Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
    Wait, that's his 1st 100 plus yard game?! Why?! It's not like you guys are the 2004 Steelers run first offense. How in the world does a talent like Dez in 2 seasons and 4 weeks into his 3rd only has now, 1 100 plus game?

    That's pretty bad.

    Nicks had his first 100 plus yard game, week 4 in his rookie year. 114 yard game and 1 TD.

    When I think of Dez I think of a player in the "If" category. Same as Cutler. High Potential players, but in order to get that potential. You need to add IFs to everything.

    If they mature. If he has a # 1 WR. If he has a OL blocking, THEN he can be a very good QB if not elite.

    If Dez matures, IF Dez takes time to learn and study hard, IF he stays clean off the field, THEN he can be one of the best Wrs in the league.

    Eventually, those IFs have to come true or be reality, otherwise it's a waste. But originally I was wondering if that was a misprint because career high seemed odd. 105 yard game, and that being career high. Wow.
    I like how you put it, hadn't really heard it like that before. He's definitely an "if" player so far. We can only assess what we've seen, and he definitely needs a few things to fall into place to have sustained success. His mental lapses are just far too common, and to this day he doesn't seem to have a complete grasp of the offensive playbook.

    When you add the fact that he's a nagging injury waiting to happen, and he's really dumb (saw limited pt his rookie and sophomore seasons due to his lack of understanding of the pb, and injuries), it isn't a surprise that he hasn't put up 100yd games regularly. He has every bit the talent to do it, he flashes it every game.. he makes two or three pro-bowl kinda grabs, then lets one bounce off his facemask. Starting to resemble Brandon Lloyd a bit. -.-

    Comment


    • If Dez had a QB like Eli we wouldn't be having this discussion.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trogdor
        Just ignore D when it comes to Romo. He's just trolling at this point. The playcalling doesn't matter one bit if your QB gets sacked on three step drops. Fix the protection and we are back to at least last year's offense which is more than enough to win games.



        Exactly as I called it. Butler cannot even play passable run defense so we are starting a borderline ST (no offense to Albright) instead. At least we aren't presenting a giant hole to Rice. Spencer needs to get healthy quick. Makes me wonder about Wilber though. Would of liked to see him taking those snaps. I wonder if we'll play "heavy" on the dline (more Spears/Coleman/Brent) to minimize the loss of Spencer.
        It would be really telling if Albright actually gets the start over Butler. Being the OLB opposite Ware you absolutely have to play good run D and coverage because they're not going toward Ware a lot. People know how great he is everywhere, so the ROLB is going to get picked on. It's one of those things people kept overlooking with Spencer because "He doesn't have double digit sacks!" I like Butler still, but he really needs to improve his all around game besides the pass rush.
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

        Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

        Comment


        • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
          It would be really telling if Albright actually gets the start over Butler. Being the OLB opposite Ware you absolutely have to play good run D and coverage because they're not going toward Ware a lot. People know how great he is everywhere, so the ROLB is going to get picked on. It's one of those things people kept overlooking with Spencer because "He doesn't have double digit sacks!" I like Butler still, but he really needs to improve his all around game besides the pass rush.
          Absolutely. I mean I rag on Butler a lot but he's our second best pass rusher by a mile he just cannot play the run passably. It's not even a physical thing he just takes false steps or fails to sit in the hole and then gets washed out of the play.

          I think we'll be seeing a lot of combo formations. When Butler is in on 1st/2nd downs don't be surprised to see Coleman or Spears always on his side to "set the edge" and help with run support. While when Albright is out we play Lisse/Crawford for the additional pass rush.
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


          Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

          Comment


          • I really see the OL as the one glaring issue on our team. Bash Romo and Garrett all you want, but it's the OL.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              I really see the OL as the one glaring issue on our team. Bash Romo and Garrett all you want, but it's the OL.
              I don't give the OL a free pass. But it does suck when the Giants can with the SB with one of the worst OLs in the league.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I don't give the OL a free pass. But it does suck when the Giants can with the SB with one of the worst OLs in the league.
                It's a lot easier to win with crappy OTs than a crappy interior line. Hell look at the Saint's teams up until this year. Elite interior line and Brees has all day to throw snd if pressure does come he just steps up. Romo doesn't have a pocket to step into. He has to sidestep or scramble away from the pocket. HUGE difference. We don't need an elite line to win just no one who can be targeted every play. Right now Free and Berny are getting tormented sort of like Alan Ball at FS. Yes I died a little inside having to think about that.

