Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
      heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.
      Ya, let's trade away two valueable draft picks and a solid RB for one that is coming off of a serious injury and is unproven in the nfl. We need help on the Oline and defensive side of the ball. Not in the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
        Originally posted by pocketaces
        heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.
        Ya, let's trade away two valueable draft picks and a solid RB for one that is coming off of a serious injury and is unproven in the nfl. We need help on the Oline and defensive side of the ball. Not in the backfield.
        the injury was not serious and jj is solid at best. ummmm who is a proven nfl player in the draft? adrian would make our o-line better just like emmitt did.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Actually, I think this is a team that could benefit greatly from trading up and landing an uber-star player, as opposed to the depth benefits generated from a full 7 or 8 player draft class.

Look at last year, we traded down multiple times in order to replace the 4th rounder that we were so desperate for, and in the process ended up missing out on Marcus McNeil in the process, as well as falling all the way down to the end of the 3rd and ending up with Hatcher (which was great), only to waste our 4th rounder on a return guy who was ultimately a rookie bust (though he might end up being something in Cinncy), as well as getting a guy that was a non factor all year long, and whom we cut after TC in Stanley.

We may have been much better off just trading up for a shot at Ngata - not something that would have taken too much ammo, maybe a 3rd and 4th, but no more than a 2nd. However, last year with the players available it wasn't something that was a good idea for us and our needs. This year, though, the personal fits us much better. We could move up to get a chance at AP or Lynch, or Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, even Alan Branch. Hell, I wouldn't even gripe if we got up to draft Landry.

The point is that we are at a spot where we are much more in need of quality than quantity, and would likely benefit more from having a super-star talent than just a "very good" player and then a bunch of lesser players who won't make the team or be buried at the end of the roster. We need one more star talent to lead this team, preferably someone on the offensive side of the ball, but I wouldn't care much either way.

Maybe I'm babbling, but it seems like we should be looking for the final peice instead of looking to add another good player to the fold. That is one reason why I think Blalock would be an excellent option, because he has a very good chance to be a dominant interior blocker, and maybe even a very fine RT. I would be happy sticking where we're at and getting him, but I also wouldn't mind moving up some and getting a shot at a top 10 quality OLB or DE.
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I'd be with you on that one DWM. We don't need our 2nd rounder. We've wasted plenty of those already anyways. LOL! ...only halfway kidding...

Giving up our 1st and 2nd rounder, however, would only get us to around the 13th pick according to the draft chart. So it would have to depend on how far we can get up and who's on the board.

Probably not high enough for AD, Branch, Gaines or Anderson like you said, but Lynch and Landry... I could see that...

Lynch is a bad ass mutha@#$^! I've seen him make some unreal runs. I don't know if that's the right move for us, but he is a bad dude.

Comment

• Assume the very best case scenario happens and you were in charge, how would your day one go?

1. LaRon Landry - Justin Blalock
              2. Robert Meachum - Michael Griffin
              3. Mason Crosby - Johnnie Lee Higgins

Comment

• Originally posted by reigle9
                Assume the very best case scenario happens and you were in charge, how would your day one go?

1. LaRon Landry - Justin Blalock
                2. Robert Meachum - Michael Griffin
                3. Mason Crosby - Johnnie Lee Higgins
                Griffin at 54....get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                  I'd be with you on that one DWM. We don't need our 2nd rounder. We've wasted plenty of those already anyways. LOL! ...only halfway kidding...

Giving up our 1st and 2nd rounder, however, would only get us to around the 13th pick according to the draft chart. So it would have to depend on how far we can get up and who's on the board.

Probably not high enough for AD, Branch, Gaines or Anderson like you said, but Lynch and Landry... I could see that...

Lynch is a bad ass mutha@#$^! I've seen him make some unreal runs. I don't know if that's the right move for us, but he is a bad dude.
                  I broke down moving up for landry a couple pages back...One thing that really stuck out to me was that scott laughed at Landry in the top 10. So lets say Houston goes Branch or AD or something.. ATL is looking safety but if they for some chance went Nelson which rumor has it they will....guess who is the next team likely to go S. pick #14 Carolina...so moving up to 13 would be the perfect place for him to be available to us. Lets not forget his a LSU guy...that has to hold someweight.

I'm all for bringing in quality of quanity this offseason.

Comment

• Here's hoping on gettin' Adalius Thomas!

*fingers crossed*

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                      Originally posted by leroyisgod
                      the injury was not serious and jj is solid at best. ummmm who is a proven nfl player in the draft? adrian would make our o-line better just like emmitt did.
                      How would adrian make our line better? Smith was a good back, but let's fac e the facts, w/o a strong line he never would've come close to that record.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
                        Originally posted by leroyisgod
                        How would adrian make our line better? Smith was a good back, but let's fac e the facts, w/o a strong line he never would've come close to that record.
                        There is compleing logic to moving up for a franchise skill position player. AP or Marshawn are potential stars and you can't expect a good team will keep all 7 draft choices. This is a good team and the days of 7th rounders starting should be over.

AP or Marshawn. Nice if you ask me. So many ways to go.

Comment

• If we address OG in FA...this whole draft can be BPA.

Comment

• If we'll move up it would be to pick Alan Branch...
                            Btw, I think we'll pick a free agent guard to be in better position on draft day.. And than we have to pick the BPA, no matter the position he play.
                            Right now at #22 I think we would able to pick Blalock, Brown, Griffin or Rice/Jarrett..

In which round do you think are going to get pick Carriker and Alama-Francis? Abd Ramirez?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I wish Dat Nguyen hadn't retired. Really big loss. I just have this feeling that he was very underrated. Plus Dexter Coakley. Those guys were both really good players.

Speaking of OL. We need an attitude on that line. Get some guys who are big and mean and aren't afraid to run over the over team when JJ's back there. Too many times this season we were taking 2-3 yard runs as satisfactory. This would really help our defense in terms of controlling the clock and keeping them off the field. Pretty much all the games where the opposition had more time of possession were losses.

Plus, it really never seems like we get in 3rd and 2-4 yard situations. I feel like when the offense isn't clicking there are a lot of 3rd and long scenarios and that begs Romo to throw into coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                                If we address OG in FA...this whole draft can be BPA.
                                I think we will address OG in FA. There's several out there that would work well. As far as the draft, I think we'll go BPA in rould one, and then let it go from there. If we go Guard in FA, I'd like to see this:

1.DeMarcus Tyler
                                2.Anthony Gonzalez
                                3.Jonathan Wade
                                4.Kevin Kolb
                                5.BPA
                                7.BPA
                                7.BPA
                                7.BPA

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X