X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule
    Originally posted by Jdallas
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... I came to BURY him not praise him ....

"Lions quarterback Jon Kitna told a Seattle radio station earlier this week that Cowboys linebacker Bradie James looked completely lost when he watched him on film. James got beat by Jerramy Stevens on the touchdown pass, but he did finish with 11 tackles Saturday."
    Just a note on the Stevens pass where it looks like Bradie is beat. Technically the coverage is designed to have a LB in zone underneath and a safety over the top. There is a hole in the zone between the two and the coverage is designed so that if the TE/Receiver is going up the field the LB can chase and force the QB to put more air under the ball to give the safety more time to react and create a more difficult pass. I'm not saying a faster LB wouldn't be better in that situation because it would, I'm just trying to explain it's more Roy's fault for being out of position than Bradie's. Bradie was performing the coverage correct to the best of his abilities, but Roy wasn't there over the top.

Like I said in my list of needs I think we need one more nickel LB. Bradie is perfect for our 3-4 and he needs his size to hold up against guards in the running game and he does a great job of that, but I never really understood why he also played in the nickel defense. He may be improved over when he came here, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to thrive in that role.

It's too bad that we didn't move Hoyte to FB earlier in the season. I think it's obvious he outplayed Polite in that role and should only get better with experience. I don't blame the coaching staff for not moving him in training camp and I actually think it's a credit to them that they did eventually move him, but if he would have been a FB in training camp we would have had one LB spot open which could have been filled by Shanle or Boiman who I think could have excelled playing in the nickel defense.
    I can't remember who pointed this guys out...but his name was mentioned about 10 pages ago.

Sabby Piscitelli (6'2", 221, 4.52)
    He is a SS playing for Oregon State. He is at his best when playing in a zone. Has a mean streak. Possesses adequate top-end speed and shows adequate range. Possesses good athletic ability, can change directions quickly and flashes the ability to stay with tight ends in man coverage. Is tall, has good leaping ability and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills and flashes the ability to make the big play in coverage. Plays with a good motor and should make special teams' contributions early on.

He has trouble disengaging blocks and he won't be able to man up one on one with the slot reciever.

Anyways...this guy screams what your calling for to me. He is a second day pick at this point..and won't run a great time. He could do wonders playing deep middle with Watkins...plus we would have good size back their against the deep ball.
    that was me but the writeup i got has him much faster and for sure a first day pick.

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State's Defensive Leader
    Oregon State has enjoyed quite a bit of success this fall, knocking off the likes of USC, Oregon, and Hawai'i. A big reason for their success is senior safety Sabby Piscitelli. The Boca Raton, Florida, native combines outstanding size (6'3", 225#) with blazing speed. He has been timed in the 4.3s. He is the unquestioned leader of a young defense who leads vocally and by example. He's a ballhawk who tallied 5 interceptions as a senior to give him 15 for his career. Despite all of his production, he's vastly underrated. A good showing in the Sun Bowl against Missouri and their passing attack could go a long way to making Sabby a household name.

: Oregon State Sports Information
    Release: 06/20/2005
    2006: Piscitelli (pronounced PIS-kuh-TELL-ee) is one of the premier safeties in the conference...the quarterback of the defensive backfield...also has seen spot action at cornerback...a knack for being around the ball and making a big play... played in 36 consecutive games and has made 23 straight starts...one of the fastest players on the team and a generally underrated player

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• After reading BBD's post on trading Roy for a 2nd, I agree. Could get someone like Nelson in the first, BPA with their second and Meriweather(I'm positive he could man-up the TE and tackle good enough to play SS) with our 2nd.

Manuel Ramirez with the 3rd...I think I could deal with that. Just a thought though.

Comment

• Just a note..Parcells has until Feb 1st to make his decision on whether or not he is gonna be the coach next year.

If he returns, there could be changes on the coaching staff. At least five assistants are in the final year of their deals, including defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who has been paid $1 million a season for the last three years. Special teams coach Bruce DeHaven, running backs coach Anthony Lynn, offensive assistant David Lee and safeties coach Mike McIntyre also have contracts that expire shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
          All that stuff about Roy is obviously true but we're pretty much stuck with him now after we gave him that big long contract extension. Who would trade for him anyway? Roy doesn't really fit into any defense very well.

