This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    I don't think I would classify anybody as a "Felix hater" IMO. When your a 1st round pick you have a certain amount of expectations, all of which he has failed to meet. There are a number of reasons why they may have not been met, but regardless he's a 1st round pick that has largely under achieved, people have a right to be upset in that regards.

It says a lot that our role for him as a former 1st round pick is 8 touches a game, but honestly that is where he is used best. I'd put him back there on KO return also. If he can't handle returning kicks and 8 or so sporadic touches he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

He strikes me as a guy though that will hit FA, go to another team and have a much better tenure with them then he did with us for some reason.
    I could see him going elsewhere and being more productive. I personally am not sure why he hasn't been used more in the passing game. I'd be throwing him 3-4 screens a game and getting him into other routes and letting him play in the open field.

That's been a big mistake on our part. Granted I know some of the time he's been thrust into the role of main back and we haven't been able to let him be a niche type of guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      That's not fair. The Giants are notorious for being height/weight/speed drafters as well.

Our player development is just better, and that to me rests on the coaching staff's shoulders.

Look at how we draft, we only draft defensive players with very long arms, our DL has to be 6 4" 265lbs minimum (with long arms), our LBs have to be 6 2" minimum, our DBs are all big.

We draft for size. We're just as guilty of drafting measurables as Dallas is.

But we just develop that talent better. And again, I think that falls on the coaching staff.
      ...I dunno... I don't think that falls solely on the coaching staff. I think it also falls on the player... and the scouting dept... and the FO for choosing them in the draft... a combination of things. I would include the coaching staff for sure, but I think that was recognized and we saw the effects of that in the coaching changes we made this offseason. Bill Callahan should be a huge help for Garrett and Rob gets "his" secondary guy in Henderson, who from the early looks of it, is very hands on in his approach about coaching up players and he seems like an exciting add. Campo needed to go.

You got the SB rings so I hope our organization can emmulate yours.

Comment

• Aaron Berry was cut from the Lions after his second request. He was penciled in as a starter for them at CB. I'm pretty sure they are going to be interested in Jenkins once Training Camp starts, it'll be something to keep an eye on. I'd be trying to hold out for a 3rd rounder, but then again, I've always preferred to just keep him and have great depth for a year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Mo signed... The Cowboys have agreed to terms with first-round pick cornerback Morris Claiborne to a four-year contract at just less than $16.5 million, according to sources. Football cant get here fast enough!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
            Mo signed... The Cowboys have agreed to terms with first-round pick cornerback Morris Claiborne to a four-year contract at just less than $16.5 million, according to sources. Football cant get here fast enough!!
            What a DEAL!!!!

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ursue-charges/

I figured she wouldn't press charges. Doesn't mean the DA will drop it, but good luck convicting him.

So question, if he's not convicted what will Goodell do? Still suspend him a few games to make a point?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                What a DEAL!!!!
                I dunno, hows he look in tights?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ursue-charges/

I figured she wouldn't press charges. Doesn't mean the DA will drop it, but good luck convicting him.

So question, if he's not convicted what will Goodell do? Still suspend him a few games to make a point?
                  He shouldn't do anything, but he'll probably suspend him for a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ursue-charges/

He has no reason to suspend him multiple games, 1 game is still in play but I don't think it's likely. An arrest is an arrest, but I still think he views this incident in a slightly different light then a DUI, gun charge, drug charge, etc.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• So those of you that wished we had traded Jenkins away, are you still feeling that way now?

Comment

• I know I've said this before, and don't get me wrong, I think Tyron Smith is going to be a great LT in this league, but thank goodness you guys didn't get JJ Watt. Watt looks like a future HOFer if he stays healthy. I know it's early to say that, but with some players, you just see it right away.

Can you imagine Ware and Watt on the same team? Ridiculous.

Comment

• So here's my humble take-aways from yesterday's game.
                          • Sloppy Win? But last time I remembered, a win is a win and there's no category for sloppy!
                          • Demarco Murray- this man is earning every single yard he gains.
                          • OL- our OL better start to gel soon or it will be a long season for Romo and Murray.
                          • Defense- nice rebound from last week. While the Bucs RB's are no Marshawn Lynch, they are very solid.
                          • Our CB's are as good as advertised. To shut down a playmaker like Jackson the way they did is impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I know I've said this before, and don't get me wrong, I think Tyron Smith is going to be a great LT in this league, but thank goodness you guys didn't get JJ Watt. Watt looks like a future HOFer if he stays healthy. I know it's early to say that, but with some players, you just see it right away.

Is Watt from the SEC? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I know I've said this before, and don't get me wrong, I think Tyron Smith is going to be a great LT in this league, but thank goodness you guys didn't get JJ Watt. Watt looks like a future HOFer if he stays healthy. I know it's early to say that, but with some players, you just see it right away.

Can you imagine how much worse our offensive line would be if we had Watt instead of Smith? -_- Bennett made Doug Free look like the worst RT in the league last game and without Smith he would be our starting LT.

Rafa was even pondering whether we should give Jeremy Parnell some snaps at RT until Free figures it out again.

Ick. Watt is definitely a special player but any thought of making our offensive line any worse than it already is makes me feel ill.

With Sensy back you have to like the look of our nickel/dime sets though.

LCB: Claiborne
                              Slot CB: Scandrick
                              Dime CB: Lewis (or Butler if we resign him)
                              RBC: Jenkins
                              S: Sensabaugh
                              S: Carr

Hopefully the coaching staff seeing how important safeties are this year will finally force them to use some money/high draft choices towards fixing the "forever" problem.

Ending with a fun fact:

For the first time ever, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger lost on same day.
                              Originally posted by D-Unit
                              I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Watt is for sure a beast. I think in the pre-season I hear Wade say he'll be a HOF'er and I thought to myself, hold on buddy. He's earning his paycheck and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information