. But you're right, if you don't have 4 straight lombardi trophies and 2678432 hall of famers on your current roster the team is awful.

You argument in baseless.
                I would never use the word "SOLID" to describe Felix or Carter or Dez. More like injury prone.

And, no, 4 Lombardis in a row is not my measuring stick. You have presented an insane argument to try and discredit what the link above RATIONALLY says and what I agree with.

Over the last 15 years, we have sucked and one common denominator exists. Jerrah, the organization as you call it.

The only irrational person here is you with your BRO and man crushes on guys who look good in shorts. So, hope springs eternal!
                Last edited by yanksknicks; 12-25-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ew-york-giants

Here pretty much sums up how I feel.
                  Not that I believe the Cowboys will win next week, but you and JJT should go on a dinner date. You'd probably get married by Valentine's Day!

JJT is arguably the worst sports writer in the nation and the most blind cowboys hater i've ever seen. I think Romo must've piped his girl...

Comment

I would never use the word "SOLID" to describe Felix or Carter or Dez. More like injury prone.

And, no, 4 Lombardis in a row is not my measuring stick. You have presented an insane argument to try and discredit what the link above says and what I agree with.
                    How can you claim those guys only looked good in shorts? Dez, Carter, Felix, Spencer, and Jenkins were all multiple time all-conference and/or all-americans in college. Your argument has no validity at all. If we drafted vernon gholston or aaron maybin you'd have a case, but we didn't....

Comment

• Another example of why we suck.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-went-dow.html

Comment

How can you claim those guys only looked good in shorts? Dez, Carter, Felix, Spencer, and Jenkins were all multiple time all-conference and/or all-americans in college. Your argument has no validity at all. If we drafted vernon gholston or aaron maybin you'd have a case, but we didn't....
                        Not good football players. None of them. Great athletes.

Comment

• And worse yet, I will be glued to the TV next Sunday and likely be shaking my head trying to figure out what the hell is <insert name> thinking on that play?

Comment

• I purposely delayed posting anything until I let the emotion of the game subside and I could actually think clearly about my thoughts on the team. I think Trogdor hit the nail on the head, we knew who this team was walking into the season, everyone picked out the weaknesses and tempered expectation. I dont see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over a 17 point loss without your starting QB for 90% of the game and a gimped RB.

Everyone and their brother knew it would have to be a shoot out of sorts to win this game. Philly has the kryptonite of this defense, athleticism across the board. Rob called a good game play, plenty of pressure; Vick was just too shifty in the pocket and escaped plenty of almost sacks. Avoiding sacks and athletic players running through soft zone coverage equals what we saw. Offenses know the way to attack the defense is to run plenty of the spread and isolate the players not used to defending in space. Which there are plenty ( Brooking, James, Spencer or any lineman dropping into zone.)

Once Tony went down the game was over, McGee is a check down king afraid to throw the ball 10 yards down the field. No wonder why Jerry put in a claim for Orton and for all the Romo haters, that is what your team would look like without him. He may make mistakes but he masks a lot of flaws on this offense and keeps drives alive therefore keeping opposing offenses off of the field.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Akwasi Owusu Ansa? I remember loving him as a 3rd round steal in the 2010 draft.

Did the 'Boys ever give him a shot at playing safety?

Comment

• Originally posted by JBCX View Post
                                Whatever happened to Akwasi Owusu Ansa? I remember loving him as a 3rd round steal in the 2010 draft.

Did the 'Boys ever give him a shot at playing safety?
                                That was the plan all along. He just never looked comfortable. He wasn't a particularly good special teamer either. I loved the pick it just didn't pan out. With his size and skillset I wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a decent corner. Injuries slowed down his progress even further.

Think he was signed by the Jags most recently.

I'm just going to avoid those posts by yanks every week. It's becoming more and more irrational to even attempt to reason. Although I will poke at one point. :D

"Spencer is a GREAT athlete but not a football player". Umm. He sets the edge and is an excellent run stopper but doesn't have the athleticism to beat his man and get to the QB. He's the prototypical "football player" that lacks that elite measurable to finish the play. He shouldn't be a Cowboy next season but please stop the emotional rants lacking insight after every loss.
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information