Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cowboysforever
    A few short notes:

    Flo played great. Looking better and better. Our Tackles are pretty good.

    Guards need to be replaced. They get pushed around way too much.

    New Orleans will lose 2 of 3. They played their Super Bowl last week. Similar to Philly and G-Men after the Oct games with the Boys. Played their best games of season versus Cowboys.

    Philly gets pack back today.

    Anyway.....
    I dunno what I am talking about. ROTFLMAO!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paul
      Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Thule, I will say the following to placate you and the other 'don't worry be happy guyz'

      Keep TO and the RB mess. Keep Roy and Watkins and only one slow ILB but I beg .....

      Get us two quality athletic, powerful guards, get us a real NT to push the pocket and rotate with Fergie, get Carpenter at ILB and get us a real WOLB so we can move Ware to SOLB where he belongs.

      Screw the cap hit. Already did it for a kicker.
      You act as if you were more knowledgeable then BP or anybody else on that staff. We all know the weaknesses on the team, we know Rivera is terrible , the TO drops are not good and Roy playing in center field is just a bad idea, but you seem to overreact and come up with some of the most ridiculous "cures". That is why you have very little respect and credibility around here. We cannot just cut and trade everybody at a whim, especially players like Roy and Bradie. You may think there "Slow", but they are the heart of this D, they are the leaders when they go out there. That's what you seem to forget or even consider. You just want "Fast" players and "athletes", you can take the best athletes if you want, but I want the best Football players.

      Face it cowboysforever, you pretty much put yourself into a position where nobody will ever take your ideas and theories seriously just for the mere fact you never take into account the consequences it may bring to the cap, the chemistry and really you arguments never have any kind of rationality. So please, for your own sake, shut up.
      Yup. Uh huh.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        Originally posted by dpl85
        I want to believe this was just an abberation and not indicative of how good or bad we really are. If we lose next week we don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway, it's a one game season right now. We have to run the ball a lot more to take the onus off Tony like Pitt did with Ben.
        Yup, thats how you "fix" the offense if thats what you guys want to assume. I think it was just an off day, but there are some things that teams will use against Dallas to stop Romo, like play contain with their ends and blitz a DB or bring pressure up the middle with MIKE blitzes.

        But I think the answer to that is simply running the ball more. I was surprised that BP just thrusted Romo into the mix like he did, I honeslty expected him to have a Ben like role. I think now that Romo has had 1.5 bad games in a row (1st half against Giants), I think he'll bring in the reigns a little.

        Defensively...I don't know if there is an adjustment that can be done. He moved Ware around that game, he blitzed, there really wasn't anything else to do, outside of DB blitzes.

        I think teams will start to use NO's blueprint of picking on your safeties. If thats the case, youre gonna have to go with more man coverage schemes.

        This puts a lot of pressure on Carp to defend the TE in man coverage, because the zone schemes are vulnerable deep because of your safeties. So now its time for Carp to earn his money. I thought he did a good job last night when on the field, but he needs field time to learn. Why isn't BP giving him more field time?
        Big Blue is very good. Hate to admit it. Best on the board.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cowboysforever
          Top 5 Defenses don't give up 42 points in three quarters at Home with the chance to lock up a bye and home field advantage for a play off game.

          Sorry your assertion this D is good is wrong. This defense has a horrid time matching up with teams that have good TE and RB packakes in the pass game. Horrid.

          With respect to Roy and James being heart and soul players with big contracts I think my response is contracts are not guaranteed and at times just cuz a guy is excess for us or a bad fit does not mean he is bad for other teams.

          This is my WR argument in reverse and why even Davis has value as a SS in spite of his FS deficits.

          Again, need to have a strategy to contemplate and execute this proposal. If you think D is good enuff then you stay the course.

          I don't -- too slow in the middle of the field. From NT to MLB to Safeties.

          This is why we have the problems we have Defensively.
          Ya, I dunno nothing. Only thing I changed my mind on was Akin. Played much better last half of season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Originally posted by leroyisgod
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Originally posted by cowboysforever
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Originally posted by cowboysforever
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Ok, I payed very very close attention to this game, and I have alot of things to say. So this write up may be long, but I have some things that I really would like to point out so bear with me here. I'll do it in my regular bulletin format.

