X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    How much cap space do we have this year?
    estimated 25mill.
    How much will we need to spend just to keep Gurode and Colombo? and sign an FA Guard??

I am sure that eats up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
      Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by Paul
      Asante Samuel is a UFA. He's a interception machine, him and Newman will give us one of the best CB duos in the League IMO.
      I would perfer to have a bigger more physical CB opposite of Newman. i'm assuming your converting Henry to a FS to bring in a top FA CB...just seems a little far fetched for me. Hughes is the perfect fit if Henry was to move.
      I was thinking of moving Henry to Nickel, and getting a guy like Weddle or Sabby in the 2nd or 3rd. But money could be a problem, were are paying Henry alittle to much just to come in on passing downs, so I understand that.
      Where is Glenn...Glenn hasn't shown any signs of his age...and was a good corner for us this year.
      I agree with you, Glenn at times looked better then Henry, but if we do move him to FS like you say, and which I been mulling over, adding a guy like Samuel could take or secondary to another level. You may say it's far-fetched but danmit a man can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        estimated 25mill.
        Are you kidding me? Is this including Terry Glenn and TO's bonus? That seems very high. Is there a source?
        BTB is my source
        The Cowboys are in pretty good shape against the salary cap. Right now, it's projected that we are $25 million under the cap.
        Yahoo
        Dallas is believed to be about $25 million under the projected $109 million salary cap entering free agency.
        I'll see if I can't dig up a more concrete source.

Found this...although no real source
        • 1/San Francisco/$42.1M
          2/Buffalo/$39.7M
          3/Arizona/$36.7M
          4/Tennessee/$36M
          5/Cleveland/$33.3M
          6/Minnesota/$32.4M
          7 (tie)/Jacksonville/$32M
          7/St. Louis/$32M
          9/New England/$30.4M
          10/Cincinnati/$30.2M
          11/New Orleans/$29.9M
          12/Green Bay/$29.5M
          13/New York Jets/$26.1M
          14/San Diego/$24.6M
          15/Tampa Bay/$24.2
          16/Detroit/$23.8M
          17/Chicago/$23.4M
          18/Seattle/$22.5M
          19/Dallas/$21.5M
          20/Miami/$17.8M
          21/New York Giants/$15.7M
          22/Oakland/$14.1M
          23/Houston/$13.3
          24/Atlanta/$10M
          25/Philadelphia/$12.4M
          26/Denver/$7.6M
          27/Kansas City/$7M
          28/Baltimore/$5.7M
          29/Indianapolis/$4.9M
          30/Carolina/$3.4M
          31/Washington/$951,000
          32/Pittsburgh/$150,000

Comment

• Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Michael Irvin is a HOF finalist again. Him and Art Monk better make it this year, or else....I'm gonna keep complaining about it.

Comment

estimated 25mill.
              Are you kidding me? Is this including Terry Glenn and TO's bonus? That seems very high. Is there a source?
              BTB is my source
              The Cowboys are in pretty good shape against the salary cap. Right now, it's projected that we are $25 million under the cap.
              Yahoo
              Dallas is believed to be about $25 million under the projected $109 million salary cap entering free agency.
              I'll see if I can't dig up a more concrete source.

Found this...although no real source
              • 1/San Francisco/$42.1M
                2/Buffalo/$39.7M
                3/Arizona/$36.7M
                4/Tennessee/$36M
                5/Cleveland/$33.3M
                6/Minnesota/$32.4M
                7 (tie)/Jacksonville/$32M
                7/St. Louis/$32M
                9/New England/$30.4M
                10/Cincinnati/$30.2M
                11/New Orleans/$29.9M
                12/Green Bay/$29.5M
                13/New York Jets/$26.1M
                14/San Diego/$24.6M
                15/Tampa Bay/$24.2
                16/Detroit/$23.8M
                17/Chicago/$23.4M
                18/Seattle/$22.5M
                19/Dallas/$21.5M
                20/Miami/$17.8M
                21/New York Giants/$15.7M
                22/Oakland/$14.1M
                23/Houston/$13.3
                24/Atlanta/$10M
                25/Philadelphia/$12.4M
                26/Denver/$7.6M
                27/Kansas City/$7M
                28/Baltimore/$5.7M
                29/Indianapolis/$4.9M
                30/Carolina/$3.4M
                31/Washington/$951,000
                32/Pittsburgh/$150,000
              The irony of course is that the Redskins will still find a way to spend more than everyone else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Who do yall want or think should replace Zimmer as the DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanGENE
                  Who do yall want or think should replace Zimmer as the DC?
                  The biggest name out there right now appear to be Dom Capers.
                  The name that has been moving around here has been Mike Singletary.
                  The name that is likely to be the DC is Todd Bowels...our db coach.

