This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
    jimmy robinson has a great reputation as wr coach, he developed pro bowl wr's in greg jennings and jordy nelson in gb, so he ain't the problem, the recievers are flat out not making plays and running bad or wrong routes, its up to miles, dez and ogletree to make the plays in the games NOT THE COACH
    I think it's Tony's problem. As the leader of this team and this offense, it's his job to make sure his receivers are on the same page as him. We all know the work Tony has put in with Witten and it shows. Being roommates during training camp, hanging out off the field, all of that adds up and helps.

The great QBs know how to get the most out of their receivers. When you look at the best of the best... I see guys like Peyton and Marvin Harrison for example. They constantly worked together, even in pregame warm ups. You just don't see that kind of connection between Romo and his WRs. At least not to the same degree.

It's that word again... LEADERSHIP.

It's been a questionable issue for this team since Romo has been our starting QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I think it's Tony's problem. As the leader of this team and this offense, it's his job to make sure his receivers are on the same page as him. We all know the work Tony has put in with Witten and it shows. Being roommates during training camp, hanging out off the field, all of that adds up and helps.

The great QBs know how to get the most out of their receivers. When you look at the best of the best... I see guys like Peyton and Marvin Harrison for example. They constantly worked together, even in pregame warm ups. You just don't see that kind of connection between Romo and his WRs. At least not to the same degree.

It's that word again... LEADERSHIP.

It's been a questionable issue for this team since Romo has been our starting QB.
      that sounds nice but as a player and a man you have to be accountable and do what your supposed to do. these guys are highly paid athletes not pee wee players, romo can't throw it and catch it. maybe the cowboys have a bunch of dumb players who have good athleticism but simply don't make smart plays. we could have al pacino give a great speech about the six inches in front of your face but ultimately its a TEAM GAME all 11 guys have to execute and if not the problems we've seen the first 9 games will continue.

leadership is not necessarily the problems, its dumb players doing dumb stuff to lose games. for example on harris punt return td if you watch that play #23 on the backside gunner runs in behind the guy and trips him up and could've easily been called a clip we were fortunate the ref didn't see it but his block had no bearing on the play but could have brought back a td, DUMB PLAYER DOING DUMB STUFF

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
        that sounds nice but as a player and a man you have to be accountable and do what your supposed to do. these guys are highly paid athletes not pee wee players, romo can't throw it and catch it. maybe the cowboys have a bunch of dumb players who have good athleticism but simply don't make smart plays. we could have al pacino give a great speech about the six inches in front of your face but ultimately its a TEAM GAME all 11 guys have to execute and if not the problems we've seen the first 9 games will continue.

leadership is not necessarily the problems, its dumb players doing dumb stuff to lose games. for example on harris punt return td if you watch that play #23 on the backside gunner runs in behind the guy and trips him up and could've easily been called a clip we were fortunate the ref didn't see it but his block had no bearing on the play but could have brought back a td, DUMB PLAYER DOING DUMB STUFF
        Yeah, but attention to the problem, practice, study, hard work and correction can help dumb players not do dumb things. Those things all fall under "leadership".

I think the dumb label is being tossed about too much as an excuse.

Bottom line is that the QB and the WRs haven't been on the right page and I'm not using the excuse that the WRs are "dumb". Romo has weapons that he's not making use of. Can you imagine if we had gone after Peyton Manning?

Anyways, I think a good beat down of the Browns tomorrow can do a lot to repair our image. If we lose, I'll be furious.

Comment

Yeah, but attention to the problem, practice, study, hard work and correction can help dumb players not do dumb things. Those things all fall under "leadership".

Bottom line is that the QB and the WRs haven't been on the right page and I'm not using the excuse that the WRs are "dumb". Romo has weapons that he's not making use of. Can you imagine if we had gone after Peyton Manning?

Anyways, I think a good beat down of the Browns tomorrow can do a lot to repair our image. If we lose, I'll be furious.
          you watch the game, you can't help but say how dumb this team is at times, remember scandrick last year running up behind guys on punt returns and getting those block in the back penalties which negated 3 big punt returns, that just dumb stuff, the offsides penalites even with a rookie at qb, dumb stuff. the bottom line with the offense is romo has to deal with recievers screwing up, but it wouldn't that bad if he wasn't running for his life 80% of the time. the offensive line is not going to get much better, so the skill guys need to step and make plays and not heartbreaking mistakes. if the others players would take it upon themselves to step up and know and execute their assignments we would be alot better than 4-5

oh yeah btw what's up d and rest of the forum ive been away for a awhile, but its good to be back online ive been busy plus not wanting to think about raggedy performance of our team has kept me away. hoping for win tomorrow

Comment

• breaking news kevin kowalski has been called up to the 53 man roster, matt johnson was put on IR to make room

danny coale put IR with an ACL tear, he was injured in thursday practice during special teams. hoping his second year will go better than his rookie season

Comment

I think the "leadership" lable is being tossed about to much.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Costa and Ryan Cook are both out. We need to draft a Center in the worst way next year. Now watch we still go out of shotgun a ton today.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  I think the "leadership" lable is being tossed about to much.
                  Cute. But but when you have a QB who in his career has spent his time off the field dating starlets, going to Cancun on a playoff Bye Week, trying to make the cut at the US Open during every offseason... a guy who hasn't seemed to improve since he first started... same strengths, same weaknesses...

Good leadership can mitigate players making dumb mistakes.

Watching Romo and Oggs completely on different pages on that 3rd down miss DEFINES Romo and HIS offense.

Comment

• Somebody give Romo screen shots of the defense for him to study. All he's doing is watching the game like a fan. :/

Comment

Somebody give Romo screen shots of the defense for him to study. All he's doing is watching the game like a fan. :/
                      Unless the screens show Tony how to get Rob to blitz a rookies QB or Garrett to run on down and short it wont help.
                      Originally posted by D-Unit
                      I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• This line is horrible.

Comment

• Doug Free is soo bad. I would take Alex Barron back.
                          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Comment

• This is not going well....

Comment

Cute. But but when you have a QB who in his career has spent his time off the field dating starlets, going to Cancun on a playoff Bye Week, trying to make the cut at the US Open during every offseason... a guy who hasn't seemed to improve since he first started... same strengths, same weaknesses...

Good leadership can mitigate players making dumb mistakes.

Watching Romo and Oggs completely on different pages on that 3rd down miss DEFINES Romo and HIS offense.
                              Cant block, cant run, run the wrong routes, Damn that Romo!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• LOL. Anyone who blames Tony, Felix, Fez etc for our offensives woes should just watch this game until it sinks in. We are soooo hamstrung by our offensives line. Berny, Dockery, and Free should not be drawing NFL wages.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information