• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Originally posted by JJJ888
    Originally posted by pocketaces
    Number-94
    Rookie

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketaces wrote:
    Their sack leader is 2½ sacks shy of becoming the first franchise player since 1996 to finish with double-digit sacks.

As big a cowboy as I am, I try to keep my homer on the inside. But Ware won't get the 2½ sacks. He'll just get blocked by Westbrook like Dunn did. Hell Addai PWNED hiim face to face. I like Ware but there's no excuse for him to get blocked by a back, I'm still very critical of him.

oooooooooooooooppsssssssssssssssss
    Wow you really told him...
    DeMarcus needs to use his speed as much as possible to get his sacks. Spend off season working on hands and upper body.
    Agreed, although his bull-rush is greatly improved from last year...nevertheless, he is still a feared pass-rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by jetBLACK08
      I officially would like to see Bill Cowher in Dallas...
      I will dance naked in my class if he becomes our Defensive Coordinator.
      I'd actually want him as head coach...give him next year off and then when Bill retires...BOOM! Give him $10 mill a year and sign him up for the new stadium.

On the other hand, Mike and Mike suggested that Saban would be head coach once the stadium was built...
      Talk show fever has it if Tressel wins on Monday he goes to Cleveland as Head Coach.

Means we have a shot at Crennel or Capers. Capers, I think, is better.
      I'll take Crennel any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
        Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Is this the same Bill Cowher who perenially lost the AFC Championship Game at home in cold Pittsburgh on a yearly basis?
        Yes and the same Bill Cowher who won the Super Bowl last year, played against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX and probably would have won if not for 2 stupid picks by Neil O'Donnell, made the playoffs 10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh, and, as you pointed out kindly, frequently made it to the AFC championship game, and ran one of the most feared 3-4 defenses in football. Furthermore, take at the quarterbacks he had: O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, etc....not exactly the cream of the crop. To me, to have the kind of success he had with those players is superb.
        I think Cowher is a great coach but given that BP haters are running him out of town for turning around a team but not going 12-4 ya gotta wonder how much they'll like Bill C.

Remeber, Bill C also had the benefit of some great Asst Coaches and excellent drafting.

Comment

Originally posted by jetBLACK08
          I will dance naked in my class if he becomes our Defensive Coordinator.
          I'd actually want him as head coach...give him next year off and then when Bill retires...BOOM! Give him $10 mill a year and sign him up for the new stadium.

On the other hand, Mike and Mike suggested that Saban would be head coach once the stadium was built...
          Talk show fever has it if Tressel wins on Monday he goes to Cleveland as Head Coach.

Means we have a shot at Crennel or Capers. Capers, I think, is better.
          I'll take Crennel any day.
          Picking between Crennel and Capers is like picking between Pam Anderson or Selma Hayek. Whatever, my d**k get hard either way.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces
            Number-94
            Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketaces wrote:
            Their sack leader is 2½ sacks shy of becoming the first franchise player since 1996 to finish with double-digit sacks.

As big a cowboy as I am, I try to keep my homer on the inside. But Ware won't get the 2½ sacks. He'll just get blocked by Westbrook like Dunn did. Hell Addai PWNED hiim face to face. I like Ware but there's no excuse for him to get blocked by a back, I'm still very critical of him.

Wow you really told him...
            DeMarcus needs to use his speed as much as possible to get his sacks. Spend off season working on hands and upper body.
            Agreed, although his bull-rush is greatly improved from last year...nevertheless, he is still a feared pass-rusher.
            He does need to impove his strength and how he uses his hands to be great.

Comment

Is this the same Bill Cowher who perenially lost the AFC Championship Game at home in cold Pittsburgh on a yearly basis?
              Yes and the same Bill Cowher who won the Super Bowl last year, played against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX and probably would have won if not for 2 stupid picks by Neil O'Donnell, made the playoffs 10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh, and, as you pointed out kindly, frequently made it to the AFC championship game, and ran one of the most feared 3-4 defenses in football. Furthermore, take at the quarterbacks he had: O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, etc....not exactly the cream of the crop. To me, to have the kind of success he had with those players is superb.
              I think Cowher is a great coach but given that BP haters are running him out of town for turning around a team but not going 12-4 ya gotta wonder how much they'll like Bill C.