I really want us to cut TO. He got shut down by Pete freaking Hunter in that game, dropped another pass and ran really poor routes again. I know the Hawks were playing a really conservative cover 2 but TO should still be able to beat Pete Hunter and or Kelly Jennnings. The huge baggage he brings is obvious and really doesn't even have to be mentioned but when you combine that with the fact that he's just an aging player with declining ability it makes no sense to retain him for another year as that's usually the year in which his cancer completely infects and destructs the team. He did put up good numbers but they were really hollow misleading numbers. With the exception of the Atlanta game he really didn't make very many game changing plays at all. Also, he led the entire leage in dropped passes, I believe the number including the playoff game is up to 20 now, 20 dropped passes. I also think TO is a big coward as a lot of his drops I believe were the result of looking for the hit he was about to take going over the middle.

Yall should read Cowlishaw's article on TO on cowboysplus.com, I totally agree with him.
          He would fit as a cover 2 WLB.

As far as the TO debate goes...you have been anti TO from the day he got here...they shaded his side the whole game....where was glenn? Don't like your hatred cloud your view.

We only had 9 passes cought by our recievers all game...it was more then just TO.

Another key note is the Seahawks got 2 sacks in this game...and probabally 10 hurries. The Seahawks only got 2 sacks in their last 4 games....our OL had a big part to do with our lack of WR production...Romo just didn't have the time and often checked down.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
            Originally posted by thule
            Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... I came to BURY him not praise him ....

"Lions quarterback Jon Kitna told a Seattle radio station earlier this week that Cowboys linebacker Bradie James looked completely lost when he watched him on film. James got beat by Jerramy Stevens on the touchdown pass, but he did finish with 11 tackles Saturday."
            Just a note on the Stevens pass where it looks like Bradie is beat. Technically the coverage is designed to have a LB in zone underneath and a safety over the top. There is a hole in the zone between the two and the coverage is designed so that if the TE/Receiver is going up the field the LB can chase and force the QB to put more air under the ball to give the safety more time to react and create a more difficult pass. I'm not saying a faster LB wouldn't be better in that situation because it would, I'm just trying to explain it's more Roy's fault for being out of position than Bradie's. Bradie was performing the coverage correct to the best of his abilities, but Roy wasn't there over the top.

Like I said in my list of needs I think we need one more nickel LB. Bradie is perfect for our 3-4 and he needs his size to hold up against guards in the running game and he does a great job of that, but I never really understood why he also played in the nickel defense. He may be improved over when he came here, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to thrive in that role.

It's too bad that we didn't move Hoyte to FB earlier in the season. I think it's obvious he outplayed Polite in that role and should only get better with experience. I don't blame the coaching staff for not moving him in training camp and I actually think it's a credit to them that they did eventually move him, but if he would have been a FB in training camp we would have had one LB spot open which could have been filled by Shanle or Boiman who I think could have excelled playing in the nickel defense.
            I can't remember who pointed this guys out...but his name was mentioned about 10 pages ago.

He is a SS playing for Oregon State. He is at his best when playing in a zone. Has a mean streak. Possesses adequate top-end speed and shows adequate range. Possesses good athletic ability, can change directions quickly and flashes the ability to stay with tight ends in man coverage. Is tall, has good leaping ability and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills and flashes the ability to make the big play in coverage. Plays with a good motor and should make special teams' contributions early on.

He has trouble disengaging blocks and he won't be able to man up one on one with the slot reciever.

Anyways...this guy screams what your calling for to me. He is a second day pick at this point..and won't run a great time. He could do wonders playing deep middle with Watkins...plus we would have good size back their against the deep ball.
            that was me but the writeup i got has him much faster and for sure a first day pick.

