Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Clairborne starts falling to say, 8 or 9, do you move up and get him?

What would it cost? I have a feeling we see a lot more trades this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      If Clairborne starts falling to say, 8 or 9, do you move up and get him?

What would it cost? I have a feeling we see a lot more trades this year.
      I'm sure the new CBA will stir up more trades than every before. So much less risk in signing these new rookie deals. Teams could go berzerk, especially teams fighting for the #2 spot to get RG3.

For Claiborne, the most I'd be willing to give up would be our 1st plus a 3rd and even then, I'm not so sure.

For this draft, I'm much more inclined to want to trade down to add picks. The talent at 12 is very underwhelming.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I'm sure the new CBA will stir up more trades than every before. So much less risk in signing these new rookie deals. Teams could go berzerk, especially teams fighting for the #2 spot to get RG3.

For Claiborne, the most I'd be willing to give up would be our 1st plus a 3rd and even then, I'm not so sure.

For this draft, I'm much more inclined to want to trade down to add picks. The talent at 12 is very underwhelming.
        The Rams are sitting in a beautiful spot IMO. Someone is going to pay a heavy price to pick him at #2 and Fisher hasn't denied the fact that he'd like to trade down. I think they really want someone like Blackmon and can still get him later in the top 10.

Our #14 spot is in an interesting one. Unless we fall in love with someone or if by a miracle Claiborne some hows drops, there's probably no reason to pick at that spot. So many of these players we can get in the 20's and pick up a 2nd and possibly more picks.

Comment

• Ahmad Bradshaw says Cowboys won’t win with Tony Romo at QB

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...192548301.html

"I don't see it happening," Bradshaw told the NFL Network when asked if the Cowboys will ever win a Super Bowl with Romo at the helm. "I don't think they believe it, and they're America's Team. If America don't believe it . . ."

Bradshaw was asked to clear his comment, about whether he was referring to the team itself or the fans.

"It all comes together," Bradshaw said. "If the fans don't believe it, the team doesn't. They're kinda doubtful with Romo."

----------------------------

Has Bradshaw been reading my posts? LMAO.

Comment

• Bradshaw needs to ****. He's not the runner he used to be. Dances way too much. Be worried about your own job security Bradshaw. I think Romo will be starting for the Cowboys much longer than you'll be starting for the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Bradshaw needs to ****. He's not the runner he used to be. Dances way too much. Be worried about your own job security Bradshaw. I think Romo will be starting for the Cowboys much longer than you'll be starting for the Giants.
              Bradshaw does have a point though. There are still doubts on Romo's ability to "finish". I certainly have doubts that he'd ever win a SB. Romo is a gunslinger which is both a blessing and a curse. If you ever want to talk about him being a top QB, he'll always be in that conversation because of his aggressive passing style that puts up a lot of fancy stats, but if you want to argue whether he can win it all... let's just say... there's a distinct difference there. The rest of the team has to be damn near perfect. He's not a guy who carry the team on his shoulders. He's gotta have protection, he's gotta have a strong running game, he's gotta have good receivers and he's gotta have a strong defense. Give him all those things and he can be a part of the solution, but he will never be one to carry a faulty team to victory.

Comment

Ahmad Bradshaw says Cowboys won‘«÷t win with Tony Romo at QB

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...192548301.html

"I don't see it happening," Bradshaw told the NFL Network when asked if the Cowboys will ever win a Super Bowl with Romo at the helm. "I don't think they believe it, and they're America's Team. If America don't believe it . . ."

Bradshaw was asked to clear his comment, about whether he was referring to the team itself or the fans.

"It all comes together," Bradshaw said. "If the fans don't believe it, the team doesn't. They're kinda doubtful with Romo."

----------------------------

Has Bradshaw been reading my posts? LMAO.
                Yeah cause he's in the locker room right? What a joke. The media today is pathetic. If you actually take anything from that then I don't even know what to tell you..

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                  We can agree to disagree, but it sounds like you think there is an existing mutiny going on in the lockerroom. I don't think JG has a credibility problem in this lockerroom. He's been here for a long time already. He's gone through the same wars with them WAY before he was the HC here. This is a situation unlike a new foreign HC coming in with no history between him and the players. Totally different. Credibility is not in question. He's had success here and the players on offense, especially the leaders are ALL IN with Garrett. With the whole Jerry went down to tell Garrett to take Romo off the field... Do you think Romo now feels confusion on who to take play calls from? Sounds silly to me.
                  Not a mutiny, I just don't think the current structure of our organization is the best fit for a young inexperienced coach like Garrett and I have my doubts that he's the one that can change the culture within the lockerroom. Garrett's familiarity with our vets is not a good thing IMO, there's undoubtedly a comfort level between him and the players and I was looking for them to feel uncomfort after that horrendous 2010 campaign. There needed to be a major shake up, promoting the in-house guy was too knee jerk and it was a missed opportunity. That all ties in to the mental toughness issues we talked about a few pages back, the last thing a mentally weak team needs after a season like that is to feel a sense of comfort. When Garrett was named HC our underachieving lockerroom breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that we're still making the same stupid mistakes and blowing leads in mind numbing fashion has me worried that I am right.

