Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opened up christmas gift to find Cowboys vs Giants tickets this coming week! Looks like it'll be a fun next weekend! Go Cowboys!

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
      Not good football players. None of them. Great athletes.
      And this makes absolutely no sense, what so ever. In the slightest bit.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        Just to further prove my point, here are our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from the last 5 drafts:

2006- 1st- Bobby Carpenter, 2nd- Anthony Fasano, 3rd- Jason Hatcher
        2007- 1st- Anthony Spencer, 2nd- Traded for Roy Williams, 3rd- James Marten
        2008- 1st- Felix Jones, 1st- Mike Jenkins, 2nd- Martellus Bennett 3rd- Traded
        2009- 1st- Traded for Roy Williams, 2nd- Trade Down, 3rd- Jason Williams, 3rd- Robert Brewster
        2010- 1st- Dez Bryant, 2nd- Sean Lee, 3rd- Traded to Pats to move up for Dez
        2011- 1st- Tyron Smith, 2nd- Bruce Carter, 3rd- DeMarco Murray

Therefore, over the past 5 drafts we have drafted one, if you even call Jason Williams a workout warrior, and that was all the way in the 3rd round. Every other player we drafted was a good college football player. Obviously all picks didn't pan out (Carpenter, Marten, entire 2009 draft) but these past 5 classes probably rank in the top half of the league, even including the 2009 draft which we got pretty much nothing from.

You can even throw Dez and Tyron Smith in there, but there both developing into great players so your point is moot.

Yes, our two minute defense is horrific, our linebackers couldn't cover my mom in a phone booth, Ratliff isn't a true NT, we can be pass happy at times, and we could use some improved secondary play.

But claiming we draft to many workout warriors is just dead wrong. We hardly draft any. If anything, after about round 4, you want to draft workout warriors with potential so you can develop them, because odds are your not finding good players with good talent that late in the draft. Sign me up for workout warriors galore in round 5-7.
        Jesus, those 06-09 drafts were outstanding. Haha We seem to have turned the corner the last 2 years, which is good news. Time will tell though. No wonder we're 8-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsc1600 View Post
          Jesus, those 06-09 drafts were outstanding. Haha We seem to have turned the corner the last 2 years, which is good news. Time will tell though. No wonder we're 8-7.
          Really though, we bounced back in a good way the past few years. It hurts when from 06-09 you didn't add any elite players to your team. Look how important those 4 players are to this team; Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, Tyron Smith, Demarco Murray.

And that's just from the last two years. Not adding anyone like that for a 3 year span hurt this team which is why we have the secondary play that we do. At this point we need Free Agency help as well.

Comment

• LOL, we draft poorly and we develop worse. That is why we are mediocre with the exception of one year in the last 17.

Comment

• The past two drafts have been really solid though:

Dez Bryant and Sean Lee are two potential pro bowlers.

Tyron Smith is a future perennial All-Pro, and Bruce Carter has alot of potential. DeMarco Murray looked great before the injury as well.

Comment

LOL, we draft poorly and we develop worse. That is why we are mediocre with the exception of one year in the last 17.
                And here is where you start trending your arguments to blame "Jerrah", the worst GM in the league.

But tell me this, with all the multiple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rders the Pats have had the past 3-4 years, why is it that they have a historically terrible defense, run by a man who is known as a defensive guru and has one of his defensive gameplans vs the Rams in the SB, in the hall of fame.

I'm stating that to tell you that the draft isn't a science, and even great organizations run into trouble getting it down. Some years will suck, thats' the way of life, not the way of Jerry Jones.

The Pats have actually drafted pretty terrible lately, with alot more picks to do it with. I know you only focus on one team, one GM, and everything he does is terrible, but pull up some drafts of the last 5 years of generally great run programs and you'll see consistency across the board.

Comment

• Week 17... For Division Title... In NY... On SNF

*sigh*

we all know how this ends.
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    And here is where you start trending your arguments to blame "Jerrah", the worst GM in the league.

But tell me this, with all the multiple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rders the Pats have had the past 3-4 years, why is it that they have a historically terrible defense, run by a man who is known as a defensive guru and has one of his defensive game plans vs the Rams in the SB, in the hall of fame.

I'm stating that to tell you that the draft isn't a science, and even great organizations run into trouble getting it down. Some years will suck, thats' the way of life, not the way of Jerry Jones.

