Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a much bigger note the real referees have reached a deal! Back this week including tonight's game. It's a shame really for Golden Tate. He won't be able to cheap shot anyone or get massive push-offs.

Originally posted by D-Unit
    I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Silva was released to make room for Mooreman. Interesting considering how thin the team is at safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Witten4HOF View Post
        Silva was released to make room for Mooreman. Interesting considering how thin the team is at safety.
        Yeah it is. I figured they'd go with cutting a guy like Lemon since safety is really low right now. Maybe they figure they'll be able to sign him off the practice squad for however long they need Moorman until Jones can play again.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
          Yeah it is. I figured they'd go with cutting a guy like Lemon since safety is really low right now. Maybe they figure they'll be able to sign him off the practice squad for however long they need Moorman until Jones can play again.
          McCray and Frampton made Silva the odd man out. Silva was never a special teams ace and Lemon clearly had the advantage there. Same with Frampton.

Silva was picked up whenever he's been on the field anyhow. Blown coverage TD against Seattle and his 1 target - 1 pass interference hardly instilled confidence against the Bucs.

With Carr moving there on passing plays and McCray being backed up by Frampton there just wasn't another spot for him. Never know though Silva could be back in a couple weeks once we no longer need Moorman.
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
            McCray and Frampton made Silva the odd man out. Silva was never a special teams ace and Lemon clearly had the advantage there. Same with Frampton.

Silva was picked up whenever he's been on the field anyhow. Blown coverage TD against Seattle and his 1 target - 1 pass interference hardly instilled confidence against the Bucs.

With Carr moving there on passing plays and McCray being backed up by Frampton there just wasn't another spot for him. Never know though Silva could be back in a couple weeks once we no longer need Moorman.
            Yeah, Norm said on the ticket that two of the big TD's they've given up were plays where Silva didn't get over fast enough. I haven't gone back to confirm that, but it appears they just aren't happy with his play.
            Last edited by Macarthur; 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• So long Silva. It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• I forgot about Frampton being signed. Yep Silva's pretty much gone then unless some more people get hurt.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I hate that we play Monday night. Ugh. Classic toilet bowl game for the two offensive lines. Bears lead the league in sacks. This game just has the recipe of disaster written all over it. If we win it'll be really ugly. Romo & Cutler will be lucky to make it through the game in one piece.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I hate that we play Monday night. Ugh. Classic toilet bowl game for the two offensive lines. Bears lead the league in sacks. This game just has the recipe of disaster written all over it. If we win it'll be really ugly. Romo & Cutler will be lucky to make it through the game in one piece.
                    On the plus side Tony is still playing ok considering how little the line has helped. Cutler ranks 2nd in INTs thrown and is 2nd to last in total QB rating. Still need to lock down on Marshall though because he makes some crazy catches.

Comment

• We have the tools to stop Marshall. ...and that's the key to stopping the Bears. Forte is trying to return from injury. I don't see him going off. We have good run stuffers.

Comment

• How is it that Dez has been playing 2 seasons and 4 weeks and his career high single game yards is only 105? Is that a misprint in the NFL.com article? I would have figured it because 105 yards is a joke for an X WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                          How is it that Dez has been playing 2 seasons and 4 weeks and his career high single game yards is only 105? Is that a misprint in the NFL.com article? I would have figured it because 105 yards is a joke for an X WR.
                          Its accurate. Only 100 yard game of his career. Weve tried to defend him and thought this was going to be his breakout year. Now, not so sure. Teetering on being a major disappointment

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            Its accurate. Only 100 yard game of his career. Weve tried to defend him and thought this was going to be his breakout year. Now, not so sure. Teetering on being a major disappointment
                            Wait, that's his 1st 100 plus yard game?! Why?! It's not like you guys are the 2004 Steelers run first offense. How in the world does a talent like Dez in 2 seasons and 4 weeks into his 3rd only has now, 1 100 plus game?

That's pretty bad.

Nicks had his first 100 plus yard game, week 4 in his rookie year. 114 yard game and 1 TD.

When I think of Dez I think of a player in the "If" category. Same as Cutler. High Potential players, but in order to get that potential. You need to add IFs to everything.

If they mature. If he has a # 1 WR. If he has a OL blocking, THEN he can be a very good QB if not elite.

If Dez matures, IF Dez takes time to learn and study hard, IF he stays clean off the field, THEN he can be one of the best Wrs in the league.

Eventually, those IFs have to come true or be reality, otherwise it's a waste. But originally I was wondering if that was a misprint because career high seemed odd. 105 yard game, and that being career high. Wow.

Comment

• He has two 100 yard games now. Monday night was his second. The other was against the Giants I believe.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                                I think I'm gonna ban Bob because I think he single handedly killed the activity in this thread. Am I right or wrong about that?
                                You're right. It's getting really annoying because he keeps on coming back.
                                He is not a fan of the Cowboys, he doesn't care if we win or not. He just wants some players/coaches/people to fail in order to say "I told you so". That's not my approach to sports. I'm a Cowboys fan and when a player is part of the team I'm rooting for him to turn into a great player.
                                I couldn't bear other 12 weeks of "this guy sucks". It's a long season and we should support the team. I'm not in the right mood after loss, coming into this forum and reading the same old stuff is really irritating.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information