Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.
    So your gonna make new points, supported from old points you made before?

    Comment


    • I like how cowboysforever acts like he is the first to suggest moving Henry to FS even though we all discussed it in the offseason.

      Most people can realize it creates problem at CB unless we can bring somebody in.

      Comment


      • I love saying goodbye to Zimmer. It makes me happy. Happiest I've been since Saturday Night.

        Comment


        • OK, Let me go back Thule and list the various ideas but first stating what the problem is first. Problem, Analysis, Solution in order of importance

          Problem 1A: Our D is too slow in the middle of the field
          Problem 1B: Bad pass rush.
          Problem 2A: We don't have a real high quality RB
          Problem 2B: Our Guards stink
          Problem 5: TO is a distraction to the team
          Problem 6: You want to address all the problem within context of $$$ while not completely overhauling a roster that has talent

          I will go from here issue by issue

          Problem 1A: Slow.

          Problem Description: I believe the performance of Bradie James and Roy Williams have been discusses ad nauseum. Many disagree but I think the big issue is they are slow. BBD was talking how Urlacher is a great example of being out of position but using speed to recover. Here are some potential solutions...

          S1. Trade: Roy has some value in a 4-3. Maybe even Bradie. Contracts are tough but one bloated cap Player for another is possible. Shaun Rogers was a guy that came to mind where maybe a Roy W plus Burnett gets it done. Obviously this has some implications on solving Problem 1B and what happens to a good player, Fergie. After the trade either get a better coverage SS in the draft or promote Elam. I think Elam looked good in the Pre season.

          S2. Slim Down: Easiest option and obvious.

          S3. Bench Bradie or Roy or both: If you can bench Archuleta then why not Roy. Again, go Elam or Draft or FA on SS. In linbacking -- put in your 4 fastest LB -- Ayodele, Burnett, Ware and Carpenter. Bradie, Ellis, Fowler, Singleton, Glymph off the bench.

          S4. Day 1 Draft Pick. Usual names.

          1B Pass Rush.

          Problem Description: Obvious

          S1. Trade: Well I proposed find a new NT with ability to push. Someone mentioned Kris Jenkins. Another interesting option. Obviously if you trade for either you need to give up something so check the solution sets to problem 1A

          S2: Draft or FA: Adalius Thomas, Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses and LaMarr Woodley come to mind as names mentioned here that are pressure guys in the top end of the draft. With that said this approach creates such a huge back log in the LB Corp that once again you have to think trading away some excess talent. Burnewtt, Carpenter, Thomas, Ayodele and Ware is over kill.

          S3: Internal development of DEs. Absolutely but do we hang our hat on this one.

          Problem 2A: We don't have a real high quality RB

          Problem Description: Our RBs are ok but not one is the true star or BP type back. Julius is fast but has poor vision, gets knocked down fast, not a great pass catcher and is smallish. Barber lacks home run speed and is too small to be a bruiser. Thompson is green, does lack juke but is fast.

          S1: Draft: If a stud falls to you draft him. Lynch comes to mind. M Bush is coming out now too. Impact guy who can start day 1 in round 1.

          S2: Draft/Trade: Juilius has value. Trade him for a pick and turn that into a real good third down back. Booker has been mentioned. Maybe an FA cheap. Turner Barber inot the one but get him 10 pounds of muscle. Use Thompson to relieve Barber. I like this option cuz it gives us some optionality in 1st down to throw to the back.

          Problem 2B: Guards stink

          Problem Description: Get pushed around more than Tina with Ike..

          S1: Draft: Blalock comes to mind obviosly. Could use a Levi Brown too. Grubbs. Ramirez etc

          S2: FA. Again? Have we not spent on this already

          S3: Internal Development and Promotion of Proctor.

          To me the first four problems are most pressing and most inter-dependent. If you can solve a few via trade then others via draft and vice versa but you start with FA if you ask me.

          Problems 5 and 6 are almost mutually exclusive. I don't think they are nearly as complicated or important to solve unless we go WR round 1 or we magically give away 29 MM in cap space over night.

          On a side note, yes, Austin can do it by the way. What a great kid and what great talent. Hell if Colston can play so can this kid. Not only that GMs are saying you can find great WR talent later and later in drafts so.... replacing TO is not as mission critical from a personnel perspective but important for morale.

          Anyway. God night I hope.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fryman
            I like how cowboysforever acts like he is the first to suggest moving Henry to FS even though we all discussed it in the offseason.

            Most people can realize it creates problem at CB unless we can bring somebody in.
            Zone based D's don't need the world's greatest corner or for that matter Henry.

