Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Nelson or Griffin will be avaible at #22. Safeties fall everytime in the draft.. Do you remember last year? Ko Simpson was projected as a first/second round, Watkins as second/third.
    I think Nelson will go top 20, and Griffin will be avaible for us. And I Wat this guy, he can cover a lot of speed and he's a playmaker. With Griffin we can allow Roy to play near the line..

Lookng at WR, my number 2 guy is Sidney Rice. I see him as a Larry Fitzgerald type of receiver. But I'd like Davis or Bowe in the second round.

I've heard some redskins' fans saying that Dockery is maybe their worst starter on the OL... Other than Steinbach who do you think is the best guard avaible?
    And I hope we should grab Ramirez in the third round...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Limas Sweed go pro.
      Get rid of T.O.
      Trade down 7-10 spots, draft Sweed.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Sweed is right now my second choice as WR (Rice - Sweed - Bowe). I hope we can grab him in the second..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I'm more of a fan of Meacham than Sweed. I'd rather us get him.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            I'm gonna start my new Cowboys Draft Campaign now.

No more promoting us to take offensive players in the first round for me. I say we should address Defense, Defense and more Defense.
            So even if someone like Ginn is sitting there staring us in the face, you'd go defense?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              I'm gonna start my new Cowboys Draft Campaign now.

No more promoting us to take offensive players in the first round for me. I say we should address Defense, Defense and more Defense.
              So even if someone like Ginn is sitting there staring us in the face, you'd go defense?
              The only sensible Defensive picks for the Cowboys in the first round are:

LaRon Landry - not going to get him
              Reggie Nelson - possibility but not likely
              Amobi Okoye - slim chance we could get him
              Michael Griffin - If Blaylock or Brown are available along with Griffin Id Take one of them first.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncbigbody
                Limas Sweed go pro.
                Get rid of T.O.
                Trade down 7-10 spots, draft Sweed.
                Usually when the draft is loaded at one spot tht perceived commodity goes slwo and the commodity that is short (DL) goes fast ... so I think a quality WR can be had 2nd and 3rd. Austin and Meachem's numbers will be similar. Folks say Rice is bigger with great hands but slower. Everyone has forgotten Smardjia.

But to me, if this draft is longer Offensive Talent than D (seems so) and we think we could upgrade O with young talent in the 2nd and 3rd then trade the 1 for a 2 and 3. Get younger and deep.

But if we have two 2s and two 3s and trade a Julius or Burnett for another 2 ...... can you imagine ......

Get a WR like Meacham or Rice or Smardjia or Sweed in 2 or 3.
                Get a RB like a Michael Bush or Lorenzo Booker in 2 or 3.
                Get an OG like a Grubbs or OT like Staley in 2. Ramerize 3
                Get a S like a Weddle in 2 or Piscatelli in 3.
                Get a OLB tweener like Moss or Francis or Woodley in 2 03.

I can easily see a mid-level 1 talent in a "Franchise Position" sliding to 22 and then trading that pick to help another team trade up to fill a critical need.

We aren't going to a get starter anyway at 22. so, one can dream anyway.......

Comment

• My New Big Board (for my new campaign):

1. Reggie Nelson
                  2. LaRon Landry
                  3. Michael Griffin
                  4. Anthony Spencer
                  5. Amobi Okoye
                  6. Adam Carriker
                  7. DeMarcus Tyler
                  8. Daymeion Hughes
                  9. Jarvis Moss
                  10. LaMarr Woodley

Do you guys think Charles Johnson would fit our schemes?

Comment

• Peterson from OK coming out.

Comment

My New Big Board (for my new campaign):

1. Reggie Nelson
                      2. LaRon Landry
                      3. Michael Griffin
                      4. Anthony Spencer
                      5. Amobi Okoye
                      6. Adam Carriker
                      7. DeMarcus Tyler
                      8. Daymeion Hughes
                      9. Jarvis Moss
                      10. LaMarr Woodley

Anthony Spencer will drop. He's gonna be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. With Adams, Moses, Woodley, Abriamiri, and Jamal Andersen all rated above him by most people, I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the 4th round.

Usually when youre rated as the 6th ranked person in your position, youre looking at the 3rd round at earliest.

I like Spencer though, and I think he's gonna be a later round gem for somebody.

I hope and pray we nab Reggie Nelson before you guys do. I do not want to see him in a Cowboy uniform. Anyway, it sounds like BP (if he stays) is big on Watkins, so I don't think youre drafting a FS in round 1.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Dallas will either sign a CB, OG or BPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense

1. Reggie Nelson
                        2. LaRon Landry
                        3. Michael Griffin
                        4. Anthony Spencer
                        5. Amobi Okoye
                        6. Adam Carriker
                        7. DeMarcus Tyler
                        8. Daymeion Hughes
                        9. Jarvis Moss
                        10. LaMarr Woodley

Anthony Spencer will drop. He's gonna be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. With Adams, Moses, Woodley, Abriamiri, and Jamal Andersen all rated above him by most people, I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the 4th round.

Usually when youre rated as the 6th ranked person in your position, youre looking at the 3rd round at earliest.

I like Spencer though, and I think he's gonna be a later round gem for somebody.

