Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by Ward
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Perfect example is the recent Archer article proposing Henry for FS if Wakins does not work and mentioned that (surprise) Henry was a Safety in college.

    I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
    You're still a terrible poster who thinks that GMs should run their teams like Madden.
    I will get cowboysforever's back on this one. That looked like a personal attack to me, btw...

    He gets attacked by thinkin' this is a Madden game, but when Oliver Hoyte works out at FB and Ellis works out at OLB, Parcells is a genius???

    So, why the hell can't we move Henry to FS? I love the idea! ...it was discussed a lot in this thread a long time ago... but died off. I know, we're not the decision makers, but Parcell should at least explore this, and not be too late in making the move, just like he did when he moved Ellis to OLB. Ellis didn't want to move and I'm sure Henry doesn't want to either. But for the betterment of the team, you gotta do what you gotta do... He digressed terribly this year and Parcells needs to put the best team he can out there. I don't know why or how to explain why Henry looked so bad compared to last year. The effort was definately there, but it seemed like he got toasted so many more times. Not saying he's bad, cause he's definately not bad... and I like him a lot... Glad to have him on the team... Just that he did have a down year compared to last year. He's got the size and physicality to play FS. ...and him having Safety experience in college (although is not new news to most of us), should factor in to some consideration. It should be an option that isn't written off.

    Now if we can't replace Henry with a better option, then we better not even think about moving him. But look at the draft... Landry, Nelson and even Griffin probably won't last to us in the first round, but if Daymeion Hughes is there, now THERE is a situation that should warrant the Cowboys giving heavy consideration to moving Henry to safety. Daymeion is a bad ass corner! My favorite in the draft. He gets less respect than Hall, Revis, Cason and even to some, Ross... but he's #1 in my book. I'd love for him to be on the Cowboys! Absolutely Love It! I'd have a HUGE smile on my face if we had Newman/Hughes at corner and Henry/Roy at safety! That would be a dream scenario, imo.
    I did not say a word to you. I was defending my opinions which are routinely attacked but never praised.

    I use various examples of this and just pulled the Henry bone outta an article that appeared today.

    I also pulled some quotes from Jon Kitna about Bradie to support my points of him.

    I also pulled some comments about Roy W to point out he is horrid but tradable even with his Giant contract.

    Just is an echo chamber in this site sometimes. Some great posters though so take good with bad.

    Have a great day. Nice to see Zimmer go. Hope BP stays.
    I know this is against my non-response policy, but this is too good to pass up.

    Not only are you all the things that people have accused you of, but you're not even smart enough to realize that D was actually defending you.

    Just too good.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

    DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit
      Originally posted by Ward
      Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Perfect example is the recent Archer article proposing Henry for FS if Wakins does not work and mentioned that (surprise) Henry was a Safety in college.

      I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
      You're still a terrible poster who thinks that GMs should run their teams like Madden.
      I will get cowboysforever's back on this one. That looked like a personal attack to me, btw...

      He gets attacked by thinkin' this is a Madden game, but when Oliver Hoyte works out at FB and Ellis works out at OLB, Parcells is a genius???
      If you want "personal attack", read this response that he made to me back on page 87 or so, for which he was not (as far as I know) even slapped on the wrist:

      Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Football was invented by a P/E Major. Please don't complicate it too much.

      Second, don't Fing tell me what the a FS is moron. But yes, the better FS in this league have Corner skills but less than ideal corner speed and hip roll. Ed Reed anyone? Please explain Rod Woodson too imbecile.

      You have no F*** clue how GMs are manning up tommorrow's safety position and how it is being taught. The new rules, the move to more athletic TEs, the increase in 3-4 WR sets and RB catching balls 20 yards downfield have CHANGED how DBs need to play and SAFETIES IN PARTICULAR. Safeties have lots more coverage responsibilities nowadays -- even gasp man to man.

      In the old days a Safety was just that....... a guy to double a WR or play run support.

