This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Perfect example is the recent Archer article proposing Henry for FS if Wakins does not work and mentioned that (surprise) Henry was a Safety in college.

I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
    Get over yourself!

Comment

Perfect example is the recent Archer article proposing Henry for FS if Wakins does not work and mentioned that (surprise) Henry was a Safety in college.

I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
      Lets just wait to see what transpires. The real issue right now I believe Is whether Parcells is coming back and If he doesn't who do you like to replace him. I was hoping Cowher cause he seems to work well with a younger QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
        Originally posted by cowboysforever

You're still a terrible poster who thinks that GMs should run their teams like Madden.
        I am sorry to say Ward but you are wrong. So is Thule. And many other posters here.

I have been part of a very structured creative process all my life and in order to generate solutions to big problems you need to attack them with an open mind. When you don't, you spend a lot more money and take a lot longer to solve them.

This is why one-and-done personnel management never works. Rarely isone person just the problem. It is usually a combination of XOXO changes, with player changes and play repositioning.

Now you can say I am "Madden" but I can say you guys are the Orchestra on the Titanic. You are all singing the same tune as the ship is sinking. Both exagerations are equally valid but neither is directionally correct.

A resolution lies in between in a discussion and given this is all talk on this site ...... there is no reason not to talking it out.

Either way, Ward, find me one post I have made to support your point I am Maden or off the reservation? That is all I ask of folks here but I never get that. All I get are statements of fact by pretend GMs that are neither fact nor GMs. That is why I like to point out that my thoughts tend to be ahead of scheule and not too nutsy and proof exists outside this forum to support them.

I can go through all the Personnel moves I propose and trades and back them up with rationale and why they could work. Do you do ALL OF THEM? No because some ideas do conflict with each other, some get bound by Cap considerations, others force you to choose A or B, and some it is just too much. With all resource constraint processes you need to prioritize a secquential plan and have a few back-up paths.

But I am not going to sit here and be brow beaten into repeating others bad thoughts and worse yet repeating other's thought and not crediting them. Proud to admit I accept others thoughts and integrate them into my thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod

Get over yourself!
          Be nice if you just said "good idea too bad I did not think of it" and leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076

Lets just wait to see what transpires. The real issue right now I believe Is whether Parcells is coming back and If he doesn't who do you like to replace him. I was hoping Cowher cause he seems to work well with a younger QB.
            Good Q. Without BP I am scared shitless of this team.

You can make an argument his XOXOXOXO are not what they need to be to compete with some other Coaches but his Personnel choices and ability to control Jerry Jones destructive GM qualities are EXTREMELY VALUABLE to this team.

As I have pointed out, the last two drafts when BP drove the decision making we have done OK it seems. I don't care much for the FA signings last two years but part and parcell I would rather have a guy who knows talent and develops it like Bill.

With that said, the only guy that comes to mind that could attract Assistants and control Jerry the GM is Jimmy Johnson. But could Jerry admit he is wrong?

Jimmy would likely keep the 3-4 or a variant and hire a 3-4 guy on D. O he would keep the guys likely.

He would then likely bring in a few D and O position coaches so that in the future he could reposition the Coordinators and Schemes he inherits from Bill's staff and put in his speed based approach.

But this is pure tea leaf reading. Like trying to identify a spec on the ground at 30K feet in the sky.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725646

Breaking news: Zimmer is ATL's new DC. Now the question is, will BP be back?

Michael Smith is reporting that BP may become the Giants new GM, and that he might be fed up with JJ and tired of coaching. All speculative. The wait continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward

You're still a terrible poster who thinks that GMs should run their teams like Madden.
                I will get cowboysforever's back on this one. That looked like a personal attack to me, btw...

He gets attacked by thinkin' this is a Madden game, but when Oliver Hoyte works out at FB and Ellis works out at OLB, Parcells is a genius???

So, why the hell can't we move Henry to FS? I love the idea! ...it was discussed a lot in this thread a long time ago... but died off. I know, we're not the decision makers, but Parcell should at least explore this, and not be too late in making the move, just like he did when he moved Ellis to OLB. Ellis didn't want to move and I'm sure Henry doesn't want to either. But for the betterment of the team, you gotta do what you gotta do... He digressed terribly this year and Parcells needs to put the best team he can out there. I don't know why or how to explain why Henry looked so bad compared to last year. The effort was definately there, but it seemed like he got toasted so many more times. Not saying he's bad, cause he's definately not bad... and I like him a lot... Glad to have him on the team... Just that he did have a down year compared to last year. He's got the size and physicality to play FS. ...and him having Safety experience in college (although is not new news to most of us), should factor in to some consideration. It should be an option that isn't written off.

Now if we can't replace Henry with a better option, then we better not even think about moving him. But look at the draft... Landry, Nelson and even Griffin probably won't last to us in the first round, but if Daymeion Hughes is there, now THERE is a situation that should warrant the Cowboys giving heavy consideration to moving Henry to safety. Daymeion is a bad ass corner! My favorite in the draft. He gets less respect than Hall, Revis, Cason and even to some, Ross... but he's #1 in my book. I'd love for him to be on the Cowboys! Absolutely Love It! I'd have a HUGE smile on my face if we had Newman/Hughes at corner and Henry/Roy at safety! That would be a dream scenario, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725646

Michael Smith is reporting that BP may become the Giants new GM, and that he might be fed up with JJ and tired of coaching. All speculative. The wait continues.
                  Holy Crap! :shock:

NOW is the time we NEED to grab Mike Singletary! Make him our DC and give him the reigns when BP is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725646

Holy Crap! :shock:

NOW is the time we NEED to grab Mike Singletary! Make him our DC and give him the reigns when BP is done.
                    YES. GO ZIMMER GET OUTT A HERE.