I hope and pray we nab Reggie Nelson before you guys do. I do not want to see him in a Cowboy uniform. Anyway, it sounds like BP (if he stays) is big on Watkins, so I don't think youre drafting a FS in round 1.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Dallas will either sign a CB, OG or BPA.
                        LOL. I think the opposite... I think Spencer will rise... Hopefully not too much. heh.

Why do you say BP is high on Watkins?

Comment

• Rumor on the DMN is Capers rebuffed Parcells. No source however. Kind of hard to believe given the coaching situation in Miami though. Too bad if true.

Parcells looks like he is back though. Apparently he is still working pretty hard.

Also, interesting article on DMN giving luke warm praise to Zimmer. Interesting article.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

1. Reggie Nelson
                            2. LaRon Landry
                            3. Michael Griffin
                            4. Anthony Spencer
                            5. Amobi Okoye
                            6. Adam Carriker
                            7. DeMarcus Tyler
                            8. Daymeion Hughes
                            9. Jarvis Moss
                            10. LaMarr Woodley

LOL. I think the opposite... I think Spencer will rise... Hopefully not too much. heh.

Why do you say BP is high on Watkins?
                            BP said that he feels that Watkins will be a good player in this league. I think people are overreacting to Watkins play early in the year. Remember, he was a rookie playing alongside Roy Williams. Thats tough. Towards the end of the year, he played very well. And with an offseason under his belt, he'll be even better next year.

Physically, there isn't a single safety in this draft that is any better than Watkins. The ability is there. Now with gametime practice and an offseason, he'll be ready to make a bigger impact next year.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, the problem isn't FS, its SS. Roy must work on his coverage in the offseason. The SS is far too critical of a position in the 3-4 for Roy to be the way he is right now. A FS will not solve the problems in coverage, only Roy can.

Comment

• Heres a list of last years picks with ratings (1-10) and synopsis of each:

RD1 - Bobby Carpenter (6) - Although he wasn't given the chance to, he didn't make any considerably good plays until late. But since his last game was his best, it is pretty damn encouraging.

RD2 - Anthony Fasano (6) - A surprising pick when last year, and since Pierce and Hannam both went to IR early, it turned out to be a genius pick. I think he made just as many bonehead plays as he made good plays, but I guess a rookie is destined to make some mistakes. Glad to have the young guy in the system though.

RD3 - Jason Hatcher (9) - Easily the best of the 2006 draft for Dallas. I think he deserves a starting spot at DE next year, even if it means demoting Spears. The kid just seems alot faster, more natural talent, and(most importantly) more motivated.

RD4 - Skyler Green (2) - Only reason he gets a 2 is because he actually touched the ball 8 times in the regular season. Wasted pick.

RD5 - Patrick Watkins (7) - Im definetly not ready to give up on this kid. He definetly made more good plays than bad plays. The TD he gave up against Philly was a striaght up bonehead play though. Like I said before rookies are gonna make mistakes. I don't give him the FS job in 2007 by any means yet though. We bring in people make him compete for the job, then we;ll see what hes worth. Overall a good selection in my mind.

As far as Montavious Stanley, Pat McQuistan, and E.J. Whitley, they were ungradeable. Did not see them enough this season. Will have to see them through another training camp to truly see how good they are or can be.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                                Heres a list of last years picks with ratings (1-10) and synopsis of each:

RD1 - Bobby Carpenter (6) - Although he wasn't given the chance to, he didn't make any considerably good plays until late. But since his last game was his best, it is pretty damn encouraging.

RD2 - Anthony Fasano (6) - A surprising pick when last year, and since Pierce and Hannam both went to IR early, it turned out to be a genius pick. I think he made just as many bonehead plays as he made good plays, but I guess a rookie is destined to make some mistakes. Glad to have the young guy in the system though.

RD3 - Jason Hatcher (9) - Easily the best of the 2006 draft for Dallas. I think he deserves a starting spot at DE next year, even if it means demoting Spears. The kid just seems alot faster, more natural talent, and(most importantly) more motivated.

RD4 - Skyler Green (2) - Only reason he gets a 2 is because he actually touched the ball 8 times in the regular season. Wasted pick.

RD5 - Patrick Watkins (7) - Im definetly not ready to give up on this kid. He definetly made more good plays than bad plays. The TD he gave up against Philly was a striaght up bonehead play though. Like I said before rookies are gonna make mistakes. I don't give him the FS job in 2007 by any means yet though. We bring in people make him compete for the job, then we;ll see what hes worth. Overall a good selection in my mind.

As far as Montavious Stanley and Pat McQuistan go they were ungradeable. Did not see them enough this season. Will have to see them through another training camp to truly see how good they are or can be.

Thoughts?
                                One guy everyone has forgotten is E.J. Whitley, our second 7th round pick--OL from Texas Tech. He tore up a knee in rookie mini-camp and has been on IR all year. Assumably he'll be back with them, at least for mini-camps. While he probably only has an outside shot, I wouldn't dismiss him completely. One of the reasons they were interested in him is that he had played every position on the O-line except for center, and you know how BP loves versatile players. Also, he's had a year to work on his strength.

Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information