      The moron is you. Your ideas of football are about 20 years behind the time. Get BP's tapes. Maybe you will learn something.
      Now, I'm no moderator, and far be it from me to play the role of sycophant or even vigilante, but it seems to me that this is exactly the kind of behaviour that moderators are here to eliminate. There is a reason why this guy has turned basically the entire board against him in such a small amount of time.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

      DeMarcus Ware

      Comment


      • I'm quickly starting to see the light DWM. ...if I would've seen what he wrote in the middle of that argument, he would've been banned. Luckily for him, I haven't been paying much attention to this thread.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit
          I'm quickly starting to see the light DWM. ...if I would've seen what he wrote in the middle of that argument, he would've been banned. Luckily for him, I haven't been paying much attention to this thread.
          What is that? Is that a joke!!? Are you making FUN OF ME?!?!?!?! You're an $%@#&$@(*#$&@)*(@#$*@#*$(@&#($@*#&$*(#




          I'm glad you're starting to see it, too. I wish the program interface had an "ignore" button on it like many others do.
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

          DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725646

            Breaking news: Zimmer is ATL's new DC. Now the question is, will BP be back?

            Michael Smith is reporting that BP may become the Giants new GM, and that he might be fed up with JJ and tired of coaching. All speculative. The wait continues.
            Holy Crap! :shock:

            NOW is the time we NEED to grab Mike Singletary! Make him our DC and give him the reigns when BP is done.
            Yeah I heard he WANTED to be the GM of the Giants but they turned him down. It was reported earlier. I don't know if I want Parcells back or not.

            This is huge though. I am so glad Zimmer is gone!!!!! Finally!!!!!

            heck yeah baby!!!!
            "Red Ball"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cowboysforever
              I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
              I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

              Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
              You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

              Use the Fergie money for something else?
              You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

              Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

              Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

              Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

              Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
              You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

              This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit
                I'm quickly starting to see the light DWM. ...if I would've seen what he wrote in the middle of that argument, he would've been banned. Luckily for him, I haven't been paying much attention to this thread.
                It's time for that to change

                Comment


                • Might of been already posted, but heres the list of our FA:

                  Unrestricted Free Agents (7)
                  OT Marc Colombo
                  C Andre Gurode
                  K Martin Gramatica
                  S Tony Parrish
                  LB Al Singleton
                  DE Kenyon Coleman
                  C Al Johnson

                  Restricted Free Agents (8)
                  P Mat McBriar
                  WR Patrick Crayton
                  CB Jacques Reeves
                  CB Nate Jones
                  LB Ryan Fowler
                  FB Lousaka Polite
                  LB Junior Glymph

                  Exclusive Rights Free Agents (5)
                  DE Stephen Bowen
                  S Abram Elam
                  G Cory Procter
                  G Joe Berger
                  DT Montavious Stanley

                  Comment


                    • Unrestricted Free Agents (7)
                      OT Marc Colombo
                      C Andre Gurode
                      K Martin Gramatica
                      S Tony Parrish
                      LB Al Singleton
                      DE Kenyon Coleman
                      C Al Johnson

                    We are projected at 25 mill below the cap...some interesting names up there. Will Columbo get a big contract. How about Gurode? Gramatica was pretty solid for us when it counted...Parrish noone knows...Singleton was solid...but is it possible we bring him back? Coleman out performed Spears...I think hes around because of his veteran leadership in the young DE's. Al Johnson..will be interesting.

                    Comment


                    • Gurode was our best O-Lineman so I really believe he deserves a big contract. Him and Colombo could be the cornerstones of the O-line I believe.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paul
                        Might of been already posted, but heres the list of our FA:

                        Unrestricted Free Agents (7)
                        OT Marc Colombo Must resign
                        C Andre Gurode Must resign
                        K Martin Gramatica IDC
                        S Tony Parrish I'd rather see him go. He's just not very good.
                        LB Al Singleton I'd rather see him go, too. He doesn't fit the 3-4.
                        DE Kenyon Coleman I really want him resigned.
                        C Al Johnson I'd like to see him back because he's good depth.

                        Restricted Free Agents (8)
                        P Mat McBriar Must resign.
                        WR Patrick Crayton I'd be fine either way.
                        CB Jacques Reeves I'd like to see him back.
                        CB Nate Jones I'd like to see him back.
                        LB Ryan Fowler I'd like to see him back.
                        FB Lousaka Polite I'd rather he be cut, he's just kind of a waste of space with the emergence of Hoyte
                        LB Junior Glymph I'd like to see him back.