Comment

• I think i would have to agree. Roy should knock off about 15-20 lbs. Although he is a sledgehammer when he hits, i think at his weight he has lost speed and some agility.

ANYONE NOTICE HIM WIFF ON ALEXANDER WHEN HE HAD HIM COLD IN THE BACKFIELD? dead to rights, three yeards deep, and alexander just side stepped.

James is not perfect, but he is playing well.

SAID IT BEFORE, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. PASS RUSH. GET ONE, AND ROY AND CO. WILL LOOK LIKE STARS.

San Diego has horrible db's. But they get so much pressure up front no one can let plays develope to take advantage of them.

What Dallas needs:

OG ( just no push in the run game )
                      LOLB ( Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs ) PASS RUSH. It's my belief you can never have enough depth at linebacker. Think of the nightmare you could cause rotating Ware, Ellis, Carpenter, Adolye, Burnette, Thomas/Briggs all over the place and in and out of the game.
                      DT ( Ferguson needs some relief )
                      DE ( Perhaps Spears and Canty could use a little push )

Parcells should stay. He is why this team held together. You may hate TO, but I love 13 touchdowns and 1100 yards. Kiss my grits. We need a creative DC like Ron Rivera or Rex Ryan. Take advantage of the stockpile of talent we have.

Open up the offense to the old Patriots days Bill! You have TR, TO, and TG! Whitten and Fasono. Jones.

I think Romo will bounce back. The defense will man up if allowed to get more aggressive and the pass rush is adressed. The offense just needs a little juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward

I will get cowboysforever's back on this one. That looked like a personal attack to me, btw...

He gets attacked by thinkin' this is a Madden game, but when Oliver Hoyte works out at FB and Ellis works out at OLB, Parcells is a genius???

So, why the hell can't we move Henry to FS? I love the idea! ...it was discussed a lot in this thread a long time ago... but died off. I know, we're not the decision makers, but Parcell should at least explore this, and not be too late in making the move, just like he did when he moved Ellis to OLB. Ellis didn't want to move and I'm sure Henry doesn't want to either. But for the betterment of the team, you gotta do what you gotta do... He digressed terribly this year and Parcells needs to put the best team he can out there. I don't know why or how to explain why Henry looked so bad compared to last year. The effort was definately there, but it seemed like he got toasted so many more times. Not saying he's bad, cause he's definately not bad... and I like him a lot... Glad to have him on the team... Just that he did have a down year compared to last year. He's got the size and physicality to play FS. ...and him having Safety experience in college (although is not new news to most of us), should factor in to some consideration. It should be an option that isn't written off.

Now if we can't replace Henry with a better option, then we better not even think about moving him. But look at the draft... Landry, Nelson and even Griffin probably won't last to us in the first round, but if Daymeion Hughes is there, now THERE is a situation that should warrant the Cowboys giving heavy consideration to moving Henry to safety. Daymeion is a bad ass corner! My favorite in the draft. He gets less respect than Hall, Revis, Cason and even to some, Ross... but he's #1 in my book. I'd love for him to be on the Cowboys! Absolutely Love It! I'd have a HUGE smile on my face if we had Newman/Hughes at corner and Henry/Roy at safety! That would be a dream scenario, imo.
                        I did not say a word to you. I was defending my opinions which are routinely attacked but never praised.

I use various examples of this and just pulled the Henry bone outta an article that appeared today.

I also pulled some quotes from Jon Kitna about Bradie to support my points of him.

I also pulled some comments about Roy W to point out he is horrid but tradable even with his Giant contract.

Just is an echo chamber in this site sometimes. Some great posters though so take good with bad.

Have a great day. Nice to see Zimmer go. Hope BP stays.

Comment

• Originally posted by charles_haley_rules
                          James is not perfect, but he is playing well.
                          Not according to Jon Kitna.

Comment

• Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has accepted the same position in Atlanta, according to multiple sources.

If Bill stays, secondary coach Todd Bowles would probably replace Zimmer.
                            That would create an opening for Mike MacIntyre, who has more than paid his dues as a quality control/asst. secondary coach.

yawn

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by Ward

heres a writeup on your boy hughes....sounds good

Strengths Hughes has tremendous size at 6-2 for a CB. Led the Pac-10 with 17 passes defensed last year, including 12 of them breakups. He is great in coverage and is very agressive, leading to many of his interceptions. His interceptions tend to come at very good times, breaking games open. As in 2005 where his interception for a touchdown against Washington basically put the game away. Also had an interception against BYU in waning moments of Cal's Bowl game.
                              Weaknesses While his 40 time of 4.45 is adequate, it's nothing compared to the top CB's of the last few years. He also hasn't faced a top WR for a whole game, as Cal likes to rotate their CB's in this situation.
                              Projection While his speed may not be spectacular, his coverage and playmaking ability is. He is very polished with 28 starts under his belt, and is very good in jump ball situations. A very good middle to late first round selection.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

I did not say a word to you. I was defending my opinions which are routinely attacked but never praised.
                                So what?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information