            - I think I mightve figured out the issue with the pass rush. Its the DEs. I tivoed the game and looked at it over and over and I saw the same mistakes from the DEs on pass plays play after play. Especially Spears. Here's the problem. Theyre not occupying the blockers the right way. Their gap assignment is different depending on whether its a run play or pass play.

            For example, suppose the DC calls OLB fire. Now, if its a run play, the DE has rush in and occupy the OG, the OLB comes and takes on the Tackle. If its a pass play, the DE is supposed to occupy the Tackle and let the OLB come free on the blitz. Consistently I saw Spears and Canty read the oline incorrectly and fire the run gap on pass plays. In fact, its almost like they fire the run gap all the time no matter what. Thats incorrect. Theyre not helping their OLBs in the pass rush. Now, it may seem difficult superficially to guess what the play is, but honestly, its pretty simple. The oline reacts very differently after the hike on a run play or pass play. Pass plays they drop backwards, run plays they pull forward. So right away, the DE should know what his assignment is. Yet both DE's weren't filling the right holes during pass plays.

            This is a very superficial explanation, because it could get quite complex, but what Im trying to say in simple terms is that the DEs are not occupying the oline properly. On some plays where theyre supposed to occupy the Tackle, they don't. When they stunt inwards and occupy the OG in pass plays, thats designed to maximize an interior push, and theyre failing at creating that interior pressure. Its the DEs.

            - Ive heard alot being said about the FS. But thats bull. Watkins did fine. The FS was not the problem against the Seahawks. It was the SS, Roy Williams. Now, Ive been supportive of him at times during this season, but quite honestly, its time for him to take some responsibility. I don't want to hear about how a quality FS will allow him to play in the box and either blitz or cover the flats on passing downs.

            Thats not what a safety does. You have LINEBACKERS for that. A safety is supposed to cover a deep zone and cover the TE. Something that Roy is ridiculously inept at doing. Youre telling me his job is to cover the flats or blitz on pass downs? If thats the case, why not just come out with 5 LBs? Roy is not a safety, not at his current frame. He either needs to shed 20 Lbs and become a safety who can cover, or he needs to be traded into a different system as a Cover 2 LB. Because at his current state, he is not a safety. And he is the reason why you have safety issues. He gave up 2 TDs against the Hawks. TWO. The Cover 2 play he got there late, the man coverage on the TE, he got destroyed and owned. He's the problem. Not Watkins. And quite honestly, I think Watkins will be very good next year. He has all the physical ability, he just needs refinement. And that will happen in the offseason.

            - Terry Glenn had a very uncharacteristic performance in that game. I was shocked.

            - I felt that Romo shouldve gone to Witten more.

            - Anthony Fasano did nothing. I guess he is not developing as quickly as BP wouldve liked.

            - Ware needs to improve his pass rush. That is very obvious. And how did Hasselbeck put the okey doke on him? He had Matt in his hands and just wiffed. And Ive seen him give up on plays when he gets owned. Thats not good. He's a great player with so much potential, he needs to work on his pass rush this offseason

            - Bobby Carpenter is gonna be a fine player. All the guys complaining about him need to eat crow, he's gonna be special next year. Heck, he had more impact on the game than Ware did. And he has more pass rush moves, just not as much physical ability. Carp will be very good.

            - The gameplans were fine, the offense and defense played fine. With the exception of Roy Williams, the defense did an overall great job.

            - I still think though you need a 3-4 DC because the defensive players are not learning as quickly as they should

            - The Romo fumble....that is gonna hurt for a long time. I still remember the San Fran game for the Giants, that type of play pains a franchise and lingers.

            - Overall, BP would be foolish to leave. This team will be better next year than it was this year. He built a great program, and it would be dumb for him to leave so someone else can take credit for the program he's built. Im expecting Dallas to really be a dangerous team next year.
            Big Blue you are dead with Roy Williams. I am so happy I am getting some back up here.

