X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
    Just curious, what would Felix be worth? My gut says a 4th or 5th, but idk
    Sounds about right. I'd gladly take that.

Comment

• He still has tread on his tires though right? What's the deal with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
        He still has tread on his tires though right? What's the deal with him?
        He's 25 years old and has been a change of pace back his whole career, high school, college, and NFL. He has no mileage at all. He's just a *****.

Curse of pick 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
          He's 25 years old and has been a change of pace back his whole career, high school, college, and NFL. He has no mileage at all. He's just a *****.

Curse of pick 22.
          So he basically is like Marion Barber when he lost the tread on his tires. Damn, it's not like you guys are running team. How are all these RBs losing their tread so fast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78
            We are swapping trash this off season
            Speaking of recycled trash, Carson Palmer in Oakland takes offense to that remark.

Happy to be reunited with his old position coach....oh wait

Comment

• Not sure of the "no tread on his tires" line for Felix. He was too skinny and frail and got hurt early. Then he bounced back and gained too much weight last year and was slow.

He's admitted he went overboard on both and he is now in the best physical condition he can be (muscle wise) and weighs less than last year. He said he's back to being explosive.

If we ask him to carry the load it's a bad idea because he isn't that type of back. HORRIBLE decision to draft a scat-back / COP back in the 1st but you don't grade players by their draft choice 4 years later.

Provided he's back to being explosive he'll be a weapon again this year but keeping him at <15 touches / game is important so he doesn't wear down. The important thing to realize is ALL of the running backs we are scouting are much more in the "Murray-mold" and less so in the COP/scat role.

The idea of trading him was Watkin's gimme play for clicks. It was never discussed according to anyone you ask in the organization. Hell even Jerry said it wouldn't be considered and he's horrible at showing his hand early.
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

He still has tread on his tires though right? What's the deal with him?
                The tread is there but the wheels have loose bolts.

Comment

So he basically is like Marion Barber when he lost the tread on his tires. Damn, it's not like you guys are running team. How are all these RBs losing their tread so fast?
                  What are you talking about? He hasn't lost any "tread" he just isn't that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    What are you talking about? He hasn't lost any "tread" he just isn't that good.
                    hhahahahahahahha. made me laugh. :)

Comment

• Old news, but here's the pic of Tony's new family addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        No thanks. Until we can see Murray get through a year healthy, I don't want to get rid of Felix.
                        I wouldn't want to get rid of him because he's a good player. His problem is injuries, but when you look at him being healthy he's played well. Of course I'm sure people will make much ado about him not being as good early last year, but you can't ignore how good he looked when Murray went down. He's a good player to have returning kicks and getting about 5-8 carries a game. I'd just draft a guy as insurance to his injury prone nature than to outright get rid of him.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          That's not fair. The Giants are notorious for being height/weight/speed drafters as well.

Our player development is just better, and that to me rests on the coaching staff's shoulders.

Look at how we draft, we only draft defensive players with very long arms, our DL has to be 6 4" 265lbs minimum (with long arms), our LBs have to be 6 2" minimum, our DBs are all big.

We draft for size. We're just as guilty of drafting measurables as Dallas is.

But we just develop that talent better. And again, I think that falls on the coaching staff.
                          Your retort completely misses the point about drafting for things beyond measurables.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            That's not fair. The Giants are notorious for being height/weight/speed drafters as well.

Our player development is just better, and that to me rests on the coaching staff's shoulders.

Look at how we draft, we only draft defensive players with very long arms, our DL has to be 6 4" 265lbs minimum (with long arms), our LBs have to be 6 2" minimum, our DBs are all big.

We draft for size. We're just as guilty of drafting measurables as Dallas is.

But we just develop that talent better. And again, I think that falls on the coaching staff.
                            i disagree giants don't have better talent the cowboys or even they eagles, they were 8-8 and after starting 6-2. giants have holes just like everyone else, they're plenty of guys who were high picks who turned out to be average at best for the giants, clint sintim and aaron ross to name a few.

the giants got healthy at the right time and they were the most mentally tough team in the nfc east, thats why they won, not because of overwhelming talent
                            Last edited by CowboysBeastMode; 07-21-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Felix Jones was cleared to start practicing at the beginning of camp. I know there's a lot of Felix haters on here, but when he's healthy and not responsible for shouldering the load, I feel is when he's at his best. Get him 8-10 touches a game and you'll get good production.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                                Felix Jones was cleared to start practicing at the beginning of camp. I know there's a lot of Felix haters on here, but when he's healthy and not responsible for shouldering the load, I feel is when he's at his best. Get him 8-10 touches a game and you'll get good production.
                                I don't think I would classify anybody as a "Felix hater" IMO. When your a 1st round pick you have a certain amount of expectations, all of which he has failed to meet. There are a number of reasons why they may have not been met, but regardless he's a 1st round pick that has largely under achieved, people have a right to be upset in that regards.

It says a lot that our role for him as a former 1st round pick is 8 touches a game, but honestly that is where he is used best. I'd put him back there on KO return also. If he can't handle returning kicks and 8 or so sporadic touches he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

He strikes me as a guy though that will hit FA, go to another team and have a much better tenure with them then he did with us for some reason.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information