Remeber, Bill C also had the benefit of some great Asst Coaches and excellent drafting.
              I'm not sure how Parcells has really turned this team around at all...at least since his first year. He certainly has made improvements, but either has not gotten the most out of his players or doesn't have as good a team as we think...the reason why I'm ready to run him out of town is because he seems to give up on the team at times.

Additionally, Cowher could have great assistants and great drafting in Dallas as well...

Comment

I'm not sure how Parcells has really turned this team around at all...at least since his first year. He certainly has made improvements, but either has not gotten the most out of his players or doesn't have as good a team as we think...the reason why I'm ready to run him out of town is because he seems to give up on the team at times.

Additionally, Cowher could have great assistants and great drafting in Dallas as well...
                I want to keep repeating, BP only has two of his drafts so far. TWO. Give him another two and then see.

Remeber the first year, Jerry had BP promise to keep things as is. This was the year BP want K Williams and Jerry over ruled him and went T New. The subsequent offseason after the miracle 10-6 year, Jerry bungled that draft thinking he needed a few players to move along. That was the year he pass on Stephen Jackson ( a big BP back) and went Julius Jones (yuck) Jacobs and Peterman. All Jerry. BP did not get 1 player in those first two drafts for his precious 3-4. NOT ONE 3-4 guy in his first two drafts in Dallas. All Jerry disasters.

So, to me BP really has only been influencing this team for two years in spite of all the 4 year spin.

Comment

• What do you guys think of Jimmy Kennedy from the Rams for NT?

He is going into his last year of his contract and Tom Condon (BP friend) is his agent.

Think we can get him in a sign and trade. Bigger than Fergie and better rusher.

Comment

• I've been able to watch the Lions' game only today.. What the hell of a penalty have they called on Newman?!
                    And, Akin Ayodele had a very very good game..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                      Anybody have Sam Hurd and Patrick Crayton's combine numbers?
                      Here is Hurd's Pro Day workout numbers...I don't think he was invited to the combine.

Hurd (6-2¾, 195 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.60 and 4.62. He also had a 36-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-9 broad jump, 4.50 short shuttle, 7.00 three-cone drill and five bench presses.
                      Thanks. Austin had some impressive numbers. Why was he not drafted?
                      The name of his school says it all.
                      "Red Ball"

Comment

• Let's stop talking about coaches in this forum I am tired of it. We are in the playoffs. Let's just enjoy it while we can. At the end of the season there will be plenty and I mean PLENTY of time to talk about coaching changes and roster moves until then I want a playoff atmosphere in here.

Looks like Hackett is out, Jackson will play but how limited will he be?

Their secondary is so weak, it should open up something for our passing game.

Also if the Cowboys can keep Alexander in check and put up the points they have all year we stand a very good chance of winning.
                        "Red Ball"

Comment

• http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...e_02-17-06.htm

According to this, Austin unofficially ran a 4.41, with a 43 inch vert. and 23 bench reps.

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                            Number-94
                            Rookie

pocketaces wrote:

OMGERZ JOO TOTALILY PWNED MEH!!!!!

Now really, I'll admitt I didn't think he would get the sacks. But it took him four games to get them; really expecet him to get more consistent with his sacks next year. I'd rather have 1 game-changing sack than 3 first half sacks that meant nothing ala lions games.

Comment

I want to keep repeating, BP only has two of his drafts so far. TWO. Give him another two and then see.

Remeber the first year, Jerry had BP promise to keep things as is. This was the year BP want K Williams and Jerry over ruled him and went T New. The subsequent offseason after the miracle 10-6 year, Jerry bungled that draft thinking he needed a few players to move along. That was the year he pass on Stephen Jackson ( a big BP back) and went Julius Jones (yuck) Jacobs and Peterman. All Jerry. BP did not get 1 player in those first two drafts for his precious 3-4. NOT ONE 3-4 guy in his first two drafts in Dallas. All Jerry disasters.

So, to me BP really has only been influencing this team for two years in spite of all the 4 year spin.
                              thats just b.s. bill has been apart of every draft since hes been here or else he wouldnt have came. the year he passed on steven jackson he said that all the backs in that draft were very close in talent and he was able to pick up a future # 1. parcells has had a big influence on whos been drafted and free agency so dont try to give him a pass. jerry might have been the one who wanted t.o. but bill signed off on it or he wouldnt be here either. so far the parcells era has been a failure and we dont need 2 more years to see that.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• the reason he didnt get anybody for the 3-4 is because we werent running it....duh!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information