Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Sparano. Never happen. Jerry's ego will not get off JG.

He just went on radio talking about how great decisions making processes are with him as GM. ""22 Years" of great decisions!!! ROTLFMAO!!

Man, wow, I guess all we can ask for is a sudden blood clot to work miracles and force his retirement. Dude is delusional and seems to get hallucinations of greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
      Love Sparano. Never happen. Jerry's ego will not get off JG.

He just went on radio talking about how great decisions making processes are with him as GM. ""22 Years" of great decisions!!! ROTLFMAO!!

Man, wow, I guess all we can ask for is a sudden blood clot to work miracles and force his retirement. Dude is delusional and seems to get hallucinations of greatness.
      What do you mean dude? Sparano would come in and be the OL coach and running game coordinator. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think it makes perfect sense and is a good possibility.

Comment

• I think what Bob is trying to say is that Jerry will not admit that he has made bad personnel moves, or that the team needs help, mostly because he thinks everything he has done has been great. And i'm gonna have to agree with bob here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          I think what Bob is trying to say is that Jerry will not admit that he has made bad personnel moves, or that the team needs help, mostly because he thinks everything he has done has been great. And i'm gonna have to agree with bob here.
          Okay guys, I'm as angry as anyone at JJ, but these types of comments really go a bit too far, IMO.

I sincerely doubt that JJ is sitting in his office today thinking that EVERYTHING he has done was perfect.

Also, why would Sparano coming back as OL coach and running game coordinator be a hit to JJ's ego? That makes no sense.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            Okay guys, I'm as angry as anyone at JJ, but these types of comments really go a bit too far, IMO.

I sincerely doubt that JJ is sitting in his office today thinking that EVERYTHING he has done was perfect.

Also, why would Sparano coming back as OL coach and running game coordinator be a hit to JJ's ego? That makes no sense.
            If Sparano doesn't come back I doubt it's due to Jerry. I don't think they have bad blood or anything. It's not like Jerry ****** him over by picking Wade over him or something. If they don't bring him back it may be because Garrett wants someone else or that Sparano wants to be somewhere different than where he has been already.

It's too bad that Paul Chryst got the new head coaching job at U of Pitt. I think he could have been a good hire as an OC with his ties to Garrett and how Wisconsin has had one of the most beautiful looking offensive lines in college for a while now. I'd kill for the Cowboys to have a line with great feet like that.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Also, here's a random thought. Dez is going to be a monster next year. The third year for a receiver is when the big transformation happens, and his numbers were pretty damn impressive for a second year guy. 63 catches, 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns with no real offseason and battling injuries. I'm thinking he puts up some Pro Bowl numbers next year. Something like 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns.
              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Bringing in Sparano would be to make him OC. Making him OC would be a) a slap at JG, b) an admission we should have had an OC earlier, and c) an admittance that when Parcells left Sparano should have been given the OC job to begin with.

Come on guys. Have any of you ever wielded power over people? Ever? That is exactly how the thought processes work through the entire organization.

Sparano will not be back as OC. Jerrah too egotistical and dumb and Sparano knows he got a raw deal in Miami and will get another shot as a OC/HC ina better organization then this one.
                Last edited by yanksknicks; 01-04-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                  Also, here's a random thought. Dez is going to be a monster next year. The third year for a receiver is when the big transformation happens, and his numbers were pretty damn impressive for a second year guy. 63 catches, 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns with no real offseason and battling injuries. I'm thinking he puts up some Pro Bowl numbers next year. Something like 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns.
                  Man crushes are so hard to give up.

Comment

Bringing in Sparano would be to make him OC. Making him OC would be a) a slap at JG, b) an admission we should have had an OC earlier, and c) an admittance that when Parcells left Sparano should have been given the OC job to begin with.

Come on guys. Have any of you ever wielded power over people? Ever? That is exactly how the thought processes work through the entire organization.