Comment

• My Big Board tied with the top FA I want to target in FA at that position.

1. Reggie Nelson - I honestly think that there is a good chance of him being there when we are on the clock... Despite his hype on these boards.
                    Scratch this pick if... We sign Ken Hamlin

2. Dwayne Jarrett - Don't be surprised if he's available on draft day. I have a feeling he'll turn in an underwhelming 40 time that could cause his stock to drop.
                    Scratch this pick if... He's not there. lol.

3. Justin Blalock - No explanation needed.
                    Scratch this pick if... We sign Derrick Dockery

4. Levi Brown - A good prospect even if his stock dropped after this year.
                    Scratch this pick if... We sign Jordan Black

5A & 5B. DeMarcus Tyler & Adam Carriker - Both of these guys can help out immediately in the pass rush.
                    Scratch this pick if... The guys above are available.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE
                      The name that has been moving around here has been Mike Singletary.
                      I'm curious to know who else is dreaming of adding Singletary as I am? Cause it is a dream... I hope that much is known... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE
                        The name that has been moving around here lately has been Mike Singletary.
                        I'm curious to know who else is dreaming of adding Singletary as I am? Cause it is a dream... I hope that much is known... lol!
                        I would say its known that its a dream...since everything around here the last week that has been posted seems to be a dream senerio.

Comment

My Big Board tied with the top FA I want to target in FA at that position.

1. Reggie Nelson - I honestly think that there is a good chance of him being there when we are on the clock... Despite his hype on these boards.
                          Scratch this pick if... We sign Ken Hamlin

I don't like this pick at all. The only S in the first two rounds that temtps me is Landry. I know he won't be available...but S is not a first day need to me.

2. Dwayne Jarrett - Don't be surprised if he's available on draft day. I have a feeling he'll turn in an underwhelming 40 time that could cause his stock to drop.
                          Scratch this pick if... He's not there. lol.

Jarrett is a Jersey kid which has to give him a +1 in Parcells book. He has that swagger..but will it be too much? I like this pick...and think it is very possible with Mecham...Rice....Ginn all running faster times looking like more potential. This is my sleeper pick at this point.

3. Justin Blalock - No explanation needed.
                          Scratch this pick if... We sign Derrick Dockery

Obviously makes sense...I still don't buy into a first round OG...I don't think there is any way we can go into the draft without addressing it.

4. Levi Brown - A good prospect even if his stock dropped after this year.
                          Scratch this pick if... We sign Jordan Black

I'm curious why here its Black on at 3 its Dockery...is it really a difference?

5A & 5B. DeMarcus Tyler & Adam Carriker - Both of these guys can help out immediately in the pass rush.
                          Scratch this pick if... The guys above are available.

Carriker is a reach here. I also think it only adds to the logjam. Bringing in Carriker would be giving up on Spears imo. 5 man rotation at DE is too much. I guess coleman could leave...but where is your veteran tutor...I hope we have a good D cord to bring them up. This may tempt parcells to go with the so-called line change but I just can't see us drafting a DE in the first round with the talent we already have. Tank is solid...but alot of talent would have to be off the board for me to be happy about the pick.

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...325E1BB8359616

With Zimmer apparently headed out of Dallas, the Cowboys might try to fill his position from within. Secondary coach Todd Bowles, who joined the staff in 2005, is a possibility. Their other defensive assistants are linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni, defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers, safeties coach Mike MacIntyre and inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown. Pasqualoni has extensive experience coaching on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                              Our Rams sources believe there's less than a 50-50 chance that former first-round pick Jimmy Kennedy will stick with the team next season after failing to cut the mustard this season as the team's starting nose tackle. Kennedy's current contract with the Rams runs out at the end of the '07 season, which would cut down the amount of cap revenue the team would stand to lose should it decide to release him.

what do you guys think about going after kennedy?
                              I asked this same question a few days back. This kid is from my hometown. He has one year left on his contract.

You got that from Hub Arkush's pub. Should credit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanGENE
                                Dom Capers please.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information