            What did you think of Bradie James?
            I agree with you on Roy, but James is fine. He's their run thumper on the inside. Like Teddy Johnson was for the Pats, like Harry Carson was for the Giants, like James Farrior is for the Steelers, like Godfrey is for the Chargers. He's a fine LB. They need someone on the inside who can compliment him if youre looking for better pass coverage, but I think Akin fits the bill. Worst case scenario, move Bobby inside and draft another speed rusher on the edge. But I wouldn't do that, I like Bobby on the perimeter. They seem to have solved the flats issues. Teams tried to isolate their FBs, but they just put Ware on them, and that was done. The flats and inside intermediate zones are fine.

            What teams have had success with is isolating Roy Williams and just picking on him. Their safeties as a whole played poorly. The FS because he was a rookie, but Roy has no excuse. He was a 1st round pick. He's not supposed to be just a good in the box run stuffer. He needs to take responsibility and stop feeding his own ego. The "hammer" was getting hammered by a 1st round bust TE in Seattle. Thats inexcuseable.

            I think Dallas is fine at LB. I think the issue is at safety.
            Farrior and Godfrey are fast and can cover. Bradie can not.

            Eithe way, what I will say is you can not go into next season with both Bradie and Roy playing coverage poorly on passing downs.

            Can not have TWO handicaps on the field at the same time.
            Whats great about Carp and Ware is that theyre interchangeable. That allows some great versatility and a smart DC can use them in mismatches and move them around. You could even move both of them inside and bullrush the interior if you want.

            James is fine. Every 3-4 defense needs a run thumper ILB. James is that. He's a hammer in the middle. And he's fine in coverage, as long as he's defending an intermediate middle zone, something that 3-4 ILBs predominately do anyway. On nickel downs he can be spelled. He's fine. The whole LB core is fine.

            Even the 3 downlinemen will be fine with more technique work. I think the issue is at SS. I hate beating down the issue but it has become apparrent to me that unless Roy loses 20 Lbs, he will continue to be a liability to this defense.

            In today's NFL, the safety must be able to cover the TE adequately. SAMs just don't fit that bill anymore. Dallas does not have that right now, and week in and week out theyre getting killed by the TE. With LJ Smith, Cooley, and Shockey in the division, this is something that must be addressed quickly. If it means trading Roy for a 2nd rounder, Id make that trade. This draft is deep at safety.

            Someone would bite on that trade. Roy is a fine player, but he's out of position. He's not the right fit in Dallas with their current system.
            What would you recommend doing with Roy?
            This is not going to be an opinion that many will agree with me on, but Id trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. As long as you guys run the 3-4, you really have no place for him on your team. Youre fitting a square peg in a round hole. Some team will take him for a 2nd rounder.

            With the stacked talent at safety this year, you can easily find his replacement. Michael Griffin is available, Merriweather is available, you can even package some picks and nab Laron Landry in round 1. It may not be a popular move, but in the long run it will be better for the defense.

            Only if he doesn't change his body in the offseason though. I think if he loses weight he can salvage his career as a safety. But he has to get down to 215. If he stays at the same weight, Id make an offseason move to get rid of him for a high draft pick.

            I think Roy Williams would dominate the game as a Cover 2 WILL. The problem is the Cowboys are not running Cover 2, theyre running the 3-4. Its just not gonna work. Not unless like I said, he changes his body.
            If we traded him, would we be taking some sort of salary cap hit?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Ok, I payed very very close attention to this game, and I have alot of things to say. So this write up may be long, but I have some things that I really would like to point out so bear with me here. I'll do it in my regular bulletin format.

              - I think I mightve figured out the issue with the pass rush. Its the DEs. I tivoed the game and looked at it over and over and I saw the same mistakes from the DEs on pass plays play after play. Especially Spears. Here's the problem. Theyre not occupying the blockers the right way. Their gap assignment is different depending on whether its a run play or pass play.