Sparano will not be back as OC. Jerrah too egotistical and dumb and Sparano knows he got a raw deal in Miami and will get another shot as a OC/HC ina better organization then this one.
                    Yeah, I've been managing people for 20 years and one of the best traits a manager can have is the ability to do away with ego. If something makes an organization better, it's your obligation to your employer to do it.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                      Also, here's a random thought. Dez is going to be a monster next year. The third year for a receiver is when the big transformation happens, and his numbers were pretty damn impressive for a second year guy. 63 catches, 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns with no real offseason and battling injuries. I'm thinking he puts up some Pro Bowl numbers next year. Something like 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns.
                      The thing is, Dez was ready this year. Romo just wouldn't throw him the ball enough. I don't know if it's because of the Revis INT in the first game or not.

Bryan Broaddus, a former scout for the Cowboys who now writes for espn dallas did a review of the cowboys/giants game. He detailed Romo's interception to Antrell Rolle. He said that he was looking to his right, where Dez was wide open after a 12 yard curl route for a 1st down, and he just didn't throw the ball. Instead he makes an asinine no look pass to witten who was 4 yards shy of a 1st down, with no room to run after the catch because he was DOUBLE COVERED and it obviously resulted in a careless INT.

Reading a lot of his write-ups after games this season, it seems like Romo is scared to throw to him sometimes. I remember one play against the Bills maybe where Dez had a wide open 60 yard touchdown and Romo just threw it to Robinson for like 6 yards.

I really think the Revis INT messed with Romo's head. I hope a full off-season to get their chemistry down fixes that. Dez is too good for only 5 targets a game. 5 catches for 65 yards is what Dez should have in the 1st half, not a whole game. We made it too easy on opposing defenses.
                      Last edited by CDCB14; 01-04-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        The thing is, Dez was ready this year. Romo just wouldn't throw him the ball enough. I don't know if it's because of the Revis INT in the first game or not.

Bryan Broaddus, a former scout for the Cowboys who now writes for espn dallas did a review of the cowboys/giants game. He detailed Romo's interception to Antrell Rolle. He said that he was looking to his right, where Dez was wide open after a 12 yard curl route for a 1st down, and he just didn't throw the ball. Instead he makes an asinine no look pass to witten who was 4 yards shy of a 1st down, with no room to run after the catch because he was DOUBLE COVERED and it obviously resulted in a careless INT.

Reading a lot of his write-ups after games this season, it seems like Romo is scared to throw to him sometimes. I remember one play against the Bills maybe where Dez had a wide open 60 yard touchdown and Romo just threw it to Robinson for like 6 yards.

I really think the Revis INT messed with Romo's head. I hope a full off-season to get their chemistry down fixes that. Dez is too goo for only 5 targets a game. 5 catches for 65 yards is what Dez should have in the 1st half, not a whole game. We made it too easy on opposing defenses.
                        I agree. I think there was a trust factor. Now, I also listen to Broaddus and he did say that Bryant steadily got better and better at route running as the year went along. I think another off season of Tony working with Dez and Dez working on his route running could pay big dividends.

Seems like Dez is starting to get how the little things make a big difference.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I agree. I think there was a trust factor. Now, I also listen to Broaddus and he did say that Bryant steadily got better and better at route running as the year went along. I think another off season of Tony working with Dez and Dez working on his route running could pay big dividends.

I forgot to add this part. Broaddus would say that Dez was getting better and better and winning almost all of his routes. I really think the Revis INT scared Romo off. Hopefully they correct that.

Comment

..... one of the best traits a manager can have is the ability to do away with ego....

And why Jerrah would never go with Sparano for anything but a menial role. He can't do away with his ego.

Comment

I really hope so.

Comment

And why Jerrah would never go with Sparano for anything but a menial role. He can't do away with his ego.
                                But JJ tends to like guys that have a history here. He's brought quite a few coaches back that have had stints elsewhere.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information