Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You keep Roy where he is. You leave the secondary as is. Tell Roy to drop a few pounds and just let him play. Just improve the pass rush and also add a new D coordinator, you'd be surprised at how much things could change.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

He got nearly 60 yards on both those carries.

Julius is worth a 3 or 4 to a team like Miami (no Ricky I assume) or to a team like Greenbay / Houston / et al/

Anyway.

Comment

• Heartbreaking loss guys but dont hang it all on Romo he is a good QB and will lead your team IMO for many years.

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• We need a WR who is 6'6 or something.

With respect to the jump ball.... the point is to have a few guys around it with one guy jumping for it.

Just did not happen.

Comment

• This is not Major League Baseball. Trades in the NFL are very rare. and we can't trade JJ because he is a free agent anyways I believe.....and if he isn't then he will stay put.

Oh and Thule the interesting thing about you mentioning Keyshawn, there is actually a void in his contract and he can opt out of his deal and leave to free agency. There are rumors he may return to Dallas and TO goes. Not sure I like that or not but I did hear that.
            "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
              We need a WR who is 6'6 or something.

With respect to the jump ball.... the point is to have a few guys around it with one guy jumping for it.

Just did not happen.
              That's one thing I'll agree with. 100% in fact.
              "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                You keep Roy where he is. You leave the secondary as is. Tell Roy to drop a few pounds and just let him play. Just improve the pass rush and also add a new D coordinator, you'd be surprised at how much things could change.
                Well, if Roy can drop 20 and play with some quickness and speed then ...... at least he is only 1 step behind versus 2. Maybe he can defelct a few poorly thrown passes.

Fing imbecile Deion bad mouthing Parcells and syaing nice things about Switzer. What a jerk. Anything to protect his homies.

Comment

Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

Julius is worth a 3 or 4 to a team like Miami (no Ricky I assume) or to a team like Greenbay / Houston / et al/

Anyway.
                  Not you...but whoever said JJ is a FA is wrong...he has two years left on his rookie contract I believe he is a FA next year...and will be looking for a hefty contract....if someone feels like digging up the YAC I think you will be surprised how low he stacks up.

If we don't get a second round pick or better...he will be our running back next year...he holds more value to this team then a 3rd round pick....I mean he did rush for a 1000 yards....he doesn't NEED to be replaced...but if the offer comes along like a midsecond and a guy we like is on the board the it would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                    You keep Roy where he is. You leave the secondary as is. Tell Roy to drop a few pounds and just let him play. Just improve the pass rush and also add a new D coordinator, you'd be surprised at how much things could change.
                    Well, if Roy can drop 20 and play with some quickness and speed then ...... at least he is only 1 step behind versus 2. Maybe he can defelct a few poorly thrown passes.

Fing imbecile Deion bad mouthing Parcells and syaing nice things about Switzer. What a jerk. Anything to protect his homies.
                    Or you keep roy near the LOS...this is the easiest way to hide his liability in speed/coverage...It will put alot more pressure on our LB's and CBs and Safeties...but if Watkins can become a true center fielder and we can generate pressure we won't have a problem leaving Roy up near the line...this is where he needs to be. He is at his best in the box....if we don't get him there...he is completely useless to this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                      This is not Major League Baseball. Trades in the NFL are very rare. and we can't trade JJ because he is a free agent anyways I believe.....and if he isn't then he will stay put.

Oh and Thule the interesting thing about you mentioning Keyshawn, there is actually a void in his contract and he can opt out of his deal and leave to free agency. There are rumors he may return to Dallas and TO goes. Not sure I like that or not but I did hear that.
                      So what do you recommend, sit on your duff?

You don't think that Julius, Burnett or Williams can be traded? Even Keith Davis can be trade I think.

James, I agree, is a piece of crap with no real value.

So let us assume no one is traded ........

I am all for letting Elam fight for the SS position next year. If Archuleta can sit with his contract so can Roy "fat ass" Williams.

I would love to see Watkins get there but what if not?????? Watkins is Option A but I feel Henry is Option B. Safety in a Cover 2 is hard and I am not sure a rookie can play it. In fact CB in Cover 2 (2 Deep) is much easier.

I am all for benching Bradie and trying to move Carpenter or a faster ILB into the mix. Carpenter and Burnett need to start. Bradie and Ellis need to be situational guys. If Donnie Edwards can play ILB at 225 -- why not Burnett at 240. In fact Burnett is as big as most the ILBs in the 3-4. Check out the other guys in SD, NE, etc....

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                        Originally posted by cowboysforever
                        Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

Anyway.
                        Not you...but whoever said JJ is a FA is wrong...he has two years left on his rookie contract I believe he is a FA next year...and will be looking for a hefty contract....if someone feels like digging up the YAC I think you will be surprised how low he stacks up.

If we don't get a second round pick or better...he will be our running back next year...he holds more value to this team then a 3rd round pick....I mean he did rush for a 1000 yards....he doesn't NEED to be replaced...but if the offer comes along like a midsecond and a guy we like is on the board the it would make sense.
                        I would take Booker or Moss over him any day. And both are 3rd rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by thule

Anyway.

Of course you would...I mean who wouldn't take two unprooven players and want them over a back that rushed for 1000 yards while splitting carries?

The only way JJ is gone is if we get good value for him...a third round pick is not worth it.

Comment

Or you keep roy near the LOS...this is the easiest way to hide his liability in speed/coverage...It will put alot more pressure on our LB's and CBs and Safeties...but if Watkins can become a true center fielder and we can generate pressure we won't have a problem leaving Roy up near the line...this is where he needs to be. He is at his best in the box....if we don't get him there...he is completely useless to this team.
                            Thule, our 3-4 plays too much zone and puts too much in the hands of the safeties to get away with this.

All 3-4 Safeties must be able to cover. Roy is just HORRID and I do not redesign my Defense to cover up an AVERAGE players liabilities. That is INSANE.

Comment

Anyway.

Of course you would...I mean who wouldn't take two unprooven players and want them over a back that rushed for 1000 yards while splitting carries?

The only way JJ is gone is if we get good value for him...a third round pick is not worth it.
                              So let me use your line of reasoning ..... we don't trade Julius for a Booker or Moss but we keep Julius for one year and give him a huge contract in spite of the fact you just said he was soft.

WTF? Make up your mind. I am lost.

Regardless, why keep a painful handicap if you have a chance for serious upside?

Booker has upside. Speed and can catch the ball

Moss has upside. Moss is a big back with some speed. Played on a horrid OL.

Keep Julius is just a non-answer.

Comment

Thule, our 3-4 plays too much zone and puts too much in the hands of the safeties to get away with this.

All 3-4 Safeties must be able to cover. Roy is just HORRID and I do not redesign my Defense to cover up an AVERAGE players liabilities. That is INSANE.
                                Well our 3-4 Defense is not performing to the level of talent on the field...something needs to be changed...and it shouldn't cost the team millions of dollars of nothing to do it.

I guess polamalu doesn't get to play rover in Pitt? I guess Harrison was always forced to play deep cover 2 in NE...

There are many varieties of the 3-4 defense. Roy hasn't been playing cover 2 all year...this only happened after the Eagles game when we had trouble stopping the big play...this comes down to trust...something parcells didn't have in our secondary the second half of the year.

So we bring in a D Cord...that can improvise and get our players to play to their stregnths and we are a whole different ball club.

And my last point...

You call Roy an average player...while I don't agree his is just average...that doesn't really matter. Even if Roy is an average player...he isn't making Average Player Money....which is why it is worth hiding his weaknesses.....if it wasn't a big deal we would trade him..but like i said this is a business and that doesn't make sense economically.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information