              For example, suppose the DC calls OLB fire. Now, if its a run play, the DE has rush in and occupy the OG, the OLB comes and takes on the Tackle. If its a pass play, the DE is supposed to occupy the Tackle and let the OLB come free on the blitz. Consistently I saw Spears and Canty read the oline incorrectly and fire the run gap on pass plays. In fact, its almost like they fire the run gap all the time no matter what. Thats incorrect. Theyre not helping their OLBs in the pass rush. Now, it may seem difficult superficially to guess what the play is, but honestly, its pretty simple. The oline reacts very differently after the hike on a run play or pass play. Pass plays they drop backwards, run plays they pull forward. So right away, the DE should know what his assignment is. Yet both DE's weren't filling the right holes during pass plays.

              This is a very superficial explanation, because it could get quite complex, but what Im trying to say in simple terms is that the DEs are not occupying the oline properly. On some plays where theyre supposed to occupy the Tackle, they don't. When they stunt inwards and occupy the OG in pass plays, thats designed to maximize an interior push, and theyre failing at creating that interior pressure. Its the DEs.

              - Ive heard alot being said about the FS. But thats bull. Watkins did fine. The FS was not the problem against the Seahawks. It was the SS, Roy Williams. Now, Ive been supportive of him at times during this season, but quite honestly, its time for him to take some responsibility. I don't want to hear about how a quality FS will allow him to play in the box and either blitz or cover the flats on passing downs.

              Thats not what a safety does. You have LINEBACKERS for that. A safety is supposed to cover a deep zone and cover the TE. Something that Roy is ridiculously inept at doing. Youre telling me his job is to cover the flats or blitz on pass downs? If thats the case, why not just come out with 5 LBs? Roy is not a safety, not at his current frame. He either needs to shed 20 Lbs and become a safety who can cover, or he needs to be traded into a different system as a Cover 2 LB. Because at his current state, he is not a safety. And he is the reason why you have safety issues. He gave up 2 TDs against the Hawks. TWO. The Cover 2 play he got there late, the man coverage on the TE, he got destroyed and owned. He's the problem. Not Watkins. And quite honestly, I think Watkins will be very good next year. He has all the physical ability, he just needs refinement. And that will happen in the offseason.

              - Terry Glenn had a very uncharacteristic performance in that game. I was shocked.

              - I felt that Romo shouldve gone to Witten more.

              - Anthony Fasano did nothing. I guess he is not developing as quickly as BP wouldve liked.

              - Ware needs to improve his pass rush. That is very obvious. And how did Hasselbeck put the okey doke on him? He had Matt in his hands and just wiffed. And Ive seen him give up on plays when he gets owned. Thats not good. He's a great player with so much potential, he needs to work on his pass rush this offseason

              - Bobby Carpenter is gonna be a fine player. All the guys complaining about him need to eat crow, he's gonna be special next year. Heck, he had more impact on the game than Ware did. And he has more pass rush moves, just not as much physical ability. Carp will be very good.

              - The gameplans were fine, the offense and defense played fine. With the exception of Roy Williams, the defense did an overall great job.

              - I still think though you need a 3-4 DC because the defensive players are not learning as quickly as they should

              - The Romo fumble....that is gonna hurt for a long time. I still remember the San Fran game for the Giants, that type of play pains a franchise and lingers.

              - Overall, BP would be foolish to leave. This team will be better next year than it was this year. He built a great program, and it would be dumb for him to leave so someone else can take credit for the program he's built. Im expecting Dallas to really be a dangerous team next year.
              Big Blue you are dead with Roy Williams. I am so happy I am getting some back up here.

              What did you think of Bradie James?
              I agree with you on Roy, but James is fine. He's their run thumper on the inside. Like Teddy Johnson was for the Pats, like Harry Carson was for the Giants, like James Farrior is for the Steelers, like Godfrey is for the Chargers. He's a fine LB. They need someone on the inside who can compliment him if youre looking for better pass coverage, but I think Akin fits the bill. Worst case scenario, move Bobby inside and draft another speed rusher on the edge. But I wouldn't do that, I like Bobby on the perimeter. They seem to have solved the flats issues. Teams tried to isolate their FBs, but they just put Ware on them, and that was done. The flats and inside intermediate zones are fine.

