Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really think you all are giving up on Watkins to quick. I mean if Nelson was there then you pick him. Maybe even Griffin. But as far as physical talent Watkins is every bit as talented as them. I'm not as high as I was on Nelson after watching Ginn run right by him. I thought he had that speed.

I'm actually pretty high on Ginn I don't care who you are, he will run faster then you. He is just that fast.

Comment

• Haha, I give up. Forget it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
        Originally posted by leroyisgod
        Originally posted by pocketaces
        Originally posted by leroyisgod
        Originally posted by pocketaces
        heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.
        Ya, let's trade away two valueable draft picks and a solid RB for one that is coming off of a serious injury and is unproven in the nfl. We need help on the Oline and defensive side of the ball. Not in the backfield.
        the injury was not serious and jj is solid at best. ummmm who is a proven nfl player in the draft? adrian would make our o-line better just like emmitt did.
        How would adrian make our line better? Smith was a good back, but let's fac e the facts, w/o a strong line he never would've come close to that record.
        the year before emmitt got here our line was considered one of the worst in the league. after emmitt newton, gogan, ect.. were going to probowls. when you have a great back the line doesnt have to open huge holes because he can find a crease and also pick up yards when nothing is there. he would make our defense better also because we could control the clock and the defense can rest. a great back can make things happen by himself at times ala l.t. i would gladly trade up for a.d. and it sounds like your in the minority for thinking otherwise.
        This is a very good observation. A franchise TB makes a huge difference.

Lynch or AP is a huge upgrade.

For example, look at how the pass blocking improved once Bledsoe sat.

Comment

• Originally posted by reigle9
          Haha, I give up. Forget it.
          I hear ya Reigle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number-94
            I really think you all are giving up on Watkins to quick. I mean if Nelson was there then you pick him. Maybe even Griffin. But as far as physical talent Watkins is every bit as talented as them. I'm not as high as I was on Nelson after watching Ginn run right by him. I thought he had that speed.

I'm actually pretty high on Ginn I don't care who you are, he will run faster then you. He is just that fast.
            Ginn has Prime Time Speed so not fair to expect a FS to run with him, even Nelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by reigle9
              Assume the very best case scenario happens and you were in charge, how would your day one go?

1. LaRon Landry - Justin Blalock
              2. Robert Meachum - Michael Griffin
              3. Mason Crosby - Johnnie Lee Higgins
              If had to toss out a draft with some guys falling up to a round at most ......

1. Marshawn Lynch
              2. Jarvis Moss
              3. Ben Grubbs
              4. Anthony Gonzalez
              5. Tyrone Moss
              6. Steve Breaston
              7. Justin Medlock

But anyway.....

Comment

• If we bring in a safety in the first round...Roy better be playing Rover in the nickle...that way Watkins still holds good value for this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                  If we bring in a safety in the first round...Roy better be playing Rover in the nickle...that way Watkins still holds good value for this team.
                  Unless Roy drastically improves his pass coverage, even if we do this, we will see play action or simply pass on first and second down all season with TEs ripping off 20 yards a pop.

All safeties in the league, today, must be able to cover some. Look at the Indy and Baltimore game today. A pleasure to watch the SS and FS play in that game.

I watched last weeks game again and it is putrid what Roy give this team outside the LOS. Perfume on a pig is still a pig.

By way of stats -- 10 out of the 25 TD passes we gave up this season went to the TE or RB. 40% of the total. The NFL Average is 20%. 20% represents 5 TDs.

Take out 5 TDs from the TE and RB total of 10 and we only give up 20 TDs. If so we magically hit the NFL average of giving up 20 TDs per season or 1.26 TD per game via the air as opposed to the 1.56 we gave up in actuality.

The math was interesting because it shows we give up the same amount of TDs via the air to WRs (in comparison to all other NFL teams) but we give up TWICE as many TDs to FBs and TEs in comparison to other teams.

Anyway. That is the LB and SS responsibility.

Comment

• I been flip-flopping on what we should do in the 1st round this year, but watching Ed Reed today makes it easy to see that a versitle, speedy and high impact safety can really make a defense. I love Roy, and don't want him to go anywhere, but if we could add a guy who can just be not only a ballhawk, but a center fielder next to Roy, our defense could go to that next level, to the upper tier of Defenses in the league. And I just don't see that in Watkins, I know it's way to early to even say he doesn't have it, but if we have a chance to trade up for Nelson, I would do it in a heart beat. Maybe with Thule's proposal of trading a 1st and a 2nd. Landry and Griffin are great players, but I think Reggie Nelson can make a huge impact for our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                      I been flip-flopping on what we should do in the 1st round this year, but watching Ed Reed today makes it easy to see that a versitle, speedy and high impact safety can really make a defense. I love Roy, and don't want him to go anywhere, but if we could add a guy who can just be not only a ballhawk, but a center fielder next to Roy, our defense could go to that next level, to the upper tier of Defenses in the league. And I just don't see that in Watkins, I know it's way to early to even say he doesn't have it, but if we have a chance to trade up for Nelson, I would do it in a heart beat. Maybe with Thule's proposal of trading a 1st and a 2nd. Landry and Griffin are great players, but I think Reggie Nelson can make a huge impact for our team.
                      The best safety combination for the Cowboys does not include Roy in any way shape or form.

Maybe in 2007 he drops some pounds and work very hard on coverage but as of last week......

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        I been flip-flopping on what we should do in the 1st round this year, but watching Ed Reed today makes it easy to see that a versitle, speedy and high impact safety can really make a defense. I love Roy, and don't want him to go anywhere, but if we could add a guy who can just be not only a ballhawk, but a center fielder next to Roy, our defense could go to that next level, to the upper tier of Defenses in the league. And I just don't see that in Watkins, I know it's way to early to even say he doesn't have it, but if we have a chance to trade up for Nelson, I would do it in a heart beat. Maybe with Thule's proposal of trading a 1st and a 2nd. Landry and Griffin are great players, but I think Reggie Nelson can make a huge impact for our team.
                        The best safety combination for the Cowboys does not include Roy in any way shape or form.

Maybe in 2007 he drops some pounds and work very hard on coverage but as of last week......
                        I dont really think it has that much to do with his weight, sure he could add a little more speed. But have you seen the angles he takes towards the reciever or tight end? Its disgusting, he needs to re-learn everything about covering the passing game.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Originally posted by ncbigbody
                          Originally posted by cowboysforever
                          Originally posted by Paul

I dont really think it has that much to do with his weight, sure he could add a little more speed. But have you seen the angles he takes towards the reciever or tight end? Its disgusting, he needs to re-learn everything about covering the passing game.
                          Rough watching Roy play in space. He looks no better than an ILB.

More speed always helps. Better technique always helps too.

No FS is going to save Roy unless Roy saves himself. No owner/GM. No DC either.

Comment

• Smardjia or Gonzalez?

Comment

Smardjia or Gonzalez?
                              I've always been a bigger fan of the possession receivers then I am of speedy ones. Smardja

Comment

Smardjia or Gonzalez?
                                is shark boy even coming out or is he going to play baseball?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information