Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reasons why one of the Ryan boys can't be DC here?

The guy in the Bay (Rob?) actually was LB coach fo Belichick....

Comment

• I have a guess. I have a feeling the Defense will be ran very similar to the offense. Not ran by one guy...latest reports I have read is...

According to a source, Bowles would have been the choice last year had Zimmer, who interviewed to be the St. Louis Rams head coach, taken another job.

If Parcells returns, look for either secondary coach Todd Bowles or linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni to be among the candidates to head the defense.

Pasqualoni and Bowles I have a feeling will co-lead the defense. Pasqualoni controling the run d and Bowles controlling the passing defense. The question will be who sends in the plays from the sidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
        I have a guess. I have a feeling the Defense will be ran very similar to the offense. Not ran by one guy...latest reports I have read is...

According to a source, Bowles would have been the choice last year had Zimmer, who interviewed to be the St. Louis Rams head coach, taken another job.

If Parcells returns, look for either secondary coach Todd Bowles or linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni to be among the candidates to head the defense.

Pasqualoni and Bowles I have a feeling will co-lead the defense. Pasqualoni controling the run d and Bowles controlling the passing defense. The question will be who sends in the plays from the sidelines.
        Too many cooks spoil the broth.

With that said, our lack of a dominant personality on O this year cost us in a few games.

To me, the O looked like if we where winning Sparano was play calling and if we where losing Haley was doing it.

Don't know why but it seemed like disjointed play calling. No flow.

D needs ONE guy to set a tone and strategy IMHO.

Comment

• I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
            That's my feeling as well....It almost seems Parcells is delaying what needs to happen for this team to be successful. We need a coach who has imagination and confidence, a young gun who can come in here for five years and do something with this talent. With Parcells it's always on a year to year basis.
            "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
              That's my feeling as well....It almost seems Parcells is delaying what needs to happen for this team to be successful. We need a coach who has imagination and confidence, a young gun who can come in here for five years and do something with this talent. With Parcells it's always on a year to year basis.
              It's a shame Butch Davis took the NC State job...I really liked him coming into dallas as a DC and eventually taking over...he got the shaft in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                I just don't see that guy out there...next season I want a assistant from the NFL...I don't want a college guy to come in...I just don't like the way it has worked lately.

Comment

• Thule, I think you advocated making a run at Sharper from Minnesota. But isn't he a strong safety? Would you sign him and then move Roy somewhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by slats7
                    Thule, I think you advocated making a run at Sharper from Minnesota. But isn't he a strong safety? Would you sign him and then move Roy somewhere else?
                    He's more like a Darren Woodson free safety. Not a traditional center fielder, but is a smart player which allows him to play the free spot.

Comment

• Call me crazy but I don't want us to sign Adalius Thomas.
                      If we sign him for 4 years, he gotta be a starter for 4 years. So, we'd bench Carpenter until his rookie contract expires?
                      And I don't want Carpenter to move inside, he shows great abilities on the outside, give him an entire off-season focalizing on one position and he will be a big time player for years to come. He can rush the passer, he can cover and he can stuff the run. He just need to complete his transition..
                      You don't use your first round pick as a nickel lb or for 15 snaps a game. We've drafted Carpenter to be our starter, signing Thomas would mean benching Carpenter. Altough you want to put him inside and that means benching Ayodele or James.

Our pass rush problems aren't the LBs, are the DEs. We gotta hope our young guys develope and a DC could do a better job than Zimmer, because we have amazing talent on the field. And maybe draft another DE like Carriker or Alama-Francis.

We don't need Adalius Thomas, we gotta invest our money on a badass guard and we MUST resign Gurode.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                        Call me crazy but I don't want us to sign Adalius Thomas.
                        If we sign him for 4 years, he gotta be a starter for 4 years. So, we'd bench Carpenter until his rookie contract expires?
                        And I don't want Carpenter to move inside, he shows great abilities on the outside, give him an entire off-season focalizing on one position and he will be a big time player for years to come. He can rush the passer, he can cover and he can stuff the run. He just need to complete his transition..
                        You don't use your first round pick as a nickel lb or for 15 snaps a game. We've drafted Carpenter to be our starter, signing Thomas would mean benching Carpenter. Altough you want to put him inside and that means benching Ayodele or James.

Our pass rush problems aren't the LBs, are the DEs. We gotta hope our young guys develope and a DC could do a better job than Zimmer, because we have amazing talent on the field. And maybe draft another DE like Carriker or Alama-Francis.

We don't need Adalius Thomas, we gotta invest our money on a badass guard and we MUST resign Gurode.
                        We need as many playmakers as possible, including rush backers. The Thomas signing would be good, but I don't think it will happen though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano

I agree, Thomas is one of the best acquisitions this offseason, but we need to make the first priority O-Line. Romo, even though he can scramble and get away from pressure, he can't be doing it all game. Also te run-blocking has got to improve. We've all seen what Julius and Marion are capable of doing with good blocking. Julius should be getting around 1,200 yards and Barber, while he had a stellar year, hes definetly capable of a better one. And thats starts with those big guys up front. We didn't win 3 Super Bowls with an okay offensive line, we won them with a GREAT offensive line. Lets get a younger group together and we wont regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                            Originally posted by Modano

We need as many playmakers as possible, including rush backers. The Thomas signing would be good, but I don't think it will happen though.
                            Give me the starting defensive lineup if we sign Thomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                              Originally posted by Modano

Thomas is going to cost too much money and we have a lot of other holes to fill on the defensive side.

Comment

• Well Mickey Spagnola thinks that Bill will make his decision possibly today or within the week. He says it shouldn't be much longer, so I just hope Mickey is right.
                                "Red Ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information