This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
    Weve been saying for years our line stinks. Other than Tyron would any of these other guys start for another team? Whoever recommended Bernadeau and Livings to be upgrades over last year need to be fired immediately! How do you go into a season with Romo, DeMarco, Dez, Miles, Witten and have a JV line block for them? Its a joke! We have a 12 win team with a 4 win line. Makes NO sense...End rant
    I honestly don't think Livings has been that bad.. Bernadeau has been disappointing and really struggles with speed. Henry Melton is a physical freak and I expect Big Mac to really struggle. The fall of Free has been almost laughable, he gets pushed into the backfield on almost every play, Peppers is going to eat him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
      Absolutely we are not running enough "protect your QB" type plays. Teams have been bringing the heat and we have not been gashing them with screens and draws per the norm. We ran the draw for no gain that I remember so I won't count that negatively because we had zero control of the line of scrimmage. We definitely should be calling for screens though with our mobile lineman.

Love this nugget of info from BtB:

Contingency on top of contingency plans. Next man up strategy is certainly paying dividends compared to what we have seen with prior coaching staffs. JG also spoke a good bit on eliminating pre-snap penalties.

That's a great find on their thoughts on the DB's. Love it. Jenks is playing for a pay day from some team and I expect pro bowl form from him all year. We should all remember, it was the competition that really drove out the best in Mike all along, and he may just be one of those players. None the less I think he's out to prove he's the best CB on this roster and when he plays with confidence I still believe in him.

Someone will get a really good, young CB in FA next off-season, so hopefully we get the compensation pick for him. He'd go right back to being a pro bowler if he went somewhere like San Fran or Pittsburgh.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I fully expect Doug Free to be cut sometime before the draft, dude has just fallen off a cliff and is getting Romo killed. RT has skyrocketed up the list of draft needs.
        Cowboys Mock:
        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Yeah bud, Bruce Carter absolutely killed it all game. He was fantastic, impressive.
          He had been showing spurts of this kind of play since the season opener. I'll tell you what, if he can keep playing this way for the rest of the season, those 9ers ILB'ers are gonna have an argument from me on who the best set in the league is. Both these guys are complete studs in the run game and have the athletic ability to help out in pass coverage. Lee's int, and like e-man (i believe it was him) pointed out, that tackle on third and short that Carter made in the flat was IMPRESSIVE. That closing speed, perfect tackling form and strength to bring him down immediately, that's some hot **** right there. It's definitely a confident booster for our scouting department, who had both of those guys rated as first rounders and snatched them up in the second when they fell.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            He had been showing spurts of this kind of play since the season opener. I'll tell you what, if he can keep playing this way for the rest of the season, those 9ers ILB'ers are gonna have an argument from me on who the best set in the league is. Both these guys are complete studs in the run game and have the athletic ability to help out in pass coverage. Lee's int, and like e-man (i believe it was him) pointed out, that tackle on third and short that Carter made in the flat was IMPRESSIVE. That closing speed, perfect tackling form and strength to bring him down immediately, that's some hot **** right there. It's definitely a confident booster for our scouting department, who had both of those guys rated as first rounders and snatched them up in the second when they fell.
            If Lee keeps playing at this level, he'll be getting a nice big fat extension in the off-season and it will be well deserved.

Comment

• I know his play isn't very sexy and he's not a favorite of mine or most people here, but Spencer is playing very solid this year so far. He plays the run well and I've been watching him in coverage and he's been redirecting the slot receiver and TE pretty well. I've been a fan of his play so far. Granted only one sack, but a few pressures and knockdowns on top of it.

Comment

• Well after 3 weeks we are #1 in total defense giving up 250 yards a game. Giving up 29% on 3rd downs and 18 PPG which should be much lower if not for all of our turnovers. Impressive! Hope we can keep it up.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Most impressive was that at the 4th qtr two minute warning this past game, we had only given up 95 yards of total offense to a team that nearly out gunned the Giants last week. While our offense is in near shambles right now, we can at least be happy our off-season plan to concentrate on retooling our defense has worked so far.

I'm there with you on Spencer, leroy. It seems like he doesn't exactly have the quickness to get to the Qb regularly, but he puts a lot of pressure on his man and has looked excellent in run defense. Looking a lot like a Shaun Ellis type of DE.

Comment

• With all the talk of tyron smith vs jj watt and the demise of doug free, no one has brought up that we could've had michael oher in the 1st round if jj didnt trade it for roy williams. Imagine tyron smith and michael oher or we couldve had jj watt....... Ahhhh only if

Comment

• We could have had Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchinson if we didn't trade for Joey Galloway!

Past is the past, man. Let it go.

Comment

• Seriously, our defense has been just downright awesome. The great thing about it is, a good defense is normally more reliable than a good offense.

I think Rob is implementing more and more of his scheme too. I'm pretty sure on Sean Lee's INT play, that the defense was running that amoeba D.

Comment

• I don't feel so bad about losing to Seattle. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I don't feel so bad about losing to Seattle. Lol
                            ^^^^^^^^ I don't feel so bad about our offensive line lol Eight sacks four from Clemons alone.

Comment

• I read a handful of articles concerning the FS issue and it looks like the team is going to continue giving Carr looks at safety for the rest of the year. I know the chances are -.000000001 but what does the team do if he has really good success roaming center field and Jenkins continues to lock down on the outside? Do you try to resign Jenkins and have Carr make the transition permanent, do you let Jenkins skate away and try to address the safety position in the off season or do you have Church return as the starter next year?

I'm going to say that they address safety in the draft and create a package where he can float, much like the Packers do with Woodson. Jenkins won't take a discount to stay in Dallas and probably still scorned about the team drafting Claiborne. He will earn his way to a big paycheck somewhere else in the off season. Hopefully Church can get healthy and return to the position I like him most as a sub safety/linebacker hybrid.

Regardless you have to continue to love signing Carr. A lot of guys get their payday and only do as much as they have to get by, not Carr. He genuinely wants to help this team any way he can and will be a great core player for the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Seriously, our defense has been just downright awesome. The great thing about it is, a good defense is normally more reliable than a good offense.

I think Rob is implementing more and more of his scheme too. I'm pretty sure on Sean Lee's INT play, that the defense was running that amoeba D.
                                Dallas's defense is a complete 180 from last year. It's amazing what a couple of CBs can do for a team.

I think the improved speed in the LB core has helped a ton too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information