            Again, with that said it would be great if Watkins is the answer.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thule
              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Originally posted by thule
              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
              I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

              Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
              You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

              Use the Fergie money for something else?
              You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

              Originally posted by cowboysforever
              Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

              Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

              Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

              Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

              Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
              You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

              This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
              I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

              B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

              With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

              Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

              I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.


              NOONE CARES if you are making pasta...noone cares if you said moving Henry to FS turns out to be right...because it is been picked apart before...so many of us don't feel the need to visit the arguement. It's like the Merriman vs. Ware debate...it just gets old after awhile.

              The difference between the respectable posters on this board and you is that they don't feel the need to toot their own horn...whereas you seem to always need to say me/me/me its like you have a self-esteem problem...and its really getting worse everyday. I just don't get the need to promote yourself the way you do...you are almost as bad as yoda.
              Angry?

              In addition, if these points have all been discussed why not say that instead of insulting people?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Originally posted by thule
                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Originally posted by thule
                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

                Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
                You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

                Use the Fergie money for something else?
                You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

                Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

                Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

                Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

                Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
                You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

                This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
                I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

                B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

                With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

                Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

                I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.


                NOONE CARES if you are making pasta...noone cares if you said moving Henry to FS turns out to be right...because it is been picked apart before...so many of us don't feel the need to visit the arguement. It's like the Merriman vs. Ware debate...it just gets old after awhile.

                The difference between the respectable posters on this board and you is that they don't feel the need to toot their own horn...whereas you seem to always need to say me/me/me its like you have a self-esteem problem...and its really getting worse everyday. I just don't get the need to promote yourself the way you do...you are almost as bad as yoda.
                Angry?

                In addition, if these points have all been discussed why not say that instead of insulting people?

                Where is the insult?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                  I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

                  Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
                  You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

                  Use the Fergie money for something else?
                  You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

                  Originally posted by cowboysforever
                  Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

                  Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

                  Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

                  Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

                  Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
                  You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

                  This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
                  I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

                  B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

                  With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

                  Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

                  I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.


                  NOONE CARES if you are making pasta...noone cares if you said moving Henry to FS turns out to be right...because it is been picked apart before...so many of us don't feel the need to visit the arguement. It's like the Merriman vs. Ware debate...it just gets old after awhile.

                  The difference between the respectable posters on this board and you is that they don't feel the need to toot their own horn...whereas you seem to always need to say me/me/me its like you have a self-esteem problem...and its really getting worse everyday. I just don't get the need to promote yourself the way you do...you are almost as bad as yoda.
                  Angry?

                  In addition, if these points have all been discussed why not say that instead of insulting people?

                  Where is the insult?
                  Hmmm start with the "Madden" condescion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                    Originally posted by fryman
                    I like how cowboysforever acts like he is the first to suggest moving Henry to FS even though we all discussed it in the offseason.

                    Most people can realize it creates problem at CB unless we can bring somebody in.
                    Zone based D's don't need the world's greatest corner or for that matter Henry.

                    Again, with that said it would be great if Watkins is the answer.
                    In case you didn't notice, our zones got picked apart late in the season...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      I was roasted for that one. Not one apology or admittance of over - reaction on the posters part to my idea.
                      I know I said I was done aknowledging you but...it just got to be too much..so hopefully I will show you were I'm coming from. I'm gonna go back in the archive a bit and show you why you opinions aren't respected.

                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

                      Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?
                      You overvalue the backups on this team...Reeves and Jones haven't done anything to show you that they could start in this league. Henry to FS isn't out of my thoughts...but the way you presented the thought just made me laugh. If you woulda said..."since this is a deep draft in top CBs...maybe we could bring in a top guy on the first day to replace that gap left from henry moving to fs" I would have said...ya that makes some sense.

                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

                      Use the Fergie money for something else?
                      You want to convert our underachieving DE to NT...at the time it didn't make alot of sense because Spears wasn't in such a slump...but now that idea doesn't seem so out of left field. But trading the most important player on our defense to get some money to spend on FA makes no sense to me and makes me laugh. Not only would we lose a true player...but we would be counting on a guy who has never played the nose in his life to come in and contribute at a high level...this idea is very farfetched.

                      Originally posted by cowboysforever
                      Thule, Burnett plus Keith Davis (SS not FS) can get us one of those 5 receivers.

                      Williamson is labeled a bust here in minny. M Williams in Det. All 3 in Atl. Look at the Raiders too. Make it 6 guys with talent that folks are down on.

                      Put in a decent round 1 class of WR???? ..... And WR talent is pretty available this off season if you ask me.

                      Just seems there are some teams who just want to move talent for whatever reason and if we get rid of TO we have money to invest in that position.