The Pats have actually drafted pretty terrible lately, with alot more picks to do it with. I know you only focus on one team, one GM, and everything he does is terrible, but pull up some drafts of the last 5 years of generally great run programs and you'll see consistency across the board.
                    It is no coincidence the Patriots won SB with guys Bill Parcells drafted for the Pats. The god send for the Pats (which took them over the top) was the miracle of Brady -- and some lucky kicks. But the roster was lots of Parcells.

But you can excuse away allllllllllll you want -- the on constant is Jerry and yes he should be villified.

The other constant are the "rational" Jerrah fans who year after year come on talk shows and forums excusing away all the mediocrity.

Best things Jerrah ever did was hire Johnson and Parcells -- worst thing he did was let them leave and with their departure some element of "football smarts" and "football toughness" and "player accountability."

So mediocrity it is.

Comment

It is no coincidence the Patriots won SB with guys Bill Parcells drafted for the Pats. The god send for the Pats (which took them over the top) was the miracle of Brady -- and some lucky kicks. But the roster was lots of Parcells.

But you can excuse away allllllllllll you want -- the on constant is Jerry and yes he should be villified.

The other constant are the "rational" Jerrah fans who year after year come on talk shows and forums excusing away all the mediocrity.

Best things Jerrah ever did was hire Johnson and Parcells -- worst thing he did was let them leave and with their departure some element of "football smarts" and "football toughness" and "player accountability."

So mediocrity it is.
                      You realize that once Jerry moves on his son Stephen will be running the show right? He is also regarded as one of the best front office executives in the league by most people. And once he moves on his son or nephew or whoever will probably take over. So unless you like Stephen Jones, you might as well stop b*tching and change favorite teams because this team will be under the Jones family's ownership for a long, LONG time.

Your argument is really getting old. We'll never get to see what you want so you might as well just stop posting about it. The Jones family is going nowhere.

Sure, we're mediocre, don't know how to draft or develop talent, blah blah blah. Cool. You don't have to repeat it 543623454 times after every loss. A loss that didn't even matter this past week no less.

If Romo's hand is ok, we have a legit shot to beat the Giants. Why don't we focus on that for now?

Comment

• Guys, stop overreacting. We knew this was gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                          You realize that once Jerry moves on his son Stephen will be running the show right? He is also regarded as one of the best front office executives in the league by most people.
                          Huh? You read that on blogging the boys right?

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                          And once he moves on his son or nephew or whoever will probably take over. So unless you like Stephen Jones, you might as well stop b*tching and change favorite teams because this team will be under the Jones family's ownership for a long, LONG time.
                          I guess.

Your argument is really getting old.
                          So is the speed of light but it is a fact.

We'll never get to see what you want so you might as well just stop posting about it. The Jones family is going nowhere.
                          Maybe.

Sure, we're mediocre, don't know how to draft or develop talent, blah blah blah. Cool. You don't have to repeat it 543623454 times after every loss. A loss that didn't even matter this past week no less.
                          Every loss matters in the NFL. That is why gags in September mean something.

If Romo's hand is ok, we have a legit shot to beat the Giants. Why don't we focus on that for now?
                          You can focus on whatever you want. I can to. We can win, sure. Why not. GMen suck too.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Guys, stop overreacting. We knew this was gonna happen.
                            Really? We knew we would collapse and lose a bunch of game to stupidity and lack of focus?

I guess I was hoping it would not happen while realizing it is always a possibility with Team Stupid.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is overreacting. I am anxious though to see what kind of collapse it will be this year, a complete and total collapse ala 2008, or the slow death like 2007, or perhaps Romo pulling a Romo like in 2006. Haha

Comment

• Yank. I'll give BP a lot of credit for the atmosphere he brings but his drafting was piss poor when he was here. He tried to overrule our lead scout whom is the reason we have the best pass rusher in the league (Ware) while pushing for a 3-4 DE at the upper part of the draft (Spears).

Bobby Carpenter?

Vinny T as a starting QB?

Passing on Steven Jackson for Julius Jones whom Parcell's drooled about?

I agree he's an excellent disciplinarian and tactician but you simply cannot ignore some of his piss poor personnel decisions. Revisionist history at its finest if you pimp his name as being great for the Cowboys while trashing everyone around him :)

If you honestly feel that with the parity in the NFL that your favorite team should win every game or somehow be perfect you should go back to watching sports where teams can buy championships without a salary cap. That or start switching teams whenever they get hot. I'm sure the Packers forum could use a bit more fans :|
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information