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State has enjoyed quite a bit of success this fall, knocking off the likes of USC, Oregon, and Hawai'i. A big reason for their success is senior safety Sabby Piscitelli. The Boca Raton, Florida, native combines outstanding size (6'3", 225#) with blazing speed. He has been timed in the 4.3s. He is the unquestioned leader of a young defense who leads vocally and by example. He's a ballhawk who tallied 5 interceptions as a senior to give him 15 for his career. Despite all of his production, he's vastly underrated. A good showing in the Sun Bowl against Missouri and their passing attack could go a long way to making Sabby a household name.

2006: Piscitelli (pronounced PIS-kuh-TELL-ee) is one of the premier safeties in the conference...the quarterback of the defensive backfield...also has seen spot action at cornerback...a knack for being around the ball and making a big play... played in 36 consecutive games and has made 23 straight starts...one of the fastest players on the team and a generally underrated player
            Well my information came from scout.com but either way alot of it is the same. He played spot CB early in his career...and while he has a knack for making the big play...he also gets beat alot on double moves...very aggressive playing style. I'm sure he has ran a 4.3 fourty in his life...but I anticipate low 4.4 or high 4.5

I think he is right around that 4th round range right now. This is a deep safety draft...he is a nice option later in the draft.

I really like the idea of trading up to get Landry if Roy isn't on this team next year...however unlikely I find it I think Landry fills the best SS coverage guy in this draft. My question is....he is targeted by Houston at 8. Scott claims this is way to early for him...while I beg the differ lets just say this happens. They decide to go a different route.

Now we are looking at Mia...safe to say they don't go here...but ATL is on the board next...do we trade up to #9...that is our first...a top 15 second...and our 3rd...that seems like alot.

Lets say ATL goes Nelson...since that seems to be their preference. SF is next on the board...and they could go Landry it seems doubtful...Buff is set...and STL will probabally go front 7. Then Carolina comes up...now if this draft is as QB heavy as it appears a guy like Brohm makes this pick a no brainer for them...but if Landry is on board with no safeties...they have to take him...so I think we have to get into the top 15 no matter what to land Landry...not only will we have to give up atleast two first day picks but we have to hope for alot to happen just to land him. It will be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dpl85
              All that stuff about Roy is obviously true but we're pretty much stuck with him now after we gave him that big long contract extension. Who would trade for him anyway? Roy doesn't really fit into any defense very well.

I really want us to cut TO. He got shut down by Pete freaking Hunter in that game, dropped another pass and ran really poor routes again. I know the Hawks were playing a really conservative cover 2 but TO should still be able to beat Pete Hunter and or Kelly Jennnings. The huge baggage he brings is obvious and really doesn't even have to be mentioned but when you combine that with the fact that he's just an aging player with declining ability it makes no sense to retain him for another year as that's usually the year in which his cancer completely infects and destructs the team. He did put up good numbers but they were really hollow misleading numbers. With the exception of the Atlanta game he really didn't make very many game changing plays at all. Also, he led the entire leage in dropped passes, I believe the number including the playoff game is up to 20 now, 20 dropped passes. I also think TO is a big coward as a lot of his drops I believe were the result of looking for the hit he was about to take going over the middle.

Yall should read Cowlishaw's article on TO on cowboysplus.com, I totally agree with him.
              He would fit as a cover 2 WLB.

As far as the TO debate goes...you have been anti TO from the day he got here...they shaded his side the whole game....where was glenn? Don't like your hatred cloud your view.

We only had 9 passes cought by our recievers all game...it was more then just TO.

Another key note is the Seahawks got 2 sacks in this game...and probabally 10 hurries. The Seahawks only got 2 sacks in their last 4 games....our OL had a big part to do with our lack of WR production...Romo just didn't have the time and often checked down.
              So after ripping me about Roy the tide turns on the board and everyone is singing a different tune on this one

Jeez, fickle fans with short, selective memories.

Well, at least my thanks to the Giatns fans for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces
                Originally posted by thule

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

Well my information came from scout.com but either way alot of it is the same. He played spot CB early in his career...and while he has a knack for making the big play...he also gets beat alot on double moves...very aggressive playing style. I'm sure he has ran a 4.3 fourty in his life...but I anticipate low 4.4 or high 4.5

I think he is right around that 4th round range right now. This is a deep safety draft...he is a nice option later in the draft.