              What teams have had success with is isolating Roy Williams and just picking on him. Their safeties as a whole played poorly. The FS because he was a rookie, but Roy has no excuse. He was a 1st round pick. He's not supposed to be just a good in the box run stuffer. He needs to take responsibility and stop feeding his own ego. The "hammer" was getting hammered by a 1st round bust TE in Seattle. Thats inexcuseable.

              I think Dallas is fine at LB. I think the issue is at safety.
              Farrior and Godfrey are fast and can cover. Bradie can not.

              Eithe way, what I will say is you can not go into next season with both Bradie and Roy playing coverage poorly on passing downs.

              Can not have TWO handicaps on the field at the same time.
              Whats great about Carp and Ware is that theyre interchangeable. That allows some great versatility and a smart DC can use them in mismatches and move them around. You could even move both of them inside and bullrush the interior if you want.

              James is fine. Every 3-4 defense needs a run thumper ILB. James is that. He's a hammer in the middle. And he's fine in coverage, as long as he's defending an intermediate middle zone, something that 3-4 ILBs predominately do anyway. On nickel downs he can be spelled. He's fine. The whole LB core is fine.

              Even the 3 downlinemen will be fine with more technique work. I think the issue is at SS. I hate beating down the issue but it has become apparrent to me that unless Roy loses 20 Lbs, he will continue to be a liability to this defense.

              In today's NFL, the safety must be able to cover the TE adequately. SAMs just don't fit that bill anymore. Dallas does not have that right now, and week in and week out theyre getting killed by the TE. With LJ Smith, Cooley, and Shockey in the division, this is something that must be addressed quickly. If it means trading Roy for a 2nd rounder, Id make that trade. This draft is deep at safety.

              Someone would bite on that trade. Roy is a fine player, but he's out of position. He's not the right fit in Dallas with their current system.
              What would you recommend doing with Roy?
              This is not going to be an opinion that many will agree with me on, but Id trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. As long as you guys run the 3-4, you really have no place for him on your team. Youre fitting a square peg in a round hole. Some team will take him for a 2nd rounder.

              With the stacked talent at safety this year, you can easily find his replacement. Michael Griffin is available, Merriweather is available, you can even package some picks and nab Laron Landry in round 1. It may not be a popular move, but in the long run it will be better for the defense.

              Only if he doesn't change his body in the offseason though. I think if he loses weight he can salvage his career as a safety. But he has to get down to 215. If he stays at the same weight, Id make an offseason move to get rid of him for a high draft pick.

              I think Roy Williams would dominate the game as a Cover 2 WILL. The problem is the Cowboys are not running Cover 2, theyre running the 3-4. Its just not gonna work. Not unless like I said, he changes his body.
              If we traded him, would we be taking some sort of salary cap hit?
              Yes, unless a team we traded him to was willing to pay our penalty..which doesn't seem likely.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Originally posted by Paul
                Originally posted by Number-94
                Well...no excuses we got killed. The only person who had a good game was Newman they kept away from where he was and he showed his tackling skills. Roy Wlliams and Davis got PWNED. But, I think we are asking to much of Roy to play center field.

                We need a LB that can man up a TE or RB. This is why I wanted them to sign Julian Peterson, I think he would of been a big differnence to what we are now. Something else that bugs me how the hell do we get beat by a blocking FB for 3TDs.

                Last but certainly not least...fire Zimmer and get an actual 3-4 DC!
                NO MORE LB!! sorry, as I said before we invested to much money and to many picks on linebackers.
                Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... I came to BURY him not praise him ....

                "Lions quarterback Jon Kitna told a Seattle radio station earlier this week that Cowboys linebacker Bradie James looked completely lost when he watched him on film. James got beat by Jerramy Stevens on the touchdown pass, but he did finish with 11 tackles Saturday."
                funny that not only do you feel the need to keep repeating your self but also that you have to keep patting yourself on the back. are you insecure or what? its also funny that your quoting the dallas media because when i quoted them you blew it off as a"dallas media spin" so when things dont go your way its "spin" and if somebody agrees with one of your opinions its "the truth" huh. we will see what happens but i will bet you that roy and bradie will be playing on our team again next year and we will be listening to you repeat all this again. can hardly wait.