                        Exclusive Rights Free Agents (5)
                        DE Stephen Bowen IDC
                        S Abram Elam I think he's good depth, and I do want him back.
                        G Cory Procter I don't really see much in him. I could stand to see him go.
                        G Joe Berger IDC
                        DT Montavious Stanley I'd like to see him return.

                        BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Originally posted by cowboysforever
                          I did not say a word to you. I was defending my opinions which are routinely attacked but never praised.
                          So what?
                          O, he was saying something positive. I am just a little shell shocked here. Sorry.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            Originally posted by D-Unit
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            Perfect example is the recent Archer article proposing Henry for FS if Wakins does not work and mentioned that (surprise) Henry was a Safety in college.

                            I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                            You're still a terrible poster who thinks that GMs should run their teams like Madden.
                            I will get cowboysforever's back on this one. That looked like a personal attack to me, btw...

                            He gets attacked by thinkin' this is a Madden game, but when Oliver Hoyte works out at FB and Ellis works out at OLB, Parcells is a genius???

                            So, why the hell can't we move Henry to FS? I love the idea! ...it was discussed a lot in this thread a long time ago... but died off. I know, we're not the decision makers, but Parcell should at least explore this, and not be too late in making the move, just like he did when he moved Ellis to OLB. Ellis didn't want to move and I'm sure Henry doesn't want to either. But for the betterment of the team, you gotta do what you gotta do... He digressed terribly this year and Parcells needs to put the best team he can out there. I don't know why or how to explain why Henry looked so bad compared to last year. The effort was definately there, but it seemed like he got toasted so many more times. Not saying he's bad, cause he's definately not bad... and I like him a lot... Glad to have him on the team... Just that he did have a down year compared to last year. He's got the size and physicality to play FS. ...and him having Safety experience in college (although is not new news to most of us), should factor in to some consideration. It should be an option that isn't written off.

                            Now if we can't replace Henry with a better option, then we better not even think about moving him. But look at the draft... Landry, Nelson and even Griffin probably won't last to us in the first round, but if Daymeion Hughes is there, now THERE is a situation that should warrant the Cowboys giving heavy consideration to moving Henry to safety. Daymeion is a bad ass corner! My favorite in the draft. He gets less respect than Hall, Revis, Cason and even to some, Ross... but he's #1 in my book. I'd love for him to be on the Cowboys! Absolutely Love It! I'd have a HUGE smile on my face if we had Newman/Hughes at corner and Henry/Roy at safety! That would be a dream scenario, imo.
                            I did not say a word to you. I was defending my opinions which are routinely attacked but never praised.

                            I use various examples of this and just pulled the Henry bone outta an article that appeared today.

                            I also pulled some quotes from Jon Kitna about Bradie to support my points of him.

                            I also pulled some comments about Roy W to point out he is horrid but tradable even with his Giant contract.

                            Just is an echo chamber in this site sometimes. Some great posters though so take good with bad.

                            Have a great day. Nice to see Zimmer go. Hope BP stays.
                            I know this is against my non-response policy, but this is too good to pass up.

                            Not only are you all the things that people have accused you of, but you're not even smart enough to realize that D was actually defending you.

                            Just too good.
                            Yes, you are correct. I have not problem admitting I am wrong. :D

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by thule
                              Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                              I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

                              Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

                              Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
                              You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

                              Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

                              Use the Fergie money for something else?
                              You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

                              Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

                              Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

                              Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

                              Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

                              Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
                              You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

                              This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
                              I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

                              B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

                              With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

                              Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

                              I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Originally posted by thule
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                                I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

                                Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
                                You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

                                Use the Fergie money for something else?
                                You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

                                Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

                                Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

                                Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

                                Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
                                You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

                                This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
                                I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

                                B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

                                With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

                                Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

                                I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.


                                NOONE CARES if you are making pasta...noone cares if you said moving Henry to FS turns out to be right...because it is been picked apart before...so many of us don't feel the need to visit the arguement. It's like the Merriman vs. Ware debate...it just gets old after awhile.

                                The difference between the respectable posters on this board and you is that they don't feel the need to toot their own horn...whereas you seem to always need to say me/me/me its like you have a self-esteem problem...and its really getting worse everyday. I just don't get the need to promote yourself the way you do...you are almost as bad as yoda.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information