I really like the idea of trading up to get Landry if Roy isn't on this team next year...however unlikely I find it I think Landry fills the best SS coverage guy in this draft. My question is....he is targeted by Houston at 8. Scott claims this is way to early for him...while I beg the differ lets just say this happens. They decide to go a different route.

Now we are looking at Mia...safe to say they don't go here...but ATL is on the board next...do we trade up to #9...that is our first...a top 15 second...and our 3rd...that seems like alot.

Lets say ATL goes Nelson...since that seems to be their preference. SF is next on the board...and they could go Landry it seems doubtful...Buff is set...and STL will probabally go front 7. Then Carolina comes up...now if this draft is as QB heavy as it appears a guy like Brohm makes this pick a no brainer for them...but if Landry is on board with no safeties...they have to take him...so I think we have to get into the top 15 no matter what to land Landry...not only will we have to give up atleast two first day picks but we have to hope for alot to happen just to land him. It will be very interesting.
                Weddle, Griffin, Ross may all fall into an early 2 and they could play Roy's spot with Watkins at FS. Imagine two safeties who can cover.

Hey even Elam, in fact, could play Roy's spot more effectively than Roy. Better cover Safety if not as big a hitter.

Comment

• Pray Tressel wins and goes to Cleveland. Go Buckeyes!

(** UoM guy so this pains me to no end **)

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                    Pray Tressel wins and goes to Cleveland. Go Buckeyes!

only thing I could pray for, is that Tressel gets raped by 3 horny she-males.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                      Pray Tressel wins and goes to Cleveland. Go Buckeyes!

only thing I could pray for, is that Tressel gets raped by 3 horny she-males.
                      After he takes the Cleveland job. Too funny. Maybe when can send Lloyd in for sloppy seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                        It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..
                        Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... sorry ....

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Well, we do know that putting Ware on the SS was something the coaching staff was thinking about doing when we were analyzing the possiblility of drafting Manny Lawson.

The more I think about the idea, the more I like it. It's high time we start giving Burnett more PT. He's not only last year's second round pick, but good things happen when he is in the game. His versatility complements Ware perfectly as he has the versatility to switch sides as well.

I know we drafted Carp to play SOLB, but I like the move BP has done putting him at WILB. Carp reminds me of a Mike Vrabel type. Another versatile LB who used to play WILB, but has moved to SOLB with the addition of Seau.
                          Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                            Bradie James is definitely our defensive emotional leader and he's very vocal in his leadership role. I really think he also deserves a pro bowl berth although he probably won't get it as he's still kind of an unknown entity around the league. Bradie has really had a great season thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                              Originally posted by Number-94
                              Well...no excuses we got killed. The only person who had a good game was Newman they kept away from where he was and he showed his tackling skills. Roy Wlliams and Davis got PWNED. But, I think we are asking to much of Roy to play center field.

We need a LB that can man up a TE or RB. This is why I wanted them to sign Julian Peterson, I think he would of been a big differnence to what we are now. Something else that bugs me how the hell do we get beat by a blocking FB for 3TDs.

Last but certainly not least...fire Zimmer and get an actual 3-4 DC!
                              NO MORE LB!! sorry, as I said before we invested to much money and to many picks on linebackers.

Comment

I am not a fan of our MLBs. James is slow and neither can cover worth a lick.

I think last two weeks have shown that. We are escorting TEs and RBs to super star status via the coverage mistakes and speed deficit.

Ayodele for what it is worth looks like a much smoother athlete than Bradie.

Contract or not, we are over stocked at LB and should use them as trade fodder.

I think we can play with one of them slow footed plodders but not two.
                                I don't get what you don't understand. Bradie is the heart of this defense along with Roy. He is responsible for this defense. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and when you invest money into a player you don't exactly cut your losses. I mean if they were under performing I could see where you are comign from. But they are not. They are the middle of a top 5 defense in the league...just because they can't cover Reggie Bush outta the backfield doesn't mean we need to trade them for Thomas Howard. THIS ISN'T MADDEN.
                                I don't understand anything. ROTFLMAO. Roy and Bradie. Nice.

Thule, can you see where I am coming from NOW?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information