                      Look at last off season -- some good WR talent got moved around cheaply.
                      You are so positive we could give up two players and recieve a player...I mean we could argue it but bottomline is until it happens you are wrong. We just have to agree to disagree. But this post is classic...as bolded you state a fact that is simply not true. I even call you out on it a couple of posts later...yet you still stick to this conclusion.

                      This is about 15 pages or so our your posts. I haven't even hit the good stuff...with you tlaking about getting rid of TO and starting Austin, how your so successful in life...like we actually care...how you brought everything to this forum first. I think I backed myself up good enough to get you to stop crying about noone respecting your opinions. Please just keep it to the information...and leave out the personal pitty.
                      I am still waiting for you to find an opinion of mine that was just flatly wrong.

                      B/c I can find plenty of mine that plus/minus some timing differences are being echoed as we speak.

                      With respect to trades. Thule, you just don't know. Ideas generate trades. Trades don't generate ideas. I have proposed a variety of changes OF WHICH if you get 2 to 3 done you are happy in the off season.

                      Anyway, you can bash and insult me all you want. I will simply go back into the history of the posts and pull them back up to support my points.

                      I will make some exact points in a minute talking of my earlier ideas. Gotta go cook my pasta.


                      NOONE CARES if you are making pasta...noone cares if you said moving Henry to FS turns out to be right...because it is been picked apart before...so many of us don't feel the need to visit the arguement. It's like the Merriman vs. Ware debate...it just gets old after awhile.

                      The difference between the respectable posters on this board and you is that they don't feel the need to toot their own horn...whereas you seem to always need to say me/me/me its like you have a self-esteem problem...and its really getting worse everyday. I just don't get the need to promote yourself the way you do...you are almost as bad as yoda.
                      Angry?

                      In addition, if these points have all been discussed why not say that instead of insulting people?

                      Where is the insult?
                      I can see you disagree and that is cool but tell me what projection of the future is wrong or conclusion from the past is wrong?

                      Why can't Spears be a NT? Or Jones play CB in a Zone based scheme? Or Burnett plus Davis get you a Jenkins in ATL?

                      Obviously, not everything that get written during "hot stove" season happens but you need to start with a long list of ideas to get to a few that actually work in the real world.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JJJ888
                        Originally posted by cowboysforever
                        Originally posted by fryman
                        I like how cowboysforever acts like he is the first to suggest moving Henry to FS even though we all discussed it in the offseason.

                        Most people can realize it creates problem at CB unless we can bring somebody in.
                        Zone based D's don't need the world's greatest corner or for that matter Henry.

                        Again, with that said it would be great if Watkins is the answer.
                        In case you didn't notice, our zones got picked apart late in the season...
                        Well, if you address Problem 1A as I wrote earlier you may get a new outcome when it comes to our coverage problems and that is wthout moving Henry to Safety.

                        But hell, you may want to go Henry and Watkins back there to get the best available cover guys in the game. Then use Glenn/Newman/Reeves and Jones as DB.

                        Anyone but Roy if you want to win.

                        Comment


                        • Can we agree Henry to FS while keeping Roy Williams as SS is re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

                          Henry can't improve Roy's play any more so than Patrick can under the current conditions.

                          Maybe we can start here?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            OK, Let me go back Thule and list the various ideas but first stating what the problem is first. Problem, Analysis, Solution in order of importance

                            Problem 1A: Our D is too slow in the middle of the field
                            Problem 1B: Bad pass rush.
                            Problem 2A: We don't have a real high quality RB
                            Problem 2B: Our Guards stink
                            Problem 5: TO is a distraction to the team
                            Problem 6: You want to address all the problem within context of $$$ while not completely overhauling a roster that has talent

                            I will go from here issue by issue

                            Problem 1A: Slow.

                            Problem Description: I believe the performance of Bradie James and Roy Williams have been discusses ad nauseum. Many disagree but I think the big issue is they are slow. BBD was talking how Urlacher is a great example of being out of position but using speed to recover. Here are some potential solutions...

                            S1. Trade: Roy has some value in a 4-3. Maybe even Bradie. Contracts are tough but one bloated cap Player for another is possible. Shaun Rogers was a guy that came to mind where maybe a Roy W plus Burnett gets it done. Obviously this has some implications on solving Problem 1B and what happens to a good player, Fergie. After the trade either get a better coverage SS in the draft or promote Elam. I think Elam looked good in the Pre season.

                            S2. Slim Down: Easiest option and obvious.

                            S3. Bench Bradie or Roy or both: If you can bench Archuleta then why not Roy. Again, go Elam or Draft or FA on SS. In linbacking -- put in your 4 fastest LB -- Ayodele, Burnett, Ware and Carpenter. Bradie, Ellis, Fowler, Singleton, Glymph off the bench.

                            S4. Day 1 Draft Pick. Usual names.