                Biggest question is now that we have clearly shown our interior line isn't up to snuff how to we band-aid for the rest of the year? The fact we aren't running a bunch of screens, HB swings, and getting Murray involved in the passing game (motioning into slot etc) is killing me. When Felix couldn't get going a few years ago with a bad line we moved him all over the field and used screens/quick hits/swings as our "running game".

                Garrett needs to utilize more from his bag of tricks to keep teams from keying on our mid range passing game.
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


                Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

                Comment


                • The Giants OL isn't nearly as bad as the Cowboys now. At least Bradshaw gets a chance. Murray barely sees a run without defenders being in the backfield.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

                  Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                    The Giants OL isn't nearly as bad as the Cowboys now. At least Bradshaw gets a chance. Murray barely sees a run without defenders being in the backfield.
                    What do you think is wrong with Free? Ever since he got paid, he's been a big turd. Think he sees his $7M pay day next season?

                    Comment


                    • To me it seems like he's lost some of his quickness and technique. Any news about him coming in overweight or anything of the sort? He just really looks lazy as hell, lethargic as he's shuffling his feet, almost flat footed in pass protection. He gets beaten on the reg by quick passrushers, it's like he forgot how to play the position. The interior is just trash, and Free stopped giving a ****. If it weren't for Tyron Smith, we'd be fielding an arena-league level offensive line.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        What do you think is wrong with Free? Ever since he got paid, he's been a big turd. Think he sees his $7M pay day next season?
                        I hate to say it, but maybe he's a guy that played for the big money. It would be one thing if he was getting up there in age, but that's not the case. There was the injury that some people said could be it, but it might just be that he doesn't care anymore that he's got the big check. I don't care how much money he makes he can't be the starter next year with the way he's playing. It's so sad because he looked like a good find after all those OL busts.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

                        Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                          The Giants OL isn't nearly as bad as the Cowboys now. At least Bradshaw gets a chance. Murray barely sees a run without defenders being in the backfield.
                          I dont mean to intrude or anything, but don't use that cleveland game as full judgement on our OL. Yes there were some plays (the David Wilson TD) where the blocking was phenomenal, but Cleveland's safeties didn't fill the hole, Jackson got injured, and without Haden they probably had to denote more strategy to the pass.

                          Will Costa coming back help enough?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                            I dont mean to intrude or anything, but don't use that cleveland game as full judgement on our OL. Yes there were some plays (the David Wilson TD) where the blocking was phenomenal, but Cleveland's safeties didn't fill the hole, Jackson got injured, and without Haden they probably had to denote more strategy to the pass.

                            Will Costa coming back help enough?
                            Costa won't help. Cook's been playing well (enough). Costa is just bad.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              To me it seems like he's lost some of his quickness and technique. Any news about him coming in overweight or anything of the sort? He just really looks lazy as hell, lethargic as he's shuffling his feet, almost flat footed in pass protection. He gets beaten on the reg by quick passrushers, it's like he forgot how to play the position. The interior is just trash, and Free stopped giving a ****. If it weren't for Tyron Smith, we'd be fielding an arena-league level offensive line.
                              ...and if that wasn't bad enough, he's the most penalized lineman too with 6 so far.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                                I dont mean to intrude or anything, but don't use that cleveland game as full judgement on our OL. Yes there were some plays (the David Wilson TD) where the blocking was phenomenal, but Cleveland's safeties didn't fill the hole, Jackson got injured, and without Haden they probably had to denote more strategy to the pass.

                                Will Costa coming back help enough?
                                I get that the Giants' OL is bad. I wasn't saying that they're good, but that the Cowboys is worse. lol
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

                                Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information