                The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  A few short notes:

                  Flo played great. Looking better and better. Our Tackles are pretty good.

                  Guards need to be replaced. They get pushed around way too much.

                  New Orleans will lose 2 of 3. They played their Super Bowl last week. Similar to Philly and G-Men after the Oct games with the Boys. Played their best games of season versus Cowboys.

                  Philly gets pack back today.

                  Anyway.....
                  I dunno what I am talking about. ROTFLMAO!
                  Dude why are you repeating yourself, it's really sad.

                  Face it, your just a novel entity on this board. Nobody will ever take your ideas seriously. And not only do you constantly quote yourself, as if you were having an argument by your own danm self, but then you quote a post I made about you about a week ago. I almost feel sorry for you now.

                  Comment


                  • Do you all feel the same way about Austin as I do? I always thought he could of developed into a great #2 but seeing that speed made me think, a #1. Looked some stuff up on him and the only downfall I saw on him was that he went to a small school.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Number-94
                      Do you all feel the same way about Austin as I do? I always thought he could of developed into a great #2 but seeing that speed made me think, a #1. Looked some stuff up on him and the only downfall I saw on him was that he went to a small school.
                      Austin has all the measureables of a #1 guys. I don't think he fits the number 2 role very good at all. Did you ever research him at college? I have my thoughts on that.

                      Anyways...he is a very raw player...and is a project in every sense of the word. If he can continue to contribute on special teams...he will get some very good tutoring from the vets...and will be given the oppurtunity to be a good WR in this league.

                      Comment


                      • Well, now that my brain is about to explode from reading 15 straight pages of (nearly) unadulterated panic and mob-mentality lynching, I think I'll chime in.

                        I find it sooooooo funny how everything is doom, gloom and dire right now, when - had we not had the Witten 1st down overturned and succeeded in kicking the field goal - we would be looking at a second round matchup with Chicago and everyone would likely be talking about how eager we are to chew up and spit out Rex, and how we have a great shot at winning yadda yadda yadda.

                        Very funny indeed.

                        My impression on the season is simply this: it wasn't going to happen.

                        For some reason or another, this season was simply not going to work out, no matter what happened, no matter how hard we tried, or how well we played. Sometimes in life things just don't work out, and there is not any real reason. Right now we are all trying to crucify members of a defense that was #4 overall as recently as a month ago. One that consistently got us into position to win games. Bradie James is suddenly such a horrible player when he was once the linchpin of a great run D at the end of November. DeMarcus Ware is too much of a SOLB to be our designated pass rusher and doesn't have enough of a repertoire. Anthony Henry should be moved to FS. Blah blah blah blah blah.

                        I have been just as pained and disturbed by the complete collapse of this team in the last month, but the game against Seattle was not a continuation of what we saw in the last 4 games of the season. The team we saw played with grit and intensity. They played (for the most part) intelligently and passionately. The team I saw on Saturday was the same team I watched from September to November, not the mistake-prone bunch that gave up 30 ppg to the likes of NO, Atl, Philly and Detroit.

                        Yes, Roy Williams struggled again in coverage. Yes, at times we were not able to get to the quarterback......but that is what happens when you play a good football team that is executing and playing with intensity.

                        If you want to know why we lost, look no further than Tony Romo. He was errant for much of the day, with passes sailing high, wide, low and behind - in other words, every which way. He was not able to exploit the weaknesses in the secondary. He was even a little tentative in pushing the ball downfield on the few opportunities the defense gave him. He was the biggest - stress, biggest, not only - problem for us in that game.

                        The facts are that the defense allowed 19 points on the road in a venue that is considered by many to be the best home field advantage in the league at the present time, in the playoffs, against a team that may have struggled this season with injuries, but was largely healthy and had a Pro Bowl caliber QB that was absolutely on fire in the second half of the game (the time when Seattle generate most of its yards and points). Not too bad.