Anyway, Stanford Routt is set to visit Dallas this week according to Matt Mosley.
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Bradshaw does have a point though. There are still doubts on Romo's ability to "finish". I certainly have doubts that he'd ever win a SB. Romo is a gunslinger which is both a blessing and a curse. If you ever want to talk about him being a top QB, he'll always be in that conversation because of his aggressive passing style that puts up a lot of fancy stats, but if you want to argue whether he can win it all... let's just say... there's a distinct difference there. The rest of the team has to be damn near perfect. He's not a guy who carry the team on his shoulders. He's gotta have protection, he's gotta have a strong running game, he's gotta have good receivers and he's gotta have a strong defense. Give him all those things and he can be a part of the solution, but he will never be one to carry a faulty team to victory.
                    Again, completely false. Did you watch the San Fran comeback? Your saying that wasn't all on Tony Romo's back? Besides, what QB doesn't need help? Football is the ultimate team sport. Put Joe Montana is his prime with an average to below average defense, OL, recievers, and running back and watch him finish 8-8. Then get back to me....

Ahhh, the power of ESPN these days. Terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Again, completely false. Did you watch the San Fran comeback? Your saying that wasn't all on Tony Romo's back? Besides, what QB doesn't need help? Football is the ultimate team sport. Put Joe Montana is his prime with an average to below average defense, OL, recievers, and running back and watch him finish 8-8. Then get back to me....

Ahhh, the power of ESPN these days. Terrible.
                      Our defense also played out of their minds in the 2nd half of that San Fran game. Romo played big and he earned a lot of respect for playing with the broken ribs, but it wasn't all on him.
                      Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                        Not a mutiny, I just don't think the current structure of our organization is the best fit for a young inexperienced coach like Garrett and I have my doubts that he's the one that can change the culture within the lockerroom. Garrett's familiarity with our vets is not a good thing IMO, there's undoubtedly a comfort level between him and the players and I was looking for them to feel uncomfort after that horrendous 2010 campaign. There needed to be a major shake up, promoting the in-house guy was too knee jerk and it was a missed opportunity. That all ties in to the mental toughness issues we talked about a few pages back, the last thing a mentally weak team needs after a season like that is to feel a sense of comfort. When Garrett was named HC our underachieving lockerroom breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that we're still making the same stupid mistakes and blowing leads in mind numbing fashion has me worried that I am right.

Anyway, Stanford Routt is set to visit Dallas this week according to Matt Mosley.
                        Wait, can Routt be signed right now because he was released or does he need wait until March 13th too?

He might be the best bang for your buck free agent, but I would hate to sign a guy who is turning 29 to anything more than a 3 year deal. No need for another Terence Newman situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                          Our defense also played out of their minds in the 2nd half of that San Fran game. Romo played big and he earned a lot of respect for playing with the broken ribs, but it wasn't all on him.
                          The defense was solid, but my point is that to say Romo can't carry a team when other's can is idiotic. Football is a team game. With the interior OL and RB situation besides that 5 game stretch from Murray, Romo hardly had elite type help, and still had the best season of his career. He was outstanding. And Miles wasn't 100% when he was on the field, and their timing was off as well.

Romo is fine. He can carry a team just as well as anyone can. Look at the first giants game. Could he have played any better? And don't give me the overthrow to miles austin, it never shouldn't have come to that. The defense folded like a paper figurine. If our defense could have done anything in a two minute drill or a game tying/winning drive we would've been 12-4.

Romo is a stud. Period.

Comment

Wait, can Routt be signed right now because he was released or does he need wait until March 13th too?

He might be the best bang for your buck free agent, but I would hate to sign a guy who is turning 29 to anything more than a 3 year deal. No need for another Terence Newman situation.
                            I'm pretty sure he can sign right now because he was cut before the new league year, but I'm not 100% on that.
                            Cowboys Mock:

Comment

The defense was solid, but my point is that to say Romo can't carry a team when other's can is idiotic. Football is a team game. With the interior OL and RB situation besides that 5 game stretch from Murray, Romo hardly had elite type help, and still had the best season of his career. He was outstanding. And Miles wasn't 100% when he was on the field, and their timing was off as well.

Romo is fine. He can carry a team just as well as anyone can. Look at the first giants game. Could he have played any better? And don't give me the overthrow to miles austin, it never shouldn't have come to that. The defense folded like a paper figurine. If our defense could have done anything in a two minute drill or a game tying/winning drive we would've been 12-4.

Romo is a stud. Period.
                              No doubt Romo can play with the best of them, but he's got his issues with consistency. I don't think it's as up and down as some make it out to be, but that's particially due to the fact that his hiccups occur on the big stage when everyone's watching. I don't know what it is, could be caving into pressure or just bad timing... but no one will mistake him for being one of the most clutch QBs in the game. And I know you said don't bring up the missed throw to Austin, but it's another example of missing in the clutch. Eli makes that throw, Romo doesn't.

That said, I'm not sure a QB that can carry a team by himself even exists.
                              Last edited by TheFinisher; 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Yeah cause he's in the locker room right? What a joke. The media today is pathetic. If you actually take anything from that then I don't even know what to tell you..
                                What does that have anything to do with needing to be in the lockerroom?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information