                            1B Pass Rush.

                            Problem Description: Obvious

                            S1. Trade: Well I proposed find a new NT with ability to push. Someone mentioned Kris Jenkins. Another interesting option. Obviously if you trade for either you need to give up something so check the solution sets to problem 1A

                            S2: Draft or FA: Adalius Thomas, Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses and LaMarr Woodley come to mind as names mentioned here that are pressure guys in the top end of the draft. With that said this approach creates such a huge back log in the LB Corp that once again you have to think trading away some excess talent. Burnewtt, Carpenter, Thomas, Ayodele and Ware is over kill.

                            S3: Internal development of DEs. Absolutely but do we hang our hat on this one.

                            Problem 2A: We don't have a real high quality RB

                            Problem Description: Our RBs are ok but not one is the true star or BP type back. Julius is fast but has poor vision, gets knocked down fast, not a great pass catcher and is smallish. Barber lacks home run speed and is too small to be a bruiser. Thompson is green, does lack juke but is fast.

                            S1: Draft: If a stud falls to you draft him. Lynch comes to mind. M Bush is coming out now too. Impact guy who can start day 1 in round 1.

                            S2: Draft/Trade: Juilius has value. Trade him for a pick and turn that into a real good third down back. Booker has been mentioned. Maybe an FA cheap. Turner Barber inot the one but get him 10 pounds of muscle. Use Thompson to relieve Barber. I like this option cuz it gives us some optionality in 1st down to throw to the back.

                            Problem 2B: Guards stink

                            Problem Description: Get pushed around more than Tina with Ike..

                            S1: Draft: Blalock comes to mind obviosly. Could use a Levi Brown too. Grubbs. Ramirez etc

                            S2: FA. Again? Have we not spent on this already

                            S3: Internal Development and Promotion of Proctor.

                            To me the first four problems are most pressing and most inter-dependent. If you can solve a few via trade then others via draft and vice versa but you start with FA if you ask me.

                            Problems 5 and 6 are almost mutually exclusive. I don't think they are nearly as complicated or important to solve unless we go WR round 1 or we magically give away 29 MM in cap space over night.

                            On a side note, yes, Austin can do it by the way. What a great kid and what great talent. Hell if Colston can play so can this kid. Not only that GMs are saying you can find great WR talent later and later in drafts so.... replacing TO is not as mission critical from a personnel perspective but important for morale.

                            Anyway. God night I hope.
                            I liked this a lot better than the other things I've seen from you. I don't think I really have a problem with you, but I do disagree with a few of your opinions.

                            BTW, earlier you were asking for someone here who is never wrong and I would just like to let you know that person is me.

                            Desings by D-Unit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              Can we agree Henry to FS while keeping Roy Williams as SS is re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

                              Henry can't improve Roy's play any more so than Patrick can under the current conditions.

                              Maybe we can start here?
                              I personally don't think Henry is an upgrade at FS, but that's a completely different issue.

                              History has shown that a different player at FS can affect Roy's play because he had his best season while playing alongside Woodson in the secondary. That problem is that with all the accolades Roy has received in the NFL I don't know if there is anyone we could bring in that could get him to clean his act up and lose the weight he needs to and spend more time in the film room.

                              Bascially, in conclusion, a different FS can change Roy's play in the secondary, but I don't see a scenario where we could get a player who could do it. It would have to be a top tier guy with a lot of experience who is a leader. I don't see anyone like that available. Too bad we didn't ever bring in someone like a troy vincent. Part of me thinks that Aaron Glenn could be a guy who would be a positive influence on Roy and I don't know why he isn't.

                              Maybe a coach could do the job, but the only guy that comes to mind is Mike Singletary. There are probably a few other guys out there and hopefully our new defensive coordinator can light a fire under Roy.

                              Now that I have addressed your point about Roy, you have to admit that trading Roy isn't a real possibility. He just signed a new extension so he ties up serious money in the cap, he sells millions of dollars worth of merchandise, and his value as far as playmaking ability and knack for creating turnovers comes somewhere around offsetting his liabilities in coverage.

                              And if for some reason you still think that trading Roy is a possibility, admit that it won't happen this year with Jerry Jones as our owner. If it won't happen there is no point discussing it further because we all know what you're opinion on the subject is.

                              Desings by D-Unit

                              Comment


                              • Jdallas not really what this discussion is about, but I'm not even sure Parcells thinks Roy needs to lose weight. This season I haven't heard anything about it if I remember right. Parcells was asked about players weights or something along those lines in a press conference, and all he said was there were a couple players who were haveing trouble keeping their weight up.

                                I agree that Roy should lose about 10-15 lbs., but I doubt that happens unless Parcells tells him he needs to.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information