                        Our offense, meanwhile, generated 13 points, 6 of which came off of turnovers created by the defense . In fact, the only time when Romo and the offense where able to move the ball effectively was 1) at the end of the half and 2) at the end of the game. Somehow, the sense of urgency created by the do-or-die situation was enough to settle Romo down, along with Julius Jones actually getting a chance to carry the ball late for a change.

                        Clearly, we played plenty well enough defensively to win this game. The offense simply cratered. People want to blame TO for this, but it ultimately falls on the shoulders of the QB. The only thing you can blame TO for was the critical drop on 3rd and 2 that stalled a potential TD drive. For the rest, it was a team effort led by Tony Romo. He was the biggest culprit, followed closely by Terry Glenn (another critical drop that stalled a drive...only you never hear about it, funny isn't it?) who hardly showed up all day against that same horrible secondary - even when TO was recieving most of the double and bracket coverage, along with giving up the biggest play of the game on his fumble. Other culprits where Kosier (was constantly being beaten up the middle) and Colombo (at least one and possibly 2 holding penalties, can't remember precisely, along with allowing 2 sacks - though one wasn't his fault) and the blocking crew as a collective unit for not achieving much push all throught the 1st half and particularly on the short yardage plays.

                        There is plenty to go around, as you see. The defense actually played far, far, far above my personal expectations. I thought we would see more of the same crazy ass breakdowns that plagued us throughout December, and instead we played fairly well. Its a shame that it had to end with our offense - which had carried the team for much of the season - as the culprit. However, given the nature of the continual breakdowns of every shape and size during the season, it's fitting that it ended the way it did. I, for one, was actually unable to control my amusement. I'm still laughing.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

                        DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • My suggestion to everyone on the board is to give cowboysforever the "Tex Mex" treatment, or basically treat him like Barney. I have stopped responding to him, Thule finally learned for himself how ridiculous he is, it would behoove everyone to not acknowledge him and his tantrums. In fact, it would not surprise me if he were actually Tex Mex himself, but I digress.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

                          DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paul
                            Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            A few short notes:

                            Flo played great. Looking better and better. Our Tackles are pretty good.

                            Guards need to be replaced. They get pushed around way too much.

                            New Orleans will lose 2 of 3. They played their Super Bowl last week. Similar to Philly and G-Men after the Oct games with the Boys. Played their best games of season versus Cowboys.

                            Philly gets pack back today.

                            Anyway.....
                            I dunno what I am talking about. ROTFLMAO!
                            Dude why are you repeating yourself, it's really sad.

                            Face it, your just a novel entity on this board. Nobody will ever take your ideas seriously. And not only do you constantly quote yourself, as if you were having an argument by your own danm self, but then you quote a post I made about you about a week ago. I almost feel sorry for you now.
                            Don't feel bad for me. I'm rich and have time to research quirking irrelevant passions like football.

                            Also, nobody takes my ideas seriously ... until they come true. Then you start chatting it up and taking it seriously .... like Thule on his last post saying Roy could not be traded ..... two days ago I was an idiot for saying the same but now someone else says it and Thule is like maybe.... Funny.

                            You guys are wishy washy and once ESPN starts saying what I say you then come around. Its ok though. I love you guys. You make my day go by faster.

                            Only guy, so far, I have heard any smart comments from are Big Blue. Re-read like 70 pages and he is the only one with consistent, intelligent posts on the Boys.

                            As regards to Thule, he is still pumping Zibzkowski so not sure who should put who on ignore. He gets a few right though and seems geniunely into this.

                            Comment


                            • Glad to see you back around dmw...I'm curious how your see our offseason/draft turning out.

                              unfortuntely cowboysforever isn't texmex...but the similarities are striking...talking about how successful the are in their life...and how the are the best thing since sliced bread.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thule
                                Glad to see you back around dmw...I'm curious how your see our offseason/draft turning out.

                                unfortuntely cowboysforever isn't texmex...but the similarities are striking...talking about how successful the are in their life...and how the are the best thing since sliced bread.
                                ROTFLMAO!!! So sad the truth stings so bad.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information