X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Number-94
    Did you all see this?

While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
    Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
    "He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
    Could Newman have enough pull in it?
    Todd Bowles from the Redskins?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Originally posted by Number-94
      Did you all see this?

While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
      Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
      "He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
      Could Newman have enough pull in it?
      Todd Bowles from the Redskins?
      Todd Bowles our DB coach.

Comment

• Well everyone saw my views on Spears...I agree with BBD its almost a worst case senerio to move him there. I think he could play the NT positon if given time to bulk up...but right now I think that would be a a bigger project then we think. One thing to remember when talking Spears...this will be his first offseason completely healthy to be in all the offseason workouts...I think this is a big reason for his lack of improvement since he has been here.

If someone was to walk up to me on the street and ask me what thing would you like to see Dallas accomplish this offseason. I would laugh and say top tier OG...and if asked what else I would say Carp to the Nickle. He would spell Ellis as the Sam when needed...and start in the nickle. If carp could play the nickle it would allow a couple of things. First of all we would have a upgrade in blitzer from Carp over Burnett. Second of all it would allow us to transition Roy to a Rover in the nickle...which allows us to bring in whoever we bring in during the offseason to play over the top next to Watkins...that why making a push for Sharper could be the best answer. Hell even Mike Brown would be a good option...he isn't a lock to be playing in Chicago this year...and he was the leader of their secondary...we need a guy like that back there. Heck this is where we move Henry back and bring in our rookie. IDC...bottomline is it would allow everyone to play to the best of their abilities and would make burnett expendable.

Comment

• i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.

Comment

• Did any of you see Toonster's mock?

He's giving us Revis and saying we move Henry to FS.

LOL! I bet he read my post of me saying we draft Hughes and experiment with Henry at FS! Woooo hoooo meeee!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
              Did any of you see Toonster's mock?

LOL! I bet he read my post of me saying we draft Hughes and experiment with Henry at FS! Woooo hoooo meeee!!!!
              Toonster thought of that weeks before you did.

Why?

Because he's Toonster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
                i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.
                Basically because we have enough young talent to work with in the front 7 (outside of NT) and there isn't a NT worth drafting where we are in Round 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
                  i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Originally posted by D-Unit

Why?

Because he's Toonster.
                    We talked about this last year. :?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by Burns336

I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.
                      Ginn is a good straight line runner, but he doesn't offer anything else "special" ...or even "above average" outside of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51

Why?

Because he's Toonster.
                        We talked about this last year. :?
                        It doesn't matter. He talked about last year and a week ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by thule

Ginn is a good straight line runner, but he doesn't offer anything else "special" ...or even "above average" outside of that.
                          I disagree...his ability to hit top speed in his first few steps is what makes him special...he has great acceleration. This is why he is so dangerous on a flanker screen...now this might not help him on a out route...but he can make a slant rount cut without losing a step. He might not be the best reciever to run a deep in...but we have guys like Witten...Hurd to run these routes in the future...we need a gamebreaker.

Comment

I disagree...his ability to hit top speed in his first few steps is what makes him special...he has great acceleration. This is why he is so dangerous on a flanker screen...now this might not help him on a out route...but he can make a slant rount cut without losing a step. He might not be the best reciever to run a deep in...but we have guys like Witten...Hurd to run these routes in the future...we need a gamebreaker.
                            That's one type of play. Not worthy of first round consideration with the WR corps we already have. If we draft Ginn, he sits on the bench except on special teams when he's returning kicks... and Austin showed me plenty enough doing that this year.

Comment

That's one type of play. Not worthy of first round consideration with the WR corps we already have. If we draft Ginn, he sits on the bench except on special teams when he's returning kicks... and Austin showed me plenty enough doing that this year.
                              Would WR become a bigger need to you if Crayton leaves us since he is a RFA?

Ginn could be successful his first year in the NFL running alot more then one route.
                              Flanker screen
                              Go
                              Stop-n-go
                              Quick Slant
                              He is essentially our Raw TG...ever since the reports about TG knees being bad and needing surgery sometime in the future I think a replacement is needed sooner then later.

Comment

Would WR become a bigger need to you if Crayton leaves us since he is a RFA?

Ginn could be successful his first year in the NFL running alot more then one route.
                                Flanker screen
                                Go
                                Stop-n-go
                                Quick Slant
                                He is essentially our Raw TG...ever since the reports about TG knees being bad and needing surgery sometime in the future I think a replacement is needed sooner then later.
                                In today's NFL, WR is simply not a "must have" commodity. I'd hate to see us wasting a pick on one in the first round. This WR class is fairly deep as well. For us to take Ginn or any other WR in round 1 is a HUGE mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information